• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, it definitely seems like an oversight. I bought and DE'd about 15 pieces today to get my enchanting up to 110 (going to use the +5 from Darkmoon to get it to max this weekend).

I was just about to dump inscription for enchanting on my priest (who is now my main and I always like to have enchanting on my main, also wtf at you not needing new missives to upgrade legendaries, that kills the missive market) so i'll deffo get on this.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Level 33 as holy priest and still having a horrrrrrible time healing. I don't know if it's specifically related to the BFA dungeons (The Underrot.. God those blood lasers absolutely chunk my entire party) or what.. But my experience so far is just miserable compared to a game like FF 14. Healing never felt this horrible in that game. Is healing just in general harder in wow?

I just don't seem to put out enough heals to keep my party alive blowing every possible cooldown and using/spamming every possible heal sometimes even on trash. Some tanks seem to just take absolute boatloads of damage, while some barely take any. Every run is just so hugely variable, and I have had to drop groups so many times at this point it's ridiculous. A leveling dungeon shouldn't be this messed to get through.. I just dunno what I'm doing wrong.
Honestly, the BfA dungeons just weren't meant for low levels where you lack decent gear and don't have important skills yet. Don't worry about it.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I think my Blademaster is looking okay.

2UvlkfS.png

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
BfA dungeons are quite hard and a bit overtuned since the scaling, especially if dps are not interrupting/dodging extra damages. Would you go to another expansion, you'd have an easier time. It will also be easier once you reach Shadowlands. As someone who's healed in both WoW and FF14, I don't find healing harder in WoW as long as you are with good players. There's more room for errors in WoW's dungeons though, so with pugs it can become quite messy. I wouldn't let that discourage you. Find a guild and it'll become a lot more fun. Also try learning how the different tanks work as it's very different from FF where all tanks are homogenized now.

Thank you for this :), I did end up switching out of BFA for leveling as it was a terrible experience. I've been doing WoD healing and it's been night and day. I also switched to discipline which has been fun too.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is this intended or bugged that you can't see your weapon(staff in my case) when you wear the covenant back transmogs?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is this intended or bugged that you can't see your weapon(staff in my case) when you wear the covenant back transmogs?

I don't know if "intended" is the right word, but I doubt it's a bug. I think it's just a result of how the game handles the back attachment models and that they effectively replace any other item model that would be on your back.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
And yet another fucktard tank leaving at the last boss of a M+ because someone made a mistake. Hurray for more wasted time.

I won't bother anymore I guess.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Damn..Voljin be talking about Bwonsamdi in wotlk.

not knowing 10 years later we would meet him and stuff.

Neat foreshadowing.

oLA8LV2.jpg

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
2 good quality of life items to grab today and tomorrow.

1. Dreamer's Mending trinket that drops off Xavius in the Ardenweald ampitheater daily. He rotates, but he's up today in NA. Thing has saved my life on a few different toons. It's not raid quality, but good for squishy alts that overpull in the open world. The last one i got was 174, so it's not too terrible ilvl. It is surprisingly good if you tend to die alot and hate running back and only has a 2min CD.

2. Darkmoon Cannon. Want to fly? This thing launches your high and far, just deploy a glider and it can take you a good chunk across a zone. It's earned as an achievement from the DMF which is back tomorrow. Unfortunately it's not a toy, so each toon has to win it. The good news is the race can be cheesed if you watch a video on how to cheese it. Only works outside, not in the Maw unfortunately.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
built a new pc this weekend so i had to reinstall WoW and looks like i was able to save and transfer my addons and their setting now problem which is a good feeling.

ffmafia

Oct 28, 2017
is there something similar to atlasloot that works with the new expansion? they haven't added shadowlands

DigitalTravis

Oct 28, 2017
So I have been out of WoW for awhile. I haven't done anything since Legion when I played a Demon Hunter to max and just did Battlegrounds and old content farming for transmog.

I have always gravitated towards battlegrounds and never really got into PVE outside of just pug dungeons. Last raids I cared for were Cataclysm era stuff and even then it was just to try stuff out. Never did weekly guild runs.

With the level squish and all, I am sort of interested in just trying random BGs again with some casual stuff on the side. Is the Shadowlands set up for casual gameplay + BGs or am I investing in frustration? I have a free character boost still on my account for level 48 so I can get into the new xpac pretty quickly I imagine. I also have a bunch of now-40's on a few dead servers I used to play on. I figured I would pick the best economy/most populated server, start over from scratch, and just go for the BG route. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Oct 25, 2017
So I have been out of WoW for awhile. I haven't done anything since Legion when I played a Demon Hunter to max and just did Battlegrounds and old content farming for transmog.

I have always gravitated towards battlegrounds and never really got into PVE outside of just pug dungeons. Last raids I cared for were Cataclysm era stuff and even then it was just to try stuff out. Never did weekly guild runs.

With the level squish and all, I am sort of interested in just trying random BGs again with some casual stuff on the side. Is the Shadowlands set up for casual gameplay + BGs or am I investing in frustration? I have a free character boost still on my account for level 48 so I can get into the new xpac pretty quickly I imagine. I also have a bunch of now-40's on a few dead servers I used to play on. I figured I would pick the best economy/most populated server, start over from scratch, and just go for the BG route. Any thoughts/recommendations?

PVP gear is easily gained through casual pvp. And it seems to be pretty good for most specs, although I am not certain. You get a trinket pair which makes versatility extra strong, and all the gear has vers. And you can get up to 184 (mythic 0 ilvl gear) right now with renown up to I think 7 or something. And soon we can get more ilvl once we get to I think renown 21 but I am not sure on the ilvl there. That is for unrated pvp gear. Rated pvp gear is different but is not casual.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone else has been waiting for lore drops this expansion more than any other, but the shadowlands premise has been so intriguing I can't help myself. If anyone else has seen it? What do y'all think? It's left me somewhat confused and conflicted. Idk where this expansion is ultimately heading but I think this cinematic more than the other ones is a key moment.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if anyone else has been waiting for lore drops this expansion more than any other, but the shadowlands premise has been so intriguing I can't help myself. If anyone else has seen it? What do y'all think? It's left me somewhat confused and conflicted. Idk where this expansion is ultimately heading but I think this cinematic more than the other ones is a key moment.

did you forget to link something?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Believe he is talking about this one. I wonder if Sylvanas realizes the Jailer is behind her being forsaken in the first place.

Set after the First Raid. So spoilers

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be clear, that's datamined, so it hasnt happened in the story yet as far as the game goes.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It really does feel like they're gonna try giving Sylvanas a redemption arc and I think the only way that could work without it falling flat on its face is the undoing of the burning of Teldrassil. And given they're trying to break the mechanisms of death, that feels like an actual option to take.

Would undoing a massive story development feel cheap and unearned? Sure. But having an entire player faction complicit with genocide isn't great either.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
In regard to that datamined cinematic...

I hate how the Blizz keeps telegraphing a Sylvanas redemption arc while making her personal actions increasingly depraved. Now that we know exactly what choice is being offered with "Submit, or be made to serve..." Yo, soooo fucked up. lol

Also, still a pissed off Night Elf main here...

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
The only thing that's been bugging me so far is the lack of non-War3/WoW heroes in the Shadowlands. Where's Lothar? Where's Grom prime? Where's Guldan prime? Is Deathwing a dragon again? If so is he resting in Ardenweld? What about Vol'jin?

I get so much of Warcraft lore revolving around Arthas, but I'd like to see some first and second war stuff too.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

Blizzard is surprisingly restrained in bringing back old characters given they can do it for literally any character who has ever died.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The only thing that's been bugging me so far is the lack of non-War3/WoW heroes in the Shadowlands. Where's Lothar? Where's Grom prime? Where's Guldan prime? Is Deathwing a dragon again? If so is he resting in Ardenweld? What about Vol'jin?

I get so much of Warcraft lore revolving around Arthas, but I'd like to see some first and second war stuff too.

I don't mind 9.1 being primarily setup of the Shadowlands and an introduction to a bunch of brand new lore. But yeah, I hope we get more WoW figures in the upcoming patches.

However, you mentioned something else I've noticed. Unless I've missed it, we've not run into a single (Azerothian) dragon in the Shadowlands other than Ysera (who we know was basically air-lifted there). Even outside of the 3 Aspects, we've killed a TON of dragons at this point, and they are curiously absent.

Maybe there's a reason we haven't been able to find the Dragon Isles on Azeroth...

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
In regard to that datamined cinematic...

I hate how the Blizz keeps telegraphing a Sylvanas redemption arc while making her personal actions increasingly depraved. Now that we know exactly what choice is being offered with "Submit, or be made to serve..." Yo, soooo fucked up. lol

Also, still a pissed off Night Elf main here...
I get what you're saying for sure. I just think it's more interesting than mustache twirling is all.

Not going to lie, I have been wondering where Varian is. I imagine he'll have to show up at some point in the near future.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what this expansion's patch cycle is going to look like, especially considering we don't know anything about other plains in the Showlands.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I don't mind 9.1 being primarily setup of the Shadowlands and an introduction to a bunch of brand new lore. But yeah, I hope we get more WoW figures in the upcoming patches.

However, you mentioned something else I've noticed. Unless I've missed it, we've not run into a single (Azerothian) dragon in the Shadowlands other than Ysera (who we know was basically air-lifted there). Even outside of the 3 Aspects, we've killed a TON of dragons at this point, and they are curiously absent.

Maybe there's a reason we haven't been able to find the Dragon Isles on Azeroth...
Dragon Isles being in shadowlands was my theory for a long time now, but that kind of got contradicted when I saw Ysera in Ardenweald. Maybes it's because Ysera herself is blessed by Elune AND Eonar that she leans a little more towards "life" rather than just flat out "dragon" therefore ended up in Ardenweald. If there is a full blown Dragon Isles in Shadowlands it would tie up everything with wrathion that's been building up since MOP!! We better get dragon isles or I'll riot.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I get what you're saying for sure. I just think it's more interesting than mustache twirling is all.

Not going to lie, I have been wondering where Varian is. I imagine he'll have to show up at some point in the near future.
Varian is gone. He was destroyed by Fel therefore his soul was destroyed. He cannot go to the Shadowlands.

It is actually nice seeing less Azeroth people. It gives more room for those that come from other worlds like the Qadrian and Thiernax.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
so like, we knew that a sylvanas redemption arc was coming in some form but this is probably the worst approach

after spending the buildup to 9.0 saying that "she's doing this shit willingly" to walk that back with a "well ACTUALLY" is just the worst kind of pandering

she committed genocide on a whim. she's irredeemable. the only way you could have reasonably made her actions justified is to claim that she was all in with the jailer from the start and she really thought she was going to be bringing order to an unjust world, but to show that she suddenly cares because goodboy mclight is able to tear apart her character on command?

i wasn't expecting anything good out of her arc but this is just hot, steamy garbage

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Dragon Isles being in shadowlands was my theory for a long time now, but that kind of got contradicted when I saw Ysera in Ardenweald. Maybes it's because Ysera herself is blessed by Elune AND Eonar that she leans a little more towards "life" rather than just flat out "dragon" therefore ended up in Ardenweald. If there is a full blown Dragon Isles in Shadowlands it would tie up everything with wrathion that's been building up since MOP!! We better get dragon isles or I'll riot.
Ysera was directly placed in Ardenweald. She was taken there supposedly by Elune during her death in Legion. She bypassed the Arbiter completely similar to Arthas being dropped into the Maw.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what this expansion's patch cycle is going to look like, especially considering we don't know anything about other plains in the Showlands.
I can see 2 things: more realms in the Shadowlands as there are more gates in Oribos, or 2) they add more space in the five zones. Ardenweald for example has a lot of space still left unseen if you go to the edge of the map, and the Mushroom guy confirms what you see is a small fraction. The same is the same for the other ones. We know Arthas is in the Maw but no one has seen him even though every inch has been explored. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the patches was an extension of these zones. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an invasion patch as well since both the void and light want the Shadowlands.

But no one really knows. It could end with the Jailer trying to make Azeroth the new Arbiter in the sense that Argus could revive demons but she does it for the living and needs the light cause undeath works only on the dead so Anduin would be a nifty conduit or something. I don't know. Everyone seems to thirst for SSJ Azeroth titan these days.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I can see 2 things: more realms in the Shadowlands as there are more gates in Oribos, or 2) they add more space in the five zones. Ardenweald for example has a lot of space still left unseen if you go to the edge of the map, and the Mushroom guy confirms what you see is a small fraction. The same is the same for the other ones. We know Arthas is in the Maw but no one has seen him even though every inch has been explored. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the patches was an extension of these zones. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an invasion patch as well since both the void and light want the Shadowlands.
to add to that, there's a section in the beastwarrens that you're not supposed to get to yet, but is fully populated with mobs. it's possible and not that hard to jump your way up the side and worm your way inside, but venari doesn't mention anything about you entering it and there's an aura that'll kill you in a few seconds for hanging out there

so zone expansions are definitely on their mind, at least for the maw

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
me and some friends got destroyed by a Necrotic Wake 7, that necrosis or whatever Affix is a son of a bitch. We still finished it so it counts for the vault in a few days (213) so thats cool.

We then pissed on a Sanguine Deapth 6, so much so that I was shocked it didnt upgrade +2, it only gave us +1, but we had like 6 or 7mins left so that was a bummer.

Anyway the point of this little story is, as we were getting wrecked in the NW7, I started wondering how people do these higher keys (like the 10+ stuff) if 7 was already this hard, but then at the same time a short time later as we were crushing the SD6, I thought to myself "I guess just 1 week ago we were struggling with 6s" so in the end a bit of better gear on everyone really goes a long way.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
So are these cinematics part of the Twisting Corridors? Still haven't even seen the first confrontation between the two yet in-game.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
me and some friends got destroyed by a Necrotic Wake 7, that necrosis or whatever Affix is a son of a bitch. We still finished it so it counts for the vault in a few days (213) so thats cool.

We then pissed on a Sanguine Deapth 6, so much so that I was shocked it didnt upgrade +2, it only gave us +1, but we had like 6 or 7mins left so that was a bummer.

Anyway the point of this little story is, as we were getting wrecked in the NW7, I started wondering how people do these higher keys (like the 10+ stuff) if 7 was already this hard, but then at the same time a short time later as we were crushing the SD6, I thought to myself "I guess just 1 week ago we were struggling with 6s" so in the end a bit of better gear on everyone really goes a long way.

7 is the point at which the third affix (Necrotic, this week) is introduced, so there's a significant difficulty bump between 6 and 7.

Necrotic Wake is also regularly considered one of the hardest dungeons in Shadowlands, particularly on Tyrannical when the second and third bosses can be major gear blockers (though the second boss got a lot easier with the nerfs from a week or two ago).

As for dealing with Necrotic, you need to come up with a plan that fits your tank / group comp and be ready to deploy it on large pulls. Around 30 stacks, the tank should start determining whether they need to kite away, at which point the DPS should deploy slows, roots, stuns, knockbacks, and other control tools in order to give the tank the room they need to drop their stacks.

There are also lots of cheesy tactics that you can pull off. Phial of Serenity will clear it if your tank is Kyrian. Monk Ring of Peace works wonders for keeping your tank from getting hit. As a Paladin, I can hit 50+ stacks and then tap Divine Shield (with Final Stand) to remove them all. :D It's definitely an affix that takes some practice though; it'll crush you if you don't pay attention to it.

So are these cinematics part of the Twisting Corridors? Still haven't even seen the first confrontation between the two yet in-game.

They're probably related to the weekly Bolvar quests that are being rolled out (which are supposed to connect to Twisting Corridors at some point, iirc). But yeah, both this cinematic and the one preceding it are only accessible from datamining at the moment; the story hasn't reached that point in-game yet.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If you are still playing Boomkin, this affix is where the Treants talent becomes invaluable. Pop it on most trash packs and it'll help clear the tank's debuff.

Necrotic requires a lot of using talents or utility that many people kinda of just ignore in a lot of content. Group did a +10 the other day with a tank that knew when to kite, how to interact with other classes using their utlity, etc. Did a +8 later, same group but just different tank, and the tank wouldn't kite, and even taunted off my treants, and we struggled to even get to the first boss.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is Garrosh even in the Shadowlands yet? We saw him in the Afterlives animation, but I have not seen him during the main campaign at all, so is it something we can only see by choosing the Venthyr covenant?
Same with Uther, we barely see him in the main campaign and I've seen him a little bit more in the Kyrian covenant campaign(only done 5 chapters so far I think), but still not enough.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

yeah this is so bad lol. Make Sylvanas a completely abhorrent psychopath for all of BfA, then she spends 5 minutes with Anduin and "aw gee you are making me feel feelings". She is irredeemable, but not just in the "this character is evil and can't be redeemed" sense. She's irredeemable as in the character has been so thoroughly butchered that there's no way the writers can salvage it.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to 'redeem' Sylvanas by somehow splitting her like they did Uther. Watch.

Light Twink Anduin will save the Ranger General, and we'll fight the Banshee Queen.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.