• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
my guard is always up on these early impressions, but so far so good

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been bad early impressions of a superhero movie on Twitter?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huge news!

Hope it's good. Enjoyed the first well enough. Glad HBO is getting their heads out of their asses and doing 4KHDR.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I was very hesitant when I heard about Wiig's role, but I keep hearing that she's very good.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's weird knowing that I will for sure see a movie I'm excited about, the day it releases. Usually it's a debate I have internally weighing things like busy crowds and spoilers, and I usually settle on a week later.

No more, thanks WB!

Falcon Mike

Jun 5, 2019
Hmmm definitely getting some , " I've been exclusively invited to this party and if i want to continue to be invited to future parties , I'm gonna have to dance " vibes from some (not all) of these impressions.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer didn't look that hot. Nothing about the movie felt "80's" to me, aside from some tiresome joke about parachute pants and the use of Blue Monday.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Hmmm definitely getting some , " I've been exclusively invited to this party and if i want to continue to be invited to future parties , I'm gonna have to dance " vibes from some (not all) of these impressions.
Dont think you will ever see a truly negative opinion at those early reactions,at worst its gonna be "movie is fun!" or "its worse than the first but still good"

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
First impressions definitely skew positively but they're still valuable, you can always read between the lines.

The praise for captain marvel was softer than usual, as were the hype tweets for episode 9 from what I remember. Venom as well.

(Saying this as someone who stans Brie Larson and thought CM was AIGHT.. not tryna associate with the man children who lashed out at that film)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Jenna Busch's impressions usually line up with mine when I see a film, so I'm glad she's up on it.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
If the leaked plot is accurate then there's no way it gets this warmly received by critics.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but that cat tech is so distracting. I hope the rest of the movie is good.

Not critics and not random fans, but more like "respected" bloggers.
What they typically do is say to people, if you have something positive to say say it early as an impression.
If you don't then save it for a review at the embargo.

If it's overwhelmingly positive then they usually move the embargo up.

If it's overwhelmingly negative then they usually don't allow early reviews.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, the typical "I was in tears by the end!" early impression.

(I'm sure the movie will be great though)

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
While true, not everyone was invited to some special screening...

Though I guess he technically was on the panel afterwards.

Looks like there were special IMAX screenings as well for some press.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry but that cat tech is so distracting. I hope the rest of the movie is good.

What they typically do is say to people, if you have something positive to say say it early as an impression.
If you don't then save it for a review at the embargo.

If it's overwhelmingly positive then they usually move the embargo up.

If it's overwhelmingly negative then they usually don't allow early reviews.

Yeah WB wouldn't let the reviews drop 10 days before the movie unless they felt really good about WW. Of course they evidently thought BvS was going to be a huge hit too.

Falcon Mike

Jun 5, 2019
While true, not everyone was invited to some special screening...

Though I guess he technically was on the panel afterwards.

Looks like there were special IMAX screenings as well for some press.

I meant like a metaphorical party. And most of them talking to Gal and cast after seeing the film pretty much tells me everything i need to know from these impressions. Which is... take them lightly

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I remember there was some high praise for the mulan movie based off impressions, but the actual reviews came out pretty mixed. I'm more optimistic about this movie though.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm still a but skeptical about this one, but I'm rooting for Patty Jenkins.

These early impressions are as trustworthy as the Cyberpunk posts from "influencers"

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Early impressions typically don't mean much. I'm still about 99% sure I'll love this one, though it seems I'm easy to please. I also liked all the Star Wars sequel movies, Armageddon, and Suicide Squad lol.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao here we go

The third act in WW is no worse than it is in nearly every MCU flick.

latest

I beg to differ.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
There's something about these tweets that feels like they're written by some AI