• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...
I think I like this one more than the first. It's way more Donner Superman (intentionally obviously) but it also feels more cohesive all the way through unlike Wonder Woman which kind of has a weird boss fight ending tacked on to a movie about war and the failings of man.

Diana/Steve is best comic movie couple hands down but their situation this time around its definitely extra funky but I think that may be intentional. The wishes are monkey paw, so there had to be a twist and Diana would totally be cool with being normal to keep him so I don't think that's enough. If that was the intent they really should have played up the Steve in another Dude aspect more to hit home "this situation is not cool."

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Hmmm...

Let's see. I'll put myself in that guy's shoes...

"Dude! While you were possessed with another's soul, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman, got jiggy with your twiggy!"

"Whaaat? I can't believe that happened to me!!! I'm insulted. It's 1984, did she at least record it to the VHS camcorder???"

Cuuld you please spoiler that out? Thanks.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone drop impressions about stream quality?

I have 200 mb download speed, will be watching on series X with C9 + surround sound

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...

Let's see. I'll put myself in that guy's shoes...

"Dude! While you were possessed with another's soul, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman, got jiggy with your twiggy!"

"Whaaat? I can't believe that happened to me!!! I'm insulted. It's 1984, did she at least record it to the VHS camcorder???"
A "nice" post in 2020 huh. Bold move.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Does anyone whose seen it have a thought about this? It's a legit serious post.

Seems like kind of a big oversight that seems gross.
Magical rape
, really?! I thought the whole point of these Patty Jenkins films were to be more optimistic and light-hearted. This is contrary to that tone completely. This is more like when Slayven digs out all the fucked up
rape
that happens in comics decades ago by Charles Xavier.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
the app on ps5 didn't switch the tv to Dolby vision plus it looked low quality?? Any one noticing this?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I got my sister and brother in law an Amazon fire box thing for Christmas. This would be perfect to watch tonight. Anyone running HBO Max off this to watch this movie in 4K?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
using the Apple TV 4K and it's working fine- UHD/Dolby Vision...anyone have any bit-rate numbers?

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Just like aquaman, the scene at 1h11m should look amazing in HDR. Hope the streaming can show it off correctly.

Last edited:

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
sorry, console owners. from an Engadget report, these are the only 4K compatible HBO Max devices as of today:

• Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube
  • Android TVs, including: AT&T Streaming Box
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Google Chromecast Ultra
  • Chromecast with Google TV (no Atmos audio)
  • Roku Ultra 4800x, Roku 4k TVs,
  • Roku Premiere and Roku Streaming Stick+ (No Dolby Vision HDR or Atmos)
  • Xfinity X1 (Xi6) and Flex

on my Chromecast Ultra, I got a lot of video choppiness while connected to my 5GHz Wi-Fi. switched to wired Ethernet on my 300 down / 10 up connection, and that helped stabilize the 4K feed.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Ill just say I don't like the whole steve situation one bit. It's just fucking weird how it's introduced.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
So I'm in Canada, and just saw the movie available to rent both on PS Store and Amazon Prime. I thought it wasn't available in Canada.
Is this an error? And how's PStore for streaming versus Prime?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Many thoughts about this movie:

1. I liked this movie a lot. It felt like the lightest WB movie to date, even more fun than Shazam.

2. Pedro Pascal turned it up to 11 here and I loved it. It's not the Maxwell Lord I remember from the comics but he was always such a minor character it doesn't feel odd that they changed him

3. I got heavy McGuire Spider-Man vibes from this in terms of tone, which again I loved. I see people calling it cheesy but hey maybe comic book movies have to be a little cheesy sometimes

An easy 4/5 comic book movie.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Walter Chaw was simply not feeling it:

https://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2020/12/ww84.html#more

I enjoyed the first one but jeez, this WW84 sounds misguided as all shit. Oh well.
aerMedv_460s.jpg

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about half way through...its fun. Perfect popcorn flick and I love having a new movie available right on Christmas morning. I can get used to this. DC still has a long road to even getting somewhat close to Marvel. I feel they tried going too dark with these movies at first, so now they are overcompensating with the cheesiness. Still enjoyable to watch once at least.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the streaming quality on this horrible? Hbo max just might be the worst streaming service for real

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Loved it. It's good cheesy fun with a somewhat heartwarming ending. Could have done without the vhs strobing and grain effects though.

Nov 13, 2017
Just finished it. What a fucking gut punch in the feels! I loved it. It feels so different from the current era of comic book movies.

All the actors KILLED it. I'm so glad I was able to watch this safely at home. Felt like a real Christmas gift!

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the point was of having it set in '84 if they weren't going to have an 80's soundtrack. Guardians of the Galaxy felt more 80's than this.