• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I'm getting that "pre-WoW expansion" itch coming on...

I quit pretty early on in Shadowlands, largely due to having zero sense of community in the game. I don't have any IRL friends who play anymore and had a lot of trouble finding a decent guild. Lack of any sort of "place" meant I had little desire to focus on one character and ultimately burnt myself out. :/

Everything from Dragonflight looks really cool, Evoker seems really fun and right up my alley. Is there any sort of best guess on release date? I know it seems they want to get it out this year, but is it likely a December release, like Shadowlands was?

I wish the game had a more robust F2P system, I would definitely poke around and farm old content and stuff more, but being limited to level 20 on a "free" account is a big bummer.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
What's a good ilvl to purchase a leggo on a fresh character? I rerolled alliance on a new server so this toon is broke. Looking to try and attempt KSM this season.
go as high as you can with regards to gold and flux I'd say, last I checked 291 legendaries were cheaper than the lower ilvl ones anyway. really little use to go for the lower ilvl legendaries unless flux/ash is an issue.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting that "pre-WoW expansion" itch coming on...

I quit pretty early on in Shadowlands, largely due to having zero sense of community in the game. I don't have any IRL friends who play anymore and had a lot of trouble finding a decent guild. Lack of any sort of "place" meant I had little desire to focus on one character and ultimately burnt myself out. :/

Everything from Dragonflight looks really cool, Evoker seems really fun and right up my alley. Is there any sort of best guess on release date? I know it seems they want to get it out this year, but is it likely a December release, like Shadowlands was?

I wish the game had a more robust F2P system, I would definitely poke around and farm old content and stuff more, but being limited to level 20 on a "free" account is a big bummer.
What server/region you playing? Having a solid community feels very good yeah, searching for onr always meh. Maybe someone here can help with that.

Looking to be a December release. Still in the midst of alpha, beta needs to come and give some breathing room for Lich King Classic next month.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
What server/region you playing? Having a solid community feels very good yeah, searching for onr always meh. Maybe someone here can help with that.

Looking to be a December release. Still in the midst of alpha, beta needs to come and give some breathing room for Lich King Classic next month.
I'm North America, I honestly can't recall what server I was on, primarily. I've been Horde and Alliance and don't have any strong feelings one way or the other regarding that.. I'm in the camp of "faction war is bad, get rid of it".

I had a semi-decent guild for a bit in late BFA but it eventually fell apart once SL hit, so I played up to 60 on a few characters and stopped because I had no real incentive to keep going, y'know?

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Anyone here on Kazzak EU? My guild quit the game long time ago and I've been in pugging hell. I got tired of boosted people ruining my keys because they're clueless

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I am utterly convinced that legacy loot rules take your class into account and weigh against it. My luck this week on transmog runs has been fucking abysmal. Doing a run on a warrior? zero plate or 2handers. Doing a run on a rogue? only plate and 2handers, no leather.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Broke 1500 M+ rating today which I'm pretty happy with. Next on the list is improving my Kara keys as they're both lower than the rest. Overall season 4 isn't great IMO, it feels like I'm constantly fighting the camera or trying to see spell effects set to 5% opacity.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Man, i havent seen a dungeon as busted as lower kara in a long time. Managed to bag a few 15s with ease but havent managed to get past Maiden (which I only reached once too lmao) yet and I went down as far as a 7 key.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
kara is scaled real weird and really was not designed with affixes like quaking in mind

it's totally doable but like, man i'm real tired of getting hit by a quaking we couldn't place ourselves properly for because the hallways are a single body across and the effect disappears under the rugs and such in the instance

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I like it. Sometimes I'm just running around buildings trying to find the damn quest giver.
rick-and-morty-this-guy-gets-it.gif

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
They have updated the ilvls with every season so far iirc. Season 3 went up 23 ilvls from season 2 and they've gone up again this season.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the stuff about the Dragonflight alpha, I wonder if we're going to end up with dragon fatigue, like orc fatigue from WoD.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
I'm in the EU so we haven't had the dungeon nerfs yet and I just finished a +17 Lower Kara, what an absolute nightmare of a key. Missed the timer by a few minutes, but whatever, there's no shame in an out of time 17 Lower Kara in its current state. We could have done it, but our Hunter lusted at the wrong time, and he and the Warlock both messed up on Maiden (didn't take their stack).

Season 4 has made it very clear Blizzard need to work on both their camera and spell effects systems as they're just not good enough, especially when so many abilities are piling on top of each other and are able to one shot you on high keys.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Little confused on the world bosses, can you fight them as many times until you get a piece of loot then you're locked out or is just the one chance per week?

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Oh my God, they finally gave Warlocks a Pit Lord

buuuuuuuut it's on Nether Portal.

Oh well. Might mess with it some times.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Little confused on the world bosses, can you fight them as many times until you get a piece of loot then you're locked out or is just the one chance per week?

One chance per-character per-week. One World Boss per week drops significantly higher item level loot, corresponding to the raid that's empowered.

I'm 0/2 on World Boss loot so far. So don't worry, you're in good company. :')

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One chance per-character per-week. One World Boss per week drops significantly higher item level loot, corresponding to the raid that's empowered.

I'm 0/2 on World Boss loot so far. So don't worry, you're in good company. :')
Thanks! I'll take my 100sh gold, anima and bite my thumb at Antros and the korthia one.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe they're actually pushing holy paladin into a casting role, as a melee healer.
The talent tree is pretty crazy, both in the amount of talents catered towards Holy Light/Flash of Light, but also since the talents are just randomly spread it seems so you can't really do a raid or an m+ build.
I expected better with them taking 2 extra weeks on them.

If I wanted to play a casting holy healer I'd play holy priest, and be at a safe range from melee mechanics too. Speaking of holy priest, their tree seems to have an idea at least going left or right in the tree a for more damage.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda sad Druid is completely forgotten. First talents out, completely lackluster and no communication or updates since. Probably gonna reroll for Dragonflight, class is just completely unsupported sadly.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
I just got my season 4 mount, very happy with that! But now do I really want to keep doing keys to get the few upgrades I need when this expansion is basically over? We'll see. I might just focus on the new Monster Hunter patch for now.

Ax4cLxW.jpg

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Congratz mate. This one looks really good

I will hopefully get it
Awesome! Gratz. :D

The color this season is really fantastic.

Yeah, it's definitely my favourite colour so far. Overall it wasn't too bad to get even without a team, it was just me and my Druid friend, although Arms Warriors is very off meta, so sometimes it was very hard to get into groups, especially combined with Druid who is also an off meta healer, but we managed it by mostly doing our keys. M+ is pretty shitty ATM unless you're a Hunter or Warlock, the meta slaving is so strong right now.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Yeah, it's definitely my favourite colour so far. Overall it wasn't too bad to get even without a team, it was just me and my Druid friend, although Arms Warriors is very off meta, so sometimes it was very hard to get into groups, especially combined with Druid who is also an off meta healer, but we managed it by mostly doing our keys. M+ is pretty shitty ATM unless you're a Hunter or Warlock, the meta slaving is so strong right now.
Fuck the meta and this shitty mentality. My mate is a ret paladin who plays the spec so good to the point he puts the meta specs to shame. He still doesn't get invited because simply he's a ret

Luckily I got my mates that I always play with. Don't need those pricks but glad you managed to get it at least

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Anyone knows how exactly the m+ rating ingame works?

I somehow managed to 2 chest a bunch of 14s this week and was wondering if the rating i get from that is higher than 1 chesting a 15.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I started playing WoW again - on Defias Brotherhood retail, Earthshaker Classic TBC.

Any of you dudes around? I'm looking to learn mythics on retail and push. Classic I just started and holy shit it's so slow to level.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
New Dragonflight Alpha build is out. Monk talents are available, and most people seem to really dig them.

New loading screen too:

DFLoginScreen.jpg

Also, it looks like outdoor endgame content was added for the main Dragonflght factions. Each seems to have their own unique activities.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Man mining and herbalism really feel like worthless professions now after the AH change.

The new AH has definitely been interesting to watch. I expected prices to go down, but they've dropped harder than I would have anticipated. Everything is much closer to its fair market value now.

Just as an example, I made millions during Shadowlands selling Skystrider Gliders (which are effectively free to craft once you unlock them) for 5k - 10k. I was the only person regularly selling them on my server for the better part of the last year, so I could set the price I wanted. (This money making scheme was inspired by someone gouging me on a feather, fwiw.)

Now they're going for 50g.

Overall, the "fair market" that resulted from the change is as great for buyers as it is bad for sellers. Less gouging will probably lead to more equal gold distribution across the playerbase. With less disparity between the haves and have-nots, I expect the gold value of the WoW token to decrease a bit going forward.

The Legendary market is relatively unaffected on my server. It's still a lot less lucrative than it was in earlier patches, but if you're looking to sell things for a significant profit margin, those are probably your best bet.

(Not financial advice btw. :P)

Last edited:

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Overall, the "fair market" that resulted from the change is as great for buyers as it is bad for sellers. Less gouging will probably lead to more equal gold distribution across the playerbase. With less disparity between the haves and have-nots, I expect the gold value of the WoW token to decrease a bit going forward.

I think this is really their true end goal with the recent AH change and also removing mission table. I think they realize they stand to profit more off of people buying WoW tokens for gold so they are making it harder to passively earn gold in Dragonflight.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is really their true end goal with the recent AH change and also removing mission table. I think they realize they stand to profit more off of people buying WoW tokens for gold so they are making it harder to passively earn gold in Dragonflight.
Except with dropping prices you don't need to buy WoW tokens to get the gold needed to buy what you need. Dailies and World Quests, that repeatable content they like to do, would be more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.