• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
The most scary thing in this trailer is uneven pixel scaling, yuck

We11JQf.png

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Played the demo of this a few months ago, can't wait for the final release.

Not enough games scratch that Junji Ito / Lovecraft itch I've got.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
First I'm hearing of this, but it is right up my alley.

I hope it's not too "roguelite", though. Anyone know what progression looks like? Are encounters / scenarios hand crafted or randomly generated?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is super interesting, thanks for posting I'll keep an eye out for console versions.

OP
OP
The Cellar Letters

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Its also a roguelike which is really neat. I was hoping the switch version would come out around the same time but oh well. Ill just buy it twice.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
I've been waiting for this for a while, now. An Ito inspired roguelike is pretty much my dream game.
I didn't know it was coming to consoles, but I'll gladly double-dip.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I've been waiting for this news forever. Loved the demo and love all the art and music I've seen from the game. Really excited to actually spend some time with this.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a cool, unique experience. Played the demo and I enjoyed it. To my mind it seems like basically a visual novel or an adventure game but it's hard to define. I adore the color pallet options.

OP
OP
The Cellar Letters

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
9/10 and it's only early access!

I think this is the first early access game that I'm going to buy on day 1. I'm super excited.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
To my mind it seems like basically a visual novel or an adventure game but it's hard to define.
I can't remember where I read it, but the dev actually describes it as a card game. It started as a physical card game, but was too hard to manage. It's basically a big deck of events/texts/etc all sort of compartmentalized in different storylines/areas, and playing through the game is you drawing a card and then responding what's on it.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember where I read it, but the dev actually describes it as a card game. It started as a physical card game, but was too hard to manage. It's basically a big deck of events/texts/etc all sort of compartmentalized in different storylines/areas, and playing through the game is you drawing a card and then responding what's on it.
I haven't really played any card games since the heyday of mobile gaming, so I don't really get the context, but I can kind of see where they're coming from with that.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, being on gamepass, I will definitely give it a try. Can't say no on giving a Junji Ito inspired game a try!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
you got to be fucking me ITS ON GAMEPASS I LOVE GAMEPASS I WANTED THIS SO MUCH

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Steam reviews for this are super good, really wanna check this out.

Game is pretty good - when it works. Stopping it from crashing is the biggest horror so far. Nothing to be angry about of course since its very early early access. The game in there is super cool.

[MEDIA