• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything looks cool and I look forward to this, first one was great, but I guess the final act will not be interesting again and not convinced at all for Chris Pine's return in a major role...

The armor looks cool even if also looks impractical, give us a fun henshin à la Saint Seiya :D
Cheetah looks fine, probably will be better in the final release when they finish the CGI.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Final act going to be shit again for sure. I don't get why they made Cheetah look so slow. She's supposed to be one of the formidable villains DC has.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez Cheetah looks awful is my main takeaway from this. First trailer was a lot better.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Unlike the Batman trailer this was pretty meh. Like for many others Cheetah definitely made a bad impression.And while I like Chris Pine, especially in comedic roles, this trailer focused way too much on him.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Can't she just, you know, fly instead of using her lasso to swing around like Spider-Man?

Well it is pretty damn cool, so I think rule of cool applies here.

Plus, it has been speculated that she loses her powers and is mostly relying on equipment.

I think had she not had flight before in her mythos, this would have been a good means for her to get around.

crowed

Oct 27, 2017
Aviles, asturias, Spain
Hope is good my daughter is waiting for this and black widow, and i hope things are good enough for us to go to the cinema.
I like Chris Pine and understand why they brought him back, but this should have been a WW stand alone film

Dead Man

Nov 1, 2017
Man, Pine is so easy to like. The visual design looked really campy to me, and not in a good way.

He's inhabiting one physical body. The tweet is worded a little bit confusing. Only Diana sees Steve as Steve. Everyone else would see a random dude.
So he's a bodythief? And she's cool with that? Not expecting you to have answers, I just have questions :)

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
That's a terrible trailer, the first one was wayyyyyy better, I think I'll pass, I'll wait for it to come to netflix or shit like this.

Oct 27, 2017
First trailer hinted better at it.

Lord has some kind of stone that grants people their deepest desires at a price. Diana's is supposedly her powers in exchange for Steve coming back.

The plot sounds like a mash-up between Superman 2, Supergirl and I can't decide if Cheetah is more like Batman Forever's Riddler or TASM2's Electro.

Not a bad trailer, but not great.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
In BvS she was going heads up with a creature capable of killing Superman. In WW she goes heads up with an actual god. In WW84 she's supposed to have some sort of issue handling a woman with the powers of a big cat? I don't understand why they would go this way with WW's antogonist at this point.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Film still looks great, but the first trailer was a lot better imo. The music here didn't hype me up lol

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
In BvS she was going heads up with a creature capable of killing Superman. In WW she goes heads up with an actual god. In WW84 she's supposed to have some sort of issue handling a woman with the powers of a big cat? I don't understand why they would go this way with WW's antogonist at this point.
Cheetah is actually quite powerful in the comics. That aside, she's Wonder Woman's most iconic arch nemesis.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So weird how many scenes were re-used in this trailer and the impact was worsened without Blue Monday backing them up.

But yea, this deflated my hype somewhat.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
This thread made me curious about who wrote this movie. The first person listed for the screenplay, and the only person who isn't Paty Jinkens or Geoff Johns is the screenwriter of the following...

Doom
The Expendables
The Expendables 2
The Expendables 3
Godzilla
Zombieland 2

And he's currently listed as the writer for Shang Chi, Into the Spiderverse 2, and the Hercules Disney movie...

Oct 25, 2017

In the film:
Barbara (Cheetah) wishes she could be 'powerful just like Diana'.

Oct 30, 2017
The visual of her swinging on lightning was great.

The poor CGI Cheetah ruined the trailer. I am very whelmed right now. Certainly doesn't look near as good as the first film.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked most of the trailer. Really hating what I'm reading about Steve in this thread. Here's hoping that's just stage one.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it was quite obvious is not Steve, he dies in 1.

I think the premise of this movie is very interesting, and we'll probably get the feels at the end...

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's an alright trailer, but I'm hoping the first trailer is more indicative of the tone they're going for.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Hmm, I feel like Cheetah is a good main villain because she's like a perfect physical match to Diana's abilities while visually being completely distinct so that can result in some awesome combat scenes.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm.

After watching this trailer, I realized that the music of the first trailer tricked me into thinking it looked good.

Hopefully there's a cut of WW84 where that just plays on loop in the background for the full run-time.

The Diana/Steve stuff all looks great btw. More of that and less of everything else.