• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 8, 2018
Super tempted to pick up a copy while I'm out today. I'll probably be playing Solo w/ matchmaking though as none of my friends seem interested in this. Hope I don't get matched with a lot of bad eggs lol.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not, if you start a game with two players, the two bots will be constantly looking for players to fill their slot. However, this has been probably the most requested change we've seen, so stay tuned.
Thanks for the info!

Hopefully the server issues are fixed tomorrow, if so, I'll grab it then

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
One of the cool things about this game is that it really makes you feel like you are good at fighting hordes of zombies. You see the numbers on screen and think, "no way", but some how you fight your way through, without feeling like you're cheesing your way through it.

It's really fun.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I pre ordered and got the Lobo pack but the guns are showing as locked even though I've downloaded it. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on PS4

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
YOUR wish is granted.
4b0574d3ba65f749607372244d4e5fcc.jpeg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't following this at all and didn't even know it came out. Watched a few vids & the posted review and bought it (and a new surround sound headset) immediately afterwards. They'll be here tomorrow!

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Well I'm glad I don"t play on PC then, I guess. Seems it also provides additional space bar inputs?

But like I said: I just don't care about this crap. I am having tons of fun with 30fps games and I'm not missing a mouse at all. I'm sorry you can only enjoy 60fps games with a mouse. You're missing out on a lot of good games.
Their loss then, not mine. :-)

Not my loss at all.
My consoles are exclusive boxes.
And its a shame most of those exclusives dont go for 60fps.
Fps and input>graphical nonsense

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Just played offline on Xbox one X and had a pretty good time.... Can see this being a great jump into game.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Played a few missions and it's a good budget game. Not the deepest experience by any means but certainly fun just to throw on from time to time and shoot zombies with friends. The Class and weapon unlocks give the game longevity but I don't think it's at the level of Left 4 Dead but it's certainly a good 7/10 type of game.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you've been playing at 60+FPS for many years on PC and go back to 30FPS or whatever it's really unpleasant and jarring for a few minutes.

Many people like the poster above will never push through those "few minutes" and will just quit straight out immediately. They don't let themselves get used to it and maintain a very high standard. If you keep playing the issue melts away and you don't really care in the end (unless the FPS gets really bad like into the 20s).

Just providing another POV here. I haven't really been following your convo.

i don't really find 30 fps acceptable anymore. My favorite game is Bloodborne and I can't really play it because the low fps is too distracting.

I don't mean to sound elitist but 60 fps doesn't seem like "high" fps to me anymore, it seems like baseline fps. 144 fps is high/optimal. I don't think consoles will ever achieve that, though, but we can at least hope for 60 from time to time.

Mar 29, 2018
i don't really find 30 fps acceptable anymore. My favorite game is Bloodborne and I can't really play it because the low fps is too distracting.

I don't mean to sound elitist but 60 fps doesn't seem like "high" fps to me anymore, it seems like baseline fps. 144 fps is high/optimal. I don't think consoles will ever achieve that, though, but we can at least hope for 60 from time to time.
That's what I'm saying - sit down and play Bloodborne for four hours and you'll acclimatise back to it and forget it's an issue.

60 is obviously better and SHOULD be the standard as you say, but it's not so

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
On the first chapter of the first episode, at the subway bit, I get a bug that breaks the game completely after collecting the supply caches.

Is this happening to anyone else? On PS4.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a (somewhat) redundant purchase for those of us getting Days Gone but I'm glad it's decent.

Wasn't a fan of the film but I could see the premise working well enough in a game.

May 22, 2018
On the first chapter of the first episode, at the subway bit, I get a bug that breaks the game completely after collecting the supply caches.

Is this happening to anyone else? On PS4.
Are you talking about when the train starts to leave, freezes, and the level doesn't end? If so, I got that. I received my player experience but not my weapon XP. Figured it was related to the server issues.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Played a quick solo game, it was alright. Friendly AI is a bit pants but it seems like it could be pretty good. I only tried easy mode, but I hope that the harder difficulties add more zombies at once and not just bullet sponge enemies and tissue paper player characters.

Kinda funny playing a Left For Dead clone (not in a bad way) on the Epic Games platform...there's probably a joke there but I can't work it out

Also, anyone know how to unlock the pre-order stuff? I can't see it anywhere

Oct 27, 2017
In the "It's alright" camp also. Not a patch on L4D. Feels like a one playthrough and I'm done kinda game, unless there are significant differences on the higher difficulties? Reached Japan before the servers went down earlier. Bit disappointing to learn the final episode in Tokyo is coming at a later date. Zombie pyramids are cool, never gets old watching the mad scramble up walls.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Game is awesome. Played offline on easy to start but bumped it to normal after the first act of NY. Normal is much better and I can't wait to tackle the game with some peeps.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing on PC all day, This game is fantastic. If anyone wants to group up from ERA let me know!

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I bought the game on PC and so did my wife. Is there a way for us to play online without it matchmaking other players for us? We just want to play together with AI for the other two slots. Otherwise randoms come in and ruin the experience.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
It's not bad solo but I wouldn't say it's good either. Not dissimilar to most games of the genre like l4d or Vermintide it's really meant to be played with at least one other person. Team AI wavers between godly and absolutely useless. I feel like they occasionally get bugged. During a defense part in Jerusalem in particular they just stopped moving or engaging the enemy, regardless of orders given or location of the zombies. Other times they are right next to you practically headshotting every zombie who enters the area.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
I bought the game on PC and so did my wife. Is there a way for us to play online without it matchmaking other players for us? We just want to play together with AI for the other two slots. Otherwise randoms come in and ruin the experience.
Were you able to figure this out? It looks like you can still invite people when you choose the offline option, but I haven't been able to try it myself yet.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game is more fun than I expected. Not a masterpiece, but a definitely a good time with friends for $35. We only did Tokyo and NY so far.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Hey folks, I think some/most of the server issues have been cleared up, though obviously it's less of a peak time right now. Still getting reports and dealing with stuff as it comes up, but if you were having issues yesterday and are still interested, worth giving it another shot today.

Will keep an eye on this thread throughout the day again, and any questions still welcome. Have fun!

Last edited:

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
Were you able to figure this out? It looks like you can still invite people when you choose the offline option, but I haven't been able to try it myself yet.
I've read on the official forums and official discord that a private lobby feature exists but isn't working as intended. Also, yeah you can invite people to an offline lobby but you can't start the game.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, I think some/most of the server issues have been cleared up, though obviously it's less of a peak time right now. Still getting reports and dealing with stuff as it comes up, but if you were having issues yesterday and are still interested, worth giving it another shot today.

Will keep an eye on this thread throughout the day again, and any questions still welcome. Have fun!
Been having quite a bit of fun with it, hope the launch has been successful. Any rough ETAs on when post-launch update details (not related to fixes/optimization) will be revealed?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda mad I slept on this after watching some videos. Going to be my next gaming purchase

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is awesome, and well worth $35, hope more people give it chance since it isn't a big AAA game.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Been having quite a bit of fun with it, hope the launch has been successful. Any rough ETAs on when post-launch update details (not related to fixes/optimization) will be revealed?
If you promise not to take it as a promise, probably before the end of the month, and hopefully sooner. I believe we've already said the third Tokyo map will be out soon, free of charge, so that'll be the first major bit of content.