• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random thought: Patty Jenkins was supposed to direct Thor 2: The Dark World, but she didn't, so she saved the DCEU by making Wonder Woman instead.

Marvel followed Thor 2 up with Thor Ragnarok, and then Patty followed Wonder Woman up with Wonder Woman 1984.

Also, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is Chris Pine's daddy in the new Star Trek movies.

It's all connected.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So with all the Maxwell Lord talk about wishing for things, is that literally going to be Diana wishing Steve back into existence? Same with how Cheetah maybe gets her abilities?

Like that watch just falling over seems more deliberate to indicate something is happening...

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good but there's an obvious unsettling aspect to WW being played by someone that supports brutal occupation of civilians. I know she's at least gone against Netenyahu and his band of fanatics, which lessens the sting for me. Hope she's coming round.

Also, wish she'd bulk up a little, still way too slender to be WW.
Yea same, rather unfortunate how someone who is playing a supposed beacon of humanity personally supports a warcriminal Enterprise in Israel.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so since DC/WB are now cool with standalone/elseworlds type movies (Joker) and movies with a year in the title (WW84) whats it gonna take for a live action Batman '66?
there's already a live-action Batman 66 movie
giphy.gif

(and a TV show too)

or are you asking for, like, a period-piece reboot without Adam West and the rest of the cast?

because if so no thanks

like, absolutely not

or do you want more of this?

5SJC.gif

the only reason the Batman 66 comics work at all is because they can draw the likenesses and you can imagine the voices

i'd be down to see a movie set in the 40s when the original comics came out, though.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
there's already a live-action Batman 66 movie
giphy.gif

(and a TV show too)

or are you asking for, like, a period-piece reboot without Adam West and the rest of the cast?

because if so no thanks

like, absolutely not

or do you want more of this?

5SJC.gif

the only reason the Batman 66 comics work at all is because they can draw the likenesses and you can imagine the voices

i'd be down to see a movie set in the 40s when the original comics came out, though.

Yeah a period piece played for laughs. If you can recast Shatner's Captain Kirk you can recast 60s Batman.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Random thought: Patty Jenkins was supposed to direct Thor 2: The Dark World, but she didn't, so she saved the DCEU by making Wonder Woman instead.

Marvel followed Thor 2 up with Thor Ragnarok, and then Patty followed Wonder Woman up with Wonder Woman 1984.

Also, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is Chris Pine's daddy in the new Star Trek movies.

It's all connected.
UaLpJOKh.jpg

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah a period piece played for laughs. If you can recast Shatner's Captain Kirk you can recast 60s Batman.
there is a massive difference between recasting an iconic role for a new film with its own take on the character vs recasting to recreate a very specific take on a character that only works because of the personal affectations of the original actor.

Chris Pine isn't doing a Shatner impression and those films are tonally different from the TV series

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this trailer was great and I really didn't care for the first movie. Very ragnorok like but also is nice in that it doesn't give away the plot. Seems to be just a trailer to generate awareness which is fine.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first movie even though act 3 was a bit shaky so really looking forward to this one. Also even in JL WW was the stand out for me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow. That was really fucking good. The visuals, the action, tone, very interested

The washed out colors/grey/brown palette these movies typically have is gone, from what I can see. Everything feels crisp and vibrant.

Last edited:

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Just spent at least an hour listening to various Blue Monday remixes and covers. Also the movie looks good.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this film. How did she go back in time? Wasn't the last one set modern day and why does this need to be 84? Also why is she shocked at art and technology when she was in present day before anyway

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
Good trailer! I really liked the first movie, this one looks like it's going to be good too

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to not like a trailer with that music.
The first movie was shit, but this looks alright appart from some poor CGI. I hope for lots of 80s music in the movie.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly cut trailer. I thought the first movie was decent at best so this did nothing to get me interested in the sequel. Some of the visuals seem cool though.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm dying at the people posting spoilers and people then quoting them. Some wonderful people on this site, truly