• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Abe explained, she assumes her life is about to ruined without her having an opportunity to have her side of the story heard.

Is there footage of her using racist language? It's a little odd at one point he claims she used a slur, but for the most part he seems more concerned with her flipping him off.

If she used racist language, whatever. Personally I don't feel anyone needs to be humiliated for flipping someone off, and I can understand her reaction if that's the case.
Look at the longer clip.

Even if there were no racism involved (there was, but lets just say), she didn't just flip him off. She followed him for several blocks AND brake checked him. Witnesses on the street confirm.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Abe explained, she assumes her life is about to ruined without her having an opportunity to have her side of the story heard.

Is there footage of her using racist language? It's a little odd at one point he claims she used a slur, but for the most part he seems more concerned with her flipping him off.

If she used racist language, whatever. Personally I don't feel anyone needs to be humiliated for flipping someone off, and I can understand her reaction if that's the case.
if only that were the case and she had no racist intent she wouldn't have shrieked like an infant, a storied tactic among racist white women to bring harm to black men. I find it odd that we question his motives and video evidence first and foremost and are brainstorming possible reasons to justify her behavior.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Even if there were no racism involved (there was, but lets just say)

How do we know this for certain exactly?

if only that were the case and she had no racist intent she wouldn't have shrieked like an infant, a storied tactic among racist white women to bring harm to black men. I find it odd that we question his motives and video evidence first and foremost and are brainstorming possible reasons to justify her behavior.

I guess if you were unjustly accused of something that could have a huge detrimental impact on your life you'd... what? Just calmly shrug your shoulders or something?

I don't understand how her behavior proves beyond a doubt she's a racist. Again, I'm not convinced either way, but if she did just brake-check him and now things her life is going to changed for it I think her reaction seems believable. Like how WOULD she react if she hadn't said anything racist? "Actually internet, while I did succumb to road rage and imperiled this man's life, it was actually not a hate crime, so save yourself some time by NOT notifying my employer!"

Last edited:

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
At no point does she deny it, combined with the exclamation of "I HAVE A BLACK HUSBAND" to signal that, you know, I didn't really mean it.

Also, I'm going to believe the person who doesn't start the video by openly lying.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne

So she knows enough about previous videos of karens targeting PoC men that her life will be ruined if she is accused of racism (whether or not those accusations are baseless)

but not enough to know that theres inherent risk to his life by her screaming broad daylight that she is being attacked by him (especially being ambiguous if the "attack" is physical violence or an accusation of racism)

she knows enough about the other karen videos,
including
literally the infamous NYC karen video park where she threatens the mans life by claiming shes being attacked
and that karen got her life ruine by her face and name being known
and the woman in this video is so aware of this she is literally shielding her number plate

but not know
that her screaming "I'm being attacked by this man" with no context
could get him attacked

right

I don't really see the point of trying to draw conclusions based on anyone's intentions. If she thought she was about to unfairly lose her livelihood it makes sense that she's in hysterics and not acting rationally. Her knowing she fucked up and desperately trying to turn things around on her victim is absolutely another possibility, but unless there's more footage of what actually happened there's no way of knowing.
just as I was typing up a response to your other post lol

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018

I guess if you were unjustly accused of something that could have a huge detrimental impact on your life you'd... what? Just calmly shrug your shoulders or something?

I don't understand how her behavior proves beyond a doubt she's a racist.
There are some things in life, some crimes, you almost never can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. there are no signed documents, no video or her stating "I am a racist". Sometimes in life you need to use your head and put the pieces together. When black people call out the racism they experience in their lives living in this country, I think it's best to listen rather than jump to the defense of the accused. Karen does not need your help Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
So she knows enough about previous videos of karens targeting PoC men that her life will be ruined if she is accused of racism (whether or not those accusations are baseless)

but not enough to know that theres inherent risk to his life by her screaming broad daylight that she is being attacked by him (especially being ambiguous if the "attack" is physical violence or an accusation of racism)

she knows enough about the other karen videos,
including
literally the infamous NYC karen video park where she threatens the mans life by claiming shes being attacked
and that karen got her life ruine by her face and name being known
and the woman in this video is so aware of this she is literally shielding her number plate

but not know
that her screaming "I'm being attacked by this man" with no context
could get him attacked

right

just as I was typing up a response to your other post lol

Again, if she legitimately feels she's about to have her life ruined I think it's understandable that she's not calmly considering the situation.

At no point does she deny it, combined with the exclamation of "I HAVE A BLACK HUSBAND" to signal that, you know, I didn't really mean it.

Also, I'm going to believe the person who doesn't start the video by openly lying.

I can watch the video again, but I think I recall her denying it.

Her immediately bringing up that her husband is black is suspicious as hell for sure, but again, I'm not convinced that that's definitive evidence that she just used a slur. As soon as she's called Karen it's clear she's being accused of being racist. Is she brInging up her alleged husband to try to excuse her use of the n-word, or because she knows what Karen's are famous for?

Anyway, doesn't seem like there's much to be gained from arguing the point. We know she committed a crime. Do we know beyond a doubt that she's racist? I don't think so personally.

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Again, if she legitimately feels she's about to have her life ruined I think it's understandable that she's not calmly considering the situation.
Then the situation will escalate and that will be her own doing. If she was calm there would not be much of a story here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017

If somebody filming your face and license plate makes you feel like you're about to have your life ruined, you're clearly a piece of shit who's just done something very wrong

if she wasn't in the wrong, then that situation would be absolutely meaningless

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Her defence (if true) that she "has a black husband" is irrelevant to whether she is racist or not,. I used to work with a right wing, racist piece of shit that literally told me he "identifies as alt-right", and his ex-wife was black, and his adult daughters are mixed race. People can have black friends and still be racist because racism makes no sense, and there is no logic to it.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I used to watch the move Rosewood, and think that this scene in particular was really overdone:

But after the last few months? No, they didn't put enough sauce on it.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
If her response to being verbally confronted, not verbally attacked, by a black man
is to scream "I am being attacked" with 0 context for anything else
is at the most benefit of doubt, white privilege/white fragility in play and on full display
and at the very worst assumption a legit attempt to get him silenced by others/physically attacked by others/killed

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
If somebody filming your face and license plate makes you feel like you're about to have your life ruined, you're clearly a piece of shit who's just done something very wrong

if she wasn't in the wrong, then that situation would be absolutely meaningless

If the video was exactly the same but the woman calmly said "I didn't call you anything or flip you off" you'd believe her instead of him?

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck does someone get a benefit of the doubt when they scream out 'I have a black husband' as their first remark and then start feigning being attacked all the while ensuring their license plate is hidden.

Yep looks like a standard (white fragility) panic attack (at probably losing their job).

ps3ud0 8)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If she had apologized this video probably doesnt hey uploaded. Racists often get a way out of their situation but decide to double down and escalate the situation.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

I can watch the video again, but I think I recall her denying it.

Her immediately bringing up that her husband is black is suspicious as hell for sure, but again, I'm not convinced that that's definitive evidence that she just used a slur. As soon as she's called Karen it's clear she's being accused of being racist. Is she brInging up her alleged husband to try to excuse her use of the n-word, or because she knows what Karen's are famous for?

Anyway, doesn't seem like there's much to be gained from arguing the point. We know she committed a crime. Do we know beyond a doubt that she's racist? I don't think so personally.

What's the opposite of Occam's razor? Someone help me out here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
If the video was exactly the same but the woman calmly said "I didn't call you anything" you'd believe her instead of him?

Not necessarily, and if she was hiding her face and license plate still then certainly not, but in general I would be more likely to. An innocent person reacting like this is something that doesn't happen. An innocent person trying calmly to explain what actually happened is something I see often.

But as mentioned above, if she responded like that, there wouldn't be a video, because she entirely created this situation herself

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
So if the guy accused her of calling him the n-word and she just denied it we'd all assume the guy recording was lying? Huh?
it really does not matter what we assume. personally I would not believe her. The point is, the video probably wouldn't have been uploaded. If it were, probably wouldn't have blown up. Her life would not be impacted. But because of the extremely guilty and cringeworthy way she behaved, we are here now. She told on herself.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
So if the guy accused her of calling him the n-word and she just denied it we'd all assume the guy recording was lying? Huh?
I think Sunster is trying to say that she could have handled this better. She could have talked to him like an adult and this video might not have been uploaded at all.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

No, Black folks would still believe him, but it wouldn't be newsworthy. Sadly, white people call us the n-word all the time.

It's usually when the incident is accompanied by theatrics that provoke greater conversation or impart consequences that these things become memes. In this case, the topic is how powerful Karenisms still are in society. We're seeing it play out in this thread: where the white woman freaking out is being encouraged to be viewed as the victim, and NOT the Black man who was the victim of, at the very least, her indisputable road rage.

Even if you want to take out the racism, this is not a situation where she deserves any sympathy. But yet she gets it. She gets it in spades. Such is the power of Karen.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Are you thinking of Hanlon's Razor?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence
- updated version

No I mean like a thing where something gets truer the more convoluted and unlikely it is. Like this lady not being super racist.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
it really does not matter what we assume. personally I would not believe her. The point is, the video probably wouldn't have been uploaded. If it were, probably wouldn't have blown up. Her life would not be impacted. But because of the extremely guilty and cringeworthy way she behaved, we are here now. She told on herself.

Assumptions on assumptions. How confident exactly are we the video wouldn't be uploaded? The guy recording was only planning on releasing the video if she made a scene? Otherwise he would have just thought "Oh well, I was verbally attacked by a racist but she denied it so I guess I'll just delete it."

Obviously the video wouldn't have as many views if she didn't start bawling, but again, feeing there's a chance your life is about to be upended would make a lot of people emotional whether they did something to warrant it or not. I would imagine many people would actually be MORE emotional if they felt there we're being wrongfully accused of something than if they were justly reaping what they'd sowed, and I'm baffled so many people apparently think the exact opposite is how they would expect things to play out.

Anyway, I'm actually bowing out this time. I'm glad social media is being used to out racists, and I actually hope she faces some kind of consequences for the brake check. If the guy recording has footage of her using slurs hopefully he'll post it to make it more clear that what she did was racially motivated.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
As funny as it is (and important) to out these Karens, this one in particular unnerved me.

It's Central Park Karen on steroids.

And its hard to ignore that there was a time, not too long ago, when these over-the-top performances would usually result in a dead Black man.

It's just evil. There's no other word for it.

This is my take on it, she was big and hard until she saw the camera and then the tactic changed to cause a scene, play victim and hope someone calls the cops so they come and murder him - its evil

I struggle to believe she has a black husband, if she does, fuck me the poor bastard best get a divorce now, more likely i think its the shitty defense of a complete moron.

If i'm wrong and that wasn't a conscious tactic to generate a police call, then that woman needs to be in a padded cell, because if a polite confrontation elicits that reaction?! Good lord! People like this can own fire arms easily

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Assumptions on assumptions. How confident exactly are we the video wouldn't be uploaded? The guy recording was only planning on releasing the video if she made a scene? Otherwise he would have just thought "Oh well, I was verbally attacked by a racist but she denied it so I guess I'll just delete it."

Obviously the video wouldn't have as many views if she didn't start bawling, but again, feeing there's a chance your life is about to be upended would make a lot of people emotional whether they did something to warrant it or not. I would imagine many people would actually be MORE emotional if they felt there we're being wrongfully accused of something than if they were justly reaping what they'd sowed, and I'm baffled so many people apparently think the exact opposite is how they would expect things to play out.

Anyway, I'm actually bowing out this time. I'm glad social media is being used to out racists, and I actually hope she faces some kind of consequences for the brake check. If the guy recording has footage of her using slurs hopefully he'll post it to make it more clear that what she did was racially motivated.
Life is full of assumptions. You need to put 2 and 2 together here. She literally created this ENTIRE situation on her own even if we give her a completely insane amount of grace and assume she wasn't being at all racist and that he's a liar, her reaction caused the blow up. Regardless of her exact thought process that led to it, she herself is the reason she went viral.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Of course people are coming to her defense. I can't recall any instances where white women were unfairly accused of being racist and had their lives ruined, but there's plenty of historical evidence of how white women's tears have gotten black people killed. Carolyn Bryant waited 50 years after Emmitt Till ended up in a river to admit that she made it all up.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
My tweeters were not ready for this.

Ah yes the black husband. The ultimate defence?!?! lmao this woman is mad as all hell and would be laughed around town in Blighty. Of course in America she could pull out a pistol at any point in the conversation and just start deleting people.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
This dude is getting attacked by the whites for not having video proof of her saying the n word despite the first thing she does is defend herself by saying she can't be racist cuz she has a black husband and also not denying she used the n word when he screamed that out at the neighbor. He talks about it more in his insta stories but people out here claiming he's lying and that the whole thing was a setup/acting.

2-DA8-ADD9-CFC6-4-BFF-9721-DA2594-E8838-F.jpg

8707-EBBD-4-C8-B-4437-948-C-0-C98318-F0384.jpg

Last edited:

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
This dude is getting attacked by the whites for not having video proof of her saying the n word despite the first thing she does is defend herself by saying she can't be racist cuz she has a black husband and also not denying she used the n word when he screamed that out at the neighbor. He talks about it more in his insta stories but people out here claiming he's lying and that the whole thing was a setup/acting.

2-DA8-ADD9-CFC6-4-BFF-9721-DA2594-E8838-F.jpg

8707-EBBD-4-C8-B-4437-948-C-0-C98318-F0384.jpg
Ugh this incessant draining of credibility of POC has to stop.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of the story wasn't making sense to me until just now. I blame my tired ass head. I think he wasn't completely clear when explaining it which is why I felt like something was off about the story. The way I get it now, there was some road rage, she followed him, they stopped, had a verbal altercation where she dropped the n-bomb and here is where there were witnesses, then he followed her and that is where the video starts. The way I first understood it, they were in the car the entire time and it was a giant road rage incident. I didn't get where the witnesses were or when she would have even been able to call him anything. I apologize for my confusion. By the way, I am a POC and I would never personally follow a white woman to her home. That is how you get shot, but more power to him.

[EDIT]
actually, the longer video on Instagram which wasn't there initially explains the whole story better than that shorter clip.

Last edited:

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
It wasn't sarcasm.

You're telling me that Wok was totally earnest when they typed "There was no other course of action than to lay down on the ground in a fetal position, try to hide her face as best as she could, and then hope that her employer and friends would not see the viral video" and that Wok accepted the woman's behavior as the natural way of dealing with this situation?

"Oh look, a man (I flipped off, brake checked and insulted) is filming me and accusing me of being a bigot from 10ft away. Welp, better lay down on the ground in a fetal position and loudly and falsely shout I'm being physically attacked! Yep! Only choice I got!"

I still can't believe it. Sorry.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we not believing the man who was followed and brake checked but giving the benefit of the doubt to the screaming woman who brings up her black husband for no particular reason?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
Of course people are coming to her defense. I can't recall any instances where white women were unfairly accused of being racist and had their lives ruined, but there's plenty of historical evidence of how white women's tears have gotten black people killed. Carolyn Bryant waited 50 years after Emmitt Till ended up in a river to admit that she made it all up.
Posters like Clay are the exact type that allowed her to have cover for 50 years. All because she cried and was demonstratively upset in public.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Karen is losing it.

What's up with the black husband comment?

Anyone who break checks is an awful person imho. I don't know if it's true she did but if she did it's fucking awful.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I know if I'm afraid, I'm certainly not going to get out my car. It looked like she got out of the car to talk shit and then saw the camera and had a breakdown.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I like when he showed her license plate and where she lives. I hope her life is absolutely destroyed after this.