• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I have so much to do like rank up all the reps to revered, all the war campaigns, and complete 100 WQs, etc etc. Should I be doing that or does it really not matter much and should I just skip it all and focus on 8.2 stuff first now?
You'll want Pathfinder Part 1 still to unlock flying, but 8.2 content is where all the rewards are now. I'd focus on that, but don't shy away from doing the old emissaries or war campaign as they pop up.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I resubbed last week and been playing through BFA content. Got to 120 a few days ago, and now with 8.2 I'm a little overwhelmed on what I should focus on.

I played through the first part of 8.2 and unlocked (and completed) the first days world quests in the first zone but now wondering if I should focus on previous stuff like completing Pathfinder part 1 first?

I have so much to do like rank up all the reps to revered, all the war campaigns, and complete 100 WQs, etc etc. Should I be doing that or does it really not matter much and should I just skip it all and focus on 8.2 stuff first now?

Definitely focus on getting Pathfinder done first overall imo but start the wheels rolling on all the other gated Nazjatar and Mechagon stuff.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like this patch. Lot of hidden things in Nazjatar. Not really interested in Mechagon since I don't see any gold making opportunities there besides getting revered for the reputation contract.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Gottem boys!

fIeTh4b.png

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
I resubbed last week and been playing through BFA content. Got to 120 a few days ago...

Just catching up on the thread here, but if you're looking for late-ish west coast players horde side shoot me a PM. I'm in a casual heroic/AOTC guild that runs T/Th at 10 PST. We're on Hyjal (same as Milo), but the raid group is cross-realm.

Hopefully we'll get going again in two weeks when things launch. Like others I'm quite frustrated with the state of raid rewards this expac. Raiding is where it's at for me with this game, but it's so hard to get people to stick with it. After getting Jaina down once our group basically pulled the plug on bfd, because there was just no point for anyone. I feel like that's a real shame because I enjoyed the raid quite a bit.

I think this is mostly loss of set bonuses, and maybe a bit of ilvl tuning issue. I get it that sets were difficult to design, but I'm personally feeling their absence in a pretty major way.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
8.2 just came out and they already put out another Store mount with a 6 month subscription.

Patch 8.3 might not even arrive before December... They are just pushing the end of Q2 due to fiscal report.

Just catching up on the thread here, but if you're looking for late-ish west coast players horde side shoot me a PM. I'm in a casual heroic/AOTC guild that runs T/Th at 10 PST. We're on Hyjal (same as Milo), but the raid group is cross-realm.

Hopefully we'll get going again in two weeks when things launch. Like others I'm quite frustrated with the state of raid rewards this expac. Raiding is where it's at for me with this game, but it's so hard to get people to stick with it. After getting Jaina down once our group basically pulled the plug on bfd, because there was just no point for anyone. I feel like that's a real shame because I enjoyed the raid quite a bit.

I think this is mostly loss of set bonuses, and maybe a bit of ilvl tuning issue. I get it that sets were difficult to design, but I'm personally feeling their absence in a pretty major way.

Sadly it's more because people have moved on from the game due to how class design and how game mechanics are this days. At least that's what my 15 year old vanilla guild that just stopped raiding for the first time justified with.

At some point the Alliance playerbase will effectively cease to exist because the imbalance continues to skew heavily Horde. We've already reached the point where there's 5 Horde guilds reaching endgame for every 1 Alliance guild.

Might as well pull the plug on that now.

Yeah not just that but splitting an already small player base after 15 eyears sea takes its toll on the game.

My problem with this is simple. Warcraft has always been about faction war, how do you move on from this to evolve a franchise which is still based on a game which is gonna be 15 years

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
If you've completed the first part of Flying with your main but decided to make an alt and finish the part 2 flying on an alt, would you still get flying achievement?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It's way too early to make any definitive assessments, but I'm pretty happy with 8.2 so far. Essences are a more interesting system than I was expecting, farming/grinding on mechagon is a nice change of pace, and while nazjatar itself is a fairly standard end-game quest zone, I enjoy the bodyguard stuff and benthic gear/manapearl mechanics. I'm looking forward to finishing pathfinder, Mechagon dungeon opening, and messing around with more essences.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
It's way too early to make any definitive assessments, but I'm pretty happy with 8.2 so far. Essences are a more interesting system than I was expecting, farming/grinding on mechagon is a nice change of pace, and while nazjatar itself is a fairly standard end-game quest zone, I enjoy the bodyguard stuff and benthic gear/manapearl mechanics. I'm looking forward to finishing pathfinder, Mechagon dungeon opening, and messing around with more essences.

I like how there's tons of possibilities in which this bodyguard system can involve.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If I buy BFA, should I just head straight to the new 8.2 locations or nah?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My main complaint is that it's nazjatar-only. Let me bring my little gilgoblin buddy around to Zandalar or Mechagon.

Shout out to Poen, he of the AoE that is both healing rain and blizzard.

If they extend it to any zone or, hell, incorporate it into the mission table again but it works like a fleshed out version of 8.2's? I'm in.

omg, thank you for posting! This is gonna sound unintentionally rude but the other day I was deleting a potential guild recruit from my Real ID and my UI glitched and it deleted SOMEONE ELSE! I am so bad with names and I honestly could not remember who it was on here that was also on Hyjal. I'm a bad friend.

So if you see me missing from your friends list it was not because I hated you, lmao.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's their solution to everyone just using the Water Striders 90% of the time. Now (almost) every mount has the ability to have water walking, daze prevention, and so on with equipment that you can buy from various reputations or craft via professions.

It's weird, but it is nice not to have to have a button dedicated to water striders.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's their solution to everyone just using the Water Striders 90% of the time. Now (almost) every mount has the ability to have water walking, daze prevention, and so on with equipment that you can buy from various reputations or craft via professions.

It's weird, but it is nice not to have to have a button dedicated to water striders.
Ah, fair enough

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man I never even got a water strider. I got that legendary fishing rod tho so i just turn into a fish thing when i swim. if you equip that thing and then mount you get to keep full mount speed in the water too. so i don't actually turn into a fish much i guess lol

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly it's more because people have moved on from the game due to how class design and how game mechanics are this days. At least that's what my 15 year old vanilla guild that just stopped raiding for the first time justified with.

It's part of it for sure, but most of the guild has stayed active in some capacity. Pulling the plug shortly after aotc is pretty normal for us. But with M+ gear generally being better, and no sets, the gear incentive for heroic raiding is basically zero. Half way through progression it was practically a transmog run.

...So if you see me missing from your friends list it was not because I hated you, lmao.

Haha, no problem. Now that you mention it, I remember exchanging some messages a while ago, but not sure on what capacity I got you on my friends list actually... Although almost all my play time is pretty seriously late night for anyone not on PST though.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Haha, no problem. Now that you mention it, I remember exchanging some messages a while ago, but not sure on what capacity I got you on my friends list actually... Although almost all my play time is pretty seriously late night for anyone not on PST though.

I remember being Real ID and chatting periodically but I don't think we ever ended up running anything together. It was tail end of 8.0 when I went on a WoW Sabbatical and logged in only for like... 3 hours a week. Dark times.

Half of my guild is still PST and I'm an ex-PST so I can usually play a bit. But I am getting older. You can add me back (and anyone else who wants to suffer): prophetfive#1343 if you want lol

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
This question might seem really stupid, so sorry in advance but i don't get how we are suppose to hunt rares in Nazjatar and Mechagon? Am i suppose to just ride around and wait for it to randomly spawn? Everytime someone yells in general that someone is up, they are already dead before i can arrive there.

If i'm looking into killing rares my only option is to just ride around?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So what do we want/hope/expect to see in 8.2.5 since it'll probably be a thing?

Obviously we're getting the new goblin and worgen models. I assume we'll get a heroic version of Darkshore. Maybe a war campaign thing. But is there anything else? I'm usually pretty up on WoW news but I don't think I've really seen any kind of talk as to what that may bring. idk - other than the new models, which wouldn't even really need a .5 patch I think I'd almost want them focusing on making 8.3 as big as they could since I think 8.2 is a great effort so far. And if we're going to Nya'lotha (I mean, it's the biggest and most logical guess) I'd want it to be huge and awesome.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
This question might seem really stupid, so sorry in advance but i don't get how we are suppose to hunt rares in Nazjatar and Mechagon? Am i suppose to just ride around and wait for it to randomly spawn? Everytime someone yells in general that someone is up, they are already dead before i can arrive there.

If i'm looking into killing rares my only option is to just ride around?
Camping the spawn areas is the best bet, unfortunately. I think the events that put markers on the map count too, and those happen somewhat regularly, so if you're spending time in Nazjatar the quest should be simple.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

Obviously we're getting the new goblin and worgen models. I assume we'll get a heroic version of Darkshore. Maybe a war campaign thing. But is there anything else? I'm usually pretty up on WoW news but I don't think I've really seen any kind of talk as to what that may bring. idk - other than the new models, which wouldn't even really need a .5 patch I think I'd almost want them on making 8.3 as big as they could since I think 8.2 is a great effort so far. And if we're going to Nya'lotha (I mean, it's the biggest and most logical guess) I'd want it to be huge and awesome.

I'm expecting it to be pretty light, yeah. Just some war campaign-type stuff to bridge the story to 8.3 I guess.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Depending on how 8.3's story shapes up, I could see them chucking in a small side attraction like Deaths of Chromie 2: Die Harder.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
You'll want Pathfinder Part 1 still to unlock flying, but 8.2 content is where all the rewards are now. I'd focus on that, but don't shy away from doing the old emissaries or war campaign as they pop up.
Definitely focus on getting Pathfinder done first overall imo but start the wheels rolling on all the other gated Nazjatar and Mechagon stuff.

Thanks guys, I'm splitting my playtime between 8.2 stuff and getting Pathfinder 1 done as well. Getting all the Benthic gear from 8.2 has made things a bit easier and faster, so that's nice. Doing the 100 WQ's will take a couple days, but im dreading having to get all the races reps to revered. The Tortollan Seekers Im not even friendly with. Almost done with the War Campaign part of the achievement too, just need to get to revered with 7th Legion (almost there) and I can do the last War Campaign to knock that off the list.

Also I think I'm gonna faction change back to Horde (and server hop) after I'm done with this and join some of ya'll on Hyjal. Was a nice change of pace leveling up my first Alliance (always been Horde) but it never felt...right hehe.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Thanks guys, I'm splitting my playtime between 8.2 stuff and getting Pathfinder 1 done as well. Getting all the Benthic gear from 8.2 has made things a bit easier and faster, so that's nice. Doing the 100 WQ's will take a couple days, but im dreading having to get all the races reps to revered. The Tortollan Seekers Im not even friendly with. Almost done with the War Campaign part of the achievement too, just need to get to revered with 7th Legion (almost there) and I can do the last War Campaign to knock that off the list.

Also I think I'm gonna faction change back to Horde (and server hop) after I'm done with this and join some of ya'll on Hyjal. Was a nice change of pace leveling up my first Alliance (always been Horde) but it never felt...right hehe.

I will say that, despite my relative distaste of the Alliance (ESPECIALLY NIGHT ELVES - my hatred is well documented) I vastly preferred their leveling experience in BFA. Though I still like the zones of the horde. Weird.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got some time to try nazjatar...So they straight up implemented candy crush now?

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Me every time I've opened my bags since 8.2. I really need to take some time to figure out what all this shit is before It ends up lost in my banks.

And telling myself NOT to pull 6+ mobs is proving to be difficult. I've actually died a couple times not paying attention.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
giphy.gif

Me every time I've opened my bags since 8.2. I really need to take some time to figure out what all this shit is before It ends up lost in my banks.

And telling myself NOT to pull 6+ mobs is proving to be difficult. I've actually died a couple times not paying attention.

Yeah I went in 340 gear and had to pull stuff carefully

Obviously we're getting the new goblin and worgen models. I assume we'll get a heroic version of Darkshore. Maybe a war campaign thing. But is there anything else? I'm usually pretty up on WoW news but I don't think I've really seen any kind of talk as to what that may bring. idk - other than the new models, which wouldn't even really need a .5 patch I think I'd almost want them focusing on making 8.3 as big as they could since I think 8.2 is a great effort so far. And if we're going to Nya'lotha (I mean, it's the biggest and most logical guess) I'd want it to be huge and awesome.

Honestly i'm not really sure but maybe a tune up to island exp and a new Warfront.

I'm more worried about 8.3 and how they want to keep people subbed for 6 months... I'm still questioning myself if i'm buying the virtual ticket this year even thou

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm more worried about 8.3 and how they want to keep people subbed for 6 months... I'm still questioning myself if i'm buying the virtual ticket this year even thou

I've never bought a virtual ticket. I just haven't wanted anything they've offered with it.

I just picked up Mario Maker 2 and now have to balance that, 8.2 dailies, and finishing Midsummer and I don't know how I'm gonna find the time to balance them all. I guess I'll be playing Mario Maker in between flight paths, lol.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was mage nerfed to oblivion or Nazjatar mobs are just too stronk right now?

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already lost all the interest that I had in the patch.

No one that I know came back, server still empty, AH still garbage, didn't like the new main zone. I thought that this was finally going to be it, that I would be able to play an entire expansion without getting fatigued or leaving, but I was wrong.

It reached a point that I had some free time yesterday and decided to do some extra work instead of playing the game.

(At least Mechagon was cool though)

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
Finally decided to bite the bullet and do the quest for Blood of the Enemy & start grinding the honor for rank 2. I really dislike pvp, but this essence is just so damn good for Ret. Surprisingly first pug PvP island I queued for we ended up winning by about 3k. Don't think I'll bother with Rank 3 until the next honor week.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

No one that I know came back, server still empty, AH still garbage, didn't like the new main zone. I thought that this was finally going to be it, that I would be able to play an entire expansion without getting fatigued or leaving, but I was wrong.

It reached a point that I had some free time yesterday and decided to do some extra work instead of playing the game.

I can see where you coming from with this, I'm just casually going through the story and grinding rep

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I made 1'3 mil since the patch dropped :/

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made 1'3 mil since the patch dropped :/

Good for you. Second day prices were already the same as last patch, a day later they fell even below that.

I managed to make money during the first 8 hours of the patch, then morons took over undercutting by 500g each time.

Each server is different, mine has a garbage AH so that is my experience.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good for you. Second day prices were already the same as last patch, a day later they fell even below that.

Each server is different, mine has a garbage AH so that is my experience.
Well if your server is empty and it has garbage AH, maybe consider leveling an allied race/alt on other server? A new start before the raid could renew your passion.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well if your server is empty and it has garbage AH, maybe consider leveling an allied race/alt on other server? A new start before the raid could renew your passion.

I've already server-hopped twice during the years I've played WoW. I don't see the point of doing that again without any of my friends (the previous hops were to group up).

Status
Not open for further replies.