• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
dc-wonder-woman-1984-4k-bv.jpg

Release date: December 25, 2020 (in theaters and on HBO Max)

Directed by Patty Jenkins

Written by Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns and Dave Callaham

Starring Gal Godot, Chris Pine, Pedro Pascal and Kristen Wiig

List of devices that will support 4K/HDR:

www.engadget.com

HBO Max lists all the devices that can play 'Wonder Woman 1984' in 4K HDR

HBO Max will stream 'Wonder Woman 1984' in 4K and HDR starting on Christmas Day, but only to certain devices.

• Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube
  • Android TVs, including: AT&T Streaming Box
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Google Chromecast Ultra
  • Chromecast with Google TV (no Atmos audio)
  • Roku Ultra 4800x, Roku 4k TVs
  • Xfinity X1 (Xi6) and Flex

Reviews:

WW1984.jpg

www.rottentomatoes.com

Wonder Woman 1984

Diana Prince lives quietly among mortals in the vibrant, sleek 1980s -- an era of excess driven by the pursuit of having it all. Though she's come into her full powers, she maintains a low profile by curating ancient artifacts, and only performing heroic acts incognito. But soon, Diana will have...

USA Today:
Returns Gal Gadot as the Amazon princess with the bulletproof bracelets, introduces a couple worthy foes, and is a pretty fun time even if the extremely busy "1984" almost wears out its welcome at a hefty two and a half hours.

Empire:
A vibrant and virtuous adventure packed with all the heart and heroism we've come to expect from DC's shining light. Wonder Woman 1984 really is the hero 2020 needed all along

Chicago Sun-Times:
This is a throwback piece of pure pop entertainment.

Variety:
Jenkins is an enormously talented filmmaker on whom the studio took a chance - one that's seldom questioned when conferred upon men - and she proves her worth by never letting the spectacle drown out the performances.

Guardian:
This is an epically long and epically brash film from director and co-writer Patty Jenkins, but Gadot has a queenly self-possession and she imposes her authority on it.

THR:
There's still a lot to love

LA Times:
[D]irector Patty Jenkins and her star, Gal Gadot, have mastered the art of cornball conviction

Last edited by a moderator:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
2 and a half hours isn't that bad, but I just hope they've found a way to keep it from getting stale.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I never really cared for Gadot outside of this role, but as Wonder Woman in her last solo film she ended up being one of the most charismatic superheroes in a minute. Defo in for more. The film itself I'm expecting to be no better or worse than most of these superhero flicks tbh. Looks like its getting pretty solid impressions. hopefully the action scenes are cool, glad to hear Pascal's character is sleazy af.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this movie!
This is probably not the right place to ask this, but where can I watch it in Germany?

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
This is out of the cinema in the UK and they're basically shut so no chance i'll be watching it unfortunately

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Long doesn't matter if the ride and pacing are good IMO. As long as the third act is a little better fleshed out, I can't see this going wrong.

Didn't hate the ending of the first one like many, but it was rougher (and CGIer) than it needed to be.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Is the first movie on HBO Max as well? I still haven't watched it, and would obviously want to watch that one first.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Don't click on the Guardian review. Peter Bradshaw is notoriously bad at blabbing out spoilers within the review.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so what is the right word then?
Is it really just coincidence? English needs a better word for something like that.

There isn't a word in English that exactly nails what I believe you're trying to say by using "ironic". In a situation like this it would be something like "1984 gets an 84%... how appropriate".

It was a play on the lyrics of the song Ironic (where none of the examples listed in the song are actually ironic)

Ah. Right over my head.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Up to 88% now. How many reviews does it need to be certified fresh?

• A consistent Tomatometer score of 75% or higher.
  • At least five reviews from Top Critics.
  • Films in wide release must have a minimum of 80 reviews. This also applies for films going from limited to wide release.
  • Films in limited release must have a minimum of 40 reviews.
  • Only individual seasons of a TV show are eligible, and each must have a minimum of 20 reviews.

Nov 13, 2017
  • A consistent Tomatometer score of 75% or higher.
  • At least five reviews from Top Critics.
  • Films in wide release must have a minimum of 80 reviews. This also applies for films going from limited to wide release.
  • Films in limited release must have a minimum of 40 reviews.
  • Only individual seasons of a TV show are eligible, and each must have a minimum of 20 reviews.
20 more reviews to go :)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I was going to watch this tomorrow, but out whole country is in lockdown from today til Jan 19th, so that's not gonna work. Looking forward to it though!

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Curious how people without HBO support in their country can watch this... My country has gone full lockdown so Cinemas are also closed :/

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
"Fun" seems a common descriptor, which sounds good enough to me.