• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
that's a fairly quick turnaround after they made it massively unfun, so good on them i guess

i don't really see why torghast can't generally just be a pleasant stomp. obviously you don't want it to be completely trivialized by getting a single power, but when the reward is just a currency that's useless without doing significant other portions of the game, who cares if it's 'hard' or not

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Best nerf is to those shitty exploding skeletons. They were so fucking dumb, just a "sucks to be melee" mechanic.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they manually fixed my kyrian covenant campaign progress. I tried logging into the character and it said it was unavailable. 5-10 minutes later I saw my character go offline (while on my other) and then I could use it again, and was able to continue the campaign.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
Level 35 and Chromie still doesn't let me pick which expansion I want to use for levelling. And btw, I have already started and finished some BfA quests.

I don't know then, but I've verified it both on a brand new free account and my old one (both alliance side), where my max level was squished down to 38. I made a brand new mage, got to level 10 in the new zone, took the quest for BfA, took the boat, triggered the first or second cutscene, ported back to Stormwind, enabled the scaling for Draenor and have been leveling there ever since.

Unless they patched it in the last two weeks.

Actually, I didn't even trigger the second quest in BfA, just took the boat, ported back to Stormwind and switched the scaling. But this created a problem because I was at level 30 and I wanted to disable XP to do a few dungeon runs and avoid leveling too fast. But in Stormwind I was in the "wrong" phase and the NPC to disable XP wasn't showing up. So I had to resume BfA, trigger the cutscene where you actually arrive in the new zone, port back, and now the phase was reset and I could see the NPC to disable XP as well.

But as I said I've verified this twice, alliance side. After the newbie island I followed the quest until it leads you to the keep, then there's a quest to take a boat for BfA, as soon as I got control on the boat I ported back to Stormwind and Chromie was available.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Torghast feels fun again, shocking. Did it with a tank and a healer friend and we actually went straight into another one after, because...well it was fun.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to be impressed by their responsiveness in SL. It's night and day to how Blizzard has always operated.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm having so much fun with this expansion that I decided to honor it with my avatar.

Only thing is I'm moving so slowly through it. Combination of real life shit and being so engrossed in turning over every rock when I do have time to play.

And following everyone I know who's playing the game is starting to make me feel so behind. lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Those Torghast changes might be enough for me to try it again. It didn't feel fun at all on mage during higher floors.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel a bit bad for them given their initial scope of what Torghast layers meant. In that sense they should've worked on the messaging a lot more and perhaps had a warning or a split the layers into "tiers" where it was VERY clear that Layers 7/8 are for very high ilvls. It's not like you're missing out on a huge chunk of content by not going through an 8 every week. Sure you're getting a lot less soul ash but that should correspond to your ilvl in a way. A Mythic 0 or LFR raider shouldn't be able to have a ilvl235 legendary at the same time as a Mythic progression raider. They'll both get it eventually, just at a different pace.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
nothing from the world boss on any char. This might sound weird but I was hoping to get something on an alt to serve as a catalyst / motivation to gear it up, like "oh here's a big ilvl boost to start from" :(

Last edited:

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
nothing from the world boss on any char. This might sound weird but I was hoping to get something on an alt to serve as a catalyst / motivation to gear it up, like "oh here's a big ilvl boost to start from" :(

I've done the two WBs 6 times total and so far I've only got 1 conduit. They seem super stingy with loot, it makes me not bother going with other alts.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Best nerf is to those shitty exploding skeletons. They were so fucking dumb, just a "sucks to be melee" mechanic.
The game has been designed to favour Range for a long time & i don't think they will ever address it at this point.

Affix this week is terrible for mythic +
It's fine if you go VDH, 2 Fire Mage, Maybe 1 UH DK because of Tyrannical, AOTD on every boss, Shammy or Pally heals are both pretty solid.

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm conflicted to these torghast changes. Druid had an easy time in Torghast since there are several viable anima builds you can do as feral. I welcome solo challenging content in the game , so for me old torghast was a puzzle to solve which I loved. I haven't tried the new changes yet, but reading feedback online it seems that at 190+ ilvl it will be totally trivial to do L8.

Let's see if the Twisted Corridors can live to my expectations.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
I'm conflicted to these torghast changes. Druid had an easy time in Torghast since there are several viable anima builds you can do as feral. I welcome solo challenging content in the game , so for me old torghast was a puzzle to solve which I loved. I haven't tried the new changes yet, but reading feedback online it seems that at 190+ ilvl it will be totally trivial to do L8.

Let's see if the Twisted Corridors can live to my expectations.

It is basically Layer 8 now is equal to what Layer 6 was, so if you beat 6 then you should be fine to beat 8 now

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what to try on my rogue as far as torghast now. I failed to beat layer 7 boss though. Could maybe get it half hp. This was right when 7 came out but I was not following the changes closely.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Affix this week is terrible for mythic +
Yes they are. I SOMEHOW was able to time a 10 Plaguefall on Tuesday after wiping on the first boss. You can't ignore his adds anymore with Tyrannical and we found out the hard way. Unless ofc you have a normal comp capable of CCing. Storming is a bullshit anti-fun affix. Game design consistently spitting in the face of melee players is always funny to me though.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
that's a fairly quick turnaround after they made it massively unfun, so good on them i guess

i don't really see why torghast can't generally just be a pleasant stomp. obviously you don't want it to be completely trivialized by getting a single power, but when the reward is just a currency that's useless without doing significant other portions of the game, who cares if it's 'hard' or not

I do, I guess because I look at torghast the same way I look at M+, raiding or arena - as end-game content, not just a means for getting currency.

It provides fills/filled the challenging solo/small group format that a lot of players want (as evidenced by Mage Tower).

Frankly, I wish they hadn't nerfed it. As players gear up it would have gotten easier anyway and it's not like you even need the top rank of your legendary.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I do, I guess because I look at torghast the same way I look at M+, raiding or arena - as end-game content, not just a means for getting currency.

It provides fills/filled the challenging solo/small group format that a lot of players want (as evidenced by Mage Tower).

Frankly, I wish they hadn't nerfed it. As players gear up it would have gotten easier anyway and it's not like you even need the top rank of your legendary.

Yeah I'm also in the same boat. They definitely should've looked into helping the squisher classes who were struggling on even the lower layers, but there are so many permanent upgrades from Venari + general ilvl upgrades that people shouldn't expect to clear Layer 8 the second it was unlocked. However, the cat was already out of the bag so I guess it's better that they did this rather than refuse and make the playerbase extremely mad for no reason when things are going relatively well.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'm also in the same boat. They definitely should've looked into helping the squisher classes who were struggling on even the lower layers, but there are so many permanent upgrades from Venari + general ilvl upgrades that people shouldn't expect to clear Layer 8 the second it was unlocked. However, the cat was already out of the bag so I guess it's better that they did this rather than refuse and make the playerbase extremely mad for no reason when things are going relatively well.

Yeh I understand the decision, I just dont agree with it. Oh well, hopefully the 18 floor mode is challenging. Any idea on when that releases? Maybe after we rescue thrall and anduin? So 3 weeks?

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019

I wonder if the endless one that will go beyond 8 layers is where it starts getting difficult again, that will probably be where can start pushing harder stuff as you go up forever

I dunno what to try on my rogue as far as torghast now. I failed to beat layer 7 boss though. Could maybe get it half hp. This was right when 7 came out but I was not following the changes closely.

After the hotfixes on the 17th or so, Layer 8 was pretty much the same as Layer 6 last week, so if you beat 6 a week ago you should be able to probably do 8 now

Oct 25, 2017
So just ran duo torghast 7 and 8 and it was pretty fun and also quite easier than expected. Our only deaths were from my partner dying to traps lol.

I wonder if the endless one that will go beyond 8 layers is where it starts getting difficult again, that will probably be where can start pushing harder stuff as you go up forever

After the hotfixes on the 17th or so, Layer 8 was pretty much the same as Layer 6 last week, so if you beat 6 a week ago you should be able to probably do 8 now

Ah cool. I did beat one 6 last week, the other was unbeatable though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got like 6 fucking entangling roots anima powers in a row. Some were "choices" but like other utility ones that I'd never make use of.

Still managed to clear the level 7 though. The roots weren't bad as a trash clearer with Mass Entaglement, could just pop it on a group of non-elites and it would slowly kill them without aggroing them.

Also seemed way shorter than some of the 6s last week, just layout wise. Not sure if that's because I had the Bolvar quest or not though.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the changes were up, really felt like Torghasting but no point until the changes go through.

Some of them already are, according to the bluepost:
eu.forums.blizzard.com

Updating Torghast this Week

Since the launch of Shadowlands, we’ve been constantly evaluating and reacting to the player experience in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. In previous weeks, we’ve made surgical changes to address pain points. This week, with the opening of a much more difficult section of the tower, we’ve seen a...

Kaivax said:
Some of these changes have already gone live with hotfixes over the last 24 hours, and the rest will be applied to the game today (and possibly tomorrow).

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
It's like the complete opposite of BfA, I cannot find horde players in War mode this time around.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a guide on catch up renown sources?
I think all the quests you get in your covenant sanctum, including the daily calls simply give renown, too. you can pick them all up but you will only get the max renown of the current week even if the quest said you'd get renown if you finish it. you won't if you are already at the current max.

at least it was like that when I caught up with my alt

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of people complaining about the Maw, but honestly I find it far, far preferable to the likes of Nazjatar. Every single aspect of Nazjatar felt like it was pulling my fucking leg. From the constantly winding, multi-tiered layout of the zone, to the obtuse world quest objectives with vanilla tier drop rates, to the environmental traps keeping you stuck in combat, or that damn cursed item making you go to some well hidden underwater cave, etc etc. The Maw can't even begin to compete in terms of constant microfrustrations.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
War Mode talents are usually fun at worst, and transformative/OP at best on some specs. Instant cast Voidform on Shadow Priest, damaging Entangling roots on the Balance Druid + 4% crit for me + all allies, the hilarious/strong knockback + interrupt on Divine Steed on Paladin....so much fun.

It's been War Mode for me since the start of BFA. The tension of world pvp + extra rewards make it fun and rewarding for me, and that all balances out the occasional shitty time when I get ganked or camped. If I'm super short on time and just need to get shit done quick, I turn it off for a bit.

Also, I fucking love everything about the Maw. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with maining a Druid, though. lol. Mount philosophy aside, I think it's a fantastic, threatening place that's challenging and engaging. The 'loop' there is a lot of fun.

I just wish less stuff in the Maw (and in general) was daily, and more could be weekly. I can't get to everything every day right now and definitely feel like I'm falling behind.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

more power to you if you're able to get enough out of the mode to do that, but it's obviously not the intent. there's no player power progression and the progression within torghast itself is extremely limited. as it stands, it's akin to island expeditions in that it's supplemental to increase player power, not an endgame unto itself for the majority of players seeking other activities.

twisting corridors specifically is what's been pointed to as the mage tower equivalent, not torghast as a whole.

Last edited:

Slathe

Oct 30, 2017
Was previously a horde player and started on a new server in Shadowlands as Alliance. I have done some of the achievements to unlock allied races but don't have a high level Alliance character to actually do the unlocks. Is there anything I can do without paying money to easly complete the unlock quests (not the achievement ones)?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Was previously a horde player and started on a new server in Shadowlands as Alliance. I have done some of the achievements to unlock allied races but don't have a high level Alliance character to actually do the unlocks. Is there anything I can do without paying money to easly complete the unlock quests (not the achievement ones)?

Not to my knowledge, no - you simply have to go through the motions of completing the achievements

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
War Mode talents are usually fun at worst, and transformative/OP at best on some specs. Instant cast Voidform on Shadow Priest, damaging Entangling roots on the Balance Druid + 4% crit for me + all allies, the hilarious/strong knockback + interrupt on Divine Steed on Paladin....so much fun.

It's been War Mode for me since the start of BFA. The tension of world pvp + extra rewards make it fun and rewarding for me, and that all balances out the occasional shitty time when I get ganked or camped. If I'm super short on time and just need to get shit done quick, I turn it off for a bit.

Also, I fucking love everything about the Maw. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with maining a Druid, though. lol. Mount philosophy aside, I think it's a fantastic, threatening place that's challenging and engaging. The 'loop' there is a lot of fun.

I just wish less stuff in the Maw (and in general) was daily, and more could be weekly. I can't get to everything every day right now and definitely feel like I'm falling behind.

Think of the daily stuff as extra/bonus, and the weekly quests as the real required progression content. That's been my approach.
Especially in regards to the maw, as maxing out stygia and ve'nari rep gains every day isn't something that's really all that important.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Think of the daily stuff as extra/bonus, and the weekly quests as the real required progression content. That's been my approach.
Especially in regards to the maw, as maxing out stygia and ve'nari rep gains every day isn't something that's really all that important.
I know, I know....been playing for 16 years and still fall into the FOMO trap. Haha.

Oct 25, 2017
I think all the quests you get in your covenant sanctum, including the daily calls simply give renown, too. you can pick them all up but you will only get the max renown of the current week even if the quest said you'd get renown if you finish it. you won't if you are already at the current max.

at least it was like that when I caught up with my alt

I have seen renown as a reward for a calling before but just finished one and picked up another and neither are giving renown. Just quite confused about how that works. I am only at 4 renown right now.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
De Other Side is the most BS zone with equally BS mechanics. I will take Plaguefall, ToP, and Necrotic over DOS any day. Also they really need to give Blood DKs better cc and taunt capabilities. DnD never seems to generate enough hate and Gorefiends cool down is too fucking long.

Fuck this game in general right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.