• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I have enjoyed Classic SOOO much and will be playing TBC, but not as hardcore as I did Classic. Im staying in my guild that will be raiding but Im going to play casually.

I just cannot do the "play on a schedule" thing for too long before it rips at me. Even when its only 2 days a week. But I did TBC back in the day so I don't mind slow rolling it for fun this time. Especially since I know Ill be able to raid anything I want on Pagle with its insane population in PUGs and GDKPs. No need to play on a schedule to see the content anymore.

I'm in the same boat. I'll check it out, level to 70 and whatnot but TBC is where I started so I've seen it even though I didn't raid back then either. My guild wants to go super hard for TBC but I have little interest in that. Especially since I'm kind of nervous about the changes Blizzard is sneaking in. Like level boosts and a warpstalker mount. I recognize the signs and they do not bode well imo.

At the end of the day, I accomplished everything I wanted to in Classic. Beat every raid, got a Sulfuras, got rank 10 in PvP so I'm super happy with my classic experience. I really wish I could stash my character on a Classic Realm and also continue him in TBC. I'd love to be able to hop on and PvP with a near BiS warrior every once in a while.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
HOTS but absolutely true
au9qo56bqip61.png

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I won't be going to TBC. I never played back in the day and i've already spent way too much time in the game as is. I cancelled my sub and a month from now will quit cold turkey. I'm just gonna continue to raid a bit and do some gdkps and try to spend a bit of money before my time is done.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be going to TBC. I never played back in the day and i've already spent way too much time in the game as is. I cancelled my sub and a month from now will quit cold turkey. I'm just gonna continue to raid a bit and do some gdkps and try to spend a bit of money before my time is done.

That's what they all say. See you in Outland ;)

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Naw i'm done. My sub expires mid may but i've got two more raid lockouts with my guild. I had a really good AQ40 with my warlock where I picked up Amulet of Veknilash and Cloak of the Devoured which were both big upgrades.

When I made my rogue and warlock alts, i realized that it was important to have clearly defined gearing goals for all my characters. My druid (as my main) has quite a few strong pieces of gear left to get but most of them are situationally good. Yes it would be nice to get eye of the dead, but my druid has KT hammer and Saph Eye with full tier and bis rings and shit so he is basically done. I also picked up leggings of apocalypse so other than kiss of the spider he is basically done for both feral and resto.

My rogue originally was going to be "stop at AQ40" but i managed to get her a Maexxna Fang, Talisman of Seething, and two pieces of T3 (gloves/wrists) that fit in with the full 2.5 so now she is a cool mix of AQ40/Naxx. Also recently got jom gabbar which is fucking insane. Popping that shit on Vael make it worth every penny.

I also have a hunter alt that I did, in fact, meet my gearing goals on. She is full tier 1, quest bow/staff, zg rings. etc. Would be cool to get her the offhand claw from ZG so i could do the tony the tiger shit, but that is pure memes for the most part.

My lock has never been to Naxx, pure AQ40, but he is really only missing eyestalk and darkstorm, which while very good, are minor upgrades over what I have now. Getting those two pieces on my lock made me realize that while none of my characters are "done", they are so close to it that it gives me the closure I need to know that now is the time to quit.

I start a new job on June 1, so im going to go into a wow detox for a month in may and i'm really looking forward to just not playing video games for a while. When i do get the urge to play again, im gonna stick to mostly games that i can pick up and put down a lot more easily than wow.

It's been fun, but its time to close the book and move on.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
When i do get the urge to play again, im gonna stick to mostly games that i can pick up and put down a lot more easily than wow.

Yep that's going to be me too for most if not all of TBC. I might give raiding a shot again with my guild (that's going to continue raiding in TBC, they are working out rosters now) when WOTLK hits, but Im not sure.

I've enjoyed the hell out of classic though.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in a few weeks though I'll renew to experience the pre-patch fun. I kind of want to feel the new spell batching as well.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
8/9 Faith, BiS belt, bracers and legs to replace bits of Faith for actual raids, BiS neck, wand, weapon, off hand. Only lacking the Faith ring. Am BiS'd out. Last 'official' raid last week, guild full steam ahead for TBC. Was ace fun to play with an old friend again and meet a whole new cool guild. Around 25 of the 40 have been there since the start.

Classic's been good to me, even though raid logging by the end and the world buff shite (Chronoboon is great) took some of the shine off, but only a little. Been fun to revisit it and explore it all over again, and far further than my vanilla self did.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
8/9 Faith, BiS belt, bracers and legs to replace bits of Faith for actual raids, BiS neck, wand, weapon, off hand. Only lacking the Faith ring. Am BiS'd out. Last 'official' raid last week, guild full steam ahead for TBC. Was ace fun to play with an old friend again and meet a whole new cool guild. Around 25 of the 40 have been there since the start.

Found myself in a similar boat but I quit cold turkey on May 1 and not going to TBC. Even though there are a few items on my main and alts is like to get, I am extremely satisfied with what I accomplished as I did basically anything anyone could do other than hit HWL which was never a possibility given my job, life responsibilities, etc.

Seems like TBC May be June 1 based on the leak so have fun if you plan on going forward.
Classic's been good to me, even though raid logging by the end and the world buff shite (Chronoboon is great) took some of the shine off, but only a little. Been fun to revisit it and explore it all over again, and far further than my vanilla self did.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
TBCC is definitely not coming out on the 1st. There's not enough time to have pre-patch last as long as it did last time (46 days) or longer if they want to give people time to level their belves and draenei.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Kind of had the urge to play this again, does Era still have an active guild on any servers? The Alliance one on Incendius is dead dead, no one had logged on in at least 8 months lol.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I just re-upped my sub. Want to level my shaman. I bought some chronoboons so maybe I'll buff up this weekend and save a full suite plus DMF for one last naxx.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible timing...at least for me. I thought I'd at least have a month to finish my alt mage and then work on another when prepatch hit. That's all out the window now.

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
Now I really got step up my leveling. I had assumed some level of security from thinking they wouldn't do such a short pre-patch and that they wouldn't announce the date so close to release.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Pre patch was never going to last as long as it did back then. 2 weeks is 14 days longer than people had back then to level up the new factions. Naxx will be out for 6 months by the time TBC is out, and Naxx is already very stale and has been for awhile.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Pre patch was never going to last as long as it did back then. 2 weeks is 14 days longer than people had back then to level up the new factions. Naxx will be out for 6 months by the time TBC is out, and Naxx is already very stale and has been for awhile.

Man, I wish the final raids of retail WoW only lasted 6 months!

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Blizz did mention they wanted to give people
time to level up the new races before opening the gates. I didn't expect having to power through 60 levels in two weeks.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't make any sense.
It makes perfect sense if you imagine that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about its classic versions of the game and maintaining any integrity in them whatsoever.

I really, really enjoyed going back to classic again. So much of it was different, but the vast majority of it was just as terrific and in some cases even better than I remembered it. But even though chronoboons are objectively good, I dont want them in classic. Classic had no such thing, let it sink or swim on its own. Once i saw chronoboons, i knew TBC was going to be a shit show and sure enough, everything with the collectors editions and cloning and shit is already going fucking haywire.

Blizzard is such a fucking scummy company and if it was any other game than classic wow, i wouldnt have given them my money. Glad they wont see a cent from me going forward.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm leveling a shaman, just straight up leveling doing actual quests and 5-man dungeon runs. No boosts. It's just so nice to be in this world, interacting with random people, and bsing in LFG chat while killing boars or something.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm leveling a shaman, just straight up leveling doing actual quests and 5-man dungeon runs. No boosts. It's just so nice to be in this world, interacting with random people, and bsing in LFG chat while killing boars or something.

Agree. I love the leveling process in general and will also be leveling a Shaman starting on the 18th.

Although I wonder just how many people are going to be rolling Shaman (on Alliance) in TBC. I kind of always like playing the less common classes, and I'm not sure if there's going to be an abudance of level 70 Alliance Shaman in a couple months.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
User Warned: Hostility
It makes perfect sense if you imagine that Blizzard doesn't give a shit about its classic versions of the game and maintaining any integrity in them whatsoever.

I really, really enjoyed going back to classic again. So much of it was different, but the vast majority of it was just as terrific and in some cases even better than I remembered it. But even though chronoboons are objectively good, I dont want them in classic. Classic had no such thing, let it sink or swim on its own. Once i saw chronoboons, i knew TBC was going to be a shit show and sure enough, everything with the collectors editions and cloning and shit is already going fucking haywire.

Blizzard is such a fucking scummy company and if it was any other game than classic wow, i wouldnt have given them my money. Glad they wont see a cent from me going forward.

I would looooovvvveee to see your armory link to see whether you are just some bog standard try-hard elitist or an actual masochist. I have played WoW since Vanilla beta and hardcore raided up until Cataclysm and am truly vexed by people like you who pursue purity over fun in such a weird way. It is truly bizarre. But not only are you a purist but you want your sterling pure classic experience, fun or not, inflicted on everybody because YOU want to suffer through slog. Bizarre again... truly, but I will say out of the recent ad hominem filled DIRECT personal attacks on devs from the likes of man boy Asmongold or bloated ego Bellular you at least kept it sort of civil so... Bravo? So tired of unconstructive Hokum hot takes like this

Oct 25, 2017
I am a gullible moron who has multiple WoW expansion collector's editions in my closet somewhere and even I'm turned off by the BC pricing. I don't mind the stuff they've added, Activision gonna Activision, but $70 is insane. I'm the target market for collector's editions and the price is so absurd I'm not even bothered that I'm skipping it. Also charging $35 to unlock a character they've already copied and parked on their servers is maybe is the most egregious "service" they've ever offered.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I would looooovvvveee to see your armory link to see whether you are just some bog standard try-hard elitist or an actual masochist. I have played WoW since Vanilla beta and hardcore raided up until Cataclysm and am truly vexed by people like you who pursue purity over fun in such a weird way. It is truly bizarre. But not only are you a purist but you want your sterling pure classic experience, fun or not, inflicted on everybody because YOU want to suffer through slog. Bizarre again... truly, but I will say out of the recent ad hominem filled DIRECT personal attacks on devs from the likes of man boy Asmongold or bloated ego Bellular you at least kept it sort of civil so... Bravo? So tired of unconstructive Hokum hot takes like this
Agreed. Watching man baby cry about TBC was embarrassing. I can't believe people follow that guy like a religion, bizzare stuff.

The #nochanges crowd are the worst. The chronoboom thing is the best thing they've added to the entire game, and honestly should've been there a year ago. All the stuff is pretty expensive but you don't have to pay for any of it, I'm not and it's not going to ruin my experience if I see a player riding the new mount, I'm not going to go whine on reddit about it.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
It perplexes me that these streamers are so anti-boost, claiming it hurts the game, while at the same time being fine with the current meta of paying a mage to boost you through dungeons.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
It perplexes me that these streamers are so anti-boost, claiming it hurts the game, while at the same time being fine with the current meta of paying a mage to boost you through dungeons.

There's so many issues with this games economy that all I can do is laugh really when people are up in arms about a one-time boost.

Botting is a big issue, but the playerbase directly enables it by buying gold in mass to spend in GDKP's for easy gear.
The mage boosting is ridiculous and it's really a huge shame it was never fixed, but it's a player controlled service done with in-game currency (probably bought though, lol)

I have far more of an issue with a $35 charge to copy one char to a classic-only realm than I do with a boost - players aren't even going to notice the effect the boost has with all the other shit that goes on in this games community.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Agreed. Watching man baby cry about TBC was embarrassing. I can't believe people follow that guy like a religion, bizzare stuff.

The #nochanges crowd are the worst. The chronoboom thing is the best thing they've added to the entire game, and honestly should've been there a year ago. All the stuff is pretty expensive but you don't have to pay for any of it, I'm not and it's not going to ruin my experience if I see a player riding the new mount, I'm not going to go whine on reddit about it.

Completely agree about the #nochanges stuff. I feel like that crowd was the reason why so many things went unfixed for so long due to Blizzard not wanting to hear the outcry that they're ruining the "authentic experience". Things like batching should have been removed ages ago.

Also, I think it's funny that people complain about MTX in TBC like it's ruining the integrity of the game while forgetting that TGC items existed back then, which were essentially just physical loot boxes.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Calling out personal attacks on devs but then calling a fellow poster a try-hard elitist or masochist? Let's be better. There are valid arguments for and against the chronoboon or any changes. I personally don't see the difference either way as I wouldn't really raid log with buffs I would just spend the day of getting them which this doesn't really save. In fact it makes it take a little longer because I feel like I have to store them all the time to preserve as much of the hour or two as possible. At least it killed the dispellers.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

https://ironforge.pro/?player=Hycran-Fairbanks here is a snapshot of a classic wow armory. Basically bis resto and it shows my flex tanking set which is basically bis.

Here's an Icy Veins post about me - https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/to...th-darkmoon-faire-and-insane-in-the-membrane/

Heres my reddit thread with my 21/22 max exalted reputations and my scarab mount.

I started playing Vanilla in December of 2004 and quit in the summer of 2006 to go to University. I never played anything other than Vanilla and classic. No TBC, no retail, no nothing. The fact that you are "vexxed" by my opinion is on you, but my opinion is pretty clear. Notwithstanding that chronoboons are pretty big objective improvement, that was not something I ever wanted, because I wanted to experience the game as it was back in the day, pain and all. Just because you perceive it to be suffering doesn't mean I or the many other thousands of people who still continue to play do. If it were up to me, it would have been a true progressive patch cycle from 1.0 all the way through to Naxx, but the 1.12 talents wasn't that big of a deal in the long run.

Now, you seem to think my opinion is "unconstructive" whatever that means. Ironically, whatever this means is probably accurate. I have no faith that Blizzard has the best interests of Classic or TBC or WOTLK at heart so I want them to change as little as possible. the "purity" of the game to me helps to create the environment of the game as closely to the original as possible, but also helps to keep Blizzards greedy, cash grubbing fingers out of the matter.

If I wanted to play a game with modern conveniences, I would. But I don't. I only wanted to play classic, and I did. I find that a lot of the modern conveniences actually take away from the community aspect of the game, and chronoboons are no exception. Whether you want to get your knickers in a knot about this is up to you. Now that TBC is coming out, i'm done, so you won't have to worry about me and whatever it is that i'm doing.

daiquiri

Jan 24, 2018
Does anyone know what time on the 18th the pre-patch goes live? Guesses welcome if no one knows for sure.

I have a day off on Tuesday 18th but guessing the pre-patch may actually drop on the 19th UK time.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
https://ironforge.pro/?player=Hycran-Fairbanks here is a snapshot of a classic wow armory. Basically bis resto and it shows my flex tanking set which is basically bis.

Here's an Icy Veins post about me - https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/to...th-darkmoon-faire-and-insane-in-the-membrane/

Heres my reddit thread with my 21/22 max exalted reputations and my scarab mount.

I started playing Vanilla in December of 2004 and quit in the summer of 2006 to go to University. I never played anything other than Vanilla and classic. No TBC, no retail, no nothing. The fact that you are "vexxed" by my opinion is on you, but my opinion is pretty clear. Notwithstanding that chronoboons are pretty big objective improvement, that was not something I ever wanted, because I wanted to experience the game as it was back in the day, pain and all. Just because you perceive it to be suffering doesn't mean I or the many other thousands of people who still continue to play do. If it were up to me, it would have been a true progressive patch cycle from 1.0 all the way through to Naxx, but the 1.12 talents wasn't that big of a deal in the long run.

Now, you seem to think my opinion is "unconstructive" whatever that means. Ironically, whatever this means is probably accurate. I have no faith that Blizzard has the best interests of Classic or TBC or WOTLK at heart so I want them to change as little as possible. the "purity" of the game to me helps to create the environment of the game as closely to the original as possible, but also helps to keep Blizzards greedy, cash grubbing fingers out of the matter.

If I wanted to play a game with modern conveniences, I would. But I don't. I only wanted to play classic, and I did. I find that a lot of the modern conveniences actually take away from the community aspect of the game, and chronoboons are no exception. Whether you want to get your knickers in a knot about this is up to you. Now that TBC is coming out, i'm done, so you won't have to worry about me and whatever it is that i'm doing.

I think you're 100% right about the conveniences taking away the community. There could be an argument about the slippery slope if we didn't already see it play out exactly like this for retail WoW. I think the #NoChanges movement (movement may be overstating it) just put some constraints on what was acceptable to change and kept things loyal to the spirit of Classic if not exactly the same which is sort of impossible. I don't think the hashtag itself had much of an effect but I think the people in charge of Classic at the time were passionate about the spirit of Classic and maintaining that. Classic for the most part definitely captured that same sense of the game from back then for me even though I started in TBC. Having just done the Water totem quest, there's some BS about trekking all around the world but there's also something special about it. A rite of passage that's just part of playing the game and something that every shaman had to go through. A shared experience that we can all gripe about but also kind of love that we can all gripe about it. A community! Every NE druid had to figure out how to get to Stormwind and get murdered by monsters in the Wetlands. Every warrior gets to grumble about accidentally pulling one extra mob during leveling and getting destroyed while watching a mage clear out the entire zone. It's not balanced and it's not "fun" in the moment but the intangibles are invaluable.

I've said this before but nobody remembers when they hit a button to queue up for a raid but people still talk about the massive wars to get into, say, BWL or the drama of opening the gates. Yeah it's kind of frustrating in the moment but the sense of community and shared history overcomes all of that by far. I'll always remember grinding my heart out and doing the epic quest for my swift flight form. Who's going to remember just walking up to the trainer and hitting a button?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Got one last naxx tonight! GDKP so hopefully I can make a bit of money before TBC and use my one and only set of chronobooned buffs. Might as well burn through some consumes too. I'll need the bag space.