• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how people undercut 500g or more during the first day of the patch. Morons.

About the zones, Mechagon was fine, Nazjatar was as boring in person as it looked like from watching. Shame all the major progression will come from there.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
"We did it, we have found the legendary island of Mechagon!"

"It is 1000 yards away from Kul Tiras!"

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
So as a tauren i have to grind the fucking bodyguards reputation to get my heritage while gnomes can get it instantly ? Showing your alliance bias as always blizzard.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
They changed a pair of boots from Legion that covered Zandalari toes. Now they don't. This is literally the worst patch ever. What a weird fucking change.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
as I was getting ready for work this morning I was thinking about two things:

1) How much I'd love to go back to bed
2) How much I wanted to dive back in and play more BfA

One of these things is a completely new feeling.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm guessing you need your npc ally to be rank 3 before you can continue to progress the story on Nazjatar? Hopefully it's just another 300xp and not something like 3k.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nazjatar is so good. I didn't even go to Mechagon tonight.

Maybe tomorrow!

Same. At first I wasn't thrilled traversing it but then I just stuck to roads and now and loving it. Well, flight whistle helps too. The quests from Kojo was neat and the sense of scale when you're near the water wall is intimidating.

I'll head to Mechagon today but have never been super interested in that compared to Nazjatar. I am looking forward to the trinket though, I'm digging the itemization experimenting they been doing lately.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm glad you discovered the joy of sleep

I was born into this world screaming "let me go back to bed" so.... ;)

The new puzzle dailies are something. I suck at the ley line one and then I spent the last 30 minutes of my evening trying to match 5 yellow pieces for a WQ. I like gardenscapes and similar puzzle games but man that was annoying... especially because enemies spawn right next to you during it AND IT PULLED ME OUT OF THE GAME LIKE THREE TIMES. Anyway. I'm still liking it so far. I'll try Mechagon tonight.

Same. At first I wasn't thrilled traversing it but then I just stuck to roads and now and loving it. Well, flight whistle helps too. The quests from Kojo was neat and the sense of scale when you're near the water wall is intimidating.

I'll head to Mechagon today but have never been super interested in that compared to Nazjatar. I am looking forward to the trinket though, I'm digging the itemization experimenting they been doing lately.

Playing as a goblin in Nazjatar made life easier because I kept jumping down from cliffs that would kill me but then rocket boosting right before my impending death and carrying on about my business. Sure, I could buy glider kits but time is money, friend!

Played a little bit of the Nazjatar last night. How far in until you get a quest to go to Mechagon?

It wasn't very long after. Memory is a little fuzzy but I'm pretty sure I had the quest to go after I opened the portal to Zuldazar which was maybe 20 minutes in? It wasn't long at all.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I really hoped they would just shower you with Honorbound Reputation so you can do all the War Campaign quests before going into Nazjatar. I strongly dislike reputation farming and the fact that you have to do it to get access to the core experience of the entire add-on (not even mentioning the Vul'Jin quest I have to get exalted with the Zandalari for) sucks so much imo. If you don't have the rep at this point, you clearly had no interest in getting it because it was too boring for you.

I spend this morning doing all kinds of Honorbound stuff and am now high up in Revered after doing the same the last 2, 3 days and can get access to the last part of 8.1's War Campaign this evening. But it sucks that I still have to do this at all. Plus, you automatically get an invite to Nazjatar if you did the War Campaign quests beforehand or not. It's just kind of a mess.

Allied Races & Flying being gated behind reputation sucks enough already, there really is no need to do the same with the core story of the entire game. THAT SAID, the little bit I've seen of Nazjatar before porting out to finish up the story quests happening before looked fucking awesome.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Man, I really hoped they would just shower you with Honorbound Reputation so you can do all the War Campaign quests before going into Nazjatar. I strongly dislike reputation farming and the fact that you have to do it to get access to the core experience of the entire add-on (not even mentioning the Vul'Jin quest I have to get exalted with the Zandalari for) sucks so much imo. If you don't have the rep at this point, you clearly had no interest in getting it because it was too boring for you.

I spend this morning doing all kinds of Honorbound stuff and am now high up in Revered after doing the same the last 2, 3 days and can get access to the last part of 8.1's War Campaign this evening. But it sucks that I still have to do this at all. Plus, you automatically get an invite to Nazjatar if you did the War Campaign quests beforehand or not. It's just kind of a mess.

Allied Races & Flying being gated behind reputation sucks enough already, there really is no need to do the same with the core story of the entire game. THAT SAID, the little bit I've seen of Nazjatar before porting out to finish up the story quests happening before looked fucking awesome.

The Reputation Gating is, to me, one of the biggest missteps of this expansion and I'm somehow STILL SURPRISED they haven't done more to correct this. Assaults help with Honorbound but for ZL/KT races it's a fucking nightmare to grind. Nazjatar and Mechagon add some much needed zone variety to this expansion though. I'm glad to have two more zones to actually have things to do in (since the opposing faction continents are pretty empty for non native faction). I liked the concept of two continents when BFA was revealed but NEVER AGAIN unless all zones are fully "questable" for both factions.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
The Reputation Gating is, to me, one of the biggest missteps of this expansion and I'm somehow STILL SURPRISED they haven't done more to correct this. Assaults help with Honorbound but for ZL/KT races it's a fucking nightmare to grind. Nazjatar and Mechagon add some much needed zone variety to this expansion though. I'm glad to have two more zones to actually have things to do in (since the opposing faction continents are pretty empty for non native faction). I liked the concept of two continents when BFA was revealed but NEVER AGAIN unless all zones are fully "questable" for both factions.

Locking this type of stuff doesn't make any sense.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Locking this type of stuff doesn't make any sense.

I see their logic (flawed, flawed logic) because since BFA was clearly rushed out the gate they needed to have things to keep players invested until they could pump out some more content.

Is it a good decision? No. Do I hate it? Yes. But they need to like... make it easier. I've been exalted since 8.0 but I don't give a rat's ass if someone else can do it more easily than I did. Let them have their allied races.

Plus the world needs more Zandalari in it. If you told me a year ago they'd end up being like nearly my favorite race in the game I wouldn't have believed you.

Goblins are my favorite and no one can change my mind. Though ask me again if we ever get Ethereals.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I see their logic (flawed, flawed logic) because since BFA was clearly rushed out the gate they needed to have things to keep players invested until they could pump out some more content.

Is it a good decision? No. Do I hate it? Yes. But they need to like... make it easier. I've been exalted since 8.0 but I don't give a rat's ass if someone else can do it more easily than I did. Let them have their allied races.

Plus the world needs more Zandalari in it. If you told me a year ago they'd end up being like nearly my favorite race in the game I wouldn't have believed you.

Goblins are my favorite and no one can change my mind. Though ask me again if we ever get Ethereals.

As I always been saying since TBC.

I'd rather wait for an expansion but have things properly fleshed out and ready for release, BFA was clearly not ready and we can definitely see how gameplay mechanics in both cases and game have really gone downhill ever since it's release.

They need a major overhaul and that is only possible with a new expansion.

I do hope whatever comes next is announced soon for some peace of mind... And at the very least.. be ready at it's release date, I'd rather have it internally delayed like TLOU2 tbh

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
MMOs are all about dat grind.

I think some WoW Classic players are in for a rude surprise when they discover how much worse the grind was. (Fuck attunements)

I just realized... WoW Classic isn't even going to have daily quests. They were added in TBC. Sheesh.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

God, this hurts so much D: I've been a Troll Player since 2004, been mostly playing the same character ever since then. I've never done a full raid, I don't really engage with the endgame at all in general. Until WotLK I was very active in one of the biggest RP guilds of our server, so that's where the fun was for me. After I lost interest in the RP aspect, I just played the add-ons for the core questing experience and that was it. So seeing the announcement of the allied races and the possibility of actually getting another Troll Race to play around with was really, really exciting to me. When I saw the reputation requirements, that went out the window.

I just think it's weird to combine the grindy endgame aspect with the core storyline in this way. Do the hardcore players who play the game for loot and to get as much as possible of everything in the game really need cutscenes as a reward, too? This is why Legion and BfA were kind of disappointing to me, even though Legion in generally is very lowed by the community: Because if you weren't a hardcore player who was heavily invested into the endgame, you got nothing of what the core add on experience was supposed to be.

I barely met the Legion in the add-on named after them at all. I think I was Gul'Dan once at the beginning and that was it? The whole fight with the Legion only happened in the raids and other endgame activities, often after they've been patched in months later. Same with BfA. The zone are just local conflicts like in any other add-on. You don't really see much of any war going on outside of a very few examples unless you engage with the reputation grind I was talking about.

I really wished they would rethink their strategy there. If you want to keep gating the most important story beats behind grind and endgame activities, sure. But then please at least give me the core fantasy of the add-on while I'm questing, too. I would be fine with me having to check out the last few story beats at Nobble's Channel or whatever. But give me SOMETHING. In Legion and Bfa, you keep questing and questing and then it just...ends, without anything of note happening for the core story of the game. And then they even produced new, amazing Cinematics now but don't implement them in the game itself? That's crazy.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I like zandos so much that I'm really struggling to play my warlock due to him being darkspear. I keep thinking I'd rather be playing my druid (balance with glyph of stars so I still look like a zando) or pally.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017

I think some WoW Classic players are in for a rude surprise when they discover how much worse the grind was. (Fuck attunements)

I just realized... WoW Classic isn't even going to have daily quests. They were added in TBC. Sheesh.
Just playing on a private serv right now to get dat classic feel and its definitely a grind. But the progression your character goes through feels so. much. better. than in retail. Also, questing in classic is way more social than retail. Those are two big pros for me.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Just playing on a private serv right now to get dat classic feel and its definitely a grind. But the progression your character goes through feels so. much. better. than in retail. Also, questing in classic is way more social than retail. Those are two big pros for me.

I don't know about the social elements, but leveling and character progression are definitely being addressed in 9.0.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I don't mind a grind if it is.... for lack of a better term... "Fair and Balanced"

I understand that there's a effort/reward system in place but it should feel like you're getting SOMETHING for doing it and that's why I think the Legion artifact system worked relatively well (it was not without flaws though. Please don't misunderstand).

I think though there should be rewards for every group of players too which is hard when you have so many different skill levels and tiers (lfr, normal, etc) so I understand why some things would be reserved for Mythic players even though I cap out at Heroic. They just have to find a good balance and they've really struggled with it this expansion.

It's too hard right now for me to really explain what I mean properly since I'm at work but like many of you I've played since the beginning but I also don't hate what the game has evolved into. I was 19 when WoW released and my life, time availability, and priorities have shifted as I near 34 so I appreciate a lot of the QoL that has happened in the 15 years since. I think it boils down to some features needing more time in the oven and a few more playtests going "yeah this feels bad" or "this feels just right"

And ffs don't advertise a FEATURE OF THE GAME and lock it behind a month long rep grind. That's silly. Things like that should be super, epic, crazy rewards. Not something the average joe can't unlock within a month since it was kinda just printed on the digital box.

Sorry for rambling. I need more coffee.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Nazjatar is absolutely gorgeous, but holy fuck what a pain it is to get around in. The terrain layout combined with the mob density is crazy. If I didn't know I'd be flying soon, I'd probably have a more negative impression.

Mechagon is right up my alley though. They just kind of drop you in with some tutorial like quests and let you go at it.

Overall, I can't wait to take a deeper dive into all the changes and whatnot.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I don't mind a grind if it is.... for lack of a better term... "Fair and Balanced"

I understand that there's a effort/reward system in place but it should feel like you're getting SOMETHING for doing it and that's why I think the Legion artifact system worked relatively well (it was not without flaws though. Please don't misunderstand).

I think though there should be rewards for every group of players too which is hard when you have so many different skill levels and tiers (lfr, normal, etc) so I understand why some things would be reserved for Mythic players even though I cap out at Heroic. They just have to find a good balance and they've really struggled with it this expansion.

It's too hard right now for me to really explain what I mean properly since I'm at work but like many of you I've played since the beginning but I also don't hate what the game has evolved into. I was 19 when WoW released and my life, time availability, and priorities have shifted as I near 34 so I appreciate a lot of the QoL that has happened in the 15 years since. I think it boils down to some features needing more time in the oven and a few more playtests going "yeah this feels bad" or "this feels just right"

And ffs don't advertise a FEATURE OF THE GAME and lock it behind a month long rep grind. That's silly. Things like that should be super, epic, crazy rewards. Not something the average joe can't unlock within a month since it was kinda just printed on the digital box.

Sorry for rambling. I need more coffee.

Void Elfs and what not were stupid to be locked behind a previous expansion rep.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Not having daily quests is a bad thing? I'd say it's quite the opposite. You can make your own fun and set your own goals rather than having meaningless busy work everyday.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It is when the alternative is mindlessly grinding mobs for rep. That's never fun, even when starting out.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
I was born into this world screaming "let me go back to bed" so.... ;)

The new puzzle dailies are something. I suck at the ley line one and then I spent the last 30 minutes of my evening trying to match 5 yellow pieces for a WQ.

giphy.gif

Yeah, they gotta change that.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Not having daily quests is a bad thing? I'd say it's quite the opposite. You can make your own fun and set your own goals rather than having meaningless busy work everyday.

It would be more fun if they didn't require you to grind rep for flying. Daily quests were a consistent way of getting it. I don't mind no dailies, but at least give an alternate way to generate rep because the 8.2 grind really sucks.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a macro-friendly way to reference "The ability on your major essence slot"?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Is there a macro-friendly way to reference "The ability on your major essence slot"?
I've been searching for this, and so far it doesn't seem to be one. The ability on your bars update dynamically as you change your major essence, so there's probably a hacky way to just reference an actionbar button.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good add-ons for the rares on Nazjatar? ive only been able to find one addon and it only has 16 of the 37 rares

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Horde-Alliance faction imbalance....fuck. War Mode is a disaster for Alliance players. :(

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The Armored Vaultbox is a really fun, but frustrating Rare concept.

You can't kill it traditionally. You have to kite it to one of the electric pylons in Bondo's Yard.

The problem is when players don't know this and try to kill stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.