• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
British boxer Billy Joe Saunders has had his license suspended following a social media video in which he seemingly advocated domestic violence. In the video, the world super-middleweight champion appeared to demonstrate how men could hit their partners if "your old woman is giving you mouth" during the coronavirus lockdown.

The video, in which Saunders used a punching bag to show how to hit a woman "on the chin," has been deleted, but the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) has since punished the 30-year-old. "Having considered comments made by Billy Joe Saunders on social media we have suspended his boxer's license pending a hearing under the Board's misconduct regulation, at a time and venue to be confirmed as soon as possible," the BBBofC said in a statement.

Saunders later apologized for the video, saying in a tweet he "would never condone domestic violence" and revealed he has received death threats as a result.

"I am getting a lot of hate mail wishing me dead, wishing my family and my kids dead," he told Talksport Monday. "I haven't got another half, but I have got a daughter and if anyone did that to my daughter, I would hurt them bad."

edition.cnn.com

World champion boxer Billy Joe Saunders suspended following domestic violence 'advice' video

British boxer Billy Joe Saunders has had his license suspended following a social media video in which he seemingly advocated domestic violence.

Imagine being so shit that you voluntarily give advice on how to properly abuse your spouse.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least he's learned his lesson:

"I haven't got another half, but I have got a daughter and if anyone did that to my daughter, I would hurt them bad.""

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh and I find this particularly amazing

Saunders later apologized for the video, saying in a tweet he "would never condone domestic violence"

Yet he is suspended for making a video on how to properly beat women who are "giving you mouth". So how can he even say that with a straight face.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Domestic violence is rising under these conditions sadly. And many victims don't have a choice to leave due to the quarantines.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
So it took becoming a worldwide pariah for him to realize what such a video would mean for his daughter? Sounds like he took too many to the chin himself.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna leave this dozy here just so everyone can get a sense of how shit of a person Billy Joe Saunders really is.