• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
OMG,,, THAT CROSSROADS CUTSCENE

HOLY SHIY

It was a giant sign saying: "Hey this faction war is stupid, let's work together" again. But at least with the acknowledgement that this happened so many times that even they're sick of it. With this time them thinking it just needs to stop because they still keep thinking of everything in terms of "Alliance this" "horde that". I don't think the factions will go away but I think the ability to play with each other is coming. Could you imagine if they make a Thunderbluff raid that has you play with Horde players as the alliance and vice versa?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Good scene. Still grumpy about some story beats but it is what it is.

Let's get this war campaign shit over and done with and make room for our queen.

300px-Thisalee_Crow.jpg

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
They keep teasing this great unification of Alliance and Horde by calling back to MOP and they're just going to screw it up again.

At this point I'm just doing the Nathanos route to watch the world burn.

Oct 25, 2017
Swear to God if this does not lead to the dissolving or unification of factions I'll flip my shit. Just do it already. Its been way past the breaking point for years.

It's not even just the Narrative being so cyclical it's the fact that the Horde has an ever increasing advantage for top tier mythic guilds and PvP that it's just insurmountable now. Only fix is unification. Refund people who did a switch since BfA started. Just do it

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any good add-ons for the rares on Nazjatar? ive only been able to find one addon and it only has 16 of the 37 rares

Handynotes has one for Mechagon and Nazjatar. Just search for those names in the Twitch app.

By the way if you are farming rep, don't sleep on legendary pet battles. The Naz ones give a total of 3000 rep and the Mecha ones gives less rep, but have guaranteed drops for good crafting items. I got my battle cat mount mostly from pet battle rewards.

I normally skip these or do them when I have nothing left to do, but given how hard rep is to get, this is a good method that doesn't get much attention. Maybe I'll post this to reddit too.

The pet requirement is surprisingly easy. Some only need 2 pets. Guides here if you want.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Swear to God if this does not lead to the dissolving or unification of factions I'll flip my shit. Just do it already. Its been way past the breaking point for years.

It's not even just the Narrative being so cyclical it's the fact that the Horde has an ever increasing advantage for top tier mythic guilds and PvP that it's just insurmountable now. Only fix is unification. Refund people who did a switch since BfA started. Just do it

Well.. Sort of 15 years of build up at this point.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
I re-subbed to try 8.2

ivemadeahugemistake.avi

Art team on their A game once again but everything else is just so.. meh. I feel like I've done this 5 times already, just in new zones. The story, quests, the entire thing is so uninspired and boring.

Phasing out the ass too. Nazjatar story and quests just feel like a really poor single player game.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
They are changing the Runelocked Chest worldquest from having to match 5 things in a row to instead just completing an unspecified amount of total matches. Much better, but no timetable on the change.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I re-subbed to try 8.2

ivemadeahugemistake.avi

Art team on their A game once again but everything else is just so.. meh. I feel like I've done this 5 times already, just in new zones. The story, quests, the entire thing is so uninspired and boring.

Phasing out the ass too. Nazjatar story and quests just feel like a really poor single player game.
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with the new zones. It's more of the same, but feels pretty empty.

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
Spent a good 4-5 hours in Naz last night. I've been on a low-med pop server and it was noticeably more lively last night. The Heart Chamber was crazy and toward the end I flew back to Mezzamere and was greeted with ~80 red nameplates (if anyone is on Emerald Dream Horde I'd seriously like to know what y'all do, lol).

Anyone figured out yet if the Heroic Warfront popped too early or just how in the heck to queue for it? My guild is going to do it tonight if able. They say item level is supposed to be 415 which we're just under. Especially interested to see how it's balanced around only 10 people. I guess a lot of teams of 2 to keep up with all the objectives.

I also was around for a Battle for Nazjatar which is just Arathi Basin with Team Deathmatch scoring adding to the total. Simple, still fun. Although the zone is SO huge and barely know any of the paths so it takes forever to get from one base to the other three. Plus it seems like the kill count (for both players and npcs) outweighs holding the zones. It was basically 2 per faction for the first 20 minutes yet Horde had a near 30% lead in score.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's time to jump back in. Watched the intro cinematic and completely lost as far as story goes

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Anyone figured out yet if the Heroic Warfront popped too early or just how in the heck to queue for it? My guild is going to do it tonight if able. They say item level is supposed to be 415 which we're just under. Especially interested to see how it's balanced around only 10 people. I guess a lot of teams of 2 to keep up with all the objectives.
Warfront isn't launching until PvE Season 3 starts on July 9th, unfortunately.

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
I resubbed on Sunday after not playing for 3 months and my experience with 8.2 so far has been ...okay? Haven't checked out Mechagon but spent ~4 hours in Nazjatar last night. The zone looks awesome and the Naga enemies & architecture is a lot more exciting to me than the demon or faction war-centric stuff we've been doing for the last 3 years. I also like the look of the quest gear from the area and it's nice to see some more interesting effects on gear rather than just ilvl/second stats.

On the negative side, it still just feels like more of the same. We've played zones with content designs like this many times before and have diligently done all the daily quests and rep grinds associated with them. We've done our world quests and Island Expeditions and other parts of the AP grind to get tiny bonuses that don't feel meaningful. The new dungeon/raid content looks like it'll be cool but it's also just more of the same and is not particularly exciting with the current class gameplay & design in WoW. The group PvE content also feels less appealing than in years past because nothing has been done to fix the unsatisfying reward and itemization structure for BfA.

Knowing that the full set of Nazjatar gear I got in a few hours through very little effort on my freshly minted 120 druid alt is equivalent-to or in some cases better-than the Heroic BFD raid gear I spent months farming in 8.1 really drives home how bad raid gear progression feels in this expansion. We're getting expansion-pack level gear resets every single patch, or sometimes even earlier than that through much easier sources like WQs, lucky titanforge rolls, or mid-to-low level M+ dungeons. The Heroic boss my current raid guild was stuck on for the longest amount of time in BFD was Mekkatorque and when we finally got him down we ended up disenchanting almost all of the gear we got because everyone already had better stuff from content sources that took way less effort to succeed at. We finished the two bosses after that on Heroic, Stormwall Blockade and Jaina, not because it was going to allow us to earn exciting rewards or further progress our characters, but because we felt obligated to each other to see it through and to continue what had been a 4-5 year streak of earning AoTC for most of them.

That's just not enough though and my current guild will not be raiding in 8.2 and looks dead for the most part with only a peak of 4 players logged in last night for 8.2's release day. The experience I've witnessed in this expansion through seeing 2 raid guilds I was in die or retire is that players either get heavily into M+ dungeons and the gear that comes from that, or they tune out of the game and stop playing. Raiding at anything lower than the Mythic level no longer feels rewarding and for a lot of us it was the core activity that kept us playing with friends and subscribed to the game.

I'll be perfectly honest that when I finished up on Nazjatar for the day on my druid and looked at the WQs that were up on Kul'Tiras and Zandalar to see if there were any ring or trinkets available and saw the sea of Azerite Power and 200g rewards all over the map, my heart sank. 8.2 is still BfA.

I'm still going to check out Mechagon tonight and I'm hoping it'll feel a little more innovative. I also want to give acquiring more Heart Essences a shot and see if the more targeted and finite reward structure of that feels satisfying. Overall though, I'm kind of regretting resubscribing. It feels like a lot of effort went into making the content in this patch that is going to be largely wasted because of core design problems with the game that they either don't actually agree are problems or aren't able to fix without literal years of additional development time and with completely unknown results. Meanwhile 8.2 still has this albatross of bad class and reward design around its neck. It doesn't matter how cool the Eternal Palace raid is if nobody is around to play it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the new content. Tons of stuff to do. Every day seems to be something new. I really needed some solo content to go through on my rogue, instead of doing old content on an alt.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
shameless but I got my new Uniqlo shirt in the mail today and I really love it. I don't ever wear white shirts (because I'll ruin them) but I just love maps IRL so of course I'd buy an Azeroth map shirt

image0.png

I'm definitely not one of those "I'm too cool for 'gamer' clothing" people but I like that this is kinda simple enough to where you wouldn't really know it was something like that without seeing the Blizzard tag on the bottom seam.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
OMG,,, THAT CROSSROADS CUTSCENE

HOLY SHIY

Just saw it...

YAAAAAASSSSS Jaina make your move QUEEN!!!! So what Thrall's married now that ain't got to mean nothin! You two have HISTORY!!! Next expansion: World of Warcraft: Divorce Court

(...sorry, that's been my ship forever)

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I resubbed on Sunday after not playing for 3 months and my experience with 8.2 so far has been ...okay? Haven't checked out Mechagon but spent ~4 hours in Nazjatar last night. The zone looks awesome and the Naga enemies & architecture is a lot more exciting to me than the demon or faction war-centric stuff we've been doing for the last 3 years. I also like the look of the quest gear from the area and it's nice to see some more interesting effects on gear rather than just ilvl/second stats.

On the negative side, it still just feels like more of the same. We've played zones with content designs like this many times before and have diligently done all the daily quests and rep grinds associated with them. We've done our world quests and Island Expeditions and other parts of the AP grind to get tiny bonuses that don't feel meaningful. The new dungeon/raid content looks like it'll be cool but it's also just more of the same and is not particularly exciting with the current class gameplay & design in WoW. The group PvE content also feels less appealing than in years past because nothing has been done to fix the unsatisfying reward and itemization structure for BfA.

Knowing that the full set of Nazjatar gear I got in a few hours through very little effort on my freshly minted 120 druid alt is equivalent-to or in some cases better-than the Heroic BFD raid gear I spent months farming in 8.1 really drives home how bad raid gear progression feels in this expansion. We're getting expansion-pack level gear resets every single patch, or sometimes even earlier than that through much easier sources like WQs, lucky titanforge rolls, or mid-to-low level M+ dungeons. The Heroic boss my current raid guild was stuck on for the longest amount of time in BFD was Mekkatorque and when we finally got him down we ended up disenchanting almost all of the gear we got because everyone already had better stuff from content sources that took way less effort to succeed at. We finished the two bosses after that on Heroic, Stormwall Blockade and Jaina, not because it was going to allow us to earn exciting rewards or further progress our characters, but because we felt obligated to each other to see it through and to continue what had been a 4-5 year streak of earning AoTC for most of them.

That's just not enough though and my current guild will not be raiding in 8.2 and looks dead for the most part with only a peak of 4 players logged in last night for 8.2's release day. The experience I've witnessed in this expansion through seeing 2 raid guilds I was in die or retire is that players either get heavily into M+ dungeons and the gear that comes from that, or they tune out of the game and stop playing. Raiding at anything lower than the Mythic level no longer feels rewarding and for a lot of us it was the core activity that kept us playing with friends and subscribed to the game.

I'll be perfectly honest that when I finished up on Nazjatar for the day on my druid and looked at the WQs that were up on Kul'Tiras and Zandalar to see if there were any ring or trinkets available and saw the sea of Azerite Power and 200g rewards all over the map, my heart sank. 8.2 is still BfA.

I'm still going to check out Mechagon tonight and I'm hoping it'll feel a little more innovative. I also want to give acquiring more Heart Essences a shot and see if the more targeted and finite reward structure of that feels satisfying. Overall though, I'm kind of regretting resubscribing. It feels like a lot of effort went into making the content in this patch that is going to be largely wasted because of core design problems with the game that they either don't actually agree are problems or aren't able to fix without literal years of additional development time and with completely unknown results. Meanwhile 8.2 still has this albatross of bad class and reward design around its neck. It doesn't matter how cool the Eternal Palace raid is if nobody is around to play it.

Yeah I give one month until people are done with this.

Game needs a huge overhaul in boss class design and PvE content. I won't even get started on progression.

Only a new expansion can fix this

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Yeah I give one month until people are done with this.

Game needs a huge overhaul in boss class design and PvE content. I won't even get started on progression.

Only a new expansion can fix this

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already bored out of my mind. I'm so happy that I can just ignore it and... oh wait no I can't ignore all these mind numbing tasks since I have to do them to unlock flying. Sweet.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Finished as much of Nazjatar as I could with stuff available to me, finished the war campaign, and now I just landed on Mechagon for the first time. But I can't advance the story because I keep doing pet battles. Whoops.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
They keep teasing this great unification of Alliance and Horde by calling back to MOP and they're just going to screw it up again.

At this point I'm just doing the Nathanos route to watch the world burn.

What confuses me is that I would SWEAR Ion said in several interviews in the past that in 8.3 (or leading up to it), someone/something will go 'wrong' in the unification attempts being shown off here (which was hinted to be done by some members of the Alliance) that would squash the 'unification' dreams and bring the war to the forefront of everything in 'the biggest warfront yet'.

Which....maybe things changed, but this feels like a really, REALLY odd story beat with the crossroads now if they're going to backtrack it all later.

Not to mention the whole elephant in the room with Sylvanas and her motivations still being literally unknown to any player, including the people who chose 'her side' during all the horde civil war quests - especially with the intro scene of her telling Nathanos to 'thin out the disloyal' being cartoonishly mustache-twirling.

As for the gear...Benthic is a decent bandaid, but ilevel jumps per tier is just way too out of contorl at this point.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Do they have the balls to remove factions in 9.0? Just let everyone play with everyone? I doubt it but it would be a big (welcome) change.

Purists would always have classic I guess?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Do they have the balls to remove factions in 9.0? Just let everyone play with everyone? I doubt it but it would be a big (welcome) change.

Purists would always have classic I guess?

God dang that would solve WoW's many issues, and it would align the game with other MMO type games that do not have factions.

Knowing Blizzard though they'll just double down on the faction war though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
okay yeah jumping jellies is pretty fucking stupid

It took me a few goes - maybe 15 or so? - but it wasn't too bad once I'd got used to how it worked. Your range seems to be based on your camera pitch, when you have to cover a bit of distance looking more up than down towards the target seemed to help. The biggest problem I had was after I *got* to the top, realising where the target was!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing that the full set of Nazjatar gear I got in a few hours through very little effort on my freshly minted 120 druid alt is equivalent-to or in some cases better-than the Heroic BFD raid gear I spent months farming in 8.1 really drives home how bad raid gear progression feels in this expansion.

Odd, I've been in a guild progressing similarly to you and I've not found anything close to being worth using yet, although I guess I was only doing 2-3 hours of content last night.

I think a number of them would be a whole lot more worthwhile with an extra 40 levels on them, of course, so I'll be keeping an eye on the Benthic stuff, but right now, not really.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I don't feel any vibe to raid at all outside of LFR... Gear is pointless for me I'd rather farm mounts or reputation like what th ehell... 15 years of hardcore raiding.. Now I have literally 0 will to do any raiding

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ripple of Space essence (War Mode stuff) is undervalued. You get a blink which ignores the "no path available" of Warrior's Jump and Outlaw Hook which I expect to use in old content to go Out of bounds.
Made a lot of bank with enchanting materials these two days. However new enchants have fallen to old enchant price. I expect some rising in value when season 3 comes out.
And I havent even entered Mechagon yet besides getting the trinket :D

EDIT: Use this whenever you are in Nazjatar https://www.wowhead.com/item=168099/deepcoral-pod it will change your jump to something like druid Travel Form wild charge, that works in indoors. I was ganked several times in Nazjatar but hopped the fuck out of the horde, they cant catch you.

Last edited:

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The jumping jellies quest took me one try. If it's up again today, we'll see how I fare.

Flying around with gravpacks on Mechagon is stupid fun for some reason. Took me a few minutes to get 6 mechanized chests for the daily. I'm slowly enjoying the new zones now. Opening up more quests and getting closer to flying is actually rewarding at this point. The thing is, once I'm done with everything on both zones, I don't know what else to do. Don't really plan on raiding, so farming AP doesn't interest me. I guess I could gear a couple alts with the new 385 stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.