• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have gaming addiction, if I'm being 100% honest with myself. It hasn't affected my employment, but definitely my social life.

I have no problem with the WHO classifying this as a disease.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
"a pattern of gaming behavior characterized by impaired control over gaming, increasing priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests and daily activities, and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences."

Seems like a pretty good definition to me. I can see some Gamers yelling loudly against the strawman "so gaming is a disease now??" though.

Edit: I guess that actual definition is a bit old now, but I hadn't read it back when it was drafted.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah uh... sorry aa exists. wtf.

Anyhow I'm going to my psychiatrist to make this official and take some sick leave.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Oh no, I have a disease now. Some one cure me.

Actually, I'll take this opportunity to take sick leave from school, seeing as I have a disease.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
At least the definition isn't coupled to hours played per day or some such nonsense. The wording is pretty accurate.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're definitely assholes for successfully getting people to stop drinking.

AA performs no better than control in clinical trials and spiritually and psychologically abuses its charges in the meantime. If getting an official diagnosis means more insurance money starts flowing so they can abuse more people, this is by no means good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.