• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I used to get shaky knees and vertigo when I was close to the rail on the second floor of the mall, so...

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I entered this thread ready to say no, but it actually looks really save, so yeah, I think I would

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Time to go past your limits and have those shakes break the speed of sound!

Obligatory:

tenor.gif

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. I mean, if I had a reason to cross it at least. I dunno if I'd do it just for the view, but if I needed to get from point A on one end to point B at the other, it wouldn't phase me at all.

Germany having a bunch of obstacle courses at height where you go climbing around trees and do vary ziplining and stuff (kletterwald) was a great discovery, and while they're not anywhere near that length, they're similar in spirit.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Is it? I've only visited and entered from one side, and got told it was a couple more kilometers to the other end.
I've been looking into it as I'll probably go this summer (I was going to spend a weekend in Porto and might add an extra night in Arouca to do the Paiva walkway + this bridge) According to the site it's 1 km from the parking lot on one side, and 1,2 or 1,5 (don't recall) km from the other.

Chronus

Nov 2, 2017
I've been looking into it as I'll probably go this summer (I was going to spend a weekend in Porto and might add an extra night in Arouca to do the Paiva walkway + this bridge) According to the site it's 1 km from the parking lot on one side, and 1,2 or 1,5 (don't recall) km from the other.
I went there a while ago, the bridge was still in construction, but the big "slingshot" structures on each side where already there. It was a lot closer to one of the entrances, as I had to walk pretty much the whole walkways to reach it (I started on the opposite side).
Can't remember the names of each entrance, but the one furthest away from this bridge is the one with a small wooden bar with a canoe on top, with a parking lot next to it.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I went there a while ago, the bridge was still in construction, but the big "slingshot" structures on each side where already there. It was a lot closer to one of the entrances, as I had to walk pretty much the whole walkways to reach it (I started on the opposite side).
Can't remember the names of each entrance, but the one furthest away from this bridge is the one with a small wooden bar with a canoe on top, with a parking lot next to it.

I meant the sides of the bridge, not of the walkways. You can enter on either side of the canyon and there are designated parking spaces on both sides, each 1 to 1,5 km from the bridge.

The bridge itself is indeed at one end of the Paiva walkways, so you can end or start with the bridge of you decide to fully walk them.

I'm looking into starting at the bridge, and then walk the whole walkways upriver, as you need to reserve a time slot for the bridge (so ending with the bridge puts you on a deadline for the walk. Though the trail is apparently less demanding if you have the bridge at the end, because it goes down in that direction)

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
No way, I barely made it across the carrick-a-rede bridge in Northern Ireland and that's like less than 50 meters long.

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'd go but only if there is enough space to walk around people who are too slow or stop in front of me.
Looks safe enough but I'm surprised the security ramps aren't higher.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is.. would you do it if you were dating someone who wants to try it out?

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Maybe. Depends on how crowded it is when travel is more opened up. I've walked across a high bridge without an issue and loved the view, but certainly not at that length.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
With my luck I'd be followed by that asshole that likes to jump up and down like an idiot in these situations.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It has a whole lot more railings than other huge bridges I've seen, but I'd probably still nope out of it.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the intrusive thought of the fact that I could very easily just... go right over the edge if I leaned too much or something that would prevent me from using it.