• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I cannot believe how much of the magic is back for me. I played from the original beta through Cataclysm and then really didn't return.
But this has it's hooks in me and I didn't realize how much I miss Azeroth. Also the playerbase has been extremely helpful again. Going back to server play and not cross-server has repercussions and so far they're positive.

And OMG WORLD PVP!!! 💕

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I have work and stuff so I haven't been able to play much, but I'm 15 on my vanilla recreation character. It's so nice to see the community aspect of the game return with classic I missed that so much

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Alliance raided Razor Hill yesterday on my server; about 30 of them. We formed a raid and drove them out, then took the show to STV via the Zeppelin, swam to Westfall, crossed through Elwynn into Redridge, and raided Lakeshire. Then the Stormwind army of people showed up and we eventually got rekt, but it was SO. FUN.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Alliance raided Razor Hill yesterday on my server; about 30 of them. We formed a raid and drove them out, then took the show to STV via the Zeppelin, swam to Westfall, crossed through Elwynn into Redridge, and raided Lakeshire. Then the Stormwind army of people showed up and we eventually got rekt, but it was SO. FUN.
My favorite part is the actual war we create. For the Alliance!

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure patch 1.12, which is what this version of classic is based on, got rid of the debuff limit.

I will say, for all you rogues out there, please don't use expose armor in instances where a warrior is tanking. It doesn't stack with sunder and makes life harder.

It expanded the limit, but didn't get rid of it. As far as I know.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to try this out for a month. I haven't played retail for a few months either. The last expansion was so-so and I'm not usually one to keep subbed to an MMO for more than a couple months at a time anyway. Anyway, I largely loathed old WoW and never really got into the game much until Wrath came out. A lot of that may have to do with the fact that I was in school at the time and I rolled a Hunter which was just some micro-management hell for someone that never really dabbled in an MMO before.

But I got a month last night just to see and you know what? It's not as bad as I remember it. Granted, I decided to roll a mage this time, but still.

The sense of community is incredible compared to retail. There were a couple of people making bags for free at the mailbox in Brill last night. One was even taking donations of materials so that they could give new players free bags as they came in.

People were just randomly requesting groups in order to tackle missions that I also happened to be doing at the same time. I started to do the same when I noticed someone else in the same area as me.

I don't recall the last time I have seen something like that happen in any game, let alone in WoW.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
level 34 and kind of have a little bit of gold madness where all i care about is money

once my mount is purchased i will calm down a bit and get back to being chill and not worrying about anything

have about 60g so far, shouldnt be a problem

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Made it to 39 but couldn't stomach another level tonight, so the mount will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm sitting at 50g so I'm definitely going to need to borrow for my mount, I honestly can't wait, I spent tonight walking slowly through grey, depressing Desolace and it ate away at my will to live.

I am also in dire need of a new mainhand but slow swords are few and far between. I got the one from the SM quest today which is great for my off hand. I think Uldaman will be my best bet in a few levels.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Retail I play pretty much solo, tired of the "speed" dungeon runs, and the "job" raiding feels like. So the solo content I play 1 expansion behind for the most part, I enjoy the content, I enjoy the world and I stop to spell the proverbial roses as it were.

While I do not see a long time investment in Classic for me, just because the world is much smaller (at least for now), I very much enjoy the boost to social engagement with my fellow players. Nostalgia goggles and all.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Tanked Ragefire today.. man it feels like as a warrior at that point your kit is non-existent. No AoE! Taunt feels like I'm politely asking a mob to hit me for a few swings before it turns back to the rogue.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm loving it. This is the best version of WoW.
Wholeheartedly agree. This is the Azeroth that made me fall in love with the game, and while I like a lot of what came after vanilla and TBC, this general era of the game and the systems that it had are my sweet spot for MMO enjoyment. And I think I'm having an even better time than I had back in the day (and I had a blast back then). Back then it was just my cousin and I leveling and then raiding together. Now I have a very active discord and growing guild with 11 of my friends and family, some of which are entirely new to WoW, and we're all having the best time together.

I am so happy.

AzureSky

Dec 11, 2017
Spiders are just worse pets than cats, right? There's not like some special spider with a different attack speed or anything?

spiders have poor ability selection, only can learn bite/growl/cower. Cats can have bite/growl/cover/prowl/claw/dash, much more flexible.
Try bats / carion bird, they can learn screech. It is much more useful than the low damage suggests. Attack debuff is very usefull to have, its the only ability that can generate hate against multiple targets. Well, thunderstomp can too, but cooldown is too long.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I am having fun with this, I wasnt even going to play.. but my brother was hyped and and I got a vit nostalgic to play in the world and caved in.

I played the beta in 2014 and once it was released in retail I bought but I was the Only one with a job at the time so everyone outleveled me so I called it quits quite early and decided to hate everything wow =p

Lvl 26 dwarf hunter and currently further than I ever was before. Wetlands.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really laughing at everyone who argued it's all nostalgia, most will quit before 30lvl and go to retail.

Game is simply great design wise in larger scope, it really hasn't aged.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Pretty sure patch 1.12, which is what this version of classic is based on, got rid of the debuff limit.

I will say, for all you rogues out there, please don't use expose armor in instances where a warrior is tanking. It doesn't stack with sunder and makes life harder.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. By 1.12 I had rerolled priest and spent most of my time worrying about downranking and mana regen instead of the debuff limit.

This time I'm finally playing a mage - time to complete the cloth crew. Free drinks are great but I miss life tap and frontloading spells. On the other hand, I can aoe grind soon.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Finalised my first deadmines run. Got super lucky on the drops, got eh blue staff and ring. Between that and quest items I feel like I'm basically twice as strong now. Crazy how much of a difference it makes.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh man Ashenvale is so much better than Stonetalon imo. I ditched Stonetalon pretty quickly, awful questing.
I don't know why but I just never really enjoyed it. I think I actually went the whole of 1-60 with my warrior without doing Blackfathom Deeps, though once I learnt of its existence I did it on my next character.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
All you talking about 40+ gold, and I'm sitting at like 2 silver at 15 on a gather/gather character crying.in a corner
Every time I got above 1g I immediately dinged and had to train and it dropped below. I am finally sitting at 2g (not long to 20)... but I've already made peace with the fact I won't have the 80g when I hit 40 for a mount. Unless something changes anyway!

I'm actually OK with that. I don't really feel the need to rush around.

EDIT: Tailoring/enchanting, so most of my drops are funnelled straight into the professions (not that they're particularly high either).

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I sell 6 slot bags for dirt cheap as a public service, though it's more rewarding to hang out in Brill and do it in person (just craft them for free if given mats). Did so last night, even managed to get a few people out of their RP shells.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but... auctioning below vendor still doesn't make any sense then.

I mean I would like to sell some bags but people sell them below 2s.
Buy them, vendor them and put your own up for sale. Double profit!
Every time I got above 1g I immediately dinged and had to train and it dropped below. I am finally sitting at 2g (not long to 20)... but I've already made peace with the fact I won't have the 80g when I hit 40 for a mount. Unless something changes anyway!

I'm actually OK with that. I don't really feel the need to rush around.

EDIT: Tailoring/enchanting, so most of my drops are funnelled straight into the professions (not that they're particularly high either).
You definitely start getting more money naturally when you get closer to 30, with the vendor trash you get from mobs going up in value and the levels taking longer. I'm "already" at 10 gold at level 27 and that's with disenchanting all my quest rewards and not selling anything on the auction house (in fact I've been handing out wands to lowbies for free)

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but... auctioning below vendor still doesn't make any sense then.

I mean I would like to sell some bags but people sell them below 2s.
Highly recommend VendorPrice and/or Auctionator (or similar) to make these decisions easy!

You definitely start getting more money naturally when you get closer to 30, with the vendor trash you get from mobs going up in value and the levels taking longer. I'm "already" at 10 gold at level 27 and that's with disenchanting all my quest rewards and not selling anything on the auction house (in fact I've been handing out wands to lowbies for free)
Don't give me false hope! D:

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
Leveled my hunter up to 20, but will take a break from classic and focus more on retail. Played back then and i like the nostalgia, but the game isn't that satisfying enough for me anymore.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
So, I never actually understood this but how does "increases damage done by shadow spells or effects" say on an off-hand works and how much damage does it, how do you calculate it? and is it worth sacrificing stamina and intellect for more of that said damage?

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if Decursive is working in Wow Classic? Or is there something similar for a mage to track curses?