• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Curious about this. Have you tried both logging in at the same time, what happens? I assume you're both connecting from the same network right? Was reading that it might be possible but that's just via some basic searching. It looks like it's still considered 'sharing' and isn't allowed by the rules but not sure if they're enforced.

If she logs in on her device it logs me out :( i just made a new BNET account and transfered my WoW character over (25 bucks!) luckily I hadnt bought shadowlands yet.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
I played together with 2 guildies till we were level 60 semi-rushing it. Zones were pretty great except Ardenweald which we all hated.

I look forward to doing everything on my alt and really focus more on the stories and zones. Art team really outdid themselves this expasion.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the thing I miss out WoW from the old days are guilds. Every guild I join these days is just silent, or full of people begging for help running things.

I miss the feeling of being friends with my guild mates.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If she logs in on her device it logs me out :( i just made a new BNET account and transfered my WoW character over (25 bucks!) luckily I hadnt bought shadowlands yet.
Ah okay. I guess that makes sense. Would really love if they made an option for family share because in a normal setting you should be able to play 2 independent games simultaneously but in this scenario you can't. I get why no options for remote sharing but at the very least within the same household, I can't see why not. Both playin the same game... yeah that I agree can't be a thing but not with your scenario.

Either way, sounds like you got a solution for now.

Jul 30, 2019
Vancouver
I think the thing I miss out WoW from the old days are guilds. Every guild I join these days is just silent, or full of people begging for help running things.

Definitely understand where you're coming from. I still remember names from guildies a decade ago and the time we shared but couldn't tell you two names from guilds in the last couple years.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Both my clients right now... I was playing just fine and then the server just went offline.
0838009707a16978eb751326aaa9b749.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

This is why I play this game as a single player game for the most part now. None of my friends play anymore, and I have yet to join a guild since probably Cata (maybe Mists) that had a true guild feel of the old days. Ah well I don't have time to do heavy raiding and shit anymore anyway so it doesn't bother me that much.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
So just finished up the Bastion storyline. Definitely feels like the plot was half-completed with the rest being saved, I'm assuming, if you choose them as your covenant. Assuming all the zones will be like that which isn't great imo.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
So just finished up the Bastion storyline. Definitely feels like the plot was half-completed with the rest being saved, I'm assuming, if you choose them as your covenant. Assuming all the zones will be like that which isn't great imo.
All the zones so far for me are "why am I supposed ot care about any of this" or "the interesting thing happened before I got here".

I'm assuming that yeah, covenant campaigns cover the rest of them.
Pretty much what I expected on both points tbh

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, I haven't played since Pandaria and I am thinking of checking this out. I can't seem to find a clear answer of what I need to get started and can I just jump right into Shadowlands? Do I just purchase Shadowlands and nothing else? And do I need to buy a level boost for my character or something to play it right away? I am so out of the loop so I apologize for asking what may be super obvious questions. Thanks!

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
this revendreth storyline is pretty different than i anticipated just from first looks in the trailers

Hey all, I haven't played since Pandaria and I am thinking of checking this out. I can't seem to find a clear answer of what I need to get started and can I just jump right into Shadowlands? Do I just purchase Shadowlands and nothing else? And do I need to buy a level boost for my character or something to play it right away? I am so out of the loop so I apologize for asking what may be super obvious questions. Thanks!

yes shadowlands and nothing else

have to be level 48 to access the new content, whatever that means for you

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh...oh.

I thought Bastion's story felt unfinished, and like I said yesterday I thought it was weird you dont go to like 30% of the zone... I COMPLETELY forgot covenant campaigns were a thing. So I take it alol the zones will:

A) have a half a story only
B) have zones you only go IF you are that covenant and do that campaign

not sure how I feel about that tbh... I guess its cool for 4 chars.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So what are everyone's thoughts so far on Shadowlands (leveling, zones, etc), and how it compares to previous expansions?

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
this revendreth storyline is pretty different than i anticipated just from first looks in the trailers

yes shadowlands and nothing else

have to be level 48 to access the new content, whatever that means for you
Thanks for the response. Last I played the lvl cap was something like 90 I think? And I've heard something like everyone starts Shadowlands at lvl 50? How does that work exactly?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
So what are everyone's thoughts so far on Shadowlands (leveling, zones, etc), and how it compares to previous expansions?
As a leveling experience its by far the most structured WoW has ever been, and its crazy it took them this long to differentiate Main Quest markers from side quests. Music, graphics, art are fantastic and story seems ok so far. The other side of that though is that leveling is way more linear and you dont get to choose where to go like before (no adventure board like in BFA/Legion to choose where you quest first for example)

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
As a leveling experience its by far the most structured WoW has ever been, and its crazy it took them this long to differentiate Main Quest markers from side quests. Music, graphics, art are fantastic and story seems ok so far. The other side of that though is that leveling is way more linear and you dont get to choose where to go like before (no adventure board like in BFA/Legion to choose where you quest first for example)

Yeah, it was like that in Battle for Azeroth as well - you just move from one quest hub to another, and nothing much becomes available until you finish your batch of quests and keep moving in a very prescribed way.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind queueing in the first week of an expansion as it's one of the few pitfalls of playing on the big realms. Getting kicked out of that queue, after being in it for an hour, then not being able to rejoin it does kind of boil my pee pee though.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it was like that in Battle for Azeroth as well - you just move from one quest hub to another, and nothing much becomes available until you finish your batch of quests and keep moving in a very prescribed way.
One difference though is that like, if you're in Stormsong Valley or whatever, like half of the zone quests are "main quest" and required to unlock additional story campaign and the rest of the zone stories are side quests and you need to do those to get the Zone story achievement for loremaster. Here all the main zone quests are part of the story and you do them all before moving on and the side stories are moved to a seperate achievement, but both are required for loremaster. It's a technical difference but just better organized imo

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Bastion is such a cool zone and then its followed up with the most boring, generic thing possible in Maldraxxus lol. At least Ardenweald and Revendreth are better

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
One difference though is that like, if you're in Stormsong Valley or whatever, like half of the zone quests are "main quest" and required to unlock additional story campaign and the rest of the zone stories are side quests and you need to do those to get the Zone story achievement for loremaster. Here all the main zone quests are part of the story and you do them all before moving on and the side stories are moved to a seperate achievement, but both are required for loremaster. It's a technical difference but just better organized imo
something as simple as having a different quest marker for mandatory story quests goes a long way

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
No spoilers please but for those who have finished the zones, is the main story arc wrapped up in the end? This is my first wow expansion but I played each one prior to this and I don't recall the original story (before patch x.1) of each expansion having any resolution till later patches. I am just so used to FFXIV expansions having a concrete storyline to follow, compete with a final boss, before patches expand upon the conclusion.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
No spoilers please but for those who have finished the zones, is the main story arc wrapped up in the end? This is my first wow expansion but I played each one prior to this and I don't recall the original story (before patch x.1) of each expansion having any resolution till later patches. I am just so used to FFXIV expansions having a concrete storyline to follow, compete with a final boss, before patches expand upon the conclusion.
there's no real resolution to anything so far. nathria will be the capstone to one of bigger plot points so far but the main arc of the expansion is still to be addressed

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
This is my first time being at an expansion launch since Burning Crusade, seems like the majority of people are enjoying it (besides the server issues).
I played about an hour of it so far and I really like it, looking forward to getting to Revendreth since that theme appeals to me a lot.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hit 60 this afternoon, picked my covenant and did a few of the daily quests. Seems alright but not sure it's done enough to pull me in for the long term.

Night Fae windwalker monk! it's pretty fun

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Maldraxxus was 95% story/campaign quests so weird, I don't think I even encountered a side quest. It's like it was made by a different team than Bastion.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
What I like about the zones is that they're all unique from each other and not comparable to a lot of past zones. While I a love more grounded locales like Zandalar or Kul'tiras, a lot of their zones just felt like HD versions of past zones. Even Ardenweald, which is probably the most derivative zone, is too alien looking to really be compared to past stuff.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Ah, for the second time when I ask my friends if they're playing they say no; but end up actually playing, all together, without me and there's a fucking slot.
They did it for classic, they've done it today. I literally don't know a single person on this planet to play with, so I ended up not buying :/.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
why do people hate Ardenweald? Is it the Disney-esque cute voices and fairies and shit?

Are you all just being a bunch of edgelords again? :p

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the two major criticisms i agree with so far are:

- No mounts on the Maw. I can only assume they will be available at max lvl
- The zone stories are fractured between leveling and Covenant campaign

why do people hate Ardenweald? Is it the Disney-esque cute voices and fairies and shit?

Are you all just being a bunch of edgelords again? :p
Damn tree huggers denied me my nerubian mount so yes i'm being an edgelord right now :3

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I think the two major criticism i agree with so far are

- No mounts on the Maw. I can only assume they will be available at max lvl
- The zone stories are fractured between leveling and Covenant campaign.

No. You will never mount in the Maw, even at max level. It's gimmick is it being a hellhole that is miserable to traverse. And don't worry, you won't be in there long. The Eye of the Jailer mechanic limits the amount of time you spend there. Eventually it will cause unkillable assassins to be sent after the player, making any more progress in the Maw that day impossible.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
No. You will never mount in the Maw, even at max level. It's gimmick is it being a hellhole that is miserable to traverse. And don't worry, you won't be in there long. The Eye of the Jailer mechanic limits the amount of time you spend there. Eventually it will cause unkillable assassins to be sent after the player, making any more progress in the Maw that day impossible.
Unless it's different at cap, worgen can use Wild Running and Shaman/Druid can use their respective travel forms in the Maw. Which is super funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.