• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm imagining Trudeua trying to wrangle Trump on these issues and it's great (terrible)

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I was about to post the news. My president is a dumbass, but it was expected knowing the way he got to the presidency.

He lost two runs for it and finally won third one, he practically lasted 12 years crying stolen elections until people said "fine dude, show us how easy it is to be president" and here we are.

He seems really shitty. I'm sorry I don't keep up with Mexican politics except a bit from what my parents say or if I overhear one of the "leftist" Mexican YouTubers they are watching, but my god, apparently to those people, criticising him is impossible and makes you an enemy and they actually are saying electing Trump would be better than Biden.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Going by this thread, I didn't realize how many heads were women.

Did someone do a side by side comparison of congratulations when Trump won and this ?

Oct 25, 2017
The fact the Mexican president is one of the last to congratulate Biden is embarrassing. I can understand the others like Brazil.

Oct 25, 2017
He seems really shitty. I'm sorry I don't keep up with Mexican politics except a bit from what my parents say or if I overhear one of the "leftist" Mexican YouTubers they are watching, but my god, apparently to those people, criticising him is impossible and makes you an enemy and they actually are saying electing Trump would be better than Biden.

The Mexican president is a lot like Trump in many ways, including spending his administration dividing the country and constantly attacking the press and painting them as enemies of the people whenever he gets (rightly) criticized.

He's know to be a hypocritical coward.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm just glad he didn't finish his tweet saying "now it's your turn to Make America Great Again after Trump!"

(I'm referring to him signing that visitor book in Germany many years ago with a SS slogan, that was hilarious to read but can't imagine how Chileans felt about that).

What he said ends up being worse than just a stupid comment like the SS slogan one. He's saying that Biden and his government "shares values like human rights defense". Like, dude, Piñera has 4 or 5 international reports of Human Rights violation under his administration, people has been in jail for a year without proper trial after last year protests, etc.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
From a couple of days ago... Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez...

JOH knows what Biden is about to go through the next four years... he's been called an illegitimate President and a dictator by the opposition party. There are many parallels... even the part where he was behind and then raced ahead after votes from certain areas were counted. International organizations certified the elections as clean, but that hasn't stopped people from claiming there was fraud.

Last edited:

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Erdogan finally said something. https://www.ntv.com.tr/turkiye/son-...e-bidena-tebrik-mesaji,kavfZceC30q5-6ljNyMMFA

His wording is pretty weird but summarized: "Dear president elect, I hope the election results are good for our the people of our friends and allies the USA. When you were VP we had a strong strategic partnership with the USA. As we encounter global challenges we must strengthen our relationship. With the next US administration, we look forward to working even more closely. I congratulate your success and sincerely wish for peace and happiness on the American people. "

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
They didn't mention Meng Wanzhou by name, but if she was being held at Trump's request she should be on her way next year.

Nah that was more justice department, Trump just co-oped it for political gain. I don't expect Biden to be any softer on her or Huawei. There's bipartisan consensus on most China policy outside of any trade deal.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
(I'm referring to him signing that visitor book in Germany many years ago with a SS slogan, that was hilarious to read but can't imagine how Chileans felt about that).
He did what now? And what slogan, "Unsere Ehre heißt Treue" ("Our honour is called loyalty") wouldn't exactly make much sense in a visitor book I'd say...

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Slovenias Prime Minister congratulated Trump a couple days ago, wonder how he's feeling now.

Ah yes, he's denying that anything is decidided and blames the "MSM".

Every other Trump loving strongman either congratulated Biden or kept his mouth shut.

What's up with Slovenia that their leader ended up being the only head of state denying the Biden win and claiming #fakenews?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
What he said ends up being worse than just a stupid comment like the SS slogan one. He's saying that Biden and his government "shares values like human rights defense". Like, dude, Piñera has 4 or 5 international reports of Human Rights violation under his administration, people has been in jail for a year without proper trial after last year protests, etc.
Sorry if it came up as insensitive, I just recalled that big gaffe in foreign matters he had years ago. I was following the Chile protests and it was pretty surreal to see the police terrorizing people protesting, can't help but think that many had horrible flashbacks of 1973. He's a piece of shit and has no place talking about "human rights".

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Nah that was more justice department, Trump just co-oped it for political gain. I don't expect Biden to be any softer on her or Huawei. There's bipartisan consensus on most China policy outside of any trade deal.
There was speculation in the news, separate from her legal defense, that it was at Trump's urging that the justice department acted with the timing it did. Both for the trade deal and to create friction between Canada and China. This doesn't seem unreasonable given Trump's proclivities. There may be a legitimate case against her. It's the timing of her detainment that raises some questions among the many others about this whole thing.
None the less, with the Biden administration these events and the case should proceed with more clarity and to a conclusion whatever the truth of it is.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
There was speculation in the news, separate from her legal defense, that it was at Trump's urging that the justice department acted with the timing it did. Both for the trade deal and to create friction between Canada and China. This doesn't seem unreasonable given Trump's proclivities. There may be a legitimate case against her. It's the timing of her detainment that raises some questions among the many others about this whole thing.
None the less, with the Biden administration these events and the case should proceed with more clarity and to a conclusion whatever the truth of it is.

Certainly possible the timing was pushed forward by Trump but then again they may have been waiting for her to travel to a very friendly country with an extradition treaty. The evidence certainly seems pretty compelling, what's been reported anyway. At this point, they should follow the law and evidence and not take into account China's hostage negotiation tactic. If China believes they can simply kidnap foreigners to get one of their own released, it'll simply set the precedent going forward. If she's released because evidence isn't sufficient, then so be it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Sorry if it came up as insensitive, I just recalled that big gaffe in foreign matters he had years ago. I was following the Chile protests and it was pretty surreal to see the police terrorizing people protesting, can't help but think that many had horrible flashbacks of 1973. He's a piece of shit and has no place talking about "human rights".

No worries, it didn't came up as insensitive. This guy has said and done so many stuff ranging from stupid to plain evil that it wouldn't have surprised me if he'd said something like MAGA either. But, as always, he always finds a way to be an even worse piece of shit.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From a couple of days ago... Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez...

JOH knows what Biden is about to go through the next four years... he's been called an illegitimate President and a dictator by the opposition party. There are many parallels... even the part where he was behind and then raced ahead after votes from certain areas were counted. International organizations certified the elections as clean, but that hasn't stopped people from claiming there was fraud.

I mean they were right. Hernandez is corrupt as fuck.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
And from Namibia:

Honestly this one makes me realise how comparatively unusual it is for an incoming President to have a sizeable amount of experience in global affairs. In this case, many other countries and leaders know Joe, for better or worse

Always a classic:

Watching this again, I noticed that apparently he's always pounded the podium when he gets fired up.

Last edited: