• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to doing the class-specific quests again. I remember doing them on several classes, but the only class I really did them all on was Warlock of course. I loved learning how to summon all the different demons back in the day, but not sure if I want to do that all again because there are so many other classes to try out.

I'm conflicted.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
~2 hours to go, and here I am at the character creation screen again.

Played Warlock in regular WoW, almost exclusively, for a long time. It's pretty much all I know.
Kind of want to roll a Priest but I heal in FFXIV. Not sure how healing works in this game.
Hunter seems like it could be fun/different, but it is (or was) frowned upon. Also not sure how needed they are for things.
I've never tanked, maybe I should try that.

Assuming the queues are going to be bad, there isn't much room for experimentation early on.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any logical reason for majority of streamers picking the same server?
seems to make obvious business sense. can do stuff with other streamers and combine fanbases.

plus the chat:
xl1an4hnnl531.jpg

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Is there any logical reason for majority of streamers picking the same server?

You have to consider how having big streamers with 10s of thousands of people watching them completely alters the dynamics of the server. Someone like Asmongold will have 30 or more sycophants following him around everywhere he goes.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
~2 hours to go, and here I am at the character creation screen again.

Played Warlock in regular WoW, almost exclusively, for a long time. It's pretty much all I know.
Kind of want to roll a Priest but I heal in FFXIV. Not sure how healing works in this game.
Hunter seems like it could be fun/different, but it is (or was) frowned upon. Also not sure how needed they are for things.
I've never tanked, maybe I should try that.

Assuming the queues are going to be bad, there isn't much room for experimentation early on.

Hunter is fine. There was stigma way back when for a few reasons, but I doubt that will carry over to classic much. They are a versatile ranged DPS class and actually required for some raid bosses.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I have to play night elf with since my buddies are all going NE and we want to level together.

we need a tank but NE warriors are.... ehhhh

oh well, i'm playing classic for fun I need to get that min max shit out of my mind.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Since I can't even buy a sub, I have time to spare and I am wondering which class to choose between Pally and Hunter. In the last hour I have eliminated druid and rogue. I thought that hunter would be a great choice but it seems they're not as strong as I thought (according to various sites and youtube commentaries)? MOREOVER, dat T2 pally armor. :3

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Since I can't even buy a sub, I have time to spare and I am wondering which class to choose between Pally and Hunter. In the last hour I have eliminated druid and rogue. I thought that hunter would be a great choice but it seems they're not as strong as I thought (according to various sites and youtube commentaries)? MOREOVER, dat T2 pally armor. :3

Strong at what? Hunters aren't a great DPS class in raids but they are still necessary to have. In open world PVP they crap on basically everything. Hunters are also quite possibly the easiest class to level as they can tag mobs with ease, have a pet to tank damage so there's little downtime. T2 pally armor is amazing, no doubt.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Can someone explain what the player "layers" are? Is it basically instanced world zones on the same realm?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Can't decide between Priest or Mage. Never tried healing before in WoW and quite like healing in general but Mage's look pretty cool too.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many people will be playing at launch hour vs the actual 2004 launch? And how many servers did WoW actually launch with? Remember which one I was on but forget how many others existed

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Conflicted whether to go Warlock or Shaman. Both are classes I never touched in Vanilla, and I want to play something with a lot of class flavor. Alternatively would go Paladin, but don't want to be stuck as a buff bot if I stick with Classic and make it to endgame.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Conflicted whether to go Warlock or Shaman. Both are classes I never touched in Vanilla, and I want to play something with a lot of class flavor. Alternatively would go Paladin, but don't want to be stuck as a buff bot if I stick with Classic and make it to endgame.

Warlock is definitely easier to level, and while not top of the pack isn't really a pariah at endgame (not to mention people love having a summoner.)
Vanilla shaman has a lot of quirks but can be oddly satisfying.