• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
This looks good, I haven't seen any of the DC movies except suicide squad and joker. I'm just digging the coloring for the movie nice and clean but the colors pop out too.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Looks so good, any use of New Order is guaranteed to get me hyped. That lightning scene is so good.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever cut the trailer, props to them. Synced with the music so well. Hopefully that version of Blue Monday gets released at some point, as it's a decent remix from the sound of it
Hyped.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that the legendary Hans Zimmer is composing WW84. He's badass WW theme from BvS is going to return just like it returned in Rupert's Rendition of the same in Wonder Woman 2017

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah I'm watching this. Trailer was vague enough for me not to pick up on what the general plot will be, I appreciate that.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Looks so good! Love that there is more color, more lasso, and that lightning ride gave me goosebumps.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of Thor: Ragnarok a lot. Guess it's the music and colors?

Edit: oh and I got a lot of Spider-Man vibes too with the way she used her lasso to web swing.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I loved WW, and I'm looking forward to this, but Gadot really is a terrible actor.
I expected her to be much worse. I thought she did alright, maybe it was my low expectations, maybe it's because Patty Jenkins is a FREAKIN GENIUS!!!!!!
Anyway, Wonder Woman is my favorite superhero movie of all time, and Gadot didn't get in the way of that at least.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soundtrack was great, trailer was good with subtle hints about the plot without giving too much.

I liked it.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friend kept telling me the trailer was pandering to the male audience? The super hero landing had too much focus on her legs, the slowmo bullet deflect focused right on her tits, and there was an up skirt shot when she was lassoing. Is this man reaching hard or do other people actually see this?

Oct 25, 2017
He is the film's composer. And just listen to first 5 seconds, that's Hans famous bass for The dark knight.
There are many subtle signature clues throughout the score.
But without a source I wouldn't say it was him.
A lot of people thought The Force Awakens first trailer drop was composed by John Williams but it wasn't.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
My friend kept telling me the trailer was pandering to the male audience? The super hero landing had too much focus on her legs, the slowmo bullet deflect focused right on her tits, and there was an up skirt shot when she was lassoing. Is this man reaching hard or do other people actually see this?
He's reaching hard...

I mean there's merit to criticism about WW's costume in contrast to so many male heroes who aren't "exposed" in the same way, but a woman's chest being in-frame is not the same as lingering on it with intent to crassly objectify. That is not how framing works.

It's certainly nothing like this shot from Winter Soldier where the focus is entirely on her ass.

ImperturbableColossalCod-size_restricted.gif

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's reaching hard...

I mean there's merit to criticism about WW's costume in contrast to so many male heroes who aren't "exposed" in the same way, but a woman's chest being in-frame is not the same as lingering on it with intent to crassly objectify. That is not how framing works.

It's certainly nothing like this shot from Winter Soldier where the focus is entirely on her ass.

ImperturbableColossalCod-size_restricted.gif
Yeah just watched it again, paying attention to the shots he mentioned. Nothing lingers except for her boobs in the slowmo scene but that's because she just happens to have boobs. They weren't the focus of it at all. No cleavage either so I don't get it. Also tried really hard to look up her skirt and I couldn't. Wearing a skirt doesn't equal sexualization.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Love it! I really didn't expect to like the original as much as I did (DC didn't really have a good rep back then), so I'm very excited about this one. Hope it's as good as the first!

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
If it gets people into New Order I'm all for it.

But seriously, looks on par with the first movie, which I thought was mildly entertaining. Wish there were more plot details.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Blue Monday is a great song but I hate how it's become a shorthand to evoke the 80s though admittedly they did use it well. Trailer looks good.