• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Since the Holy Legendary I want is from the raid's last boss, I went ahead and made this one

vjAwduG.png

and I'm not sure if this is a common misconception or I'm just an idiot (and a friend of mine who assumed the same) but this legendary is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. As I read it I assumed the idea was get 5 stacks using Flash Heal and your next Heal has a faster cast + increased healing, but it's not the next Heal, well, it's not JUST the next Heal, the effect persists as long as you have the buff up (which lasts 15 seconds and is refreshed everytime you flash heal).

So as long as you can keep the buff up, you have a 1.x (.x cause of haste) second cast Heal with 15% increased healing.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So if I understand legendaries correctly, I can unlock my first one at 1250 ash, a 225 neck piece I bought for 30kish, and give it the ability for all three of my barriers to activate when I use it (im a fire mage) - I have the memories-. I can then upgrade it to the next item level when I amass a ton of soul ash in the near future? When I earn another 1250 soul ash, I can instead start another head legendary with crit hit damage and use another 225 piece as base?

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understand legendaries correctly, I can unlock my first one at 1250 ash, a 225 neck piece I bought for 30kish, and give it the ability for all three of my barriers to activate when I use it (im a fire mage) - I have the memories-. I can then upgrade it to the next item level when I amass a ton of soul ash in the near future? When I need hit 1250 soul ash, I can instead start another head legendary with crit hit damage and use another 225 piece as base?

No, you can only do the 190 version for 1250 ash. The 225 version costs over 3000 ash.

You can upgrade from one tier to the next, and the Ash rolls over. Or you can wait and skip right to the 210 or 225 version for the increased amount of ash.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Ahh okay so no cheating haha. Thank you for the info. The 1250 is for 190 and does it end up costing the same amount of ash to upgrade from 190 to 225 than if I just used the higher ilevel version as base?

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Making my way through the campaign and am in ravedreth or whatever at about level 59 68% to level 60. The last two quests I have had to do are fucking ridiculous.

Sign your own death warrant, the npc that had to be killed was a level 61 elite, how the fuck am I supposed to do this solo? I got lucky and a group of 3 came and helped me.

Breathed a sigh of relief only to get to the next bitch of a quest my terrible morning where again, marquis pummeler is just fucking me.

Naru

May 11, 2019
The resto druid talent Photosynthesis says "4% chance to cause it to bloom". What does this mean?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Making my way through the campaign and am in ravedreth or whatever at about level 59 68% to level 60. The last two quests I have had to do are fucking ridiculous.

Sign your own death warrant, the npc that had to be killed was a level 61 elite, how the fuck am I supposed to do this solo? I got lucky and a group of 3 came and helped me.

I don't recall an elite involved with Sign Your Own Death Warrant, although there's a rare in the vicinity - did someone summon her and then leave her up, or something?

Edit: Was it Scrivener Lenua? That's the rare I was talking about. Completely unrelated to Sign Your Own Death Warrant, if so!

Breathed a sigh of relief only to get to the next bitch of a quest my terrible morning where again, marquis pummeler is just fucking me.

Look around the area to find a light crystal. That gives you an extra action button which can do ridiculous damage to Revendreth folks and stun them.

Last edited:

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Since the Holy Legendary I want is from the raid's last boss, I went ahead and made this one

vjAwduG.png

and I'm not sure if this is a common misconception or I'm just an idiot (and a friend of mine who assumed the same) but this legendary is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. As I read it I assumed the idea was get 5 stacks using Flash Heal and your next Heal has a faster cast + increased healing, but it's not the next Heal, well, it's not JUST the next Heal, the effect persists as long as you have the buff up (which lasts 15 seconds and is refreshed everytime you flash heal).

So as long as you can keep the buff up, you have a 1.x (.x cause of haste) second cast Heal with 15% increased healing.

I made the same reading comprehension error that you did. That is a lot better... :O

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017

vjAwduG.png

It is the much better legendary yes, the initial guides were dead wrong

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Can I just say, as a random observation, that Ardenweald is the best zone Blizzard has ever done in this game. IMO

I'm a sucker for a good forest zone in games, and WoW has a few top tier ones at this point, but man everything in Ardenweald just comes together. The pacing, how every area just flows into another. How it feels large and busy and lived-in, but you don't get lost. The MUSIC. There have been a few times now where I opted not to use my hearthstone to get to the sanctum and take a flight path from Oribos instead, because I wanted to experience that moment when you come through the gate and you get that great scenic shot of Ardenweald right as the theme kicks in. Soooo good.

Bravo to the art team.

Oct 25, 2017
I have been a little lucky this expansion with BOEs, at least more than previous. I have gotten 3 total which have sold for around 500k in total. My last one sold for 320k gold.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Sitting at 650k gold made this expansion by selling fish / flasks / cooking / herbs :)

small update on us we are now 5 bosses down in CN Normal (very casual guild)

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
I am slowly on the burnout of SL already. Mainly as the dailies are quite tedious in a way and feel as a must. I guess I take it a bit easier daily wise and focus on the weeklies and alts.

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I've seen mentions on icyveins about an Icecap build for 2-handed frost DK, but no specifics.
Has any of you fine death knight folk dabbled in icecap builds this expansion?

Stellar Drift

Jan 6, 2018
Silly question but here it goes. I finally got my PC put together (was waiting for a 3080 and lucked out last week). I did not even get to 120 in BFA but am really feeling the itch to come back to WoW. Is there a lot of catchup to do if I am just starting Shadowlands now? Am I in for a long uphill battle?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Silly question but here it goes. I finally got my PC put together (was waiting for a 3080 and lucked out last week). I did not even get to 120 in BFA but am really feeling the itch to come back to WoW. Is there a lot of catchup to do if I am just starting Shadowlands now? Am I in for a long uphill battle?

You'll probably be around lvl 45-48 and you only need to get to 48 to start shadowlands so not a lot to do really, depending on where you got squished too.

I didnt level an alt in BFA and they were squished to 45. The few I had played were squished to around 46. Was pretty east to get to 48.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I don't recall an elite involved with Sign Your Own Death Warrant, although there's a rare in the vicinity - did someone summon her and then leave her up, or something?

Edit: Was it Scrivener Lenua? That's the rare I was talking about. Completely unrelated to Sign Your Own Death Warrant, if so!

Look around the area to find a light crystal. That gives you an extra action button which can do ridiculous damage to Revendreth folks and stun them.

It was lenua, someone must have set me up lol. The light crystal didn't do like anything to the pummeler guy, absolutely smokes the other bandits and ghouls though. I have some guy running around me who has a willpower bar but it's completely empty

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at 650k gold made this expansion by selling fish / flasks / cooking / herbs :)

small update on us we are now 5 bosses down in CN Normal (very casual guild)

On which note, what order are people tackling bosses in? We've had a brief spell of time on Artificer and will probably be sticking with that as our fourth boss (After Shrieky, Huntsman, Devourer), but I might need to be open to alternatives.

Jun 19, 2020
Absolutly hate the dungeon quest requirements of this addon. Let people play the game however they want without forceing them to do content they dont like.

Its also bothering me for years that they have this artificial lets not allow them to fly in the new addon thing going on until you do horrendous thing x.

It dosnt help that I hate quests and reputation grind.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutly hate the dungeon quest requirements of this addon. Let people play the game however they want without forceing them to do content they dont like.

...what dungeon quest requirements? I'm not aware of anything forcing you into dungeons, except as part of the progression paths that are based around dungeons anyway? I *think* - although I'm sure that others will be able to correct me - that dungeons aren't a crucial blocking component of any of the zone campaigns.

It dosnt help that I hate quests and reputation grind.

PvP - focussed player, I assume, then?

Jun 19, 2020
...what dungeon quest requirements? I'm not aware of anything forcing you into dungeons, except as part of the progression paths that are based around dungeons anyway? I *think* - although I'm sure that others will be able to correct me - that dungeons aren't a crucial blocking component of any of the zone campaigns.
No that you need to finish quests to enter specific dungeons with the dungeon finder.

PvP - focussed player, I assume, then?
I just dont like it after hitting max level. More Dungeon / Raid focused.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Any Necrolord here can help me?
I unlocked the abomination factory a few days ago, but absolutely nothing happened. I went to the place, turned the quest in and saw the little cinematic, then a zombie head showed on my map, but nothing else. Didn't get an introduction quest, nothing different dropped, nothing. It might as well not exist. Am I missing something?
Anyone? :(

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I know that if I boost an allied race to 50 I wont get the allied armor sets.

But..If I race change my level 48 Draenie to a Lightforged and level to 50.

Will that work?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
On which note, what order are people tackling bosses in? We've had a brief spell of time on Artificer and will probably be sticking with that as our fourth boss (After Shrieky, Huntsman, Devourer), but I might need to be open to alternatives.
we did shriek > huntsman > devourrrrr > darkvein > my beloved prince > artificer

if you have enough off healers you can make kael pretty easy

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Can I just say, as a random observation, that Ardenweald is the best zone Blizzard has ever done in this game. IMO

I'm a sucker for a good forest zone in games, and WoW has a few top tier ones at this point, but man everything in Ardenweald just comes together. The pacing, how every area just flows into another. How it feels large and busy and lived-in, but you don't get lost. The MUSIC. There have been a few times now where I opted not to use my hearthstone to get to the sanctum and take a flight path from Oribos instead, because I wanted to experience that moment when you come through the gate and you get that great scenic shot of Ardenweald right as the theme kicks in. Soooo good.

Bravo to the art team.

I had the same reaction. imo the entire expansion hits a consistently high bar across pretty much every aspect, but Ardenweald really exemplifies it. The MUSIC.

I actually loved the zone so much that I switched around my Covenant plans so that my main could be Night Fae.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Pushing keys lately and I just gotta say: Tyrannical plus Storming is an awful affix combo that should be outlawed.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot Bolstering on top of all that other shit. To hell with this week :/

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I had the same reaction. imo the entire expansion hits a consistently high bar across pretty much every aspect, but Ardenweald really exemplifies it. The MUSIC.

I actually loved the zone so much that I switched around my Covenant plans so that my main could be Night Fae.
Yeah, Ardenweald is really amazing. Unfortunately, I have been playing more my second account that has my AH toons than my main, so I haven't explored any covenant activities yet or Torghast. I've heard the latter is quite fun!

I expanded my operations reaching 6 servers total and that has been really time consuming, to the point I am actually missing the main game. After I manage to get all my crafters to 60 on my main server, I'll hopefully be able to focus on my warrior main and do some dungeons and stuff.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What's the difference in efficiency between fire & frost mages for open world, dailies and maybe dungeons? I'm not really a raider expect the rare LFR.
I've always been a fan of frost mages thanks to the kiting and the powerful instant crits, but I feel like I spend way too much time casting those shitty Frostbolts(sometimes over 5-6 before getting a proc) just so I can cast Ice Lance and Flurry. Is there any special covenant abilities later on that can make it better or should I just switch to Fire and say goodbye to kiting?

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I dunno why you guys knock the maw so much. It's a blast working to gain ways to traverse the zone. It feels like you're making progress each day towards something.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference in efficiency between fire & frost mages for open world, dailies and maybe dungeons? I'm not really a raider expect the rare LFR.
I've always been a fan of frost mages thanks to the kiting and the powerful instant crits, but I feel like I spend way too much time casting those shitty Frostbolts(sometimes over 5-6 before getting a proc) just so I can cast Ice Lance and Flurry. Is there any special covenant abilities later on that can make it better or should I just switch to Fire and say goodbye to kiting?
Arcane is the best open world spec. Dungeons they are all fine although Fire is probably the best. Night Fae is the best covenant in most situations.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017

I can't help much with Fire but with Frost, yeah, some times you're stuck with frostbolt when RNGesus doesn't want to cooperate. Anyway have some random tips to make the rotation more interesting:
- Use all the ice lance procs before the flurry proc, then after flurry cast two more unpowered ice lances: after flurry the target is considered "frozen" so ice lances will hit as though they were powered up
- Consider the talent that grants you an instant Blizzard after casting frozen orb even if it's sub-par for single target, for the "PUSH THIS BUTTON" instant gratification
- I have mine with the Night Fae and I love doing the following combo: Alter time -> Shimmer right in the middle of the pack of mobs -> Shifting Power the hell out of them (also reduces all your cooldowns) -> maybe slam arcane explosion a couple of times if there are any mobs low on health -> Alter time gets you automatically back to safety and, if you're lucky, you have the frozen orb -> blizzard ready again after the cooldown reduction.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why you guys knock the maw so much. It's a blast working to gain ways to traverse the zone. It feels like you're making progress each day towards something.
Pissed me off yesterday when I hit 60 on my Paladin, went into the Maw, started from the top left and worked my way through finishing all my shit, and hit max jailer level before I could wrap up the final quest for my legendary stuff.

It's fine if they want to limit the amount of Stygia you can earn per day or whatever. But they literally hit you with a debuff that makes it impossible to do anything in the Maw after a certain point.

Also, the mounts in there are way too sparse. You've got some guaranteed at the start, but beyond that, you're lucky if you can find one. And you can't even remount or anything if you hop off.

To me it's just more solo content that highlights how unbalanced the classes in the game are. My fury warrior was an absolute pain to play with in the Maw, but my prot paladin could probably fight everything in the entire Maw at the same time without breaking a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.