• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I liked leveling through the storyline in shadowlands. For alts I wish I just had flight unlocked.

I've enjoyed the cosmic stuff. But also kinda looking forward to a more grounded azeroth expansion.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think most of the zones are decent-to-great, but they rarely feel like an actual afterlife. I love Ardenweald, it's a fantastic zone that feels fairy unique, lush, magical, but I just don't buy it as an afterlife and that's a bummer. It's gonna end up a little like WoD where the continent could be expanded in an interesting way, bit they completely dropped the ball and will likely never return to the shadowlands to add more planes of existence

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
The Shadowlands zones have grown a bit stale over the course of the expansion, but I really enjoyed their initial burst of worldbuilding when the expansion first launched. Like, it's cool to have some hot fresh lore that feels like it's adding new stuff to the Warcraft mythos. And I love the characters are honestly. Temel, Moonberry, Marileth, Sika, and more are all awesome characters who consistently cracked me up throughout the expansion.

Night Fae and Venthyr in particular actually have awesome cultures, dialogue, and humor imo. Kyrian I actually dislike though, lol. And I still need to do a Necrolord character sometime before Dragonflight drops!

Re-leveling through them now, I think out of any expansion it is probably the worst questing experience (at least for me).

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So what will they call us in Dragonflight?

I'm so sick of hearing Maw Walker now.

Will probably be something like, Dragon Rider, Mortal, Champion.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
So what will they call us in Dragonflight?

I'm so sick of hearing Maw Walker now.

Will probably be something like, Dragon Rider, Mortal, Champion.

They should just merge all of our titles honestly

"Come with me Archdruid Landwalker adventurer champion, sole wielder of the heart of azeroth and mawwalker, and let me show you Tyrhold!"

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017

daubt-think.gif

(lol that name is fine)

Alex will probably be the one to coin it whatever it is. It wont be dragon anything cause that might be weird for them to say.... promised keeper or some such. Something to give us an air of destiny.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
The Maw pre-9.1 is my least favorite zone in several expansions and I main a Druid where getting around it wasn't much issue. I also was never much of a fan of Torghast. Outside of a 1 month break early in BFA I played through that expansion pretty consistently. With Shadowlands I've been taking random breaks from the game a decent amount. The only areas I enjoyed Shadowlands a bit more than BFA was I found the initial questing a bit better (mainly because I hated Zul'dazar) and the current catch-up mechanics are better than anything they've done in awhile. There's also some class/spec specific stuff as well like Starfall being an actual usable spell but not much else.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Redubbed after a long break. Just hit 60. What's the fastest way to catch up right now?

Zojun

Oct 27, 2017
Redubbed after a long break. Just hit 60. What's the fastest way to catch up right now?
Head to the new 9.2 zone, Zereth Mortis, as soon as you can. There should be a breadcrumb quest in Oribos leading you there - check your quest log. You can buy ilvl 226 items in each slot at a vendor there to help you catch up. Progressing the campaign in that zone will also lead you towards being able to equip a second legendary item.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Head to the new 9.2 zone, Zereth Mortis, as soon as you can. There should be a breadcrumb quest in Oribos leading you there - check your quest log. You can buy ilvl 226 items in each slot at a vendor there to help you catch up. Progressing the campaign in that zone will also lead you towards being able to equip a second legendary item.
Thanks! :)

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Also, if you're into M+, doing lower level keys and LFR is a good way to gear fast. I resubbed two weeks ago and hit ilvl 340 just from running keys up to M+ 5 and LFR. I could have probably done it faster, but I stuck around in level 2 and 3 keys for way longer than I should have.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, there's also a vendor by the FP in Oribos. You can grab an item that boosts you straight to 40 renoun. All you'll need to do are the covenant questlines to unlock the soulbinds.
Also, if you're into M+, doing lower level keys and LFR is a good way to gear fast. I resubbed two weeks ago and hit ilvl 340 just from running keys up to M+ 5 and LFR. I could have probably done it faster, but I stuck around in level 2 and 3 keys for way longer than I should have.
Thanks everyone :) Me and my friend decided to come back since there's a lull in new coop games for us

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing quite a bit (first time seriously since wrath) and I'm enjoying a much more casual approach. I have almost 0 interest in raids and mythics or whatever. I mostly want to play through all the campaign stories, chip away at some achievements, run old raids for transmogs etc. I do wish it was more obvious what the critical path was for each expansion, for this purpose of just enjoying the content and story. Also some sort of clue into key unlocks, sort of what ff14 has. When playing through bfa like I am right now, I wish the game pushed me in the direction of how to unlock flying and other things like that. The million quest markers on the screen is a mess to sift through what's important.

Zojun

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing quite a bit (first time seriously since wrath) and I'm enjoying a much more casual approach. I have almost 0 interest in raids and mythics or whatever. I mostly want to play through all the campaign stories, chip away at some achievements, run old raids for transmogs etc. I do wish it was more obvious what the critical path was for each expansion, for this purpose of just enjoying the content and story. Also some sort of clue into key unlocks, sort of what ff14 has. When playing through bfa like I am right now, I wish the game pushed me in the direction of how to unlock flying and other things like that. The million quest markers on the screen is a mess to sift through what's important.
It's kind of what the separating the campaign section of the quest log is trying to do, but your mileage may vary. Wowhead as ever has useful guides for unlocking flying, etc.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Be it flashback, time travel boss fight or something else. You don't do a dragon expansion and not bring back Deathwing in for some reason.

At this point I'm pretty much expecting every noteworthy dragon from WoW's history to make an appearance at some point in Dragonflight.

They find some way to get Onyxia, Nefarion, Vaelastrasz The Guild Destroyer, Sindragosa, Deathwing etc. all in there.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I just want a moment where, through some contrivance of the Dragon Isles, Malygos comes back, learns about the state of things since we killed him, gives us one good:

qI93Ij8.gif

And then goes back to bed.

#MalygosWasRight

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
At this point I'm pretty much expecting every noteworthy dragon from WoW's history to make an appearance at some point in Dragonflight.

They find some way to get Onyxia, Nefarion, Vaelastrasz The Guild Destroyer, Sindragosa, Deathwing etc. all in there.
this is going to be an expansion in very close proximity to the bronze dragonflight, soooooooo

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
9.2 is the first patch in a while where I can level alts and not feel like I'm wasting time, either by not being on my main or by thinking there's too much to catchup

They've done a really great job with alts this patch. Renown is still bleh but its not nearly as bad as the last 2 major patches.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of what the separating the campaign section of the quest log is trying to do, but your mileage may vary. Wowhead as ever has useful guides for unlocking flying, etc.

For sure, I just wish it was a little bit more clear, like a different quest icon on the map or something. My campaign is still showing Shadowlands stuff, so I wish it automatically switched over to whatever expansion you're currently running around in.

I'm currently trying to unlock all the allied races (working on trolls now) and am sorta overwhelmed with what is and isn't considered the 8.1 horde campaign.

www.wowhead.com

Horde War Campaign in Battle for Azeroth

How to complete the Horde War Campaign for world quests, access to the enemy faction's continent, a Mythic-only dungeon, and part of the flying meta achievement.

Right now I'm just doing the main zone stories I guess, since I'm already 50 and didn't get the War Cache quest.. Hopefully it all works out haha. Did Vuldun story and doing Zuldazar now.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Man, Warlocks needs a overhaul, I have no fun playing em anymore, It's been my main since the start, but now I drift more towards my Hunter.

I miss my Metamorphis....I want new demons..not temporary ones, permanent, like, let me go out and train some demons.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Man, Warlocks needs a overhaul, I have no fun playing em anymore, It's been my main since the start, but now I drift more towards my Hunter.

I miss my Metamorphis....I want new demons..not temporary ones, permanent, like, let me go out and train some demons.

yeah I always thought it would be cool if they made warlocks a bit like hunters, and allowed you to bind demons you find in the wild.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Wow, I gave up on farming Aeonaxx years ago and I just so happened to be leveling an alt through Chromie Time in Deepholm and sure enough I load in and there he is just flying around and no one else in the damn zone. Can't believe it. Chromie Time and Warmode must make these things much easier to get. Time to try for the Camel as that is the only other one I am missing.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I gave up on farming Aeonaxx years ago and I just so happened to be leveling an alt through Chromie Time in Deepholm and sure enough I load in and there he is just flying around and no one else in the damn zone. Can't believe it. Chromie Time and Warmode must make these things much easier to get. Time to try for the Camel as that is the only other one I am missing.

Gratz! I wanted that mount years ago and never got it. Maybe I'll keep an eye out as well...

Parking an alt somewhere with Chromie Time / War Mode on definitely is a viable farming strategy for many rares also. I did it for a while to get Chromatic Sword.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
www.wowhead.com

Exploring Azeroth: Northrend Available for Pre-Order

Exploring Azeroth: Northrend has become available for pre-order. This latest installment is set to release in October, and is written by Alex Acks.

Didn't expect them to do more, but this is awesome. I don't own any other Warcraft books, but the Exploring Azeroth series has been pretty great, I have both the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor hardcover ones. I highly recommend them, lovely artwork, and it tells a story from the PoV of a character/companions and their notes on their expedition/travels through the continent and exploring the history, secrets, treasures, peoples, of the lands.

They're pretty cheap (20-23 euro for each hardcover here in Germany) so I recommend them to anyone curious.

World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth - Kalimdor : Copeland, Sean: Amazon.de: Books

World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth - Kalimdor : Copeland, Sean: Amazon.de: Books

The Kalimdor one had lore mistakes (tbh this is Warcraft lol) but it was still pretty good and worth it just for the artwork alone

Last edited:

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I know Season 3 started in February but do you guys have an estimate of when Season 4 might hit? I kind of want to come back and do some M+ in those old dungeons but I'd want a couple weeks to gear up.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I know Season 3 started in February but do you guys have an estimate of when Season 4 might hit? I kind of want to come back and do some M+ in those old dungeons but I'd want a couple weeks to gear up.

I'm guessing August.
Wrath in October
10.0 Prepatch mid-January
Expansion February

That would be a very ideal timeline, though people are speculating a 2022 release for 10.0. If that's the case, then we will definitely see Season 4/9.2.5 sooner, maybe July.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
Arrrgh I'm so ridiculous with this game.

I've ignored Shadowlands after the initial launch month, mostly at peace with that fact with how screaming buttmad the community acts about the game. But Dragons have got the gears turning and now im stuck on resubbing.

I know I'm not going to accomplish much, I have a dozen failed resubs under my belt, and yet...

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
They callee the ideal duration for a season ~8 months at the start of S3, so October/November I'm guessing.

10.0 won't be until well into 2023.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I had played nearly nonstop since the Vanilla beta. I dabbled in raiding. I mostly preferred PvE/RP. Also some fond memories of old-school world PvP in Southshore and Tarren Mill. But my long-standing guild was starting to go their separate ways. I decided to quit soon after Legion released. It was just the right time. I honestly believed I'd never return.

Welp. I just resubbed for the first time in 5 years. Looking forward to 2.5 expansions of content to get caught up on, even if the experience will be quite different without my old guild buddies by my side. Lots of conflicting emotions, but I'm eager for this new experience.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing August.
Wrath in October
10.0 Prepatch mid-January
Expansion February

That would be a very ideal timeline, though people are speculating a 2022 release for 10.0. If that's the case, then we will definitely see Season 4/9.2.5 sooner, maybe July.
I would hope we get a longer pre-patch, maybe the length of season 4 so we can play around with the new talent system for a while.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
www.wowhead.com

Exploring Azeroth: Northrend Available for Pre-Order

Exploring Azeroth: Northrend has become available for pre-order. This latest installment is set to release in October, and is written by Alex Acks.

Didn't expect them to do more, but this is awesome. I don't own any other Warcraft books, but the Exploring Azeroth series has been pretty great, I have both the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor hardcover ones. I highly recommend them, lovely artwork, and it tells a story from the PoV of a character/companions and their notes on their expedition/travels through the continent and exploring the history, secrets, treasures, peoples, of the lands.

They're pretty cheap (20-23 euro for each hardcover here in Germany) so I recommend them to anyone curious.

The Kalimdor one had lore mistakes (tbh this is Warcraft lol) but it was still pretty good and worth it just for the artwork alone

I didn't pick up either of the first two Exploring Azeroth books, but I'm really intrigued by Northrend. I love the mysterious and ancient structures in Northrend, things like the broken stone road that runs through the center of the continent, the massive Titan structures in Storm Peaks, the huge sets of stairs leading into Zul'Drak, Azjol-Nerub, and of course Wyrmrest Temple. They all give me "At the Mountains of Madness" vibes, and I'd love to see them rendered through a fresh lens.

Imagine wandering through the endless wastes of the Dragonblight... and from the dense sheet of snow in front of you emerges a massive and ancient stone staircase leading up into the mountains. How cool is that!? If the book explores even a few of those sorts of stories, I'm sold. :D

Last edited:

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I didn't pick up either of the first two Exploring Azeroth books, but I'm really intrigued by Northrend. I love the mysterious and ancient structures in Northrend, things like the broken stone road that runs through the center of the continent, the massive Titan structures in Storm Peaks, the huge sets of stairs leading into Zul'Drak, Azjol-Nerub, and of course Wyrmrest Temple. They all give me "At the Mountains of Madness" vibes, and I'd love to see them rendered through a fresh lens.

Imagine wandering through the endless wastes of the Dragonblight... and from the dense sheet of snow in front of you emerges a massive and ancient stone staircase leading up into the mountains. How cool is that!? If the book explores even a few of those sorts of stories, I'm sold. :D
yep I'm also excited for it because Northrend is my favourite continent and expansion too. bronzebeards are my favourite characters in the game (my main is still a dwarf, my original character), so that book will be from their PoV which is cool

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
you can say whatever about the story itself but the way Blizzard has improved the their story telling is so good, your characters showing about and emotes in cutscenes, plenty of in game cinematics.

I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.