• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Telling someone you are well in your couple/expressing no interest to have an affair is declining to be open to a relation...
Sure.
Dude has serious issues and isna cheater but in this case its not like he continued after his advances were shut down. The post makes it seems like he continued to harass her after she declined his love confessions.

There is also no business relationship between both of them right ? So it's not like she would have to fear retaliation at her work.

I think the last thread already established that he fucked up big time.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Sure.
Dude has serious issues and isna cheater but in this case its not like he continued after his advances were shut down. The post makes it seems like he continued to harass her after she declined his love confessions.

There is also no business relationship between both of them right ? So it's not like she would have to fear retaliation at her work.

I think the last thread already established that he fucked up big time.

The even fact that he pushed for a relation when he knew she was in relationship and happy is a problem, his love confession was more like a second wave after months of trying to get into her pants when initially she expressed she wasn't open.
He let it down when she told him clearly she don't want, but it doesn't remove the fact that it was already expressed that she wasn't interested way before, and it didn't slow him

If one need to be clearly said NO to understand it's no when it's already expressed there is a problem

Wesley

Jan 10, 2018
I think old thread might have been locked coz this is more of an infidelity issue and that is their private life which is now in the open yes but what right do we have to judge here...

Welcome to a 20 page thread of the exact same thing (except this was 'better'?).
www.resetera.com

Twitch Streamer Dr Disrespect Streams Emotional Confession About Being Unfaithful - Taking Time Off

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209596628 Just saw this on Twitch. One of the most popular streamers out there made this out of character confession about being unfaithful to his family and talks about taking time away from streaming. This was hard and weird to watch. He recently won Trending...

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Welcome to a 20 page thread of the exact same thing (except this was 'better'?).
www.resetera.com

Twitch Streamer Dr Disrespect Streams Emotional Confession About Being Unfaithful - Taking Time Off

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209596628 Just saw this on Twitch. One of the most popular streamers out there made this out of character confession about being unfaithful to his family and talks about taking time away from streaming. This was hard and weird to watch. He recently won Trending...
Yeah i remember that

Jun 23, 2020
I know this is off the point, just an observation how people react on this forum compared to neogaf in relation to these cases of abuse is incredible.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is obviously a sleaze but I'm not seeing the "power dynamics" here. As far as I can tell, he has no material leverage over her other than... her access to him. I'm also not seeing anything that looks like an attempt to undermine her emotional independence or self esteem, as you'd see in an abusive relationship (though I'm certainly no expert on the topic). And it seems like she's old enough that age itself isn't creating a power dynamic.

I'm not implying that what he did was okay or that she has no reason to be upset, but this doesn't seem like an abuse issue to me.

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
People need to sort their shit out privately, this stuff happens everywhere and everyday unfortunately.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely immoral and unethical but wasn't necessarily sexual manipulation based on the posts, seems like there was plenty of convincing taking place without the oppression or duress. A sleaze and a liar definitely.

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda feel like this is still worth mentioning in light of what sure seems to be an absolutely disastrous culture of exploration and abuse at Ubisoft as a whole, as detailed in the numerous threads curated by DennyVonDoom on Twitter.

I think there's an argument to be made that so-called "not so serious" things like this, that get a pass there, that enables the far more horrific things they have going on at Ubisoft.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Using the death of your son (and lying about the details) in order to elicit sympathy from a married woman for the purpose of eventually getting into a relationship with her is fucking psychotic.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
so its a higher position of power, surely
See, this is where I feel a bit conflicted about this whole ordeal.
Yes, it is absolutely disgusting behaviour to prey on your fans who look up to you (like the woman from the OP, who described him as their hero), but I don't think you can equate that dynamic with what you'd have between an employer/employee imo. Like comparing this to another recent incident, the AngryJoe story, the woman was engaging with him on purely business level to network, of which AJ took advantage. This wasn't the case with Ashraf, as he just took his position as an in.

Now, I'm not debating about dynamics to make Ash sound less guilty, hell no, fuck that guy. I just don't think it's fair to equate the two as one of them is arguably much more severe. Ash was being a dirty sleazebag and using his persona to get with women is fucking sociopathic behaviour and the guy has mad problems, but comparing this to an abusive relationship, where the victims simply just cannot escape from their situations sometimes due to circumstances beyond their control, just kinda irks me I dunno. Happy to be convinced otherwise, though this is just my take with the limited information we have.

ViviFF9

Banned
Dec 13, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility
If you love someone, you don't cheat on them.

You either live on another galaxy alone cut off from all society, never been in a relationship, or never been in love. Maybe all three.

That's like saying if you have a good salary you will never have financial problems. That's not how it works, life isn't a computer program kid.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
You either live on another galaxy alone cut off from all society, never been in a relationship, or never been in love. Maybe all three.

That's like saying if you have a good salary you will never have financial problems. That's not how it works, life isn't a computer program kid.

I wont judge cheating, its non of my business. But, lets not fucking defend ashraf for this shit. manipulating people is not fucking OK.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I wont judge cheating, its non of my business. But, lets not fucking defend ashraf for this shit. manipulating people is not fucking OK.
I don't think anyone here is defending him. He already been exposed, lost his job and his marriage ...and this story doesn't paint a much different picture than the one we had a thread about before.

What more is there to add for ERA users at this point ? He is a certified cheater and from what I imagine already at the bottom.

Especially when it's being used as an example for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Then again the stories are public so people gonna comment on them, but at the same time he is already paying for his actions.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Dude is obviously a sleaze but I'm not seeing the "power dynamics" here. As far as I can tell, he has no material leverage over her other than... her access to him. I'm also not seeing anything that looks like an attempt to undermine her emotional independence or self esteem, as you'd see in an abusive relationship (though I'm certainly no expert on the topic). And it seems like she's old enough that age itself isn't creating a power dynamic.

I'm not implying that what he did was okay or that she has no reason to be upset, but this doesn't seem like an abuse issue to me.
She was a fan of his work and status which he leveraged. It's pretty clear there was a power dynamic to me.

I don't think anyone here is defending him. He already been exposed, lost his job and his marriage ...and this story doesn't paint a much different picture than the one we had a thread about before.

What more is there to add for ERA users at this point ? He is a certified cheater and from what I imagine already at the bottom.

Especially when it's being used as an example for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Then again the stories are public so people gonna comment on them, but at the same time he is already paying for his actions.
I agree there's not much more to be said which is maybe why the mods keep locking topics pertaining to this, but like the woman who brought this to light, I agree with her finding value in making it known so he can't do it again.

Oct 26, 2017
What an incredibly simple and wrong outlook on the world.

Your statement ignores an absolute multitude of factors and treats everything as black and white but the personal attack was nice thanks for that.

His statement is absolutely true. I find it amazing how people like you always have this smug, condescending tone ("simple outlook on the world", "kid"), yet you can't even bring any example for a situation like this. Maybe because you know that there isn't a good one.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
In one of her paragraphs she states "Seeing how he preyed on his subordinates at work..." which would cast this into an entirely different framework than "merely" infidelity.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear that this woman was messed with by a manipulative guy who she thought wanted to be friends. I have no doubt a revelation like that must be awful to deal with

Side note: I'm not understanding why she needed permission from her husband to talk to Ash in the first place. Is that normal for people in relationships?

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
He sucks and is a bad husband, but in the good old days she would have just told her husband, who would have went and chinned Ashraf for trying it on with his wife. The end.

All these holier than thou Internet personas who've never put a foot wrong their entire lives gossiping on a forum about it, despite only having one version of events?...give me a break.
100% this

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

I think maybe a lot of people missed the other thread to be honest.

I saw his posts on twitter addressing it a few days ago but the thread here didn't last long as it is mainly about a personal matter and devolved into basically useless TMZ level of gossip. My guess is the only reason the Dr Disrespect stuff never got locked is because there is a massive hate boner for the guy here BUT also because of some of his other problematic stuff that was outside of just the infidelity is also worth mentioning.

Oct 27, 2017
She was a fan of his work and status which he leveraged. It's pretty clear there was a power dynamic to me.

I guess my question is what power does he have over her? They don't directly or even indirectly work together, nor are they in the same industry. I thought a power dynamic meant the person in the position of power could exert it over the other person (or threaten to) to some end, but I'm not sure what he could do to her. By her admission they did nothing sexual, and her husband was aware of them talking, so what power did he have over her?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I totally get that, but infidelity is a pretty big no no.

It is in practically every religion but just the same, it's a tool to oppress and get people to fall in line; yet that hasn't stopped anyone. You can tell he at least felt guilty about it enough to lie, that's the only reflection of religion there.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
This guy is objectively, morally a FAR bigger piece of shit than Angry Joe and many of the others who have been called out. But I think he pretends to be woke, an ally, and makes games people like so a lot of Era and mods go to bat for him. Could not be anymore disappointed in admins locking his threads to protect him, guy's a scum sleezeball of the highest order. He's a professional long con groomer who will do anything to manipulate women. Many of you guys are crucifying creeps who made singular, drunken, unwanted passes or propositions, but are defending and trying to sweep under the rug a verifiable sexual psycho.

Last edited:

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Women have a right to know this is how he manipulates women, especially being in a position that puts him adjacent to a lot of women such as this. Hopefully the "this is purely his personal private affair" people have been put to rest.

Oct 25, 2017
I was so excited to see that AC Origins was directed by a fellow Arab (and Muslim?) back when I first played it. This is extremely disappointing.

Fuck this guy.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I totally get that, but infidelity is a pretty big no no.

So is drinking, gambling, lying, killing, etc. People calling themselves muslim have done all of that, so why would infidelity be a line some won't cross?

Ashraf's relationship with this fan was one of unequal power dynamics. His position as the lead to a number of games the she and her husband loved made them fans of his, and they both considered him one of their personal heroes. He sees a fan speak up for him, and then he worms his way into her life. He suggests that they be friends; he attempts to know everything there is to know about her; he tries to push boundaries to see if he can worm his way closer and closer, and then he finally tells her he loves her. The fact that he's done this same routine with others brings one word to mind, and that is a predator.