• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Scaled down, but I wish it was more in this style for the dracthyr instead of what we got
17ilvh6dp5781.jpg

Don't know, WoW seems increasingly going away from that old school Samwise design and I'm sure a lot of people love that but to me it just makes WoW look more and more like every other game

Completely agreed. The old dragonkin designs are way more interesting than what we're getting in Dracthyr.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
There seems to be a real

I want my chad dragons

vs

I love being a scalie

conversation going on and I don't envy either side

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really mind that they're not hyper buff. but I also don't think they look that great. something about them just seems off standing next to all the other races. can't quite put my finger on it yet. they are certainly different! which isn't necessarily bad.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
As a probable Dracthyr Evoker main, I don't mind their body types at all.

Also there will be armor and shoulder pads on top of that frame that will make them look a lot more bulkier than the naked model.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
As a probable Dracthyr Evoker main, I don't mind their body types at all.

Also there will be armor and shoulder pads on top of that frame that will make them look a lot more bulkier than the naked model.

I'm gonna need to see more of what the barbershop armor options are. Shoulders will help, but the "armor" we've seen so far are more like adornments that do nothing to add to the frame of the model.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wow has several buff race types.

Let the Dracthyr be androgynous.

This is honestly reaching embarrassing "this is why I don't claim the WoW community" levels at this point.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Scaled down, but I wish it was more in this style for the dracthyr instead of what we got
17ilvh6dp5781.jpg

Don't know, WoW seems increasingly going away from that old school Samwise design and I'm sure a lot of people love that but to me it just makes WoW look more and more like every other game

If they needed anything it wasn't even more chunky, neckless models. The current ones seem like a cartoony version of the lizard people from Divinity:Original Sin (which are a cool design, mostly), but more "friendly" looking or something. Androgyny is a great direction, I just don't think they really pulled it off as well as they could and part of that is the lack of armour. Maybe its unfinished.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
At this point just throw in every single race possible. Why NOT? Give me god damn ogres already. And yeah that dreadlord thing from nathria up top is fucking beautiful. would love to play that too. There should be more races than you can count in this game...people would be willing to forgive reused animations and skeletons if there was just a shit ton of variation.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
At this point just throw in every single race possible. Why NOT? Give me god damn ogres already. And yeah that dreadlord thing from nathria up top is fucking beautiful. would love to play that too. There should be more races than you can count in this game...people would be willing to forgive reused animations and skeletons if there was just a shit ton of variation.

Well that was what Allied Races were meant to be, them bringing out a lot more races that were mostly just asset re-usage of previous ones, and not bothering with their own capital city or whatnot. But they stopped it after BoA. Maybe it wasn't well received?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Well that was what Allied Races were meant to be, them bringing out a lot more races that were mostly just asset re-usage of previous ones, and not bothering with their own capital city or whatnot. But they stopped it after BoA. Maybe it wasn't well received?
Allied races are good on paper but blizzard's implementation of them have been confusing as HELL for new players and veterans alike.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019

More World of Warcraft Interviews - MMO-Champion

More World of Warcraft Interviews

more interviews and Blizz is at least saying the right things to my ears. How they execute on them is always the question mark obviously. But no AP to grind and the focus on things outside of player power that goes away each patch seem like good things overall

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/10541-WoW-Dragonflight-Alpha-Encrypted-Build-10-0-0-43342

Well, that was fast. The first encrypted Dragonflight build is up on the WoWDev Server. Going by past expansions, that means the Alpha/Beta will probably drop within the next 30-45 days.

That's exciting! I was telling my friend if we see alpha in june/july there might be a chance of a 2022 release. I'm not holding out hope but that'd be a nice surprise

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
idle thought, but I think it's kinda lame (though understandable) there isn't a third spec for Evokers. I just feel like dragon's could probably do pretty well in melee, and the class being specific to Dracthy means you could do a unique style for them physically.

then again we never got windwalker worgens, so I can't even pretend the werewolf race is going berserk on stuff.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
That's exciting! I was telling my friend if we see alpha in june/july there might be a chance of a 2022 release. I'm not holding out hope but that'd be a nice surprise
I think if DF was a serious possibility for 2022 they would said something along those lines during the interviews("we're targeting late 2022 but nothing is set in stone" etc). We're still in the realm of technically possible for a december launch but I'd put money on Q1 2023, especially with WotLK already confirmed for 2022...even though classic and live have different audiences, I doubt Blizz would be happy about either one potentially "stealing" players from the other one if they can help it

with that said I'm holding out hopium for a surprise 2022 date when pre-orders go live lmao

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Yeah, theres zero chance of that.

They said season 3 will last a "typical duration" which is around 8 months, then after a couple weeks season 4 will start. Season 3 started on March 1 which would put the start of season 4 at around mid to late November.

And the surprise season 4 is very clearly a delay tactic because Dragonflight wont be ready for a while.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I'm happy about is that, according to interviews, the zones of the Dragon Isles are -massive- and will utilize a lot of negative space, like Northrend did. While there wasn't a lot going on in Northrend, they seem to have a bigger emphasis on world content this time around.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
One of the things I'm happy about is that, according to interviews, the zones of the Dragon Isles are -massive- and will utilize a lot of negative space, like Northrend did. While there wasn't a lot going on in Northrend, they seem to have a bigger emphasis on world content this time around.

If the zones are that much bigger, then I hope they consider reducing mob density a bit so that we can travel around without trailing dozens of enemies behind us or getting bogged down in fights every 30 seconds.

Mob density is one of the reason I most enjoy playing rogue. I probably wouldn't touch the class otherwise.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
People wanting meaningful choices but complaining about choosing between interrupt vs dps talents. I love the backwards direction Blizz took there.

Deleted member 93841

Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I just can't wait for the "just did a mythic + run and nobody had interrupts" complaints.

Not that it would be much different from "just did a mythic+ 10 run and I was the only person who bothered using interrupts" complaints. :P

Anyway, I just hope that assassination rogue and frost mage don't change too much or don't become unviable entirely. I don't know what else I'd play if I couldn't play those two classes.

Boksberger

Oct 28, 2017
Where's the details that they're putting interrupts in the talent trees? If it's just icons, then I'd chock it up to a draft representation and not representative. No where did they detail what the specific talent effects would be.

Boksberger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm stoked for the new zones.. theyve done flying only zones a few times, there may be more examples, but the one that comes to mind was Storm Peaks in Northrend. That was awesome because of the verticality and I'm super curious what the new zones could do when they're all designed like that.

Im optimistic with what they're doing and hope they can stick the landing. Returning to a grounded experience (gameplay, story) while adding huge QoL improvements for the base game and not just expansions will be great.

trumpet909

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding interrupts and talents:

www.wowhead.com

WoW Dragonflight Talent Revamp FAQ - Blizzard Answers Player Questions

In addition to the earlier blue post, Blizzard provided more answers to players questions about the revamped talent trees.

What about some abilities that are super important for gameplay, such as interrupt abilities, that you don't gain from the starting experience?

• We are currently trying to focus as many combat-altering abilities as possible into the new talent trees. This can include things such as movement abilities, interrupts, dispels, hybrid healing options, defensive abilities, etc. Our goal is to set up the trees and paths so that there opportunities to choose between different types of utility, but not to, for example, abandon all utility choices entirely in order to maximize your DPS. If you choose not to have an interrupt, it is likely because you traded it out for some other type of utility or CC that you believed would be more useful in the situation. The inverse is also true—specializations that do not have a certain capability in Shadowlands (such as an interrupt) may be able to obtain it by giving up something they currently do have.

Deleted member 93841

Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Oh shit, so it is kinda sorta officially confirmed.

I'm not quite on board with something as important as an interrupt being an optional choice. Maybe if I had to choose between Slow Fall and Counterspell on my mage, but if I have to trade an actually useful skill to get my interrupt, I'm not 100% sure I'd be on board with that.

I'll have to see the final system to make a proper judgement on whether I like it or not.

Deleted member 93841

Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Fights have been designed and balanced with the assumption that dps have interrupts. This is gonna blow on their face.

Yeah, that's what's got me wondering too. Especially with the fact that Timewalking M+ is going to become part of the seasons. They can design the DF dungeons so that interrupts aren't as necessary or can be done by a limited amount of party members, but are they going to rework the timewalking dungeons to require less interrupting?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Fights have been designed and balanced with the assumption that dps have interrupts. This is gonna blow on their face.
I mean, not every fight or dungeon needs an interrupt. I do think the basic interrupts should be standard, but there's definitely fights and dungeons where having it isn't really all that helpful.

That said, if they're all in the class tree it wouldn't be so bad for DPS classes since it's not like mages or warriors have a healing spec that Blizz can add stuff from to the class tree.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Blizzard said:
You will be able to save and name many different talent loadouts and swap between them with ease.

Great, now you will be required to min-max 61 talent points and the corresponding key bindings on a per-fight basis for raiding. This will surely make WoW more accessible to new players.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Great, now you will be required to min-max 61 talent points and the corresponding key bindings on a per-fight basis for raiding. This will surely make WoW more accessible to new players.
ngl, if you're guild is doing this and you're not a world first or mythic guild then that's not really a good thing and you probably need to find a new guild because none of the fights require anything even close to what you're describing unless you're in like Liquid or Method or some other RFWF guild that's actively competing for the title

Last edited:

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

I would be for some classes having baseline interrupts and others having to spec into it. That used to be a point of class distinction back in the day (obviously a more extreme version of that, with some classes not having access to interrupts at all), and I could see this being a way to evoke that period of less homogeneity.

Jun 1, 2021
Its almost like they will have betas to test these changes. Granted its Blizzard so there is a chance they might not listen, but getting worked up over changes not set in stone seems a tad silly. Lets see how it plays out.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I'm still not sure if I want to look for a new guild, I kinda want to play this expansion entirely solo.

Boksberger

Oct 28, 2017
But can you? If it's a tree similar to what we've seen, they can easily front load the utility skills where the dps skills are dependent on choosing one or more utility skills.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
You can choose to skip the utility talents and pick the damage ones instead.
The quote explicitly says the opposite
Our goal is to set up the trees and paths so that there opportunities to choose between different types of utility, but not to, for example, abandon all utility choices entirely in order to maximize your DPS.

I liked the current system because it does boil it down to the meaningful choices (urgh) that matter - there aren't filler 1%x5 upgrade talents and you don't have to count your points out to get the min/max. I'm worried this new system is just obfuscation for no reason.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Would be pretty funny for drama and toxicity if you can skip interrupts on the tree, a lot of people would skip it.

"DK, use your mind freeze, kick that spell"
"mind freeze?"

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Because the way they're talking it sounds like you can skip over some stuff to grab other stuff, in a way you cannot right now

right, but it's always going to be a utility vs utility or throughput vs throughput. It sounds like interrupts are always going to be in the class tree, which is more utility-concerned in general. The examples they gave for things you might give up the interrupt for were movement skills and stuff like that. You aren't' going to have an interrupt in your spec tree as a choice against a damage-increasing talent.