• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
These throwback movies always make me wonder if 30 years from now, movies will look back as fondly on the 00s and 10s.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
These throwback movies always make me wonder if 30 years from now, movies will look back as fondly on the 00s and 10s.
The first decade of the 2000s will be used when you need to show creeping authoritarianism and the after effects terrorism can have on society (rolling back civil liberties, etc) - if you mean from a sound and stylistic sound point, not so much, not unless found footage stops being a thing.

Oct 2, 2018
I watched the trailer 2 more times and I hope the final movie is as good. They didnt really show too much of the CGI finale act. June is too far away.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit! Probably said a million times already in the thread, but we Edgar Wright now? That bit with the gunshots was superb, completely won me over after I was a bit on the "eeeh" side with the whole 80s angle.

It's like an executive said "make it an 80s movie, it's all the rage with kids these days", but then they actually hired an incredibly competent team who managed to pull it off even though it's super played out by now.

That gunshots scene, goddamn.

I don't usually watch superhero stuff that isn't made by James Gunn, but I'm in for this one. Do I NEED to watch the first? It looks so boring.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Holy fucking shit! Probably said a million times already in the thread, but we Edgar Wright now? That bit with the gunshots was superb, completely won me over after I was a bit on the "eeeh" side with the whole 80s angle.

It's like an executive said "make it an 80s movie, it's all the rage with kids these days", but then they actually hired an incredibly competent team who managed to pull it off even though it's super played out by now.

I don't usually watch superhero stuff that isn't made by James Gunn, but I'm in for this one. Do I NEED to watch the first? It looks so boring.
The first is very good, and you should absolutely watch it, because this is a direct sequel.

The trailers do a horrible job of selling WW, but the movie is actually great.

Nov 13, 2017

The first one is honestly awesome. It feels nothing like Marvel movies do.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's pretty funny/clever is that they reversed the fish out of water scenario with with Diana now showing Steve the modern world

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Dont know if there is still interest in it, but here is the " blue monday" cover used in the trailer , straight from the creator's official channel .

May 24, 2019
It's production music. You could pay to use it in your own video, but it's probably not going to be in the movie.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Don't want to go though 11 pages of this thread. How is Steve back?
giphy.gif

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It looks great. I loved the first one, so I'm stoked for this one. Love the colors and the tone. I don't think I realized Pedro Pascal was in this. I haven't been following it. And he's playing Max Lord? Fantastic.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife is questioning Pine being in this as she said it was stated in JL that she was pining (no pun intended) for him for much longer than 30+ years. An actual number was used. That true?

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife is questioning Pine being in this as she said it was stated in JL that she was pining (no pun intended) for him for much longer than 30+ years. An actual number was used. That true?
Nobody cares about Justice League (or Batman v Superman, or Suicide Squad).

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam were all based on the "DCEU" Snyderverse canon, but they are much better than it and have outgrown it, and are the new DCEU canon. If something in Wonder Woman 1984 conflicts with something from Justice League, then Justice League was wrong.

Plus, it's possible that there is no conflict. Chris Pine in this movie might be a hologram, or a shapeshifter, or whatever. Or maybe Diana's memories from 1984 got erased before Justice League. It's comic books, so anything's possible.

Oct 27, 2017

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam were all based on the "DCEU" Snyderverse canon, but they are much better than it and have outgrown it, and are the new DCEU canon. If something in Wonder Woman 1984 conflicts with something from Justice League, then Justice League was wrong.

Plus, it's possible that there is no conflict. Chris Pine in this movie might be a hologram, or a shapeshifter, or whatever. Or maybe Diana's memories from 1984 got erased before Justice League. It's comic books, so anything's possible.
I like it all. Will relay. Thank you. Trailer looked dope and I quite enjoyed the first. When my wife mentioned JL, I blanked and had to come here because... that flick....

May 24, 2019

If the story is what it appears to be then
she's only going to be with him for a few days. Such a brief blip probably isn't going to have been worth bringing up. Probably just gives her closure, if anything.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I've never really understood the whole "Wonder Woman has a bad 3rd act" angle. I mean, all superhero movies break down in the 3rd act. I've yet to see one that doesn't. It's a universal problem for superhero films. I have no idea why WW was singled out for a problem that's endemic to the very genre.

They probably can't say or give hints how Steve is back because (again, if plot leaks are true) to do so would give away the movie's plot. Star-Lord is definitely on the right track, though...
I'm guessing Steve will have to die again by the end. Maybe that'll be one of this series' recurring gimmicks: Steve comes back in every movie and dies every time.
It seems like bringing Steve back carries significant consequences. I bet she makes a deal to bring him back under false pretenses, hence the line "nothing good can come from a lie". Wonder if she has to let Steve die again to ultimately beat the baddie
Oh, yeah, absolutely.
Yea I'm not feeling that at all, and I say that as someone that gradually warmed up to their romance in the 1st movie
You never forget your first.

Or at least, Diana didn't.
Why is pop culture so obsessed with particularly the year 1984?
Because, deep down, we all wish it was still 1984.
The first didn't either, not sure why anyone is surprised that it's continuing.
I think it's because the trailer indicates the movie will have a brighter color palette than the first one did.
I'm assuming Steve is only around for a short bit and it's all a deception.
They wouldn't have gotten Chris Pine back just to do a short bit. He'll be in it a lot. But he won't make it to the end (again).
I don't think there's any chance of that. So many of our movies today are so heavily reliant on computer technology, which will only improve as time goes on, and make older movies look bad.

Older movies have aged better than current ones will precisely because the lower level of technology demanded a higher level of craftsmanship from the people involved--the writers, directors, actors, etc. There's been a decline in skill in these positions across the board. In the old days, actors played to the audience--they cut their teeth on stage and were accustomed to using their whole bodies to do their job. Nowadays, actors play to the camera, which is nearly always zoomed in on their beautiful, beautiful faces. Most actors today don't know how to do anything more than stand around and speak lines while not looking directly at the camera. Focus groups and having half a dozen writers or more on a movie doesn't do the writing any favors. A lot of script writers these days struggle to give their characters something as basic as believable motivations. And everyone knows that good directors are a dying breed. The CGI is what's keeping the movie industry going these days. But today's CGI will look awful to tomorrow's audiences.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
This trailer is in contention for best trailers of all time. Give the sound people a raise too.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a magical remix by the great Hanz Zimmer.
You won't find it anywhere. It's orchestral version. Takes a lot of time and talent to produce.
Hans Zimmer doesn't do trailer cuts. In every movie scored by him the trailer cuts are done by other artists/trailer companies. They might use cues inspired by Hans' actual score but he doesn't do them.

Whut, link to that? Pretty sure it's just a remix by some trailer company.
The artist doing the cover in WW84's case is Sebastian Böhm

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Because of this damn trailer my music playlist at work in the past 2 days been mostly diffrent versions of " blue monday " .
This Bohm remix , The Health remix from the atomic blond soundtrack, the classic version, I cant stop playing them all .

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Because of this damn trailer my music playlist at work in the past 2 days been mostly diffrent versions of " blue monday " .
This Bohm remix , The Health remix from the atomic blond soundtrack, the classic version, I cant stop playing them all .
Same lol : D
Hope the extended version of this first trailer (someone quoted a tweet about it being 1mn longer) features the long version of the remix (would be the same lenght).

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I watched the trailer again today. They're...gonna CGI that gold armor, right? It's so goofy looking.