• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Since you're a self proclaimed neophyte of the genre I'm not going to start a detailed argument with you. I hard disagree, it is not the best.

I will however agree, the NML scene is awesome.

I'm not against them or anything! They just don't do much for me.

I do wish the whole movie had the feel and quality of the middle act, but alas.

Do we know what time this (PST) is releasing on HBO Max?

9am PST.

plau

Oct 30, 2017
I'm starting to wonder, did the 80's consist of only one year? Do I not exist at all?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
AV Club's review was a lot more negative than I expected. Could have sworn it was a C- when first posted but now it's at a C+.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
In the hbo max app it has the first few minutes available now to watch, but it's not showing up as 4k for me. This isn't showing up for anyone in 4k is it?
Since they announced the movie would be their first 4K release it could be that the preview itself is not. Which seems silly! But also the kind of oversight not out of character for this service, haha

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
List of devices that will support 4K/HDR:

www.engadget.com

HBO Max lists all the devices that can play 'Wonder Woman 1984' in 4K HDR

HBO Max will stream 'Wonder Woman 1984' in 4K and HDR starting on Christmas Day, but only to certain devices.

• Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube
  • Android TVs, including: AT&T Streaming Box
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Google Chromecast Ultra
  • Chromecast with Google TV (no Atmos audio)
  • Roku Ultra 4800x, Roku 4k TVs
  • Xfinity X1 (Xi6) and Flex

I'll add it to the OP as well.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since they announced the movie would be their first 4K release it could be that the preview itself is not. Which seems silly! But also the kind of oversight not out of character for this service, haha
Figures lol. They've made some baffling decisions. Really wondering how the 4k quality on this looks. Wouldn't be surprised if the service goes down tomorrow or only streams at 480p or something from all the people trying to stream it too lol.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Double Toasted review

Korey: Rental
Billy: Rental
Martin: Rental

Does anyone whose seen it have a thought about this? It's a legit serious post.

Seems like kind of a big oversight that seems gross.

GXldeMn.gif

Yikes, that's... that should probably not have made it into the film to be honest.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

All of the ways this has been done before including but not limited to things that already exist as of the first movie and they go with this shit....that's....oof.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Is it? I just rewatched half of it. The only places it really shines is Diana and Steve's chemistry and the pretty cool action choreography. The plot is like barely taped to together vague nonsense

I mean, yeah.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Wonder Woman

Before she was Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, Diana meets an American pilot (Chris Pine) who tells her about the massive conflict that's raging in the outside world. Convinced that...

93% on RottenTomatoes. 76 on Metacritic (the same as Guardians of the Galaxy and similar to other well-reviewed comic films). And discussion around it is generally very positive other than the third act.

It's certainly not perfect but Wonder Woman was a very well-received film.

Perhaps some of that came from it being the first DCEU film that wasn't terrible but still.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah man. Was hoping it would be up tonight. Releasing 9pm on Christmas Eve makes more sense than 9am on Christmas Day.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
My top 5 (not sure if I could order them) would probably be:

Logan
Batman Begins
Into the Spider-Verse
Incredibles
Iron Man

Fuck... I forgot about Logan, too.

Maybe easier for me to say, "I'm excited for this since Wonder Woman is one of the few comic book/superhero movies I have enjoyed," at this point rather than boldly declare it my favorite haha.

Nov 13, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive commentary around rape
Wonder Woman is my favorite comic book movie too. Also lmao @ the pearl clutching above. Please.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Is it? I just rewatched half of it. The only places it really shines is Diana and Steve's chemistry and the pretty cool action choreography. The plot is like barely taped to together vague nonsense

so you don't like superhero movies? Cause outside of winter soldier and black Panther, you just described every superhero movie.

Nov 21, 2017
so you don't like superhero movies? Cause outside of winter soldier and black Panther, you just described every superhero movie.

Some I find enjoyable, but less and less so. So your take isn't totally wrong, lol. To be clear, I think WW was on par with marvel for the most part. But I do think the plot is a bit more nonsensical than the average post phase 1 marvel movie. I truly do not understand Ares or the Amazons behaviors or motives.

The thing about WW, though, was that I enjoyed parts of it enough to be excited about a sequel where Patty and Co. would hopefully have more creative freedom. Doubly so, since it wasn't a Marvel film, so it wouldn't be beholden to the larger universe arc

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Yea word of mouth here is bad too. Wanted to watch this since I have two vouchers for free movies expiring soon but now I rather watch other movies instead. Covid have pushed Asian Cinemas here imo since there are not much Hollywood choices lol.

pitt_norton

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive commentary around rape

Hmmm...

Let's see. I'll put myself in that guy's shoes...

"Dude! While you were possessed with another's soul, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman, got jiggy with your twiggy!"

"Whaaat? I can't believe that happened to me!!! I'm insulted. It's 1984, did she at least record it to the VHS camcorder???"

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...

"Dude! While you were possessed with another's soul, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman, got jiggy with your twiggy!"

"Whaaat? I can't believe that happened to me!!! I'm insulted. It's 1984, did she at least record it to the VHS camcorder???"

...I don't think they would see it that way...

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
...I don't think they would see it that way...

I mean they show you the guy at the end, and he has no memory of what happened whatsoever and clearly doesn't know who Diana is, so the gist is some sort of time rewritten for everyone but Diana moment. I mean no one else is freaking out about what happened, which they would be if it'd happened in their experience, which suggests either time or reality was changed when Maxwell unwished everything.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they show you the guy at the end, and he has no memory of what happened whatsoever and clearly doesn't know who Diana is, so the gist is some sort of time rewritten for everyone but Diana moment. I mean no one else is freaking out about what happened, which they would be if it'd happened in their experience, which suggests either time or reality was changed when Maxwell unwished everything.

In the end it's still pretty fucked up.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

It could have been interesting if Wonder Woman just respected her time with the guy but kept her distance somewhat knowing it was kind of messed up

Hmmm...

So because wonder woman is attractive/popular (to you) it's OK for her to use the guys body as she wants? lol

Where's the line?

Nov 21, 2017

Lol, this is similar to the logic that dismisses rape by female teachers against male students. The teacher was hot! The boy wasn't raped! He's a stud! Good for him.

Bottom line is Diana and Steve knowingly use another persons body for sex without his consent. It ain't a good look, and it could have easily been avoided