• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Man, I have several 110 boosts available to use, and several characters I havent touched in years...

Whats the overall experience of players who start a brand new character with a boost? With news of the level squish, im not sure I want to do a fresh leveling run at this point.

I only used a boost on a class I was already familiar with because otherwise I feel like I can't properly learn a class without leveling from scratch.

but I'm sure that's more about my way of playing that how others approach it.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The blue placeholder cube on the backseat has been fixed already to be a proper little object.

Xolartios is the NPC that appears to offer the quest.

nVeADeL.png
WFWZfjz.png

You get the new hearthstone today too and the animation is awesome.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
With the Shadowlands demo open, we've been able to have an early look at the talents in the next expansion. While there is a level squish, with the max level going from 120 to 60, seven talent rows remain. These level rows are:
  • Row 1 - level 15
  • Row 2 - level 25
  • Row 3 - level 30
  • Row 4 - level 35
  • Row 5 - level 40
  • Row 6 - level 45
  • Row 7 - level 50
As the level cap in Shadowlands is 60, it appears there are no new talents earned when leveling from BFA's level cap to the next level

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Presumably the focus all the newly learned "talents" into the Covenant experience. I just hope they've actually learned their lesson from the "messiness" comment they made a few months back and don't strip all this stuff away from us upon 10.0.

ALSO there's a chance they're not revealing everything in the demo and are saving things for the What's Next. Who knows what updates and stuff they have planned. I hate to reference the "EXCITING THINGS" tweet again but there was a promise made there, however unofficially it may have been, and he knew the risk of tweeting something like that without something to back it up with.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy to hear about the level squish - been hoping they'd do something like that for years.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So how does the leveling experience work with the squish? Is 1-20 like vanilla, and 30-35 BC or Lich King, etc?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So how does the leveling experience work with the squish? Is 1-20 like vanilla, and 30-35 BC or Lich King, etc?

I think it's super unlikely that we are going to go be expected to go through the majority of expansions we level up. There might be full on scaling past a certain point where you can level up anywhere until 50. Like, say, get to 20 on azeroth and the next 30 levels can be any mix of expansion zones in any order.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's super unlikely that we are going to go be expected to go through the majority of expansions we level up. There might be full on scaling past a certain point where you can level up anywhere until 50. Like, say, get to 20 on azeroth and the next 30 levels can be any mix of expansion zones in any order.
That would be smart.

Let's see how they mess it up.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

but will they fix the flying unlock process?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Watching this overwatch panel, and it feels like all the good developers are on the overwatch team. All the stuff there sounds incredible, and WoW all expansion has felt like recycled ideas, only made worse. :(

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we all had hopes and dreams, like no more faction boundaries, entirely new Alt-related systems, etc?

good times

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised the Anniversary event starts Tuesday. I thought it was on Nov 15.

I want my Deathwing mount.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm ready for the What's Next panel so we can have more information and make more conclusions and speculation based on 45 minutes of dedicated information about Shadowlands.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Tirion totally shoulda put the helmet on. He could've taken Sylvanas

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if the level squish is to allow characters from classic to transition to endgame main WoW

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
This panel has changed my mind from being underwhelmed to being hyped about the Qol stuff

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Not watching the panel as I came in late...but now I'm super curious on if they actually commit to the Sylvanas = evil camp.

The MMO-champ description certainly makes it sound that way, and I'm not honestly holding my breath at this point in time....so I guess Sylv just allied herself with the death god(s) in order to keep from going into the hell-that-is-the-afterlife of being killed by frostmourne?

Which....we've still seen zero actual motivation/discussion of motives on for an entire expansion and a half to suggest otherwise.......so who knows, lol.

Also...if she always had the power to do this (unless we assume she didn't get enough 'power' til midway through the war), why would she waste her time with the horde and the forsaken when she no longer cares about them?

(Honestly it's probably because Blizz had to course correct the old storyline, but I guess we'll just have to wait and find out)

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Which....we've still seen zero actual motivation/discussion of motives on for an entire expansion and a half to suggest otherwise.......so who knows, lol.

Also...if she always had the power to do this (unless we assume she didn't get enough 'power' til midway through the war), why would she waste her time with the horde and the forsaken when she no longer cares about them?

(Honestly it's probably because Blizz had to course correct the old storyline, but I guess we'll just have to wait and find out)

Ion said her power grew with her alliance with the Jailer (the head of the Maw). He's probably the first big end boss we face until we face whoever is behind him.

I think her motivation has been both her obsession and repulsion with death. She hates what was done to her and wants everything to pass into the veil beyond. The infusion of death power may have pushed her into it since her partner, the Jailer benefits from all these souls pouring into the Maw now.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Watching this overwatch panel, and it feels like all the good developers are on the overwatch team. All the stuff there sounds incredible, and WoW has had this problem with stagnation for a while. Word sucked, legion was great, BFA has sucked. So many recycled ideas.

The story of shadowlands sounds cool but if it's just "Champion! Gather more souls by doing these same world quests over and over!" then the story or how good it looks... none of that shit will matter.

BASICALLY WHAT IM SAYIN IS IM SKEPTICAL.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Well if the leak is true and there is certain stuff that suggest it is the motivation of sylvanas is to gather souls because nzoth wants to free the other old gods.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Ion said her power grew with her alliance with the Jailer (the head of the Maw). He's probably the first big end boss we face until we face whoever is behind him.

I think her motivation has been both her obsession and repulsion with death. She hates what was done to her and wants everything to pass into the veil beyond. The infusion of death power may have pushed her into it since her partner, the Jailer benefits from all these souls pouring into the Maw now.

Maybe, but that still doesn't really explain her change in motivation from the Before the Storm book - in which we actually SEE her motives/thoughts explained.

And while things can certainly change after the Calia's intervention and the Desolate council trying to broker peace with the humans, we see....literally no evidence of that.

Blizzard's insistence on keeping us in the dark is just silly at this point - though I imagine we'll get another book at some point to retcon the situation, it doesn't make it any less odd.

Sylvanas, pre-BfA, was protect the Forsaken, protect the horde, and not die/go back to the darkness that is her afterlife (as a result of being killed by frostmourne).

After/during BfA, that apparently changes to....twirl the evil mustache, fuck off from the horde/forsaken, and...rule (jointly or not) as a death goddess? (of which the last is kinda-sorta indicated by the three sisters comic)

Well if the leak is true and there is certain stuff that suggest it is the motivation of sylvanas is to gather souls because nzoth wants to free the other old gods.

Why would Sylv work with N'zoth tho?

Ashzara made a bargain to keep her people alive and 'stay' Queen - what similar benefit does Sylvanas get? Rule over a death realm?

I don't know if I buy that change in motivation as being so.....comedically 'evil overlord' of her - especially considering Blizz, at one time, hyped up her planning/forethought compared to Garrosh.

Of course...if she ends up a raid boss in a 'later' expansion, I suppose we don't....quite get Garrosh 2.0.

Someone stated on MMO-champ that she's empowering the jailor to make sure that the 'really bad stuff' stays locked in the shadow realm, i.e. hard woman making hard decisions, but I feel that's too close to what they pulled with Illidan to duplicate it so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.