• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

EgcqpsbU8AAzkUd

Last edited:

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait! That means prepatch should be dropping soon and bringing the level squash.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That's all I needed out of Gamescom. Can't wait. It's looking to be a terrific expansion.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Burnt out on WoW during BFA, may come back for Shadowlands but wait until Decemberish

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Kinda hoping they don't pull a BfA and wind up releasing this too soon. Alpha was fun when I played it and I'll probably check out the prepatch.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Earlier than I expected. Still a lot of balancing to be done and some classes (Windwalker monk for example) still need A LOT of time to tune them.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Haven't really been following Shadowlands updates, but 10/27 is earlier than I was expecting. Hopefully, beta's been going smooth and people are happy with the game, I don't want another WoD/BfA scenario.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
They need a lot more time than that, its definitely not going to be ready

EDIT: But that cinematic was fucking awesome, Arthas pretty much confirmed in SL

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I really need this to be good.

At the very least Blizzard's cinematics are still incredible!

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I'll jump back in. Hopefully the expansion will do more than just "hey, remember this character?"

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
Hoping this is better than the last 3 expansions. MoP was the last enjoyable expansion for me.
People say Legion was great, but it introduced the endless rng that made me despise the game. They changed everything to work more like a shitty endless grind mobile game. I haven't read much about shadowlands, but I am expecting more of that...

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
about a month sooner than I thought. I would guess pre-patch is closer to launch due to the squish.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait.

Will take my usual week off work for release and play through the new content. Nothing comes close in gaming to a new WoW expansion.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Late October Early November is sooooooo packed for me. But WoW is always a priority.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping this is better than the last 3 expansions. MoP was the last enjoyable expansion for me.
People say Legion was great, but it introduced the endless rng that made me despise the game. They changed everything to work more like a shitty endless grind mobile game. I haven't read much about shadowlands, but I am expecting more of that...

Well, for one they got rid of the warforged/titanforged gear they introduced in Legion and the new legendaries are crafted so you have control on how to aquire them.

They removed A LOT of rng.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
Well, for one they got rid of the warforged/titanforged gear they introduced in Legion and the new legendaries are crafted so you have control on how to aquire them.

They removed A LOT of rng.
That is definitely good news, thank you.
Having actual control over gearing instead of just randomly being graced by the rng Gods will be pretty helpful for me if that's the case.
I don't mind grinding, but grinding without a guarantee of getting anything you need out of it? Awful.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, Blizzard has a lot of beta testing to do, they've created a tight window for themselves. All I'll say is to keep your expectations in check with regards to certain classes, and their covenant system.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Honestly, didn't think it would come out so soon. Classes are still being worked on and the Covenant system is a mess at the moment. They do have time to change things but two months isn't much time to beta test things. They have less than that, actually.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
They're still doing class changes and testing a lot of things and they're pushing it out that soon? Why should I of expected anything different. Guess we'll see how it goes. With the state of some classes and the constant changes they're doing I was expecting later. Around this time with a release date like that I would of expected of going into class tuning phase. Still going to play but this seems like they're rushing a bit. Ready for another trainwreck.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin bursting with excitement. So glad. I know I'll probably be frustrated if a bug or two sours a day or two of play, but fuck it, I'd rather have it sooner than December or later.

Predicting 9.0 hits in mid-to-late September. Historically, pre-patch has usually been 4-6 weeks out from an expansion launch with only WoD being an exception, I think at 3 weeks. And this prepatch is pretty huge and (IMO) needs time to breathe. Would be super content if it showed up in 2 or 3 weeks.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
They're still doing class changes and testing a lot of things and they're pushing it out that soon? Why should I of expected anything different. Guess we'll see how it goes.
Blizz just now announced they're finally gonna be pushing Monk changes soon to the Beta. Some classes don't even have covenant abilities working yet, and we're talking about something here that for months hasn't been finalized for the classes that have been in testing since the start of Alpha.

We're headed towards yet another 9.0 open beta release.