• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
it will never not annoy me that they took away her power to fly

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
How long is that lasso
as long as it needs to be
W6r1r.jpg

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw a different one on tv, actually like that one better.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of screwed in Toronto. Theaters are closed and the movies are not on streaming here in Canada :(

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hope at the end it's like the Sixth Sense when it comes to Chris Pine and she's revealed to have been seeing dead people.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
That was kind of a weird...overly sappy trailer that almost kinda diluted the conveyance of her character. Not a fan.

it will never not annoy me that they took away her power to fly

I get it, but tbh her using the lasso to propel herself is kind of a cool ass thing. I like expressions of heroes actually exerting to do the stuff we take for granted they'll do.

That's one of the things I like about what Man of Steel's suggestion of Superman's flight; it wasn't just a matter of him raising his arms and flying, but rather something that he had to fucking earn out of practice and sheer will.

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
That was kind of a weird...overly sappy trailer that almost kinda diluted the conveyance of her character. Not a fan.

I get it, but tbh her using the lasso to propel herself is kind of a cool ass thing. I like expressions of heroes actually exerting to do the stuff we take for granted they'll do.

That's one of the things I like about what Man of Steel's suggestion of Superman's flight; it wasn't just a matter of him raising his arms and flying, but rather something that he had to fucking earn out of practice and sheer will.

Bizarrely enough, I think MoS specific mode of flight may have actually come from Smallville.

Also, I agree.

Due to its overuse, I tend to look not all that favorably on passive flight, and most passive powers.

While depowering Diana is sorta lame, the writers have given her some lesser-used/new tricks which have somewhat made up for it and make her a more engaging hero to watch fight.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Gotta be frank - more than a bit pissed this is limited to theaters in Canada. Despite Crave (and its multiple tiers) being a completely viable avenue for streaming HBO Max content (with precedent).

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely love her, but I still can't get over Kristen Wiig as an evil CG supervillain.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love her, but I still can't get over Kristen Wiig as an evil CG supervillain.
I agree, she has felt really off in all the trailers. Hopefully the full context makes it not feel so weird but I'd be surprised if she doesn't end up not being that great of a villain.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I know it's a weird thing to take away from the trailer, but one thing I've liked about what I've seen so far from 84 is the apparant de-emphasis of sword and shield Diana that was featured in the first movie.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Will there be anyway to stream 4k HBO Max from an Ipad or phone to a TV? F'ing Samsung bought exclusive rights to HBO app ages ago and apparently that includes HBO Max. Might have to also download it from other means to just play it in 4k on my LG TV....

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I know it's a weird thing to take away from the trailer, but one thing I've liked about what I've seen so far from 84 is the apparant de-emphasis of sword and shield Diana that was featured in the first movie.
Pretty sure that patty Jenkins confirmed that she doesn't use the sword at all in the movie.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Pretty sure that patty Jenkins confirmed that she doesn't use the sword at all in the movie.
Oh, well then that's awesome...like I said, I know it's a weird thing to get hung up on, but I've just never been a fan of sword/shield Diana, either in the movies or the comics...the idea of a sword-wielding, stabby Wonder Woman always felt in opposition to her character, and the shield just comes off as redundent when you have a character who already uses one of the most iconic bullet-deflecting items in all of superhero fiction.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Bizarrely enough, I think MoS specific mode of flight may have actually come from Smallville.

Also, I agree.

Due to its overuse, I tend to look not all that favorably on passive flight, and most passive powers.

While depowering Diana is sorta lame, the writers have given her some lesser-used/new tricks which have somewhat made up for it and make her a more engaging hero to watch fight.

Oh really? I'll go look for it but it's cool either way. For all the shit people give Snyder, watching Supes sputter and crash before finding himself was a great way to give him some gravitas, even if done over all of 5 mins.

In the trailer she grapple hooks lightning to go to the store or whatever, which is great; that's bad ass. It'd be great if she can throw her weight around like she-hulk or something similar, punching and launching herself through buildings to get to people.

Either way, should be a great movie.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Will there be anyway to stream 4k HBO Max from an Ipad or phone to a TV? F'ing Samsung bought exclusive rights to HBO app ages ago and apparently that includes HBO Max. Might have to also download it from other means to just play it in 4k on my LG TV....
Yep, you can use Chromecast or AirPlay to cast it in 4K to any TV that's compatible. If you've got a smart TV, you can probably use at least one of those.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
If you have a Roku stick, you can Airplay it. I tested it out last week.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Oh really? I'll go look for it but it's cool either way. For all the shit people give Snyder, watching Supes sputter and crash before finding himself was a great way to give him some gravitas, even if done over all of 5 mins.

In the trailer she grapple hooks lightning to go to the store or whatever, which is great; that's bad ass. It'd be great if she can throw her weight around like she-hulk or something similar, punching and launching herself through buildings to get to people.

Either way, should be a great movie.

Honestly, Man of Steel is the only DC movie Snyder got sorta right. Unfortunately, it is also the main one where I don't think the fundamental failures were as heavily script-driven: the script is not good, but the directorial decisions are worse.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There were literally no new scenes in this one lol. All rehashed from the last couple trailers.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The scene where she runs down the street looks awkward like they filmed it on location by pulling her across a rig instead of going inside of a studio, putting Gadot on a treadmill, and green screening it.

My only complaint about it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The scene where she runs down the street looks awkward like they filmed it on location by pulling her across a rig instead of going inside of a studio, putting Gadot on a treadmill, and green screening it.

My only complaint about it.
That's exactly what they did, lol. The first set photos from the movie were that scene. She was pulled along on a wire rig on a real street.