• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I believe you get to try each of the class spells as you level up through the zones. I don't think you get to try the signature ability (e.g. Soulshape) though, except for at the very end when you get a chance to review each Covenant before committing.

Nice, hopefully that'll help me decide.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat excited for Shadowlands. Had a really good time in Legion and coming off that into BFA deflated my enthusiasm and pretty much quit until Blizz said they're taking away the Brutosaur. Grinding that gold over the last year. Whelp, I'm ready for whatever SL brings and my bar is real low due to BFA.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Question as old as time, which class to play this expansion... Think I'll start with Enh Shaman, still not sure...

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
How early in the expansion do we pick covenant? I'm a human BM Hunter and a bit tempted by Night Fae but i hate that their mail transmog are literally robes, where is the pants :(

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
How early in the expansion do we pick covenant? I'm a human BM Hunter and a bit tempted by Night Fae but i hate that their mail transmog are literally robes, where is the pants :(

After you've completed the campaign for your first character and you get to play each covenant for every zone. For any subsequent play through you can get the same first time experience or you can pick your final covenant right from the start.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Hours away from launch and I still can't pick a class... I think I've narrowed it down to destro warlock and assassination rogue. Definitely wanna be Night Fae.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I am doing Subtlety rogue, seems better than the other 2 specs atm, plus night fae. I want a blink and even though I enjoyed assassination a ton in BFA, I think a change of pace is a good idea. I think assassination will end up in a good place though, balance-wise, cause all they need to do really is buff the damage by 10-15% according to ravenholdt ppl.

Crax

May 21, 2018
Is feral druid still shit in Shadowlands? It's been pretty terrible for the last 2-3 expansions, but it's still my favorite class.

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Gonna Blood DK my way through PVE. Will probably change to Unholy when running dungeons, at least til I understand the mechanics. I love the easy mode of the DK tank in open world but get too anxious when tanking dungeons or raids until I've got the fights down and know how to skip mobs that aren't important.

malick[ai]

Nov 11, 2017
I think I am going to go Frost DK. Took a break to play DH through BfA, but I am missing all of the cool DK abilities.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Balance Druid here, flip-flopping between Night Fae and Kyrian. I think I ultimately have to go with the fun, here, and pick NF. Those two buttons look a lot more fun to push than the Kyrian ones. The transmog for Leather is garbo all around, so that hasn't weighed into the decision at all. The NF mount looks great. The NF activity (the Soulgarden) looks like hot boring trash (ready to be disproven), which hurts, since all the other 3 covenant activities all seem more interesting by an order of magnitude. (Build-an-Abom, Kyrian roleplay boss fights, and DINNER PARTIES).

Alas.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Should get Druid to 50 before launch. That would just leave Mage and Hunter as the only classes I don't have at 50, but that will have to come later as I'm gonna level them on allied races for the armour sets (so no boost). Not like it's hard to level now though.

DK will be my main though and I'm strongly leaning towards Necrolords now. Not sure what to level after - possibly Priest (Venthyr), Shaman (Night Fae) and Monk (idk maybe Bastion)

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The transmog for Leather is garbo all around, so that hasn't weighed into the decision at all.

How dare you

d0x51vyug8s41.png

Literally the best leather set in the game

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Can't decide between my DK (I love tanking) and my Warlock (I just love Warlocks). It might as well be a coin toss - I've been going back and forth for the past few weeks and I still have no idea.

Help me, Era.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Human Fire mage main, blood elf destro warlock and now Draenei enhancement/elemental shaman alts here. So ready!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

rock

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
why is it appropriate to reference animal crossing in the title? can you customize a home now?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Smarm aside I realize that the patchwork ghoul look isn't everyones cup of tea, but I thought the Venthyr leather set was pretty cool too. It looks pretty rogue-appropriate, at least.

930822.jpg

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Ret Paladin to Kyrian, Beast Master Hunter to Night Fae, Subtltey Rogue to Venthyr, aaaand.. undecided on Maldraxxus. Death Knight would fit but seems too obvious.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Going Night Fae as a Death Knight, not just for meta reasons, but i tried out the cov quests in the beta & night fae is just hands down the best, their opening quest with the stage play is hilarious.
It's also nice to have a more relaxing area to play in WoW, the darker stuff can get tiring.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Ret Paladin to Kyrian, Beast Master Hunter to Night Fae, Subtltey Rogue to Venthyr, aaaand.. undecided on Maldraxxus. Death Knight would fit but seems too obvious.

obvious isn't necessarily bad, especially if the transmog fits. I'm going Necrolord on my DK.

I like the Venthyr plate set a lot too though, so I'm not sure which char I'm gonna send that way. Maybe my Pally.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm going to commit to range this expansion. Marks hunter has been really fun, and I've never really liked that spec. They have some elements of old survival via some talents, so that will be cool I think.

After reading some wowhead stuff it looks like Kyrian or Night Fae will be top choices, but I'm going necrolord. The set is just too cool to me.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I do like how most people here are choose their covenents based on things like transmog and theme. Minuscule % damage difference be damned!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to commit to range this expansion. Marks hunter has been really fun, and I've never really liked that spec. They have some elements of old survival via some talents, so that will be cool I think.

After reading some wowhead stuff it looks like Kyrian or Night Fae will be top choices, but I'm going necrolord. The set is just too cool to me.

I love the mail necrolord set, yeah. I'm not planning to go necro on either my shaman or hunter but I know I'll eventually need to make the swap just to unlock the transmog. I assume 10.0 will relax covenant-specific transmog rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.