• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
I spent most of this presidency very naive and thought basically every egregious act, every excruciatingly stupid gaffe, every bit of chaos like fucking firing the FBI director, every obvious lie, every Russia bombshell, etc etc was going to cause the mountain to crumble (or at least sway my Trump supporting friends and family members). 4 years later and the mountain is only stronger and higher so I don't have any answer for this. I thought him losing the election would deflate the balloon at least a little bit but instead they just throw that fact into the fake news pit.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Him basically becoming a progressive to the point where they would think he is part of the enemy that Q is fighting. Trump is a useful tool to spread their hate and give it weight. But the moment he stops doing that they will drop him, which means it will never happen.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
"I'm passing a resolution to register all guns in civilian hands. We've had the biggest shootings in the US, bigger than anywhere else, far bigger than Mexico, and I want to pass a big, beautiful resolution to prevent this from happening ever again".

Watch how quickly they'd turn on him then!

It would definitely be this or something else that materially impacts them. They can justify and explain away anything until it affects them.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I think him breaking down in tears and being dragged away from something while throwing a temper tantrum would do it. Like full on emotional meltdown on TV, possibly including him crying for his mommy, while losing something.

They want a winner, they can't come back from that.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Literally nothing. He could be documented on video performing the most egregious acts imaginable, and his cultists would simply choose not to believe it because they're already primed to think everything negative about him is pure fabrication.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
He could literally come out and say he's actually politically liberal and he just did all this to be president and make money and these idiots would convince themselves it's a coded message.

TelemachusD

Nov 22, 2017
Become pro-gun control and pro-choice because those are literally the only issues that matter to a wide swath of Republicans.

I think him breaking down in tears and being dragged away from something while throwing a temper tantrum would do it. Like full on emotional meltdown on TV, possibly including him crying for his mommy, while losing something.

They want a winner, they can't come back from that.
Yes, it'd have to be something that forced his followers to stop seeing him as a "big man". Considering how delusional their view of him already is, it'd require a real whopper. But it could probably be done.

Generally, Trump has to stop representing the promise of dominating and conferring "pride"; white identity politics. Based on my experience with people like Trump supporters, it's not so much that they'd snap out of it, as become embittered and betrayed, and turn inward. Withdraw from supporting anyone, or engaging with politics anymore.

They'd still be out there powering toxic attitudes and culture, but would remove themselves from supporting a fascist future politically.

Oct 25, 2017
If he raised taxes or went against 2a, he's lose a lot of people. But a lot of his supporters would simply believe that he didn't do those things and he would probably keep the majority in the end.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
A lot of them seem to be obsessed with pedophelia so probably a video of Trump being a pedo. Other than that, he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and they would still vote for him, it's literally a cult.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Nothing.

When he said he could walk on 5th Avenue and shoot someone and people would still vote for him, it wasn't outlandish.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
a more interesting question to me is, what will they do if trump just falls out from the public eye and fades into obscurity occasionally doing speeches or whatever it is ex presidents usually do. i don't really the see the upside for trump to be a high profile public anymore. he can just go do rich guy stuff and retire.

i can't think of any other GOP politicians who are like him and would elicit such a weird devoted following. imagine a boat parade for fuckin jeb or marco rubio. i just don't see it.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
They are beyond the control of Fox. Nothing will get to them. He'll still be revered even after dying.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing you can do or say to the majority of Trump supporters to sway them from the cult... they would rather die than support political policies that would improve their quality of life.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Seeing how toxic Trump supporters are, I wager if Trump have a gay relationship his supporters would drop him fast.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you can get through to these people. I had to turn my music up so I could drown out my Trump supporting sis in law ranting from the otherside of the house about how we're going to die because her step dad's last name is Trump. They don't live in the same reality as us. I've tried reasoning with her before about this stuff and tried walking her through this with critical thinking but she seems incapable of connecting the dots. I've given up and I am moving out when I can.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Him losing will do it, real problem is their attachment to him isn't the real problem since they'll go invest their energy into something else.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Actual, incontrovertible proof that he was involved in the celebrity pedophilia ring and engaged in sex with preteens. There's enough of the whole QAnon madness that hinges on Democrats being a secret cabal of evil pedophiles that it might cause some actual cognitive dissonance.

That is, in fact, what I suspect the "intelligence" that was alluded to earlier this week probably was.

Oct 25, 2017
Actual, incontrovertible proof that he was involved in the celebrity pedophilia ring and engaged in sex with preteens. There's enough of the whole QAnon madness that hinges on Democrats being a secret cabal of evil pedophiles that it might cause some actual cognitive dissonance.

That is, in fact, what I suspect the "intelligence" that was alluded to earlier this week probably was.
He only did that so that he could go undercover and expose the real pedophiles.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Time is the only thing at this point. Hopefully trump will begin to fade from the spotlight as he becomes increasingly irrelevant. Hopefully they go after his taxes, and his debts become due, and the business is broken into parts, and his brillance in their eyes beguns to slowly fade. And eventually he will die.
The children may strive to maintain relevance, but hopefully they face an uphill battle.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
There's people here in fucking Canada that would LOVE to have Trump instead of Trudeau.
Ain't a damn thing Trump did that his cult of dumbasses would'nt eat up. They'd all have to find someone else to worship.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Nothing.

Even if Trump were caught on video doing Epstein-related things, a good number of Trump supporters would justify this as Trump going undercover in furtherance of Q's agenda to root out pedophiles.

Granted, I think that demonstrable evidence of something like that would turn away a good portion of his supporters, but let's pause and take a step back. Consider the fact that we're actually discussing what percentage of his supporters would disavow him were crimes against innocent children involved.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if he did something that they didn't like that they claimed he was doing it because he was forced to. at least with the qanon and all style of supporters. idk how many of those there are. most of the republicans i know are more into the party than they are him and would drop him the second that there was someone they believed would win better than him (so long as the person running wasn't more moderate)

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
There isn't anything immediate that can be done. Even if Trump says a bunch of stuff that goes against what his followers believe, we've seen in the past that Trump supporters they'll deny he said it even with video proof.

I think the best way forward that's likely is cutting them off from Trump and pro-Trump propaganda, and eventually when deprived for long enough, they'll get better. However, I don't see this happening when they're all flooding to Parlor and such.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing.

They're a full on cult now, he can do and say whatever and his supporters would mentally twist themselves to see it as okay.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Nothing. Really nothing. He'd have to hold a gun to their heads and tell them he has willed their children into becoming liberal Muslim homosexual abortion doctors and MAYBE then they'd repel his Adonic wiles.

Nov 1, 2017
Legitimately it would take a video of him molesting a minor. And even that I'm not sure about bc some of them would say it's fake and not believe it

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legalising abortion and banning guns. Outside of that I'd say he's teflon-coated kevlar.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He would need to turn Democrat, praise BLM, and restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Thisisme

Apr 14, 2018
Nothing. Keep in mind Trump supporters are plugged into different media. Anything he did would be spun into something else.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's like the leopards eating faces meme at this point. They're hopeless. We just need to keep voting.

We have larger numbers than these clowns. Use them.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. He could rape a little girl on national television and they'd accuse her of seducing him. All while pushing that qanon pedo bullshit. He's literally infallible in their eyes.

Dec 2, 2017
Nothing. Think go everything he's done, the way he's acted, the stuff we've learnt he did in the past 5 years, hasn't made a bit of difference. I doubt most of his supporters would be swayed, or even believe he did a bad thing.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
So I got to thinking... what could Trump do that would turn the majority of his supporters away (because we know it will never be all)?

Outside of God Himself returning to Earth, I'm really not quite sure. But humor me - what do you guys got?

Gun Control.

Trump made noises about restricting a few models of rifles once, just after a massacre. That is the one and only time I saw the nuts posting in The_Donald questionning their worship of Trump. He walked that one back in less than twelve hours.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Him working with/agreeing with/praising Democrats.

The cult of Trump is built off radicalized partisanship and the "culture war". Trump the MAGA God-Emperor embodies this vision. For the real Trump to fail them he must fail this vision, and to do so he must consort with the enemy.

We saw this in the 2018 Syria bombings. It was one of the only times r/t_d and the online MAGA army actually went against him, calling him a fool puppeted by corporate interests. They didn't hate him briefly because he was suddenly acting hawkish, they hated him because for a brief moment he was working with hawkish Dems to do it.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Nothing, he will get away with whatever he wants. He goes on and on about the fake news media but in reality he is the one spreading fake news, his qanon conspiracy theorist dumbshit supporters go down these fake news rabbit holes on social media and youtube and come out thinking they know something everyone else doesn't and it makes them feel empowered. The misinformation age is scary as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Something he would never ever do.

Admit he has lied profusely about all matters, that he regrets everything he has done and that the "radical left", Obama, Biden etc. are actually much better politicians who have the wellbeing of the people far more in mind than he. A complete 180 in all aspects that make Trump "great".

Like I said, it's never happening.