• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

EDIT - ok wait, all the marquees say Thanksgiving, so uhhhh, please hold.

EDIT 2 - The tweet has been deleted and they updated the marquees, LOL

Last edited:

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
Hm, tweet says Oct 2, all images say Nov 25?

Edit: Tweet was deleted!
Edit 2: It's Oct 2nd confirmed.

Last edited:

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what's going on with those pictures but October 2nd makes more sense from a film scheduling standpoint (as in, Thanksgiving as it currently stands is still very crowded)

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If it's Thanksgiving that puts it pretty close to Black Widow

EDIT: Okay so it really is Oct. 2nd. lol

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
This movie is cursed at this point. 1 year delay from the original release date.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
WW's target audience is the exact age group that knows how to find a movie on their laptop and hook it up to the tv with zero difficulty. There's no way it could turn a profit on VOD.
Nor is there any way it's going to turn a profit if they wait until theaters are anything other than dead in the water. It's not going to happen as soon as they're hoping because a lot of people aren't as dumb as they're hoping.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
xf250.jpg

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
True, but WW84 was already delayed before Covid. It was supposed to be out before Christmas 2019.
Tell me about it. So pissed they delayed it the first time just so they could have that summer date of the first movie. The movie was finished and ready for release back in Nov of 2019. So they delayed it a year for nothing.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Every time I go to the store I see the shelves of bags of Doritos with the WW84 promotional tie-in and just shake my head.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The art team got briefed and they were told to prepare multiple options for when marketing made their move.

The social media team then uploaded the files from the wrong folder.
I mean, yes, but I figured most corporate social media accounts had more red tape then this, like a Tweet would have to go through multiple people or something

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
These big name movies are never coming out are they? Packup it folks, big budget hollywood is dead.

May 24, 2019
These big name movies are never coming out are they? Packup it folks, big budget hollywood is dead.

I think they definitely are. Big American business isnt gonna wait much longer than this for vaccines or flattening curves.

Eventually they'll make you accept covid as a part of daily life (until you die of it.)

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Trolls World Tour made some decent money for whatever the fuck that film was. I suppose these studios are playing chicken with each other to see who releases a big blockbuster online and gauging how much that makes.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Are people really going to go to a dark disease room to sit with strangers for two hours at a time by October? We're going to be hitting record highs by then.