• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the first time in years.

Regular customers I know who are die hard trumpers suddenly not wanting to be associated at all.

It's great not to have racist imagery everywhere I look for a change... how everyone else's neck of the woods?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I dont work in retail but I havent seen a single person with any of that stuff anywhere where I live or work at in the last 4 years.

(Texas)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile my neighbors still have their biden and harris signs up

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I'm happy that some people might have finally seen the light or if I'm disappointed that the cockroaches can go underground again so easily. The end of Inglorious Basterds comes to mind...

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
How often do you see MAGA hats in the wild? Genuine question, I'm not American.

I've never seen a single person wearing one but I do know several people who are Republican (some who think Trump is a nutcase but still associate with Republicans) - they just dont parade around with Flags, stickers or hats.

(I live in Texas).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Bay Area, and I have seen zero in these 4 years. Every now and then there will be a Trump sticker on like a power line, but that's the most you see. Blue line flags however, there's been a few in walking distance.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I flipped off 3 pick-up trucks with Trump flags flying just this morning.

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm happy that some people might have finally seen the light or if I'm disappointed that the cockroaches can go underground again so easily. The end of Inglorious Basterds comes to mind...
I definitely wish every single one could be held responsible, but I will settle for them being forced back underground.
A lot. Many times a day. That's why it was so noteworthy. That said, Arizona flipped blue, so maybe that's enough additional pressure to make them keep their heads down.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Still saw the two usual suspects in my neighborhood with Trump flags on em. The house I pass with the giant Trump flag in the front window is still up too. Never really see the MAGA hats outside of Walmart in my end of Utah.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
aeaErDq.gif

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My neighbor's Trump flag was suspiciously missing last night after he had been proudly displaying it for months.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't know about the blue line flag. I saw one of those in a work email and thought that couldn't be a good look. Wonder how the Trump nuts have been holding up?

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Houses around here have started putting up these "thin blue line" flags in front of their homes that say "Law enforcement supports Trump". I never see the hats though.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
In the past four years I've only seen one MAGA hat in my neck of the woods (southeast Virginia), but I did see the occasional Trump / Pence signage here and there. I live in Virginia Beach, right near town center in a pretty conservative area, so I am surprised.

After what transpired in the capitol I expect to never see another again though. Even a few of my ardently conservative coworkers dropped mentions in today's Teams meeting as things were winding down that Trump should resign or be removed. I was like damn, these were the same guys just a year ago talking about him like he was an infallible god emperor.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I live in Chicago (city proper, not suburbs) and I've seen maybe four people wearing MAGA hats since 2015 in town. But any time we drive through a more rural area, it becomes a lot more common. We were around the Dunes National Park in Indiana and there were Trump banners and flags all over the place.

You get a Trumpy vibe in certain suburbs, as well, but it's not quite as blatant.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't either which is a surprise working at a pawn shop where I do, but yesterday a chud came in as the terrorists were being cleared out and tried to stir shit up by saying "we got fucked" because Georgia was blue and the "protest" didn't succeed.

Took all my willpower not to drop kick him across the counter.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, I thought it might inspire them but seems to have had the opposite effect.

Wearing political clothing outside election time seems weird to me anyway.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Literally the first time in years.

Regular customers I know who are die hard trumpers suddenly not wanting to be associated at all.

It's great not to have racist imagery everywhere I look for a change... how everyone else's neck of the woods?

Just to clarify the nature of your observations, You regularly see this type of stuff on a typical day, and you didn't today?
Additionally, you've seen some people who normally wear the stuff, not wear it today?

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually blowing my mind how many people say they haven't seen any maga hats, but I also extend that to any and all Trump branded clothing (t-shirts are popular around here with Trump-Pence) which I also haven't seen today.

I work at a popular place, seeing a few hundred customers a day, so going from 10+sightings a day to zero so far has been something else.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
In North Carolina. I've barely left the house last year but even so, I've only seen one MAGA hat in person and that was around the 2016 election.

Still a lot of Biden signs up in my neighborhood. Both Trump signs have been taken down.

My neighbors have a fucking blue line sticker on one of their cars though. 😡

kess

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing some today. Mr. Blue Line just put up some Trump flags again.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Live in Los Angeles. It doesn't really happen here much though I was an election worker this year and they definitely wore shit to the polls. We even had an incident with electioneering and a guy getting mad.

Real pathetic fucks they were.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Same, most I've seen was a bumper sticker.

The worst thing I saw in the neighborhood, was one neighbor that has a big flower garden and always gives out seeds and things, and put out some sidewalk chalk during the start of the pandemic to try and spread cheer. Lots of pictures of flowers, hopscotch, etc., and then during the protests, someone decided to come by a do a huge TRUMP across the sidewalk a few times. Someone got pissed and scratched those all out and wrote Biden over those. I guess we are just more passive-aggressive here :x

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I live in the South and I've never seen a MAGA hat in my life, but I have seen bumper stickers or Calvin peeing on Hillary's emails on the back of cars. One person down the street from me is still sporting their giant Trump flag and Pence sign in front on their yard next to a giant cross.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I think MAGA hats are more like cosplay items, where it's something you buy, but you don't wear in public unless you meet up at an event or something with others of like-mind.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Southern California, I've only seen bumper stickers and a flag occasionally. I've only seen someone wearing the hat once.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I'm out in the countryside for work in MN so I see plenty of Trumpy shit all over the place with plenty of "Guns are welcome, people are not" style signs and paranoid "This property is under 24/7 surveillance" with cameras stuck to trees. It's embarrassing.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
boise ID here. i don't leave the house too often (pandemic and all), but in my recent ventures outside in the past two weeks i haven't seen any pickups flying trump flags. used to be 10-15 every time i went to the grocery store.

could very well be random anomaly, but it's certainly something that i've noticed as of late.