• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
That Vince Jedi Mind Trick thing has been going on for decades. I remember Austin using that exact term to describe something years ago so if Austin's using it the same way we're using it today then we can go back eras where this started.

Vince is trash. I'm glad more people are seeing that these days.

Oh for sure it goes back decades. Jericho even confirmed what Moxley was talking about because it's been done to him. Vince is a bullshit artist that knows how to social engineer his way to getting people to do what he wants, and when he can't, he just throws money at the problem to fix it.

I don't know if it's partially because there's now a potential legit competitor or the social media world just makes people more emboldened but I feel there's these renewed call outs of Vince's process from former wrestlers (and current ones in the case of Sasha Banks and Big E) that while they may have respect for the guy and the platform he gave them, how he goes about his business is less than ideal.

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody was ever able to corroborate that though, including other women who were at the show. It would be pretty shitty to deplatform based on a rumour.

So we don't believe the victim in this instance? Especially after the WWE released a statement condemning her by saying "well she apologized", mind you 100% unprovoked. Or after we know wwe has a history of burying as much bad news as possible?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Sami strikes me as someone who would say they didn't want to go anyway. At least he can't get any heat for not going.

Way less respect for a guy like Reigns going though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Oh for sure it goes back decades. Jericho even confirmed what Moxley was talking about because it's been done to him. Vince is a bullshit artist that knows how to social engineer his way to getting people to do what he wants, and when he can't, he just throws money at the problem to fix it.

I don't know if it's partially because there's now a potential legit competitor or the social media world just makes people more emboldened but I feel there's these renewed call outs of Vince's process from former wrestlers (and current ones in the case of Sasha Banks and Big E) that while they may have respect for the guy and the platform he gave them, how he goes about his business is less than ideal.
Yeah, for sure. Its always been a scummy and shitty industry. And Vince is just richer and smarter than a lot of the old time bookers/promoters. He was once ahead of his time in getting the importance of national TV and PPV.

Its really only been super recently that things have flipped around a bit in terms of that overall scuzziness. But that's not totally gone yet.

And Vince is an old ass rich man now. He is completely out of touch with what modern/young fans want out of wrestling. The problem is that he still is micromanaging everything to an insane degree which doesn't work when you don't have the pulse of the audience.

He'd better off letting Triple H run things and take a large step back. But he won't because he's Vince. So good. fuck them, I hope they fail.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Sami strikes me as someone who would say they didn't want to go anyway. At least he can't get any heat for not going.

Way less respect for a guy like Reigns going though.

Reigns will always tow the company line because Vince has always treated him and his family well. Not going to bite the hand that feeds him, the Usos, Nia, and others.

Is he Jewish or something? I'm confused.

He's Syrian.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I used to truly love the WWE but they should never have gone to this country. They had a chance to be better and refused after all the "no women" stuff but instead they tried to cover by saying they will pay them even if they won't be performing. Greasy and can't support it.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Last edited:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Sami: I don't wanna go to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia: WELL FINE YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED ANYWAYS
Sami: ok

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i can't fucking fathom sami zayn staying with wwe much longer. this is fucked up.

he's also booked now as the mouth piece for vince mcmahon to shit on his fans every week.

Oct 28, 2017
Colin Moriary was deplatformed here for far less (and rightfully so)

WWE continues to do it's immoral marathon and gets a free pass on this site. I thought their cover up of the sexual assault that resulted in the victim's suicide would have been the tipping point. But if that won't get them deplatformed here, then I don't think anything will.

Constantly talking about how shitty WWE is acting is a much more powerful tool in spreading awareness of their behavior than "deplatforming" them.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
There's a chance he'd be accused of Witchcraft. Saudi Arabia beheads people for Witchcraft.

Imagine your employer doing business with people that would behead you.

Which is also hilarious because the Saudis are requesting to see a match featuring Taker. A guy whose character is literally an undead wizard.

I can only imagine that one of the royal family leaned in uncomfortably close to him at that big dinner they had and asked him if he was really magic, just to be sure.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Constantly talking about how shitty WWE is acting is a much more powerful tool in spreading awareness of their behavior than "deplatforming" them.
I agree honestly. Especially since a massive and cash rich company like WWE is not going away anytime soon. The more their heinous lack of ethics gets signal boosted, the better.

Wouldn't bother me though if stuff like OTs for WWE PPVs were banned.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they didn't I would be more ignorant to what is happening.

Deplatforming != Can't talk about their shitty practices.

Deplatforming = not seeing their product openly flaunted i.e: this

This site still allows criticism of Colin Moriarty but does not allow any of his videos or content linked or propogated. The same should apply to WWE.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love old school wrestling (90s/2000s), I can't and won't support them any longer. With the allegations, blood money and the jericho interview, I feel disgusted as a fan and only hope AEW and other wrestling organizations can thrive more than they have.

While people mention Vince being the biggest problem, I think it'll be this way for the rest of our lives.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Gotta day, it's weird to go from "AEW goes out of their way to give headphones and other items to anyone attending their shoes suffering from anything that could be minimized from the use of such items also special rooms to watch the show in different seating, also banned a transphobic dude from their future shows" to "wwe openly agreeing to racist requests for their blood money."

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As much as I love old school wrestling (90s/2000s), I can't and won't support them any longer. With the allegations, blood money and the jericho interview, I feel disgusted as a fan and only hope AEW and other wrestling organizations can thrive more than they have.

While people mention Vince being the biggest problem, I think it'll be this way for the rest of our lives.
The thing many people need to remember is that while vince is in control of everything, there are many people in charge who go along with all of this.

I mean Stephanie is famous for her "philanthropy is the new way for business to succeed" or whatever it was, constantly promotes their women's revolution yet the company is happy to take blood money from a country that won't allow them to have women's wrestlers on the show.

They do collaborations with cancer charities yet are happy to use a wrestlers real life cancer as a tool for cheap heat that isn't even used for long term booking since they then changed deans character to being someone scared of germs.

Fuck everyone in charge at wwe and anyone who is still happy to support them through watching the show or subscribing to the network.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Gotta day, it's weird to go from "AEW goes out of their way to give headphones and other items to anyone attending their shoes suffering from anything that could be minimized from the use of such items also special rooms to watch the show in different seating, also banned a transphobic dude from their future shows" to "wwe openly agreeing to racist requests for their blood money."
Lol yeah just a bit of a contrast.

Oct 28, 2017
Deplatforming != Can't talk about their shitty practices.

Deplatforming = not seeing their product openly flaunted i.e: this

This site still allows criticism of Colin Moriarty but does not allow any of his videos or content linked or propogated. The same should apply to WWE.

I disagree for a couple of reasons.

WWE is much different than Colin in that they are a massive global company, ERA isn't exactly moving the needle when it comes to directing eyeballs at their product.

The WWE is also full of quality individuals like Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan who share the values of most of the people here who are rightfully shitting on the decisions of WWE management. We should be able to support those people while we dump on Vince McMahon and his cronies.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WWE is much different than Colin in that they are a massive global company, ERA isn't exactly moving the needle when it comes to directing eyeballs at their product.

The WWE is also full of quality individuals like Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan who share the values of most of the people here who are rightfully shitting on the decisions of WWE management. We should be able to support those people while we dump on Vince McMahon and his cronies.

Posting about Sami Zayn or Daniel Bryan's positive and philanthropic initiatives has nothing to do with deplatforming WWE.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

This is more or less my own stance.