• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
What is the point of hiding though. I guess its a feat but still lol, its not me trying to check +15s. I just haven' tbeen playing and wanted to see lol

=(

Yeah it's a feat so it isn't trackable through the achievements in progress. There are some commands you can put in to see though, wowhead has some of them for +10s/+15s.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Hey all,

I've been away for many years, so I'm trying to figure out how to play my BM Hunter. My main pet was an exotic, and now I have to be level 39 to unlock it (i'm level 31).

Anyways trying to figure out what the best pet for a Solo/PVE BM hunter? I see usually the best recommended is the clefthoof, but those are exotic lol.

Also where do I find my list of pets? I thought it would be under collections, but that is only mounts/pets

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
friend of mine pointed out that the best (well, "best") keys to do right now are 12s, as they give 207 loot just like a 13 or 14 (207 is a nice base item since it only needs 4 upgrades to max out), and you would need 15s to get 210s, and of course, a 12 is much less of a hassle, especially in a pug. And you get the same valor amount anyway.

I myself got a neck from a 14 pug earlier (I've upgraded it to 216 so far, easily do 220 tomorow) and yeah, I would rather have done a 12 lol.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all,

I've been away for many years, so I'm trying to figure out how to play my BM Hunter. My main pet was an exotic, and now I have to be level 39 to unlock it (i'm level 31).

Anyways trying to figure out what the best pet for a Solo/PVE BM hunter? I see usually the best recommended is the clefthoof, but those are exotic lol.

Also where do I find my list of pets? I thought it would be under collections, but that is only mounts/pets

Disclaimer: my Hunter is my neglected alt, so I don't have all the details. :)

You can view your pet collection by finding a Stable Master NPC. They're definitely available in major cities (you can even ask the guard for the location, I think), and should also be available in most major quest hubs. You can go the magnifying glass by your minimap and turn on Stable Master tracking to find them easier.

Which pet you use matters less than it did back in the early days of WoW. For leveling, I'd recommend just using a pet you enjoy and not worrying too much about picking one that's "best"! If you do want to go pet hunting though, this Petopia page breaks down how pet families work, and which abilities each family has. https://www.wow-petopia.com/abilities.php

Certain pet families can be useful for certain activities. For instance, Ferocity pets with Primal Rage are valued in dungeons, and my Hunter friend used to use a Clefthoof specifically to tank raid bosses from earlier tiers for fun. But for most things (and for leveling), any pet you want will suffice. :)

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
3 different toons i take to the maw and it sucks on all three pretty much. they all feel so squishy. not the best gear or anything but around 180 on all three and none of them seem like they deal all that well (DH, DK, Lock) . oddly enough i feel like the lock does the best lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Flash Concentration buff feels so good my goodness, I can finally play the spec "properly" and Heal is now BY FAR my biggest healing source in mythics (it was already supposed to be to be fair but since im a BAD, often I just flash healed instead in fear the FC buff would drop), that along with the Divine Hymn and Night Fae buffs (RIP 150% CDR) and I'm feeling so good right now.

Also sidenote, but I notice a lot of "Holy Priest: Secret underated spec?" type videos pop up lately, and those along with some weeks ago all the videos along the lines of "Flash Concentration is actually really good" that also popped up, have me sitting here thinking "err I knew both those things for months but ok I guess meta gonna meta" lol

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Love the Wandering Mount..stroking his beard just like I do.

Also hope it does change color based on season like the description says.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So damn salty. Just had a rogue and healer die to the same mechanic on the last boss of a 15 SD like 5 times.

Was looking forward to timing that and never having to run that place again.

They were so damn good up until literally the easiest part of the whole dungeon. I don't understand. I feel like I just got pranked.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Finally finished Revendreth questline and could choose my covenant. Went with Venthyr mostly since I loved that Condemn ability that replaces execute (warrior). Hopefully they can keep it around after this xpac ends. With the new gear I got from questing here I ended up with a gear score of 140! I've read there is a sword stuck in the ground in Maldraxxus that I'll have to see if I can get.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hunter main since TBC here...

I love Hunter, but am I the only one who feels like the class has been overly neutered?

I remember a time when Hunters had a lot of utility. But now we're just our DPS, which wouldn't be bad if we were topping the charts, but we're not.

We have no real utility in our rotation. Our pets used to, but they've been nerfed so much over the years that they're basically cosmetic at this point.

Am I wrong?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

I love Hunter, but am I the only one who feels like the class has been overly neutered?

I remember a time when Hunters had a lot of utility. But now we're just our DPS, which wouldn't be bad if we were topping the charts, but we're not.

We have no real utility in our rotation. Our pets used to, but they've been nerfed so much over the years that they're basically cosmetic at this point.

Am I wrong?

Maybe its just grass is greener but Hunters seem great?

Turtle, fairly to extremely mobile, MM is still very strong.

Sure having most of your DPS tied to wild spirits isn't amazing and something other than binding shot could be good for M+ but idk we had like 6-7 hunters in our raid and it made 4 or 5 bosses in our heroic progression extremely easy just because they could all swap turtles for mechanics and we wouldnt need to worry about most of the fight.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I guess those daily world quest things are really worth doing. Got 1300 gold worth of grey items in the bag they gave me. And 2x Dominance Keep Barrier though I would have preferred the 2h that looks like can also be in the bag...

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

Sure having most of your DPS tied to wild spirits isn't amazing and something other than binding shot could be good for M+ but idk we had like 6-7 hunters in our raid and it made 4 or 5 bosses in our heroic progression extremely easy just because they could all swap turtles for mechanics and we wouldnt need to worry about most of the fight.

As a tank, I actually think Binding Shot is one of the best M+ CC spells in the game. An 8 second unbreakable root that can be up for every pull is absolutely massive.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I guess those daily world quest things are really worth doing. Got 1300 gold worth of grey items in the bag they gave me. And 2x Dominance Keep Barrier though I would have preferred the 2h that looks like can also be in the bag...

Yeah, they're worth it, especially if you have an alt or two and you don't mind doing them a few times. I can keep paying my sub with gold thank to these callings. There is also potentially good upgrades in there for casuals. I got a 203 weapon for my DH and ret paladin a few days ago, although you might need to have a higher average item level to get that.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
As a tank, I actually think Binding Shot is one of the best M+ CC spells in the game. An 8 second unbreakable root that can be up for every pull is absolutely massive.
don't rooted mobs turn around and hit closest character anymore? wouldn't binding shot kill melee in M+ in that case?

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA

Am I wrong?
Nah, hunters are great.

Bloodlust, trap, Binding Shot, tar trap, flare, turtle, tranq shot, a medium CD interrupt. They bring a ton of utility.

Not to mention the mobility of hunters - especially BM - makes them very valuable.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Can you get anima ftom Nathria bosses on LFR and Normal or does it drop just once?
anima is once a week per boss, regardless of difficulty

values are the same though, so if you're not downing denathrius you can jump into the LFR wing that's just him and get the items with little effort

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

Nah, hunters are great.

Bloodlust, trap, Binding Shot, tar trap, flare, turtle, tranq shot, a medium CD interrupt. They bring a ton of utility.

Not to mention the mobility of hunters - especially BM - makes them very valuable.

Hmmm...

I know y'all are right. I don't know what is for me. I've been maining a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game, but something about my rotation just feels off this expansion so far.

Doesn't help that my favorite spec is survival, and survival just feels bad right now.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Uncontrollable Darkness with one player leading around the rest sounds amazing, lol.

eG6MCQj.png

"Walk forward. Walk forward. Sidestep to the right"

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Uncontrollable Darkness with one player leading around the rest sounds amazing, lol.

The Chrous event was also pretty funny with multiple people tbh. I got to do all the movement and "tanking" on my squishy Hunter alt while my Warlock friend who was grafted to my shoulder just blasted stuff.

Yesterday, i took the Darkness power that activate/deactivate every 5 kills but my girlfriend didn't. So when we reached a floor in Upper Reaches with gaps and me being blind, I just right click followed her to avoid falling to my death constantly lol.

She did have a laugh when I was trying to find my mage table while being blind, and she almost got a heart attack when I blindly rushed forward on that T shaped floor that only have traps and mawrats. Thank god for the speed boost while in Darkness and my buffed mage barrier.

Useful tip : The various vases on the floor count as kills, so you can just target with tab and destroy them with ranged attacks to have your eyes back(or going blind for an elite)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I had my invis pot break for no apparant reason twice in mists last night (in the last pack before the last boss), I couldnt figure out what was happening, I even checked the warcraft log the second time it happened and I have absolutely no action done between the time I turn invisible and it breaks.

Apparently there are a few threads popping up of the same issue so it might be a 9.0.5 bug, anyone had it happen?

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Enjoying the new Valor system so far, ran a few low level Mythics (up to +5) on an alt and thanks to all the high level players dropping down to run them I've been getting showered with loot, got my BiS cuffs and trinket today and knowing I can level them up is great.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Finally got around to making myself finish the Kyrian Covenant story today despite having the final quest for weeks.

3/4 Covenants completed. I think all of them that I've done have ended on weak notes storywise - probably because there's more story coming, obviously, but I found the build up to their finales better than the actual endings.

And Uther is Grommash 2.0. Yuck.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I completely misunderstood the valor cap, I didn't realize it wouldn't reset every week so I guess one needs to be more careful / selective with what one upgrades. I did a 207 -> 220 necklace so far which I don't mind since I had a 210 before anyway, but now that I know how it works I'll definitely be more selective with what I upgrade.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Disclaimer: my Hunter is my neglected alt, so I don't have all the details. :)

You can view your pet collection by finding a Stable Master NPC. They're definitely available in major cities (you can even ask the guard for the location, I think), and should also be available in most major quest hubs. You can go the magnifying glass by your minimap and turn on Stable Master tracking to find them easier.

Which pet you use matters less than it did back in the early days of WoW. For leveling, I'd recommend just using a pet you enjoy and not worrying too much about picking one that's "best"! If you do want to go pet hunting though, this Petopia page breaks down how pet families work, and which abilities each family has. https://www.wow-petopia.com/abilities.php

Certain pet families can be useful for certain activities. For instance, Ferocity pets with Primal Rage are valued in dungeons, and my Hunter friend used to use a Clefthoof specifically to tank raid bosses from earlier tiers for fun. But for most things (and for leveling), any pet you want will suffice. :)

Thanks you!

Also I ended up in a chain of events in the Ocean Floor. How do I get back to the main land? (I took a boat to help with a mission from stormwind..next thing I know I'm in a sunken ship with a whole story line. But I need to get to the vault/bank or whatever the storage place is called because my bags are full.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks you!

Also I ended up in a chain of events in the Ocean Floor. How do I get back to the main land? (I took a boat to help with a mission from stormwind..next thing I know I'm in a sunken ship with a whole story line. But I need to get to the vault/bank or whatever the storage place is called because my bags are full.

That's Vashj'ir! It's a really unique (and really long) questing zone from Cataclysm. Hearthstone is your best bet for getting out quickly.

Alternatively, I think there should be some flight masters on your map that you can swim to to fly out of there. Hearthstone is your best bet. If you ever want to get back to Vashj'ir, you should be able to find a portal in your capital city (Orgrimmar or Stormwind).

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wandering Ancient mount is giving me motion sickness. Something with animation and mount size is a perfect recipe for that.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have a lot of vacation time I need to burn and I kinda want to take a week off relatively soon. But I also want to take the week of 9.1 off... granted, that's probably 3+ months out and I need a break. I should have plenty of time whenever it does but ugh.

I could use the week off to level a bunch of alts. Hmm.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
it's pretty funny being declined for 14s as a priest by people with much lower raider.io score than me or that don't even have 15s done. Meta mentality gonna meta mentality, I can't imagine what a non-meta dps pug life is like.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
it's pretty funny being declined for 14s as a priest by people with much lower raider.io score than me or that don't even have 15s done. Meta mentality gonna meta mentality, I can't imagine what a non-meta dps pug life is like.
People aren't comparing you to their own score, it's the score of all the other healers applying.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

Even when monks were the meta melee dps it still took me 30-45 minutes to get a single invite, often times I'd just give up and wait for a couple friends to hop on instead.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
ran only my second and third dungeons of the xpac last night on normal lol. and that was only to get the last few shards to get the mount in bastion

and got the Wild Glimmerfur Prowler off Valfir on only my second attempt. my luckiest mount drop so far

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nothing feel more "welp, i just wasted 2 hours of my life" than losing to the Floor 18 boss of Twisting Corridor(layer 7) due to no more deaths available.
Boss had like 14475k fucking hp and was one shotting my gf(due to bad luck in HP anima powers mostly I think) despite her having a good distance from him when he did his aoe attack.

Hate how when you're on the latest floors, it feels like every new anima powers you get is just bad or for spells you barely use and the vendors only has shitty options.

Status
Not open for further replies.