• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018
Because in other videos we have clearcut evidence that racism is happening.

And I'm not a fan of people holding their phones video-recording to instagram while driving.
You want clearcut evidence of that she called him the n-word while driving? And at the same time complain about him video-recording to instagram while driving? I legit dont understand your logic here.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the first thing she yelled was that she has a black husband...if she wasnt being racist during the road rage she would not have brought up her husbands skin colour...

He was the one that brought up the racism accusation though. How should she defende herself.

My understanding is that Karen is a term associated with racism. In the video he repeatedly calls her that, so she might have associated it with racism and decide to mention her husband.

He alleges once that he called her the 'n-word' in that first video, but in subsequent retellings he didn't mention that. In the Insta clip he said she used racial terms, but we don't see that.

I don't know.
You guys are missing the part where she yelled "I have a black husband" as a way to de-escalate the issue?

Obviously she is aware of what happens to people caught on camera being racist and started to freak out.

This is like confronting an internet troll in real life.

There is no obviousness as there is a lack of hard evidence, merely conjecture on your part.

See that's the thing that gets me. She was called a karen, derogatory word for a white woman who is a bigot of some sort. The word in itself is racially charged. Now if the woman merely flipped the guy off how is she to defend herself from this accusation? All i see is two people who have road rage issues amd one guy decided to socially destroy a strangers life. She may be a racist but i don't know based off his video. There must be a longer video somewhere

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Man fuck that, I'm not dismissing his grievances, but Americans in general seem to be so blase about things like phone use while driving, it's infuriating to watch.
I mean, I get it, but the bigger concern for a lot of people is that we live in a society where Black people feel the need to have recording devices ready at all times for their own safety.

If not for him having this on video, who in that area, listening to that woman's wailing and gnashing of teeth, would have believed that he didn't attack her? That he didn't even attempt to attack her?

This is why Karens are dangerous.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
He even said she needs to apologize for calling him the N word and flipping him off and all she doing was fake crying.

So I am not sure what some people are going on about.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018
Man fuck that, I'm not dismissing his grievances, but Americans in general seem to be so blase about things like phone use while driving, it's infuriating to watch.
Ok, but there is situations and situations, he did this clearly for self-defence. A black man without a video in America is a dead man in those situations, and even with a video he could easily end up shot. He was not making a music video or wtv for god's sake.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Now if the woman merely flipped the guy off how is she to defend herself from this accusation? All i see is two people who have road rage issues amd one guy decided to socially destroy a strangers life

I see one person with road rage issues and one person who's outraged because someone used an ethnic slur against him.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018
He was the one that brought up the racism accusation though. How should she defende herself.

There is no obviousness as there is a lack of hard evidence, merely conjecture on your part.

See that's the thing that gets me. She was called a karen, derogatory word for a white woman who is a bigot of some sort. The word in itself is racially charged. Now if the woman merely flipped the guy off how is she to defend herself from this accusation? All i see is two people who have road rage issues amd one guy decided to socially destroy a strangers life. She may be a racist but i don't know based off his video. There must be a longer video somewhere
Is this the "Won't somebody please think of the children?" for racists? Why do you feel the need to defend the woman when he was not even touching her, he just asked for an apology, that's it.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Dumbass bitch. Look how quickly she changed her tune when faced with the possibility of actual consequences. Maybe they're finally starting to catch on. Or you know, just don't be fucking racist.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
[redacted]

Edit: I originally redacted my posts after being called names in this thread. After I was banned, the moderator decided to un-redact my posts to expose me, while I had zero course of action to edit my posts. And now that the hive-mind has changed, I am un-banned and my posts are redacted once again. Without me having a say in the process, never, ever. Well, let me expose myself since you decided that it was the best course of action when you banned me. And feel free to ban me for it now. At least that would be a consistent moderation rule.

Y6COmX0.png
(duration: 2 weeks)

BumbaT BrowN said:
Now if the woman merely flipped the guy off how is she to defend herself from this accusation?

Technically, she cannot defend herself: she is past that point once she is being called a "Karen" and she is being filmed. There was no other course of action than to lay down on the ground in a fetal position, try to hide her face as best as she could, and then hope that her employer and friends would not see the viral video, so that she would not get fired, left by all her acquaintances, and forced to move to another city or state.

She gets it right at the end of the video, but that is what she should have done right away.

QtiwUDU.png

Mod edit: Posts restored for context

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Technically, she cannot defend herself: she is past that point once she is being called a "Karen" and she is being filmed. There was no other course of action than to lay down on the ground in a fetal position, try to hide her face as best as she could, and then hope that her employer and friends would not see the viral video, so that she would not get fired, left by all her acquaintances, and forced to move to another city or state.
Or, apologize and act like an adult. The guy was giving her every chance in the world and she chose to act like an infant.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
[redacted]

Edit: I originally redacted my posts after being called names in this thread. After I was banned, the moderator decided to un-redact my posts to expose me, while I had zero course of action to edit my posts. And now that the hive-mind has changed, I am un-banned and my posts are redacted once again. Without me having a say in the process, never, ever. Well, let me expose myself since you decided that it was the best course of action when you banned me. And feel free to ban me for it now. At least that would be a consistent moderation rule.

Sunster said:
Or, apologize and act like an adult. The guy was giving her every chance in the world and she chose to act like an infant.

Do we have any video of a situation de-escalating after someone apologizes? She knows she is past that point and that is why she panicks.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Two pages in and we already got:

- "Karen is a racist term to oppress white women!"
- I don't see any racism!
- But why is he recording?
- [thing that isn't racism] is what's really bothering me here!

Oct 25, 2017
I am deleting my posts because the OP initially did not have the full video. I only ever said the story sounded weird.

Last edited:

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018

She gets it right at the end of the video, but that is what she should have done right away.

QtiwUDU.png
Is this sarcasm because god damn

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
He doesn't even seem that outraged over it. He seems only focused on the road rage. I just watched it again. It's weird. He only mentions that she called him the n-word when someone yells at him to leave her alone. He never asks her to apologize for it. Only to apologize for the road rage. Even when recounting the story to the other person at the end he doesn't mention she used a racist term.

I'm all for outing racists, this one feels off to me though. He said he recorded the incident. Is it somewhere to see?

She starts off the video screaming she's being attacked.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I have to say, this one is a bit strange. He doesn't seem to ask her why she would use a racist term, he seems to focus on the flipping off and road rage and only mentioned the use of the n-word when he walked away from her. She is clearly having a panic attack over her life being ruined. I don't know what to think about this one.
Maybe if she thought about her job before being a racist shitheel, she wouldn't be screaming bloody murder from a black man patiently asking her questions on camera. Really makes her look even more guilty.
Because in other videos we have clearcut evidence that racism is happening.

And I'm not a fan of people holding their phones video-recording to instagram while driving.
Just maybe, institutional racism against black people that's getting them killed is a bit more important right now, don't ya think?

"DEROGATORY", "RACIALLY CHARGED", LMAO. Just blatantly ignoring white privilege and trying to make this about "white racism", I really can't believe it.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
[redacted]

PixelatedDonut said:

No. Or if she did, I missed that part.

Sunster said:
No because we also don't have a video of a Karen apologizing.

Hmm, I think the video would have been posted online even if she had tried to apologize. That being said, it is true that the video might not have become viral if she had apologized straight away. So that would have alleviated the consequences of her racism and could have worked in her favor. Like, she knows her face will be on the Internet, but less seen.

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
No.

Hmm, I think the video would have been posted online even if she had tried to apologize. That being said, it is true that the video might not have become viral if she had apologized straight away. So that would have alleviated the consequences of her racism and could have worked in her favor. Like, she knows her face will be on the Internet, but less seen.
She started out by screaming she was being attacked. Why do you think she would do that?

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't even seem that outraged over it. He seems only focused on the road rage. I just watched it again. It's weird. He only mentions that she called him the n-word when someone yells at him to leave her alone. He never asks her to apologize for it. Only to apologize for the road rage. Even when recounting the story to the other person at the end he doesn't mention she used a racist term.

I'm all for outing racists, this one feels off to me though. He said he recorded the incident. Is it somewhere to see?
Are you serious?

She literally came out of the car screeching that she has a black husband before anything else. You don't do that unless you're trying to deflect charges of racism. She knows she did something undeniably racist.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
[redacted]

Sunster said:
She started out by screaming she was being attacked. Why do you think she would do that?

Sunster said:
We've literally got CENTURIES of US history to support this. White woman shrieks, black man is imprisoned or killed. So fuck her. Make Karens afraid.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious?

She literally came out of the car screeching that she has a black husband before anything else. You don't do that unless you're trying to deflect charges of racism. She knows she did something undeniably racist.

Is there another video? I don't hear that. I hear "I don't understand, I don't understand what is happening. You are attacking me"

Her saying she is being attacked is gross, clearly white privilege behavior. But I don't hear her saying anything about a black husband. What is the time mark for that?

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

QtiwUDU.png
Do we have any video of a situation de-escalating after someone apologizes? She knows she is past that point and that is why she panicks.

I'm really curious as to what you're trying to get at here is, and why you won't just stop beating around the bush and say it directly.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Man: "She called me the N-word and flipped me off."

Woman: *shrieks so loud she frightens dogs in the area*

This thread: "I don't see the racism here."

We're fucking doomed.

Oct 25, 2017
You think because he doesn't go in hot with the fact she called him the N word he's making it up?

He never mentions it when interacting with her. He only mentions it to defend his behavior when yelled at by someone else. As someone who has been at the receiving end of many racists moments, I find his behavior a little odd.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Is there another video? I don't hear that. I hear "I don't understand, I don't understand what is happening. You are attacking me"

Her saying she is being attacked is gross, clearly white privilege behavior. But I don't hear her saying anything about a black husband. What is the time mark for that?
The IG story one shows a longer video.

Man: "She called me the N-word and flipped me off."

Woman: *shrieks so loud she frightens dogs in the area*

This thread: "I don't see the racism here."

We're fucking doomed.
I think people were expecting a caught in the act video. Though she was already caught when she went for the "I have a black husband" card.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

You don't see it in the clip in the OP. There's another clip floating around Twitter that starts as she's getting out of the car. She initially tries getting in his face and he tells her to back away. That's when she screams "I HAVE A BLACK HUSBAND" and goes into hysterics. And that's right where the clip in the OP picks up.

EDIT:

Yeah, the longer clip is on his Insta:

denseWorm

Banned
May 15, 2020
regardless of what ethnicity her husband is, u gotta feel for him... if nothing else, any time you had an argument with this woman all the neighbors would instantly know v_v ouuuch

ps. karen is disgusting, karen is entitled, karen is frustrating as hell, karen should go to hell. I don't wanna be seen as being unequivocal about that. fffuuuck her.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
You don't see it in the clip in the OP. There's another clip floating around Twitter that starts as she's getting out of the car. She initially tries getting in his face and he tells her to back away. That's when she screams "I HAVE A BLACK HUSBAND" and goes into hysterics. And that's right where the clip in the OP picks up.

EDIT:

Yeah, the longer clip is on his Insta:

My god it goes on and on and on.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hell, white women who are not Karens probably use that term the most to describe white women who are Karens. Just as a fact of statistics, Karens probably target other white women a lot as well.
And Karen's can also be of other skintones, there are black Karen's out there. Right now they are not the biggest problem to focus on, but you'll meet them if you work in the service industry. The 'I'd like to talk to your manager' archetype sadly exists universally. Just white Karen's have added racism on top of it.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL

Wait are you serious? Unless it was caught on tape for YOU to judge, then it didn't happen? Fuck the black mans word, let's auto-believe the crying white woman huh? That's some primo shit you're on, bucko. You're part of the problem.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
a lotta people in this thread ignoring her screaming shes being attacked at the start when hes being non violent
and then, when she realises he's recording and not going to approach closer than 1.5m, she switches gear to how her life will be ruined and hes calling her a karen
what happened to that "fear of being attacked"
not like it was just engineered theatrics in the first place so a black man would get persecuted for being perceived to attack a defenseless white women ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so you don't have her on video road raging which you probably shouldn't (shoutout for the people whataboutism him using a phone while driving) unless he has an expensive dashcam

she still shows in her behaviour
1) shes intentionally trying to get him attacked by crying wolf
2) when that doesn't work, she knows her racist actions are going to be shown and accuses him of ruining her life

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

Abe explained, she assumes her life is about to ruined without her having an opportunity to have her side of the story heard.

Is there footage of her using racist language? It's a little odd at one point he claims she used a slur, but for the most part he seems more concerned with her flipping him off.

If she used racist language, whatever. Personally I don't feel anyone needs to be humiliated for flipping someone off, and I can understand her reaction if that's the case.

a lotta people in this thread ignoring her screaming shes being attacked at the start when hes being non violent
and then, when she realises he's recording and not going to approach closer than 1.5m, she switches gear to how her life will be ruined and hes calling her a karen
what happened to that "fear of being attacked"
not like it was just engineered theatrics in the first place so a black man would get persecuted for being perceived to attack a defenseless white women ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so you don't have her on video road raging which you probably shouldn't (shoutout for the people whataboutism him using a phone while driving) unless he has an expensive dashcam

she still shows in her behaviour
1) shes intentionally trying to get him attacked by crying wolf
2) when that doesn't work, she knows her racist actions are going to be shown and accuses him of ruining her life

Maybe she's read recent stories of other people losing their job after videos of them have been posted online and isn't thinking rationally because she thinks there's a decent chance her life is about to be ruined.

I don't really see the point of trying to draw conclusions based on anyone's intentions. If she thought she was about to unfairly lose her livelihood it makes sense that she's in hysterics and not acting rationally. Her knowing she fucked up and desperately trying to turn things around on her victim is absolutely another possibility, but unless there's more footage of what actually happened there's no way of knowing.

Last edited:

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Even after countless examples of "Karening" just this past month alone, the one time where there is no initial evidence of racism in a video (which she didn't even deny btw) the default for some people when white women tears are involved is still denying racism was involved. For me tho, the best thing about her freaking out is her realization that real consequences can happen if you are a racist asshole which means exposing them is working.