• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely is news.

This isn't "common sense" it's audio tape of the sitting President admitting that he's been downplaying and lying about a virus that went on to kill 200k Americans.
Whatever. I have always known he is a liar who doesn't give the slightest shit about human life. We all have known that he was fully briefed on the situation and chose to downplay it through messaging and policy.

I'm sick of people pretending that he is anything less than an actual comicbook supervillain. We have ALWAYS known this and media chooses to stick their head in the sand. It's sickening and media should be held accountable for their willful ignorance / malaise.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
This guy just admitted to lying... on record...

Im here for the mental gymnastics his supporters will spew now.
They got their talking points already:

"He was just trying to keep the American people calm!"

They will run with this while ignoring all the times he told them it was safe to go out. There is a difference between remaining calm while leading and telling people to run into a burning building because it's safe.

Sep 14, 2019
His stupid supporters on Twitter:

"He didn't want people to panic. That's a good thing."

190,000 people have died!

Several people have to deal with long-term effects from being infected with this virus!

All because this asshole downplayed it when he knew how serious the virus was!

How is that a good thing?!

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever. I have always known he is a liar who doesn't give the slightest shit about human life. We all have known that he was fully briefed on the situation and chose to downplay it through messaging and policy.

I'm sick of people pretending that he is anything less than an actual comicbook supervillain. We have ALWAYS known this and media chooses to stick their head in the sand. It's sickening and media should be held accountable for their willful ignorance / malaise.
YOU may have known that. I may have also known that. Everyone on this forum may have known that but that doesnt prevent it from being news. There are a lot of dumb, gullible, and naive people out there. It's definitely news.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
It always blows my mind how much a lot of politics has changed in a lot of countries over the last decade or so.......UK government is also shit right now, but back in 2009 I think, while running to be reelected as prime minister, Gordon brown from the Labour Party was basically destroyed when he was caught on a mic that wasn't turned off by mistake telling another person in his car that an older woman he just met was a bigot, because, well she was being a fucking bigot, it sunk him, he even had to apologise to the fucking bigoted woman and ended labours chances effectively.......just thinking how something so minor was a huge deal here back then compared to the insane and out right racist, ablist, etc trump says and no one cares anymore blows me away.......

And yeah it's the medias fault in both cases, the media here is mostly shit and sides with the right too so attacked the left for pointing out a bigot when they saw one, while the media in america does everything it can to both sides everything and if it can't it'll find a way to make a democrat scandle out of nothing.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Props to whatever speechwriter got the new info into Joes speech this afternoon. Straight fire.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Fauci quotes letting us know Trump in private is exactly what we've always thought, same as we've heard from other former insiders for years. Rudderless leadership, unfocused, no attention span, focused solely on himself.

A bit more on Fauci from the WaPo piece:

And right after that, we find out GWB didn't want any part of this, either:

The only unbelievable detail in those excerpts is Dubya's use of the word "misconstrue."

Sep 14, 2019
I get the frustration with Woodward, but several people online seem to be focused solely on that than on the jackass for downplaying shit down.

Yes, vent about Woodward, but be more pissed of at the jackass in office more!

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Would you rather him release a haphazard version of the story, or would you rather him release it when he had all the receipts?
I think people expect everyone to blurt out every little factoid on twitter without any sort of verification. Trump and other like him lowered the discourse on these matters.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

"The media should be held accountable", yeah, I think you've missed the point of this particular piece of news.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
As infuriating as it was at the time, this makes the "I don't take responsibility at all" quote even more sickening.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
BTW - threads on this topic are being actively deleted on r/Conservative.

I always check in to see what the company line is whenever something damaging breaks and two threads have already been deleted. I know this because I saw them and now they're gone. Tough guys need their safe space I guess
the company line is: "he was right to downplay it. it isn't deadly."
and thats despite the 200,000 dead in 6 months.
oh wait, i just remembered that 200,000 number is inflated severely and everyone dying was just about to die anyway. just a regular amount of deaths this year.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dozens of people who interact with him:
- He's awful.
- He's narcissistic.
- He has no attention span.
- He lies.
- He lied to the American people on tape.
- He's racist.

Trump Followers & Syncophants: Everyone else is wrong! Only Trump is the truth!

AGAIN. This is a cult. This is dangerous.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I get the frustration with Woodward, but several people online seem to be focused solely on that than on the jackass for downplaying shit down.

Yes, vent about Woodward, but be more pissed of at the jackass in office more!

It was already brought up in the thread, but we don't know any details about the deal Woodward made to get this access. It's entirely possible he signed a timed agreement preventing him from releasing interview material.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Would you rather him release a haphazard version of the story, or would you rather him release it when he had all the receipts?

there are recordings. the receipts about the important bit have been in his hands for this whole time

anyway i think there's a happy middle ground between "tweeting the story out immediately with no sources" and "waiting nine months until a book is published." woodward and bernstein broke the watergate story in the newspaper two years before they got everything together to write all the president's men

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is an open book. This is a lot like Suckergate, where the news just reflects stuff he has already said clearly in public. Hopefully this sticks like his feelings on dead soldiers, which I expect it will, with the tapes and Papa Woodward behind it.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
180,000 deaths. Imagine the people that still be alive today if this trash murderer did not downplay the virus.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
And even then his base will still support him 110%

A third of Americans are too far gone

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
"I didn't want to cause a panic."

There's a difference between that and doing what you did during the beginning of all this, you vile piece of----

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I don't trust Woodward's integrity as a journalist but we really do be hitting the point where people are making money off of books filled with the the most obvious trumpism. Like anyone not drinking the conservative coolaid already knows this and they are gonna call it fake news so who is this really for ?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I don't trust Woodward's integrity as a journalist but we really do be hitting the point where people are making money off of books filled with the the most obvious trumpism. Like anyone not drinking the conservative coolaid already knows this and they are gonna call it fake news so who is this really for ?

Trump is behind in the polls. There are less than 60 days to the election.

Every bad news day in the news cycle between now and the election is a lost opportunity for him to gain ground.

Think of it in those terms.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
It is absolutely mind blowing with the things this guy has gotten away with. I mean this guy doesn't even care to hide this shit like most people. In the fact that this election will be close gives me no hope for us as a country.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

Bare minimum: Anything that keeps Trump on his back foot and playing defense as the election winds down is a good thing. It's time and money he cannot get back.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So I saw someone on twitter mention that bob woodward has his first chat with trump 3 weeks before our first covid death here. So 185k + deaths since then. I get the idea that Woodward isn't in charge of national security but god damn, feels like these conversations should have been given to congress at a minimum while Woodward worked on his book.

Or maybe Woodward saw how the impeachment trial went down and figured it wouldn't make a difference what he let out to the public or congress.

Sep 14, 2019
So I saw someone on twitter mention that bob woodward has his first chat with trump 3 weeks before our first covid death here. So 185k + deaths since then. I get the idea that Woodward isn't in charge of national security but god damn, feels like these conversations should have been given to congress at a minimum while Woodward worked on his book.

Or maybe Woodward saw how the impeachment trial went down and figured it wouldn't make a difference what he let out to the public or congress.

As shitty as it sounds, I wonder if these tapes seem like a bigger deal now BECAUSE of the deaths.

If these tapes were released very early on, I wonder if people would have cared much. Or after a few months of city lockdowns, people probably wouldn't care anymore anyway.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
cnn got carl bernstein on now calling it homicidal negligence... if trump still somehow wins after all this...

Oct 27, 2017
CNN said:
-- Woodward reports new details on Russia's election meddling, writing that the NSA and CIA have classified evidence the Russians had placed malware in the election registration systems of at least two Florida counties, St. Lucie and Washington. While there was no evidence the malware had been activated, Woodward writes, it was sophisticated and could erase voters in specific districts. The voting system vendor used by Florida was also used in states across the country.
UMMMMMMMMM, GUYS?!

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Dozens of people who interact with him:
- He's awful.
- He's narcissistic.
- He has no attention span.
- He lies.
- He lied to the American people on tape.
- He's racist.

Trump Followers & Syncophants: Everyone else is wrong! Only Trump is the truth!

AGAIN. This is a cult. This is dangerous.
ANONYMOUS SOURCING, WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT.

BUT THAT Q GUY, HE KNOWS WHAT'S UP!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
It's in the thread marks.
www.cnn.com

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus in new Woodward book

President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward...

Ah, was hoping for downloadable links. I just used software to download it and convert it to a video/mp3.