• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So does this release at 12AM Monday (12.5 hours time) in Australia?

Aussy time is 10am on the 24th

NC4KIOMVY1WX1603942140439.jpg

final edit: fixed

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying Mechagon now that I came back
One of the things that's made the last couple of months - after we quit regular raiding - a joy has been discovering an addon called AllTheThings, which serves as a tool that tracks everything collectible in the game. It's worked wonders at pointing me towards content I've barely touched previously, one of which was Mechagon, and I've really enjoyed it as the expansion draws to a close. Might just get Mecha-done... done before Shadowlands if I get one more bit of luck with the drops (need the orange paint!)

It's reminded me of the Timeless Isle, but it's gelling with me a bit more than that place, partly because it's using the more modern approach to rare tapping which makes things a lot more egalitarian - although that might go away when we start oneshotting things again!

AllTheThings in general has been excellent as a whole, though, there's so much of the game I don't see when I'm in an endgame/raiding mindset.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
do you still cast wrath first (because its a faster cast I imagine?) to get your eclipse going as a boomkin?

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
One of the things that's made the last couple of months - after we quit regular raiding - a joy has been discovering an addon called AllTheThings, which serves as a tool that tracks everything collectible in the game. It's worked wonders at pointing me towards content I've barely touched previously, one of which was Mechagon, and I've really enjoyed it as the expansion draws to a close. Might just get Mecha-done... done before Shadowlands if I get one more bit of luck with the drops (need the orange paint!)

It's reminded me of the Timeless Isle, but it's gelling with me a bit more than that place, partly because it's using the more modern approach to rare tapping which makes things a lot more egalitarian - although that might go away when we start oneshotting things again!

AllTheThings in general has been excellent as a whole, though, there's so much of the game I don't see when I'm in an endgame/raiding mindset.
welp time to install that

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Took a break at the start of 8.3 because it was dull as hell, very exited to jump back in.
Probably going to go with Venthyr but I might go for maldraxxus after the story.
Hope Torghast is everything it's been hyped up to be, generally don't care too much for the endgame content like raiding and mythic+
So much to play right now though... Valhalla, Demons, Miles, then Immortals and Cyberpunk next month... not to mention some older stuff I want to get to like DQ11 and Tsushima, wonder how much of anything I'll get done at work lmao

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Took a break at the start of 8.3 because it was dull as hell, very exited to jump back in.
Probably going to go with Venthyr but I might go for maldraxxus after the story.
Hope Torghast is everything it's been hyped up to be, generally don't care too much for the endgame content like raiding and mythic+
So much to play right now though... Valhalla, Demons, Miles, then Immortals and Cyberpunk next month... not to mention some older stuff I want to get to like DQ11 and Tsushima, wonder how much of anything I'll get done at work lmao

Torghast was the only thing I did with my beta invite and it was so much fun to just see how broken I could become. I ran it as a frost DK there but I'm really looking forward to breaking all the classes.

Well, more specifically, all the specs. My personal Shadowlands goal is to level and maintain all 36 specs with at least M0 levels of gear.

This game is a prison.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Torghast was the only thing I did with my beta invite and it was so much fun to just see how broken I could become. I ran it as a frost DK there but I'm really looking forward to breaking all the classes.

Well, more specifically, all the specs. My personal Shadowlands goal is to level and maintain all 36 specs with at least M0 levels of gear.

This game is a prison.
Just hope Blizz don't detect us all having too much fun, got kinda nervous when the horrific nightmares had the super limiting timegating but apparently you can just play Torghast 24/7 right?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Just hope Blizz don't detect us all having too much fun, got kinda nervous when the horrific nightmares had the super limiting timegating but apparently you can just play Torghast 24/7 right?

my understanding is that while we'll run out of the ability to effectively farm rewards each week we'll still be able to run Torghast as much as we want just for fun. I have avoided as much of beta and spoilers as I could though so this may have changed slightly but I do know there's no limit to how many times you go in and just play it.

Unrelated but:

WoWScrnShot_112020_194243.jpg

People really wanted to kill The Black Knight just now. I guess I got phased into a giant group but it was so laggy that barely any of my abilities worked lol

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
man I am pumped for next week. 3 day work week, thanksgiving, shadowlambs. gonna be good stuff.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
As a hopeless 16 year addict, I'll be there on Monday! There's a lot that I don't like about the systems in Shadowlands, but to me there's not a ton in gaming that I enjoy more than the initial part of a new WoW expansion. I just play to raid these days, so I hope that can carry things for me throughout the expansion.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
I usually play these expansions simply to take in the new zones and to explore as I level. For those who played the beta how are the new zones in that regard?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently I should log in and do the pre-expansion event because you get a decent weapon or something?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I usually play these expansions simply to take in the new zones and to explore as I level. For those who played the beta how are the new zones in that regard?
Revendreth and Arenweald are probably two of the best zones Blizzard has ever done from an art and aesthetics standpoint.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My vacation started at 4pm today and I'm currently farming Icecrown rares to finish the last pieces of the mail set and then I'll just need to get the leather one before Monday. I doubt I'll get the bag at this point but that doesn't really bother me. Farming bosses in between making a grocery list for next week is super convenient, lol.

I'll probably try to get all my max level toons (there's a lot of them) the weapon off Nathanos but I'm not gearing anyone else. I'm ready to dump all my energy into my main come Monday.

That said, I won't be playing as soon as it goes live. My husband has to work this week so I'm gonna wait the hour or so for him to get off work and we can at least start the expansion together. He said I didn't have to wait but I had to level in BFA without him due to our jobs and I hated to do it without him. It felt wrong. So I'll get at least a few hours in with him before he goes to bed and anticipate I'll be at cap by Tuesday at some point. I can't really do all-nighters anymore but I'm not really in a "rush" to get to 60 so it'll be fine. :D

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
my understanding is that while we'll run out of the ability to effectively farm rewards each week we'll still be able to run Torghast as much as we want just for fun. I have avoided as much of beta and spoilers as I could though so this may have changed slightly but I do know there's no limit to how many times you go in and just play it.

Unrelated but:

People really wanted to kill The Black Knight just now. I guess I got phased into a giant group but it was so laggy that barely any of my abilities worked lol
I love how much the game has brought peopel back

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it won't be a big deal if I miss out on the pre-release patch content?

The patch rewards boil down to:

A pet
A transmog set
Catchup gear from rare spawns (of classic WOTLK bosses)
A 115 weapon from a raid boss

That said, there's also the last few days of the 16th anniversary celebration, with a few quests that yield Timewalking badge rewards, a new cosmetic cloak, and a second go at last year's Korrak's Revenge (original-style Alterac Valley, with a mount reward for collecting 200 badges in it)

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Excited to jump in. I'm a casual so my covenant picks will all be personal flavor choices. So far going Venthyr on my main (enhance) and Night Fae on my DK.

I wanna get back into PVP this expansion, but we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
I get really bad hanging and frame drops when loading in big bunches of characters, even with an SSD. Is there any setting that helps with the game not hanging so much like that? Gets really annoying for the larger World PvP battles.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I get really bad hanging and frame drops when loading in big bunches of characters, even with an SSD. Is there any setting that helps with the game not hanging so much like that? Gets really annoying for the larger World PvP battles.

I was having this issue a few months ago for like a year and it turned out to be the addon I was using for my nameplates: Threat Plates. Check to see if your addons are updated and disable the ones that aren't one by one to see if that corrects the issue.

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Wanted to take off originally, but since it's Thanksgiving week that week it's a bit hard. I'm working from home anyway so I'll be... uh... "working" from home.

Baseline

Jun 1, 2019
Portland, OR

Unrelated but:

Hey my alt is in that picture haha

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome job on the OT! :D

WoW expansion launches are always uniquely exciting, but I'm feeling even more hype than normal for this one. It finally feels real after so long, and there's gonna be so much new stuff to go through. Best of all, we're returning to somewhere otherworldly. I can't wait to explore it!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Hey my alt is in that picture haha

200.gif

Awesome job on the OT! :D

WoW expansion launches are always uniquely exciting, but I'm feeling even more hype than normal for this one. It finally feels real after so long, and there's gonna be so much new stuff to go through. Best of all, we're returning to somewhere otherworldly. I can't wait to explore it!

:D

I agree with absolutely all of this. I love Azeroth but my favorite experiences are when we dip out of it for a while, lol. It really lets them change gears for a bit since they don't have to always "fit" the established "this is what stuff here should look like" vibe.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
[QUOWanted to take off originally, but since it's Thanksgiving week that week it's a bit hard. I'm working from home anyway so I'll be... uh... "working" from home.
[/QUOTE]
I gotchu 😉

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
This feels like it's going to be a Legion level expac to me. From Runecarver, to Covenant's and Soulbinds, we have some pretty decent game systems in place. I'm hyped. BFA was an instant nose dive in quality in comparison to legion. From world quests to Mythics, they all felt several rungs below Legion. But I have that feeling that this is going to be Blizzard's answer to BFA's criticisms just like how Legion was to WoD. Basically, we need these bad expansions to get blizzard to sit up and change things. Cata->MoP, WOD->Legion, and hopefully BFA->SL looks like a reliable formula

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
This feels like it's going to be a Legion level expac to me. From Runecarver, to Covenant's and Soulbinds, we have some pretty decent game systems in place. I'm hyped. BFA was an instant nose dive in quality in comparison to legion. From world quests to Mythics, they all felt several rungs below Legion. But I have that feeling that this is going to be Blizzard's answer to BFA's criticisms just like how Legion was to WoD. Basically, we need these bad expansions to get blizzard to sit up and change things. Cata->MoP, WOD->Legion, and hopefully BFA->SL looks like a reliable formula
I'll go dying to the grave yelling that cata got a bad rap only due to following Wrath. I still think it's objectively a good expac.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Legendary base costs are insane to get rank 4's for a guild.

This is my preliminary summary breakdown of the resources for 26 people to get rank 4 legendaries w/ BIS raid powers (with min maxing on attempting to use same slots to reduce cost)

zk3cvl3.png

Orboreals are 125g

892,500g just via orboreal shards...

This is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.