• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they take a anima question tomorrow.

All i need is more anima Ion.

This is pretty neat:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Debra Wilson (Draca) is giving a SERMON in this voice actors panel. LOL

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on all the stuff announced as I was out during the opening ceremony. That in-game cinematic. Man Kyrestia got the Rastakhan treatment without being in a raid.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
That was extremely barebones. I dont know how they are going to keep people playing for that long until 9.1 comes out becsuse its obviously so far away.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Going back into Drustvar for a Night Fae quest reminded me how damn good this zone is. In my opinion, none of the zones in SL come close to it.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, for a presentation 3 months after release of the expansion that seemed very vague. Looks like wfh is really screwing their work schedule hard. I guess even after the delay they only finished the expansion features very close to release and didn't start on 9.1 content until very late.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Night Queen last one standing

NIGHT FAE RIDE OR DIE

100%. They teased it with that little remorse look at anduin

I think she'll realize she's just Arthas 2 now (in making an actual Arthas 3) and will probably sacrifice herself to stop the Jailer

Speaking of, where IS Arthas? We know he's in the Maw...somewhere...because Sylvanas saw him down there after she killed herself that one time

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they take a anima question tomorrow.

All i need is more anima Ion.

This is the only non-answer i found about Anima so far. I read it to say that it's possible they aren't bumping up anima drops, but adding more ways to get it. Which isn't great.
What's the purpose of Anima in Patch 9.1 and can we expect increased Anima drops?
Jeremy Feasel said:
Similarly with Shadowlands, Anima will continue to be a currency for important elements within the game. Every time we add a bunch of new content and a bunch of new currencies, we generally take a look at the existing currency and its influx and outflux to make sure that everything is still along the same lines of where we want it to be. But also often times there are catch-up mechanisms that we want to incorporate in there, [and] there's new content we want to be able to have as a new faucet that you can have that adds additional Anima to the pool. So we're going to be looking at ways to increase the influx there with the new content that we're adding to the pool but also looking at all our currencies as a whole like every time when we do a big content update and looking at their relative inflows and outflows and making adjustments.
www.wowhead.com

Wowhead's Chains of Domination Interview - No New Soulbinds, New Ve'nari Rewards, Megadungeon Hard Mode

The Wowhead team sat down with Principal Game Designer Jeremy Feasel and Technical Director Frank Kowalkowski to discuss the upcoming features of Patch 9.1 Chains of Domination! We discuss new activities and rewards in the Maw, a new Maw currency for Ve'nari, tier sets, updated Soulbinds...

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Night Queen last one standing

NIGHT FAE RIDE OR DIE

I think she'll realize she's just Arthas 2 now (in making an actual Arthas 3) and will probably sacrifice herself to stop the Jailer

Speaking of, where IS Arthas? We know he's in the Maw...somewhere...because Sylvanas saw him down there after she killed herself that one time

When did that happen? And I thought we knew Arthas was in the Maw because we literally saw Uther dropped him there in the animated cinematic that released prior to Shadowlands release. :P

They're probably keeping him and Garrosh(it was him that we saw in the Revendreth animated cinematic right?) for patch 9.2.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
When did that happen? And I thought we knew Arthas was in the Maw because we literally saw Uther dropped him there in the animated cinematic that released prior to Shadowlands release. :P

They're probably keeping him and Garrosh(it was him that we saw in the Revendreth animated cinematic right?) for patch 9.2.

there's a boss in the new raid called "Damned Souls of Torghast" or something like that, I bet you will get some familiar faces in that fight.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Happened sometime around Cataclysm when she went to Icecrown, saw Bolvar sitting on the throne, went "fuck this" and jumped off. And yeah we also know Uther dumped Arthas in there. Sylvanas would've encountered him sometime after this. He was a nervous wreck when she saw him

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Arthas and Uther reuniting and perhaps playing a role in saving Anduin. Arthas is not supposed to be in the maw in the first place. The Jailer tricked them into dropping him in there.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Happened sometime around Cataclysm when she went to Icecrown, saw Bolvar sitting on the throne, went "fuck this" and jumped off. And yeah we also know Uther dumped Arthas in there. Sylvanas would've encountered him sometime after this. He was a nervous wreck when she saw him

Did this happen in a book? I don't remember any of this happening ingame.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, happened in a short story to explain where Sylvanas' Val'kyr came from

Oh I see, I always wondered where they came from.

Seperating the story between ingame and books always looked like a bad idea in my mind. So many people who don't read the books miss important details like this. The same thing happened with Arthas's sister I think who just came out of nowhere ingame.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta wonder though: if we're gonna take down Sylvanas, then what's gonna become of Tyrande? We never finished the quest to save her in the Night Fae campaign

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gotta wonder though: if we're gonna take down Sylvanas, then what's gonna become of Tyrande? We never finished the quest to save her in the Night Fae campaign

99% chance she will show up in the raid during Sylvanas fight if you ask me. ;) Gotta wonder what kind of trick Blizzard will use so that Tyrande don't kill her. I'm pretty sure Sylvanas will get out of this fight alive.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with sylvanas is I don't care. I'm so tired of multiple expansions being devoted to her 'subterfuge', I'm sick of the purple and green, and I'm sick of so much of the cutscenes and resources revolving around her because EVERYTHING leading up to her betrayal except the saurfang cutscenes has been so poorly executed

I wanted to see arthas for the first time. They built him up so well with wc3 and wotlk. And you just knew he was lurking while you were playing classic and bc. To a lesser extent, same with illidan

Gul dan was interesting because he was a semi familiar name but there was so much more they could flesh out about him

Garrosh was interesting because he's a brand new character that we grew with. And he felt very different from thralls horde but had the familiarity of a classic orc. And while I disagree with it, it was interesting to have a fallen faction leader

I just don't fucking care what happens to sylvanas . I don't care if she's redeemed. I don't care if we kill her. I just don't want to hear her weird voice anymore .

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Leaked footage of Sylvanas in 9.1.

810.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
www.wowhead.com

Wowhead's Chains of Domination Interview - No New Soulbinds, New Ve'nari Rewards, Megadungeon Hard Mode

The Wowhead team sat down with Principal Game Designer Jeremy Feasel and Technical Director Frank Kowalkowski to discuss the upcoming features of Patch 9.1 Chains of Domination! We discuss new activities and rewards in the Maw, a new Maw currency for Ve'nari, tier sets, updated Soulbinds...

lol at this:

"We're going to be extending the Soulbind trees and adding new Conduits, so rather than throwing new Soulbinds in, we're going to give you the opportunity to take the Soulbinds that you've already bonded with and grown to love, and give them a few more rows."

Mate, 99.6% of the player base doesnt give two fucks about who they are soulbinding with, they are glorified skill trees and nothing else. Nobody soulbinds with Pelegos because they like the character, it's because it's the best for that class.

Last edited:

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Q&A confirmed that flying will be once you complete the added chapters of the cov campaign in the patch and that once you complete that and unlock flying alts get it unlocked as well.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
No anima increase for now according to ion

noooo

He confirmed what Feasel said that I posted earlier. New activities will drop anima. My guess is that drop amount will be higher than what we are currently seeing forcing people to do the new content. I'm fine with it as long as our net anima gain increases.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
www.wowhead.com

lol at this:

"We're going to be extending the Soulbind trees and adding new Conduits, so rather than throwing new Soulbinds in, we're going to give you the opportunity to take the Soulbinds that you've already bonded with and grown to love, and give them a few more rows."

Mate, 99.6% of the player base doesnt give two fucks about who they are soulbinding with, they are glorified skill trees and nothing else. Nobody soulbinds with Pelegos because they like the character, it's because it's the best for that class.
I do think that's a missed opportunity, they could have done a lot more to have the soulbind characters be more important to the story so you actually talk to them more.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Is there any discord focused on running m+?
and is there any addon that can show me on the map the unfinished side quests i have in shadowlands?

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
and is there any addon that can show me on the map the unfinished side quests i have in shadowlands?

Not on the map, but if you go to your achievements and look under Quests -> Shadowlands then you can see Achievements for optional quest lines (called "Sojourner of <Zone>").

I'm not 100% certain if they cover all quests, but I imagine they cover everything with a story.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any discord focused on running m+?

There's Mythic Plus Friends that seems to be relatively big but I haven't personally had any runs from there, just lurking.

I'm sure there are a few more public ones floating around as well - try asking in your class discord.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there a list of companions you can find in Torghast and if you need a specific layer or wing to get them? I thought I had found them all on my main, but yesterday I got a new one in Soulforges Layer 8, so I don't know anymore lol.

Last edited:

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of companions you can find in Torghast and if you need a specifid layer or wing to get them? I thought I had found them all on my main, but yesterday I got a new one in Soulforges Layer 8, so I don't know anymore lol.

There's new ones that get unlocked at random weeks - I just got Ispiron for Kyrian for example. Wowhead was posting about them at the start of the expansion but idk if there's a full list.

edit: This guide lists the Torghast allies for each covenant, but not the requirements/when they get unlocked. It looks like we have everyone though!

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
had a great wow day, me and my posse did a bunch of 13s, most in time, a couple failed the timer but were still "fine", we just fucked up some pulls or whatever, the point being we felt super confortable in them when just last week we were struggling to do them (I made a post some days ago saying 12s seemed to be my plateau since we were struggling with 13s). Hell we even got a +2 out of a Necrotic Wake 13, so now we have a 15 to fuck around with in the next couple of days. I've also finally broke the 1k raider.io barrier for what it's worth lol.

My vault choices for the reset will be 14 (226), 13 (223), 13 (223) which feels great. Guild wise we also killed 2 new bosses, Heroic Inerva and Council, and we were very close on Sludge. We are super casual and only raid 1 day a week so this small progress feels great, might actually get ahead of the curve for the first time heh. Also it was my first raid healing (I mostly heal in M+ but unfortunately in raids I "have" to dps) and it was unsurprisingly, the best time I've had in the raid so far, and the fact that we killed new bosses with me healing felt nice.

So yeah, a good day , just wanted to share :)

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
had a great wow day, me and my posse did a bunch of 13s, most in time, a couple failed the timer but were still "fine", we just fucked up some pulls or whatever, the point being we felt super confortable in them when just last week we were struggling to do them (I made a post some days ago saying 12s seemed to be my plateau since we were struggling with 13s). Hell we even got a +2 out of a Necrotic Wake 13, so now we have a 15 to fuck around with in the next couple of days. I've also finally broke the 1k raider.io barrier for what it's worth lol.

My vault choices for the reset will be 14 (226), 13 (223), 13 (223) which feels great. Guild wise we also killed 2 new bosses, Heroic Inerva and Council, and we were very close on Sludge. We are super casual and only raid 1 day a week so this small progress feels great, might actually get ahead of the curve for the first time heh. Also it was my first raid healing (I mostly heal in M+ but unfortunately in raids I "have" to dps) and it was unsurprisingly, the best time I've had in the raid so far, and the fact that we killed new bosses with me healing felt nice.

That's awesome. :D

My WoW week has been swapping to Kyrian Paladin and rebuilding Renown. It's definitely weaker for raids, but Divine Toll is a lot of fun for dungeons and open world stuff. I only got one night of PvP in this week, but it was definitely a huge upgrade there. Farming Renown has been pretty easy; the worst part of switching is how much grief Lady Moonberry gave me lol.

My M+ group got ToP and NW 15 in time, so we're just down to 3 left now. :D One of them is Sanguine Depths, and we had a key for it...but I did not want to tank that this week. I think the Sanguine Affix is my least favorite of all affixes. It means I constantly have to fight against my own tanking instincts for where to position things or group mobs, and doing it in SD sounded like a nightmare.

Raid life is kind of hard right now. We essentially skipped our first raid of the week because of people having to deal with the winter storm. We came back together tonight and tried to rush through things, and it was messy because we were all out of practice lol. It's funny how much missing one raid day can throw you off, or maybe it's just been a weird week. We're starting to see progress on Mythic Hungering Devourer after being stuck on him for a few weeks (had our best pull of 28% tonight), but it's...rough. And as a tank, I can't really do anything to help us succeed. It's all up to the DPS and healers figuring out their health soaking circles and just executing things without mistakes.

Last edited:

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

Grats! Breaking 1k is a good feeling, the next 100-200 comes fast because 14s and 15s is where it starts to give you more than just ~10 per level. I managed to get 4/8 KSM done this week, but still have troubles pugging and getting invited. I've added a lot of people so I've been able to get into a couple premades/guild groups which is nice but outside of that it's been almost totally dry. I'm hoping I can bang it out in the next two weeks once it rolls over back to the first set of affixes.

Raid-wise I'm kind of stuck because our RL just announced he was going to be MIA for a week. So our H Sire progress will be completely stunted unless someone else steps up which I doubt.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man I don't like to complain about loot RNG but this patch has just been terrible for me so far. Been doing 4 +14-15s a week for a month now and have never seen a weapon, and have never gotten one from raid -- not even a 207 from fucking normal. When you play warrior being stuck with a 194 WQ wep just absolutely nukes your DPS. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't even raid for the first two weeks, just grind RBGs to 1800 (which im doing now as a last resort) and collect my 220 wep / gear. At this point it doesn't really matter since we'll kill heroic denathrius this week and I'll be done after that probably, but going into 9.1 I'm definitely just PVPing for gear.

I could see Arthas and Uther reuniting and perhaps playing a role in saving Anduin. Arthas is not supposed to be in the maw in the first place. The Jailer tricked them into dropping him in there.
Do we know why the Jailer wanted him in the maw?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't like to complain about loot RNG but this patch has just been terrible for me so far. Been doing 4 +14-15s a week for a month now and have never seen a weapon, and have never gotten one from raid -- not even a 207 from fucking normal. When you play warrior being stuck with a 194 WQ wep just absolutely nukes your DPS. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't even raid for the first two weeks, just grind RBGs to 1800 (which im doing now as a last resort) and collect my 220 wep / gear. At this point it doesn't really matter since we'll kill heroic denathrius this week and I'll be done after that probably, but going into 9.1 I'm definitely just PVPing for gear.

Yeah I haven't gotten a weapon from the vault/raid either. Only reason I have a 207 weapon is from PVP. Running 197 OH with a 207 in the wings for ST. I'm hoping the loot change they made to make weapon tokens drop more will at least get me a 213/220 weapon from Heroic in the next few weeks.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my hunter got a 220 weapon in the vault from the ONLY mythic+ I've done on her. Meanwhile my main priest still has a random 207 M+ staff (that I didnt even get, a mage buddy in that run got it and didnt need it), never seen one in the vault on her. It is what it is.

They DID buff weapon drops in Nathria at least.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
The last Blizzcon has really deflated my overall interest in the game and where it's going. Like, it's marginally better right now than it was at the start of BFA where I quit the whole expansion within the first month, but currently I don't see myself sticking around much longer for SL. The 9.1 content presented was pretty much the bare minimum of what you expect from a content patch but you have to put that into the context of just how long we've waited for any news this time.

The novelty of running mythics has started wearing off for me and I can't really get myself too invested in the main plot and it's off-putting how disjointed the narrative feels when it's delivered via the different covenants (people have compared this to the class orders in Legion but it doesn't really feel comparable to me). I don't have much energy for playing on alts now and can't really be arsed to go through another covenant campaign just to see what their deal is and how they feed into the overarching plot.

But the dealbreaker was when they suddenly walked back completely on their commitment for further character customizations throughout the expansion. That shit really stung as a nightborne player and especially with how they framed their answer with being satisfied with their current state. The whole thing just feeds into the larger perception with how there's something seriously wrong at Blizzard when they as market leaders consistently cannot deliver on such rudimentary crowd-pleasing things that their competitors have next to no problems with, nor do they even seem to care considering how they communicate and signal things to their audience.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I assume Arthas could have potentially ended up in the maw anyways if the system had been working properly but I think the whole idea behind tricking them into throwing Arthas into the Maw was to avoid the possibility of the Covenants detecting that he had in fact been corrupted by the Jailer and had used Jailer weapons in the Mortal realm. Basically what Devos tried to warn and and was rebuked for.

Arthas was his first big move against everyone and it could have revealed everything if he hadnt gotten Arthas soul handed right back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.