• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
That shit looked fucking awesome man. I have no idea who the damn villain, but Pedro Pascal is in, and so am I.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Steve coming back has to be Maxwell Lord's doing. Looks beautiful and who doesn't want more steve and diana, which was the standout in part 1.

I was always sold, but then Golden Goddess and riding lightning? Sold even more.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I love how Jenkins confirmed this is just a followup to 1 and the BvS/JL stuff is no longer canon.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer fucking slapped goddamn. Thor Ragnarok vibes. The 80s is a good setting.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Swinging on lightning? Her speed feats are a match for Supes and Flash by this point (in the movie universe, anyway)

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

cjbenny

Oct 29, 2017
I stand by my opinion that Wonder Woman was one of the best superhero(ine) movies this decade, and I am so ready for this.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
How is it no longer canon? This film takes place in the 80s which is way before BvS and JL.
iirc the implication from one of those movies was that Diana hasn't been active since WWI and shut herself away from superhero-ing after that.

That said I have a hard time believing Patty Jenkins said the words, "those movies are no longer canon" lol

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Jenkins confirmed this is just a followup to 1 and the BvS/JL stuff is no longer canon.

What are you talking about?

Yes the DCEU is getting away from the Snyder films, but that doesn't mean this Diana is any different from the BvS Diana... you literally contradict that by saying "A followup to 1" which literally has ties to BvS such as the photo.

Just because it's standalone doesn't mean it's no longer tied into the expanded universe that started it. Does telling yourself that BvS was terrible and not a part of the shared universe to this make you enjoy this movie better?

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Boy they are really learning from Thor and Guardians huh? :D

Looks cool. A couple of parts kind of felt like it might be leaning into that over the top VFX that the DC films seem to lean on a bit much tho.
Hope the just leave this as a separate thing and dont bother trying to make a justice league out of the success of this lol (unless they find a way to make it work of course)

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I guess they're saving it for a shocking twist in the movie proper but I would have liked a Cheetah reveal in the trailer. Also generally like Lord as a Justice League villain more than a villain for individual members.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Also in regards to the "out of the spotlight" stuff, we literally see her destroy a security camera to hide her fight.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I might just be in a good mood thanks to the Chiefs beating the Patriots, but I thought that looked pretty good.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Also in regards to the "out of the spotlight" stuff, we literally see her destroy a security camera to hide her fight.

which is corny as fuck. It's Wonder Woman, not Batman.

Just say there is a magic device she has that makes cameras not work or better yet have her erased from everyone's mind at the end if you really don't want her to be remembered.

Wonder Woman isnt covert.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: this trailer looks better and trilled me more than the black widow trailer. This trailer reminded me of the Thor Ragnarok trailer, the style and music.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like the "scenes" in the trailer but as someone who hasn't followed this movie at all, it did nothing to convey what it was about.