• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree for a couple of reasons.

WWE is much different than Colin in that they are a massive global company, ERA isn't exactly moving the needle when it comes to directing eyeballs at their product.

The WWE is also full of quality individuals like Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan who share the values of most of the people here who are rightfully shitting on the decisions of WWE management. We should be able to support those people while we dump on Vince McMahon and his cronies.

Pretty much.

Colin Moriarty = an individual who contributes nothing of value. Not much to talk about there except to reaffirm what a boring garbage person he is, and the end result of that less than productive discussion would just be to give him free exposure.

WWE = a massive corporation that is a significant part of a wider cultural phenomenon, and like a lot of those things, has a problematic history and is ran to a large degree by garbage people.

There are, of course, a lot of things worse than Colin Moriarty. Moriarty just happens to be bad, specifically reliant on a shtick that channels the annoyance of the left, and not the least bit conducive to good discussion all at once.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the SA crowd booed, and were apparently so offended that women wrestlers appeared in a WWE ad on their big screen.

I don't think WWE threads should be banned, but I do question how people can still watch it. Aside from Vince being a shitstain, it's just awful TV outside of NXT which Vince has no say in.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: In 2012 Saudi family representatives visited Ankara Turkey to invest in some real estate. But they found out Ankara was housing a Gathering House, a worshipping place for Alevi/Bektashi community. The family rep told Erdogan that they were not paying a dime until that "Satan house" was demolished and followers were converted to the Muhammadian sects. Erdogan actually tried to do that, but even he was not powerful enough to go against ECHR, which Alevi community filed a complaint there right away.

Saudis don't give a shit about human rights of discrimination of any kind. They'd gladly start a slavery business as Islam permits if they didn't have such big pressure above them. But the US do, just like Turkey did. Protesting WWE is not enough, Americans need to find a way to stop this shit.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Constantly talking about how shitty WWE is acting is a much more powerful tool in spreading awareness of their behavior than "deplatforming" them.
WWE is much different than Colin in that they are a massive global company, ERA isn't exactly moving the needle when it comes to directing eyeballs at their product.
14COhR2.png

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Fun fact: In 2012 Saudi family representatives visited Ankara Turkey to invest in some real estate. But they found out Ankara was housing a Gathering House, a worshipping place for Alevi/Bektashi community. The family rep told Erdogan that they were not paying a dime until that "Satan house" was demolished and followers were converted to the Muhammadian sects. Erdogan actually tried to do that, but even he was not powerful enough to go against ECHR, which Alevi community filed a complaint there right away.

Saudis don't give a shit about human rights of discrimination of any kind. They'd gladly start a slavery business as Islam permits if they didn't have such big pressure above them. But the US do, just like Turkey did. Protesting WWE is not enough, Americans need to find a way to stop this shit.
Our shit fuck of a president wouldn't condemn Saudi Arabia (or even admit it happened at all initially) after they dismembered one of our journalists. That is a tall fucking order.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Our shit fuck of a president wouldn't condemn Saudi Arabia (or even admit it happened at all initially) after they dismembered one of our journalists. That is a tall fucking order.

That's why the US needs something that's equivalent of ECHR. All these shit happening because there's not a higher power to protect the most basic human rights. It's actually kinda ironic that the nation who wrote the first draft of the bill of human rights has no means to protect them.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have access to the newsletter, I recommend reading the full section on the Saudi show. Dave went off.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who first came up with the line about how this is really about WWE going over there and promoting a more progressive culture through entertainment. I want to say it was JBL.

But after listening to the Moxley interview on Talk Is Jericho I feel like this is another example of the McMahon Jedi Mind Trick. Like he convinces just enough of the people who he can rely on to be defenders of his bullshit to go out and stan for the company giving out this line how they're bringing freedom to the Middle East or some shit, despite likely them knowing in the back of their minds how stupid this all is.

Meanwhile we all know what's going on. I mean this is a card that's featuring The Undertaker fighting Goldberg. The royal family asked to have guys like Yokozuna and Ultimate Warrior to show up, despite them being dead, to a previous show. This is about the Saudi royal family paying a shitload of money for a WWE show in their backyard where they can schmooze with their favorite old school wrestlers and watch some of the product live. It's seriously cringeworthy when Cole or someone else reads a line saying that the Saudi shows are as big if not bigger than Mania.

It's a real shame.

Here's a good video on that topic by Renegade Cut:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This has been known for a year and not at all surprising giving the lunacy of that government, OP probably should've mentioned Sami being Syrian too. He's also raised money for mobile hospitals in Syria which I don't recall WWE ever mentioning.

Even if he wasn't prevented from going, he still wouldn't go.

Last edited:

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I don't have anything to add but I'm surprised that so many are surprised that Roman "at the end of the day as long as I'm getting rich" Reigns is going. The ONLY reason he didn't go last time was because of cancer. I really don't understand why people like Sami and Sasha don't just go do interviews and bury the company for shit like this. What are they going to do, fire you?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, whenever I see someone in the company say "we're going over there to promote change" all I think of is

FickleSociableGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

Like they think this shit is really Rocky.

Jul 18, 2018
CTE/CTE relates cover ups.
Domestic Abuse cover ups/dismissal/forgiveness.
Animal abuse forgiveness.
Taken money for political policies to be enforced (tax dollars for pre game patriotic celebrations).
Lax drug enforcement (reason why Adderall is being popular and miuse in NFL and they acknowledge it but nothing yet to curb use).
A lot more....
This isn't even focusing on seperate owners part of owners association with their own agendas

So why should WWE be barred here when we allow NFL related stuff as all these corporations aren't innocent

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CTE/CTE relates cover ups.
Domestic Abuse cover ups/dismissal/forgiveness.
Animal abuse forgiveness.
Taken money for political policies to be enforced (tax dollars for pre game patriotic celebrations).
Lax drug enforcement (reason why Adderall is being popular and miuse in NFL and they acknowledge it but nothing yet to curb use).
A lot more....
This isn't even focusing on seperate owners part of owners association with their own agendas

So why should WWE be barred here when we allow NFL related stuff as all these corporations aren't innocent
No no no no I already know about what the NFL does but this isn't about the NFL is about the wwe. Do you want to make a thread them be guest

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
One of the most repressive governments in the entire world based on Wahhabi doctrine(the origin of islamic fundamentalist terror interpretation of islam) gets WWE pandering and countless USA perks. Meanwhile, we are drafting plans to invade Iran.

American goverment is a joke

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Just a reminder that the WWE is hosting another blood money event in Saudi Arabia this Friday (June 7th) as part of their 10-year contract with the kingdom.

Here's a great video (that needs to be viewed by more people) talking about the WWE's relationship with the Saudi Royal Family:

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I don't know who first came up with the line about how this is really about WWE going over there and promoting a more progressive culture through entertainment. I want to say it was JBL.

But after listening to the Moxley interview on Talk Is Jericho I feel like this is another example of the McMahon Jedi Mind Trick. Like he convinces just enough of the people who he can rely on to be defenders of his bullshit to go out and stan for the company giving out this line how they're bringing freedom to the Middle East or some shit, despite likely them knowing in the back of their minds how stupid this all is.

Meanwhile we all know what's going on. I mean this is a card that's featuring The Undertaker fighting Goldberg. The royal family asked to have guys like Yokozuna and Ultimate Warrior to show up, despite them being dead, to a previous show. This is about the Saudi royal family paying a shitload of money for a WWE show in their backyard where they can schmooze with their favorite old school wrestlers and watch some of the product live. It's seriously cringeworthy when Cole or someone else reads a line saying that the Saudi shows are as big if not bigger than Mania.

It's a real shame.

The term used to be money marks

Rich guys that pay to put on shows just to hang out with their faves

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Here it is:

Money Mark (n): A promoter who invests his own money in a wrestling promotion in order to get close to wrestlers and feel as if he is part of the wrestling industry. Wrestlers often pretend to be friends with the Money Mark, but snicker behind his back about fleecing him.

good resource - https://www.pwtorch.com/insiderglossary.shtml

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

This fundraiser launches at the same time as the Saudi show

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Extract from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter https://www.f4wonline.com/

So i don't understand, is KO in the show in the end ?
Anyway i still think about the wrestlers in that shit situation. It's kinda sad that make them all look like weak people not able to stand out for their ideas. I mean, we hear every day about a wrestler being about to leave WWE cause he's not happy about the way he's used, but none of them will tell WWE fuck you we're not going in SA ? Cause if they all did, WWE would have no choice.
I would almost imagine WWE has some sort of way to pressure them here cause i'm really surprised so few are saying no.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
So i don't understand, is KO in the show in the end ?
Anyway i still think about the wrestlers in that shit situation. It's kinda sad that make them all look like weak people not able to stand out for their ideas. I mean, we hear every day about a wrestler being about to leave WWE cause he's not happy about the way he's used, but none of them will tell WWE fuck you we're not going in SA ? Cause if they all did, WWE would have no choice.
I would almost imagine WWE has some sort of way to pressure them here cause i'm really surprised so few are saying no.

KO is not on the show. Sibarraz's extract was talking about last year's second show.