• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
SO the word on the street is that you'll be able to group up with any faction come 9.0. There's been a lot of leaks( yea probably fake) but also Belullar did a really good video on this like a few days ago, and even the new Thrall and Jaina cinematics points to this.

Honestly, letting people choose which faction they want to play no matter their race is a good idea.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
SO the word on the street is that you'll be able to group up with any faction come 9.0. There's been a lot of leaks( yea probably fake) but also Belullar did a really good video on this like a few days ago, and even the new Thrall and Jaina cinematics points to this.
Honestly, letting people choose which faction they want to play no matter their race is a good idea.

Sure and it would help with player base.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't see how that would work storywise. Yeah, sure, Jaina, Anduin, Thrall, Saurfang and Baine might be ok with this, but the night elves? The forsaken? I'm not so sure they could so easily work together after Teldrassil. And Sylvanas + Blightcaller would need to be removed from the Horde altogether at that point. I could see them becoming raid bosses in 8.3 or 8.4 though. Unsurprisingly.

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
Before BfA I could have seen most of the races going for it but it's a hard sell to imagine the Gilneans and Night Elves being ok with it now. It wasn't just Sylvanas that burnt down Teldrassil and slaughtered all the Nelfs and Gilneans there. All the Horde are complicit in it and I don't think telling the Alliance "Yeah, we burnt down your world tree and commited genocide against you but we felt bad doing it" is going to be enough to smooth things over with Greymane and Tyrande.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how that would work storywise. Yeah, sure, Jaina, Anduin, Thrall, Saurfang and Baine might be ok with this, but the night elves? The forsaken? I'm not so sure they could so easily work together after Teldrassil. And Sylvanas + Blightcaller would need to be removed from the Horde altogether at that point. I could see them becoming raid bosses in 8.3 or 8.4 though. Unsurprisingly.

Soft factions in that you can't go into either factions cities but you can still group with them.

Just a guess.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
How are you all making a lot of cash in 8.2? I tried making a couple of the new Insc trinkets but they're not selling and I always get undercut. I have no time anymore to play AH games. They're up for 140k and no one was biting.

Also, fuck this ridiculous horde alliance imbalance in war mode. Makes me so sad.

I want to play with some folks I care about and have a second home online beyond my allaince guild (where I barely have any friends anymore to begin with)

Are any of you in a cool horde guild that wouldn't mind extra casual friends joining? I might look into making a DH or something on a new server. All my current horde toons are on Malganis.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Flew around Mechagon the full 20 minutes of my jetpack. Didn't see a single fucking rare. This shit is just embarrassing at this point.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Before BfA I could have seen most of the races going for it but it's a hard sell to imagine the Gilneans and Night Elves being ok with it now. It wasn't just Sylvanas that burnt down Teldrassil and slaughtered all the Nelfs and Gilneans there. All the Horde are complicit in it and I don't think telling the Alliance "Yeah, we burnt down your world tree and commited genocide against you but we felt bad doing it" is going to be enough to smooth things over with Greymane and Tyrande.
They backpedaled a bit from that in 8.1 by making it seem that Genn and Tyrande really just want Sylvanas's head, and it's kinda clear that's why they were eager to get past the whole complicit in genocide thing. They've butchered Tyrande's characterization so many times now I wouldn't be surprised if she just accepts the compromise of the Horde effectively ousting her as warchief.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From a gameplay perspective they've really screwed the pooch on faction balance this expo. Doesn't matter what area of the game, raiding, world pvp, battlegrounds, mythic+ from top to bottom it kinda sucks being in the Alliance this expo.

Dissolving the factions would be fine with me. Without extreme overcorrection it'll only continue to get worse.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Nazjatar is probably the worst I've ever seen the faction imbalance. The battle event ends up 0 to 3000 more often than not and there isn't a single alliance around to kill in order to flag for rewards.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem with nazjatar is related to sharding rather than faction imbalance because I've been on alliance side where there is little horde resistance more often than not. Especially if I join a raid using LFG tool.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
It's the dumb sharding that's in place that's causing the imbalance, but Horde does dominate Alliance anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
The shame is the world pvp there is actually pretty tight. Feels good too. But the battles have not been tight at all. I think people join raids and leave if they're losing, so it gets lopsided. Dunno how they can fix that though tbh.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
So is sharding just broken? That has to be fixable right? Even if it's a limit on how many can be in war mode at any one time. Fucking queue people up if you have to.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
How are you all making a lot of cash in 8.2? I tried making a couple of the new Insc trinkets but they're not selling and I always get undercut. I have no time anymore to play AH games. They're up for 140k and no one was biting.

Also, fuck this ridiculous horde alliance imbalance in war mode. Makes me so sad.

I want to play with some folks I care about and have a second home online beyond my allaince guild (where I barely have any friends anymore to begin with)

Are any of you in a cool horde guild that wouldn't mind extra casual friends joining? I might look into making a DH or something on a new server. All my current horde toons are on Malganis.

You can join us. I'm up to 3 ERA folks so why not add a fourth?

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
I've always found it hilarious how WoW players get so angry with store mounts, but a game like FFXIV has 100s of store items but it's OK with that game. It make no sense. If you don't want to buy it don't buy it. I think I have one or 2 store mounts and that was only so I could get those meta mount achievements.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I've always found it hilarious how WoW players get so angry with store mounts, but a game like FFXIV has 100s of store items but it's OK with that game. It make no sense. If you don't want to buy it don't buy it. I think I have one or 2 store mounts and that was only so I could get those meta mount achievements.

Agreed. People just LOVE to be angry about WoW these days and seem to be fucking frustrated about everything. It grates on my nerves, haha.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The outrage that cosmetic items sparks is laughable, imo. Every MMO does it and why should they leave money on the table, tbh? Having a store bought mount doesn't affect anyone's ability to play the game and, frankly, it's no one's business if someone wants to buy something on there or not.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Pretty simple solution.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
personally i'm more mad about this new mount because it's pretty ugly and now i have to look at it more

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I think the mount is pretty, and It's about time for me to resubscribe, so...I'm happy?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think the mount is pretty, and It's about time for me to resubscribe, so...I'm happy?

The mount looked cool enough for me and, as previously stated, it was essentially free with a slight discount to my monthly sub since I generally go month to month but, lbr, I'm not canceling anytime soon. I may as well get the mount because of it. Welcome back, btw!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
MTX in a subscription MMO doesn't really sit right with me, can't lie.
I definitely feel the same at times, and I'd be more upset of 8.2 didn't have a bunch of new cosmetics to work toward, but it's jam packed with new stuff. While I don't like it I get that MTX is always going to be a thing and as long as it doesn't get in the way of the included content or affect player power, I think it's fine for it to exist.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The mount looked cool enough for me and, as previously stated, it was essentially free with a slight discount to my monthly sub since I generally go month to month but, lbr, I'm not canceling anytime soon. I may as well get the mount because of it. Welcome back, btw!

I can't leave this game for too long. And now I have some juicy stuff to catch up on.

Also, be a dear and set the tide stone, won't you?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Sylvanas and her loyalists are leaving the Horde by the end of BfA, that is 100% happening.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Do you need to grind like hell to play with the allied races like the dark iron dwarves?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Do you need to grind like hell to play with the allied races like the dark iron dwarves?
If you just keep up with emissaries and quests you'll get them organically in a few weeks of playing, but if you want them like right now it's a grind.

The Legion races are definitely a grind since you won't have much reason to head back there any more

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

There's a bit of a grind (Exalted with the 7th Legion), but if you just play normally, focus on the War Campaign, do some world quests on the other continent, and take part in the Alliance vs. Horde invasion world quests, then you'll get it without too much extra effort.

Of all the BFA reputations, 7th Legion / Honorbound is the easiest to rank up imo. You just get rep for them from everything.

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What did they do to the cannons in the last boss of Siege of Boralus? the camera goes all the way into 1st person lol.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If you just keep up with emissaries and quests you'll get them organically in a few weeks of playing, but if you want them like right now it's a grind.

The Legion races are definitely a grind since you won't have much reason to head back there any more
There's a bit of a grind (Exalted with the 7th Legion), but I'd you just play normally, focus on the War Campaign, do some world quests on the other continent, and take part in the Alliance vs. Horde invasion world quests, then you'll get it without too much extra effort.

Of all the BFA reputations, 7th Legion / Honorbound is the easiest to rank up imo. You just get rep for them from everything.
Urgh

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With all the tecnology utopia that is mechagon, you wonder if they could not power up a teleport from the capital cities lol.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I would honestly just settle for a portal from The Great Seal to Zuldazar harbor at this point.

Ion pls

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
With all the tecnology utopia that is mechagon, you wonder if they could not power up a teleport from the capital cities lol.

Horde can teleport there from the submarine again at least. Still need to take the flight to the harbour but its not much further of a run than the mission table from there at least.

And yes, fuck Zandalar's split between the Seal and the Harbour. Truly awful decision. Gorgeous city but by far my least favourite expansion hub yet.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
ikky.PNG

If you thought I only made puns IRL then think again.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Horde can teleport there from the submarine again at least. Still need to take the flight to the harbour but its not much further of a run than the mission table from there at least.

And yes, fuck Zandalar's split between the Seal and the Harbour. Truly awful decision. Gorgeous city but by far my least favourite expansion hub yet.

Yeah, I'm surprised they still haven't brought the portals, trainers and scrapper close to the harbour, they are so far out of the way compared to Boralus.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
There's a bit of a grind (Exalted with the 7th Legion), but I'd you just play normally, focus on the War Campaign, do some world quests on the other continent, and take part in the Alliance vs. Horde invasion world quests, then you'll get it without too much extra effort.

This is definitely true. I resubbed recently and while I've lost track of how long it took to get me up to speed due to levelling 1 1/2 chars on a new server, thanks to my old guild server hopping and indecision on my part, I just hit Azerothian Diplomat (revered with all the BFA 8.0 factions) and paragon with Honorbound (10k beyond exalted for additional rewards) on the same day. My next closest to exalted is Zandalari at 10/11k revered and I've been focusing on them a bit due to wanting the allied race unlock for comparison. This is with doing all the quests in each Horde levelling zone + war campaign & Vol'jin questline up to 8.1, and one week's worth of island expeditions and warfront shenanigans.

TLDR/long story short
Honorbound or 7th Legion are notably quicker to level than the other new factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.