• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
Funny enough I got the two basic names I wanted in game no problem, the one made up name I went for was taken. May Gronk be well served whatever he is.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
If Classic is successful enough, I really just want new content to build from Classic. TBC and WOTLK had so much terrible writing and fuck ups in game design (focusing on endgame only) that I really don't think it should be repeated. We've already seen the endpoint of that style of game design, they should try again using Classic as a base.

This time without Kael and Illidan and Lady Vashj getting character assassinated.

Moriko

May 17, 2018
NYC
Played for an hour and already got burned out. I was super excited to play it all day, but I guess the experience cant be replicated for me again or playing it back in the day for probably 200+ days still didn't wear off.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they just let me play retail while I'm in the queue. It's 4 am in EU and there's still a 4000 queue on my realm.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
THD8cFj.jpg

See you tomorrow after work, lol

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
My friend that came to when in Mists is a fan. He already doesnt want to go on the server he made already because hes already invested so much in his character so far (his server had a huge queue and he got in on kromcrush as just a temp thing). It was fun to see his perspective on things as someone with no direct experience with vanilla.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be Alliance, dwarf rogue unless I have a last minute change of heart. What will your name be? I'll add you.

I'll add you! Thanks

Not sure I'm going to level very fast, started med school last week, it's rather intense, but I'm going to try to get some time in when I can.
My name is Aleous!

Grobb is a great server so far.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Spent $20 CAD for a month, already having regrets. 15 years later, can't even get enough servers? FFS Blizzard, you suck ass.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Spent $20 CAD for a month, already having regrets. 15 years later, can't even get enough servers? FFS Blizzard, you suck ass.
See this is my dilemma. Looks like it would be fun to play, but dropping $20 bucks I think I might regret it pretty fast. Especially when I already have other games on the go.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot how frustrating warrior levelling is in between weapon upgrades... but it's always extremely satisfying getting that kill at 2% hp when the enemy's swing timer is on like 0.5s!

Hopefully there's no queues on Mograine when I can get on tomorrow.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Level 8 and 4 hours in and I'm already getting a bit tired of it. A lot of aspects of this feels extremely dated, which is what I feared. I feel like 90% of what I've done so far is just waiting around for something to happen, be it something spawning, waiting in line to click on something because only 1 person can click on it at a time, or a number of other things where I've just gotten too used to QoL changes over the years.

I still want to try to hit 60 because Vanilla is the only thing I haven't hit max level on, but man... I can already tell it's going to be a long, monotonous journey.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get off work till 5am hopefully I can get a taste before going to sleep. I already subbed for 6 months with old Amazon discounted blizzard gift cards.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
I am hearing that people are queuing to kill quest mobs. Combine that with queues for subscribing and the typical server queues you can have 3 layers of queues (although you can skip the mob queue, that would be the true classic experience since rarely anyone queued for mobs in 2004).

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
DC'ed as well but my friend was lucky and still in. Whew. Only made it to level 6 but I did have a good time. The game is surprisingly social even compared to modern games. I talked to a ton of people about temp parties for mob tags, questions about objectives, and other stuff. Great time!

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I'm legitimately mindblown that 15 years later Blizzard would re-launch WoW with the exact same server to player ratio as the original, this is true authenticity.

The only thing that could make this more authentic would be if the game or server crashed and my queue timer was reset.

5 hours in queue with 2-3 to go.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legitimately mindblown that 15 years later Blizzard would re-launch WoW with the exact same server to player ratio as the original, this is true authenticity.

The only thing that could make this more authentic would be if the game or server crashed and my queue timer was reset.

I read quite recently that they upped the server capacity compared to 2004, so that Full on a '04 server is equivalent to Medium on today's servers.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
i found one with the lowest queue.. made a character and started spamming enter when world server error came up. After several tries i got in. My friend took double digit tries though.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This literally just happened to a number of streamers. EK side of their server all went down, and now theyre all stuck in the same queue as the rest of us.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

I don't think it's a question of if they can get more servers. It's just trying not to open too many servers and ending up with ghost towns in 6 months. I think they were probably too conservative but I'd rather too few than too many.

See this is my dilemma. Looks like it would be fun to play, but dropping $20 bucks I think I might regret it pretty fast. Especially when I already have other games on the go.

Depends on your gaming habits. I spent $85 Australian dollars for 6 months, that's like the price of 1 new game (less really). I'll only really be playing WoW for that time so for me it's super cheap.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I read quite recently that they upped the server capacity compared to 2004, so that Full on a '04 server is equivalent to Medium on today's servers.

Ah yeah I saw that, but I meant the ratio as in capacity vs player count, for example in my region it launched with a single pvp server so my only choice is to queue for an estimated 8 hours because I logged in 15-20 minutes after it launched.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Be careful what you wish for lol

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
I've been sitting in queue for a good few hours now. Asmon just got dc'd and is 18000 in queue now with 155k viewers. Goddamn.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing on a laptop with no mouse for the time being. When I'm moving, I can't move the cursor at all. I can only move it when I'm standing still.

Any fix to this?

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have any estimates how many people are playing in total? Server sizes are now massive compared to Vanilla WoW. Also keep in mind WoW at teh start only had a maximum of 400,000 players for the first few weeks since the only way to play was to have a retail copy and they stopped shipping the game for a bit to stabilize the servers.