• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
She's busy collecting souls in The Maw as a way to repent. She'll probably show up again in the future, but for now she's in the background.

that's what I meant. So basically, no Sylvanas in Dragonflight much like Illidan is away doing hhis thing for awhile aswell.

Hot take? I could do without Jaina for awhile too :(

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Heroic Jailer lives another week. q_q 1% wipe earlier in the night, and then we ended the night on a 5% wipe where we hit enrage early because our tank missed a pillar break.

I really love the fight though, so I don't mind the wipes tbh. Great fight to close out a great raid.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Heroic Jailer lives another week. q_q 1% wipe earlier in the night, and then we ended the night on a 5% wipe where we hit enrage early because our tank missed a pillar break.

I really love the fight though, so I don't mind the wipes tbh. Great fight to close out a great raid.
Nice! Our social raid group just pushed to HC Jailer last night, feels good. Looking forward to ending it soonTM.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to the game so bear with me here:

How do I find a good guild that isn't toxic and raids/M+ often?

Check the WoW server forums or subreddit. Can't remember what it's called but there's a subreddit dedicated to finding WoW guilds and it's decent enough. The guilds that post there are usually the capable and friendly type. Bottom tier guilds will just spam invites and trade chat ads.

-

They released the talent tree previews for Druids and Death Knights.

www.wowhead.com

Druid Dragonflight Talent Preview for All Specs

Blizzard has revealed a preview of the Dragonflight Talents for Druids including baseline abilities, class talents and specific spec talents.
www.wowhead.com

Death Knight Dragonflight Talent Tree Preview for All Specs

Blizzard has revealed a preview of the Dragonflight Talent Tree for Death Knights including baseline abilities, class talents and specific spec talents.

Honestly... it's not like worst-case scenario but they still look a bit dull. Thankfully we have 5/6 months of testing and iteration ahead so hopefully they're a bit more interesting by the end.

MightGoThere

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly... it's not like worst-case scenario but they still look a bit dull. Thankfully we have 5/6 months of testing and iteration ahead so hopefully they're a bit more interesting by the end.

Frost have some really cool combos in there actually, I'm super excited to try it out. The base tree looks a lot less interesting but that's not surprising. If they manage to give most specs something like frost though it's gonna be great.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Check the WoW server forums or subreddit. Can't remember what it's called but there's a subreddit dedicated to finding WoW guilds and it's decent enough. The guilds that post there are usually the capable and friendly type. Bottom tier guilds will just spam invites and trade chat ads.

-

They released the talent tree previews for Druids and Death Knights.

www.wowhead.com

Druid Dragonflight Talent Preview for All Specs

Blizzard has revealed a preview of the Dragonflight Talents for Druids including baseline abilities, class talents and specific spec talents.
www.wowhead.com

Death Knight Dragonflight Talent Tree Preview for All Specs

Blizzard has revealed a preview of the Dragonflight Talent Tree for Death Knights including baseline abilities, class talents and specific spec talents.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it basically seems to be the same talents repackaged that we've had for a couple of expansions now.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They've also thrown in pretty much all of the best of the previous borrowed powers.
Which is cool in concept, but I was hoping for more new stuff if that makes sense? Kind of a fresh start after a couple bleh expansions. I'll keep an open mind for sure after people get hands on it.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Which is cool in concept, but I was hoping for more new stuff if that makes sense? Kind of a fresh start after a couple bleh expansions. I'll keep an open mind for sure after people get hands on it.
I mean, we've all been complaining about losing the borrowed power after each expansion for ages and, frankly, I'd rather they did that than give us a bunch of "this makes x ability 1% stronger out of 5" talents like the original trees had. These feel like they have a lot of interesting choices so far.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hurry up and release a talent tree preview for a class I even vaguely understand. 😞

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
My takeaway from looking at Druid is that Resto will be the healer to bring in M+, there's so many great effective damaging abilities that resto can choose from. And they have Mark of the Wild which increases speed/crit. And they have an interrupt.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
They want you to be nice to people. Too late Blizz...

It's been hilarious watching the usual suspects implode over this popup screen. We've gone through everything from Blizzard being a censoring dictatorship, to "if you're offended by words you need to work on your own personal issues" to it being horrendously patronising to tell adults to be nice.

So I'd say the social contract is probably working as intended. Hopefully Blizzard follows through and enforces their rules more strictly.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I was "mad" (not really) at the half-baked cross faction stuff and then I realized I'm just going to play a Evoker next anyway >_>

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
After 95 wipes, Heroic Jailer down!

The boss was hard for our group (large raid group and lack of DKs meant the P3 adds were a pain), but he was overall my favorite raid boss in a raid instance that I really love, so I'm not mad about it.

I was also lucky in that we got the kill on a pull where I didn't die stupidly, and ended up with a 97 parse. \o/

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Did any of you EU players get the promotion mail from blizz mentioned here https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-bl...friends-to-wow-for-free-faction-change-327343 and I quote: "Certain members of the WoW community were emailed by Blizzard with a special new promotion. These players were offered a free faction change token if they invite at least one (but up to 5) friends back to World of Warcraft who have not had an active sub since May 31st, 2022?

None of my friends that still play the game got it. If any of you received the mail and have an invite left please let me know as I'm curious to try out the latest patch and get my hands on that dark ranger outfit for my hunter.

Deleted member 93841

Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I've gone off the game a bit in the last two weeks. I reckon I'm going to just do my weekly dungeons until Season 4 hits.

Sepulcher has really drained me. I haven't even finished it on normal yet and I have no desire to do so either. It's one of the most exhausting raids in the game, imo.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they made the Sandworn Relics B.Net bound. I've got so many of them on my main that I wish I could just send them to my alts to gear up.

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018
I am tickled that the macOS client properly handles the notch on newer MacBooks. Say what you will about other aspects of the game, but the people working on the client seem to do a good job adapting to new things.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonflight pre-orders are live.

Game is scheduled to release in 2022.

I initially thought they were aiming for this year but with no beta by now I shifted to 2023. So half surprised?

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely surprising to me. Always expected Season 4 to be relatively short, but with lack of a release date at the announcement and no beta, I figured 2023 as well.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Initially filled with excitement, but now I'm filled with dread because they're probably dumb enough to release WotLK classic and Dragonflight within a month from eachother. That's what it's looking like so far.

Deleted member 93841

Banned
Mar 17, 2021
It worries me a bit that they think it's going to be ready so soon. Makes me wonder if it's going to be a good expansion.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I think accepting pre-orders adds an extra complication, though. Aren't they legally obligated to release the expansion within the fiscal year once they start accepting pre-orders? If they push it back now they'll have to give refunds. Which...is exactly what happened with Shadowlands, but Shadowlands released peak pandemic, and I doubt that even Blizz would make that same flub two expansions in a row.

Anything can happen, sure. But, they must be pretty confident they can get it out. Which, when you think about it, isn't too surprising? They pulled resources off of Shadowlands really early...

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
Wonder why they stopped having their deluxe editions give items in their other games, without it have no real reason to buy any edition besides the base one, but I guess that works for me to save like half the cost

Would be buying with WoW Token bux either way of course, but now dont have to farm as hard or anything to re earn the spent ones

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
They just don't give a fuck anymore. This feels like a last hurrah before acquisition.

If it launches in 2022 it will land very hot and will be a total disaster. We haven't seen any endgame, only 2 talent trees which will need obvious tuning from feedback.

On top of that is Season 4 supposed to only be 1-2 months then?

I feel like they are just trying to inflate the quarter numbers with pre orders and all the other shit (New store pet & discounts today as well).

Once pre orders are locked in and people have used the boosts etc, it makes it a lot more difficult to get a refund as you lose access to those characters and all the other shit you got.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
They just don't give a fuck anymore. This feels like a last hurrah before acquisition.

If it launches in 2022 it will land very hot and will be a total disaster. We haven't seen any endgame, only 2 talent trees which will need obvious tuning from feedback.

I feel like they are just trying to inflate the quarter numbers with pre orders and all the other shit (New store pet & discounts today as well).

Once pre orders are locked in and people have used the boosts etc, it makes it a lot more difficult to get a refund as you lose access to those characters and all the other shit you got.
Talk about overreactions, holy moly. S4 comes later in the summer and was aleays intended to be a shorter season. Will still last 4-5 months, which is plenty for recycled content.

It launching in 2022 does not mean it will 'be a disaster'. There are no covenants, borrowed power system or something else to fuck up here. Just talent trees, which is not hard to adjust in half a year's time and after. Delaying that to Q1 does nothing.

What about endgame do you even want to see? The raid, that they talked about? Mythic+, that they talked about? Reputations, that they talked about? Professions and using it, that they talked about? It has the normal endgame we know by now. Showing more of it can be done closer to launch.

The rest is unneeded pessimism and cynicism, not even worth touching upon.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

It isn't a last hurrah because Microsoft won't get rid of WoW. If anything I can see them pumping more money into it and trying to get it working on xbox. They are still supporting Elder Scrolls online and all reports indicate that WoW still beats it for subscribers. Make it free to play for gamepass users, have some sort of paid subscription that gives cosmetics and things of that nature, it'll be a huge hit.

Theres still five/six months before it releases, plenty of time for re-tuning and further feedback.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't a last hurrah because Microsoft won't get rid of WoW. If anything I can see them pumping more money into it and trying to get it working on xbox. They are still supporting Elder Scrolls online and all reports indicate that WoW still beats it for subscribers. Make it free to play for gamepass users, have some sort of paid subscription that gives cosmetics and things of that nature, it'll be a huge hit.

Theres still five/six months before it releases, plenty of time for re-tuning and further feedback.

WoW 2 A Realm Reborn

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Dragons smagons, I want my otter mount.

It's super cool, the mountspecial especially

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Talk about overreactions, holy moly. S4 comes later in the summer and was aleays intended to be a shorter season. Will still last 4-5 months, which is plenty for recycled content.

It launching in 2022 does not mean it will 'be a disaster'. There are no covenants, borrowed power system or something else to fuck up here. Just talent trees, which is not hard to adjust in half a year's time and after. Delaying that to Q1 does nothing.

What about endgame do you even want to see? The raid, that they talked about? Mythic+, that they talked about? Reputations, that they talked about? Professions and using it, that they talked about? It has the normal endgame we know by now. Showing more of it can be done closer to launch.

The rest is unneeded pessimism and cynicism, not even worth touching upon.

You may find it an overreaction but I don't. 6 months to Alpha/Beta Test, finish the current season, launch the new one as well as the pre patch is not enough.

Specially when they need to act on feedback from said Beta regarding the talent trees and wherever other systems they may have in the game. Not to touch on the fact that we haven't seen anything other than trailers and teasers as of yet.

Seems to me like these days the WoW community is happy with mediocrity as long as they have their fix.

End of the day you are entitled to your opinion.

I meant it more as a last hurrah for Bobby.

My problem with the tuning is that we haven't even seen alpha and only 2 talent trees.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Keep in mind that this happened earlier this year:

www.engadget.com

Activision Blizzard gives 1,100 QA testers full-time jobs and higher base pay

The move comes amid a unionization effort by QA workers at Raven Software.

So, I don't think Blizzard needs to rely on an extended beta period this time around.

Which, fine be me because hot take: I think WoW's beta periods are way too long and leave the game way too exposed in the first place.

Maybe it's because COVID left way too much time on my hands, but I don't think I've ever been so spoiled on a WoW expansion as I was Shadowlands (and to a lesser extent BfA). And not just on the lore. With so much time between patches, it really felt like you knew the lore, knew the meta, and had content creators screaming at you about what choices were trash and which weren't for months before patches would even launch. And this did contribute to my (lack of) initial hype for new content.

I think Blizzard should dial back on their players doubling as their QA. I kind of like that Dragonflight is dropping this year and there's still so much we don't know about it. 'Bout time.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Glad to hear Dragonflight is already mediocre.
I didn't say Dragonflight was mediocre. I said the community is happy with mediocrity and has been for many years.

Dragonflight can turn out amazing but forgive me for being very skeptical due to blizzards recent track record. Not to mention I don't believe a word they say most of the time.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and all that.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say Dragonflight was mediocre. I said the community is happy with mediocrity and has been for many years.

Dragonflight can turn out amazing but forgive me for being very skeptical due to blizzards recent track record. Not to mention I don't believe a word they say most of the time.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and all that.
Being skeptical, sure. Stating they don't give a fuck, accussing them of trying to inflate numbers, stating plainly the expansion will be a disaster if it launches this year is not being skeptical though. That's being overly dramatic and conclusive.

Being skeptical would be holding off of judgment while waiting for more information and expressing one's concerns.

I get the sentiment, but I'm completely done with the community absolutely exploding over everything. Look at all these reactions over a launch window. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.