• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KiLLaDeZo

Banned
Mar 27, 2018
Only found out about this game yesterday and watching some videos is getting me hyped! When are the official reviews coming out ?

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
This looks pretty good.

For some reason though the World War Z license is bothering me more than anything. I know it's based on the movie and not the book, but everything about it seems antithetical to the tone of the film. It's sole relation seems to be the horde (and maybe the glboe-trotting scenarios).

The tone of the game just seems way off to the point where I wish it wasn't a licensed game at all and a brand new IP. It's a minor gripe in the wider conversation about the quality of the gane, but the gulf in tone between the film and the game (and immeasurably moreso between the book and the game) seems to be hindering my enthusiasm.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty good.

For some reason though the World War Z license is bothering me more than anything. I know it's based on the movie and not the book, but everything about it seems antithetical to the tone of the film. It's sole relation seems to be the horde (and maybe the glboe-trotting scenarios).

The tone of the game just seems way off to the point where I wish it wasn't a licensed game at all and a brand new IP. It's a minor gripe in the wider conversation about the quality of the gane, but the gulf in tone between the film and the game (and immeasurably moreso between the book and the game) seems to be hindering my enthusiasm.
I feel like the game was being made to launch along side the film sequel to WWZ that fell into development hell and then got cancelled. Now it's all alone in a void with the IP.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Hey folks. Usual deal from me, any Qs I can help with, let me know.

Only found out about this game yesterday and watching some videos is getting me hyped! When are the official reviews coming out ?

Code went out yesterday/today (just no way to give a proper review experience pre-release) so it'll be scattered. Loads of content out there on Twitch and YouTube already, of course.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Dont forget: once you play as a character you unlock a short animated origin story on their character page. Check em out!

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly the answer is 'we'll announce soon' as we're in the middle of finalising everything (had a meeting about it 2 hours ago, in fact), but there will be stuff, some that you'd expect and some that will hopefully be a pleasant surprise.

Haha, I'd thought I'd chance asking. Thanks for replying though. Definitely excited to see what's next.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This is a solid L4D like.
Go PC if you can.
30fps seems like a damn shame
Coop is where its at versus is throwaway.
With added updates and content this can be even better

Why is 30fps a shame? 90% (if not more) of console games are 30fps and most people are not bothered by it at all (I'm not). This game seems to be pretty CPU intense with that horde. 30fps should be expected.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Karak 's review put it right on my radar.
Totally in the mood for a co-op survival/horde game. This would be the perfect game pass game down the road too.

It is 60fps on the Xbox One X?

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Why is 30fps a shame? 90% (if not more) of console games are 30fps and most people are not bothered by it at all

Because they dont know any better. Mouse and keyboard at 60 frames or more makes any game feel like a different beast compared to pad controlls at 30. Any games becomes more responsive and fun to play.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Because they dont know any better. Mouse and keyboard at 60 frames or more makes any game feel like a different beast compared to pad controlls at 30. Any games becomes more responsive and fun to play.

They don't know any better? You must be out of the game for a while, aren't you? Plenty of console games even offer a high framerate mode (Nioh, Tomb Raider, God of War to name a select few and there are many more) or even run at 60fps and plenty of console gamers (including me) played on PC before. Some just don't care. I played Rise of the Tomb Raider on res mode because it just looked better to me and with The Last of Us 2 for example, I hope they prioritize graphics over framerate (as long as it's steady).

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

giphy.gif

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's a Left 4 Dead clone rather than single player.

Never mind then.
If you want single player hordes, Days Gone is for you. This is heaviliy inspired by L4D, yes. A game that hasn't seen a new game released in many many years, also never made it to PS3/4 (Only Xbox 360 / One only through BC) - so absolutely greatly appreciated.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
They don't know any better? You must be out of the game for a while, aren't you? Plenty of console games even offer a high framerate mode (Nioh, Tomb Raider, God of War to name a select few and there are many more) or even run at 60fps and plenty of console gamers (including me) played on PC before. Some just don't care. I played Rise of the Tomb Raider on res mode because it just looked better to me and with The Last of Us 2 for example, I hope they prioritize graphics over framerate (as long as it's steady).

You need a precision input tool like a mouse in order to fully sense that high framerate. The mouse is a 1:1 tool. You feel even the slightest variation or framedrop. It feels different than a controller does at the same framerate.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
This looks pretty good.

The book I can understand, but I don't follow how this game has a 'gulf' of a difference in its tone compared to the movie...?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Hey folks. Usual deal from me, any Qs I can help with, let me know.

Code went out yesterday/today (just no way to give a proper review experience pre-release) so it'll be scattered. Loads of content out there on Twitch and YouTube already, of course.

Me and my friends are itching to play this on ps4 but unfortunately they are in region 3 (Asia) and it seems like the game is not available on region 3 psn store? Can you clarify whether this is a temporary thing or will region 3 psn will not have this game indefinitely? That would be a huge bummer for us :(

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You need a precision input tool like a mouse in order to fully sense that high framerate. The mouse is a 1:1 tool. You feel even the slightest variation or framedrop. It feels different than a controller does at the same framerate.

Well I'm glad I don"t play on PC then, I guess. Seems it also provides additional space bar inputs?

But like I said: I just don't care about this crap. I am having tons of fun with 30fps games and I'm not missing a mouse at all. I'm sorry you can only enjoy 60fps games with a mouse. You're missing out on a lot of good games.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In terms of the flow of combat, is it similar to L4D? The footage seems to suggest objectives as you head towards a destination but are there safe houses or something similar?

Also, L4D was known for its director ability with the enemies and keeping players on their toes. Is this similar or are waves fairly predictable?

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Is there any persistent progression in this game? Or is it like L4D where you start back at 0 for every game?

There's a persistent, class-based system where you're earning new upgrades, abilities, and starting weapons.

Me and my friends are itching to play this on ps4 but unfortunately they are in region 3 (Asia) and it seems like the game is not available on region 3 psn store? Can you clarify whether this is a temporary thing or will region 3 psn will not have this game indefinitely? That would be a huge bummer for us :(

Getting the details now, but there was some glitch and it should be live on Region 3 PSN tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

In terms of the flow of combat, is it similar to L4D? The footage seems to suggest objectives as you head towards a destination but are there safe houses or something similar?

Also, L4D was known for its director ability with the enemies and keeping players on their toes. Is this similar or are waves fairly predictable?

The flow is similar, but a little more fast paced, more zombies, and the special infected are more common in WWZ, from what I remember of my L4D days. There also isn't Tank or Witch moments where your strat has to change completely, but instead set-pieces that have a similar but more varied effect on the gameplay.

There aren't specific safe zones, but there are areas where you'll be setting up for an oncoming attack that have ammo, weapons to choose from, health packs, etc.

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
There's a persistent, class-based system where you're earning new upgrades, abilities, and starting weapons.

The flow is similar, but a little more fast paced, more zombies, and the special infected are more common in WWZ, from what I remember of my L4D days. There also isn't Tank or Witch moments where your strat has to change completely, but instead set-pieces that have a similar but more varied effect on the gameplay.

There aren't specific safe zones, but there are areas where you'll be setting up for an oncoming attack that have ammo, weapons to choose from, health packs, etc.

All this information got me. Darn, now I need this game. L4D 1+2 we're my favorite experiences. And even MORE zombies?! Yes please.

Also... Is the horde size reduce on consoles as opposed to PC?

Oct 25, 2017
Game is surprisingly fun. Finished it on easy mode with a friend: we had fast matches, relatively bug-free / crash-free experience, and great framerates. The level design is simple but keeps the action moving, and the amount of unlocks and class customization is super encouraging as is the amount of difficulty modes. Would be cool to know if there are any plans or intentions behind DLC for the game, as I think it would fit things really well with this kind of game, but as is I think the value proposition here is actually pretty damn great.

Also, no MTX bullshit from what I can see. Game is priced perfectly, too.

Mar 29, 2018
Well I'm glad I don"t play on PC then, I guess. Seems it also provides additional space bar inputs?

But like I said: I just don't care about this crap. I am having tons of fun with 30fps games and I'm not missing a mouse at all. I'm sorry you can only enjoy 60fps games with a mouse. You're missing out on a lot of good games.
If you've been playing at 60+FPS for many years on PC and go back to 30FPS or whatever it's really unpleasant and jarring for a few minutes.

Many people like the poster above will never push through those "few minutes" and will just quit straight out immediately. They don't let themselves get used to it and maintain a very high standard. If you keep playing the issue melts away and you don't really care in the end (unless the FPS gets really bad like into the 20s).

Just providing another POV here. I haven't really been following your convo.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
It should be there in few hours.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Interested to see what content comes later with this because it feels a little light at launch. I guess the replayability should be high, which will help in that regard.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
If you've been playing at 60+FPS for many years on PC and go back to 30FPS or whatever it's really unpleasant and jarring for a few minutes.

Many people like the poster above will never push through those "few minutes" and will just quit straight out immediately. They don't let themselves get used to it and maintain a very high standard. If you keep playing the issue melts away and you don't really care in the end (unless the FPS gets really bad like into the 20s).

Just providing another POV here. I haven't really been following your convo.

Their loss then, not mine. :-)

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know this was a thing until ACG's review popped up. This looks great. Considering picking it up.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to Moscow chapter 1 but me and my friends have been disconnected and can't get back into the game.

The WWZ servers must be getting hammered.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
I went from knowing next to nothing about this to buying it this weekend in the span of a few minutes. This looks like it is really going to satisfy that coop craving for my friend and I.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm a days gone fanboy but i have to admit that the horde in this game seems far better compared to the what you find in the bend title, at least in the shooting\gore\phisics departements.

Of course the game is so much smaller in scope compared to days gone so you can use more resource on the horde without compromising the framerate too much.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
All this information got me. Darn, now I need this game. L4D 1+2 we're my favorite experiences. And even MORE zombies?! Yes please.

Also... Is the horde size reduce on consoles as opposed to PC?

To my knowledge, same across all platforms. Horde size is varied by difficulty and I believe the AI director controls it to some degree as well.

Flawless OT title

Can you play with a friend online alongside AI bots?

Unfortunately not, if you start a game with two players, the two bots will be constantly looking for players to fill their slot. However, this has been probably the most requested change we've seen, so stay tuned.

Saw this on Twitter as I've had a little trouble getting into PS4 online games:

Got to Moscow chapter 1 but me and my friends have been disconnected and can't get back into the game.

The WWZ servers must be getting hammered.

Just an update on servers, things are improving as we've unlocked a lot more scaling to deal with demand. No doubt still some issues, but our number one priority right now to get people playing (with their friends) as much as possible, so improvements happening constantly.