• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Can we press assault charges, and if we get sick, manslaughter cases?
My wife is young and in the highest risk category due to significant immuno-suppression, so this feels like a personal threat

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, I just don't know anymore.... I feel like I'm on crazy pills when I see shit like this. I can't do the mental hurdles in my head to even remotely begin to relate to this line of thinking.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
this is not a sign of your compassion or how much you care for any other human being. this is a sign of control. this is a sign to tell them if you are going to comply.

what's step two in this plan of control after "they" see me wearing a mask? who the fuck is "they"?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Remember when the kids used to be the "rebels without a cause"

Good times.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that this virus has become political. I give America and the world another 50 years before people are destroyed due to their stupidity.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
Can't these people get the same treatment as racists in the Internet? surely the places where they work can't be ok with the risk of their employees willingly risking an outbreak.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
7Uv9e9y.png

I know these are two different people but it still counts:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I won't say what I want to say because I enjoy this website too much.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how high of a snowflake level conservatives have. There are actually people that get offended by people who are wearing masks. Just when I thought we can't get any lower.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Can someone actually explain to me why wearing a mask is considered a form of control by right wingers?

Are we against no shirt no shoes no service policies too?

Even if you dont "believe" in corona, I dont understand the whole assault on our civil liberties bullshit.

Mask wearing acknowledges that the virus is both dangerous and preventable. Acknowledging the virus is both of these things flies in the face of what their politicians and media sources and friends have been telling them for months. It also makes people around them (or reacting to their social media) visibly uncomfortable. To avoid cognitive dissonance and to own the libs, they fight back against common sense precaution.

Anything can become politicized once Trump opens his mouth, because their reality moves with his whims.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend just quit his job at a convenience store because he told a customer he wouldn't sell him anything unless the customer wore a mask and the customer attacked him.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone actually explain to me why wearing a mask is considered a form of control by right wingers?

Are we against no shirt no shoes no service policies too?

Even if you dont "believe" in corona, I dont understand the whole assault on our civil liberties bullshit.

It's not just Conservatives who feel that this is "too much control". I know people on both sides of the political spectrum who refuse to wear masks and swear that they do absolutely jack shit for the spread of COVID.

It's an American thing. People don't want ANYONE telling them what to do, no matter the source.

Nov 16, 2017
"As you know, we are a group that is completely against mandatory anything"

Ok then, bitch. Remember this when some motherfucker runs a red light on you.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Absolute morons who are willing to waste their own money and medical supplies that could go to someone else to proudly display their lack of empathy and rationality.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I think I will continue to do the "I'm Just Trying To Stay Alive" challenge, thanks.

God damned morons.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
As the years go on I'm convinced that there are people that really shouldn't have a platform lol

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We can follow this up with the "Burn your corpses challenge" where we cremate everyone that dies after refusing to wear a mask.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Those evil fuckers.

Actually, no. Those surgical masks and many homemade/non-medical ones only prevent the spread to others by catching droplets of spittle that might contain viruses. They do not protect the wearer from breathing in droplets (since the airflow can go in large parts around it), aerosols or getting viruses into his/her eyes. For your own protection you'd need different masks, like a N95/FFP2 or 3 mask.

So this absolute wanker does not endanger herself but OTHERS, as does everyone not wearing a mask.

isn't this false? from everything i've read all masks protect the wearer too, with varying degrees.. surgical masks surprisingly well too. of course it lets SOME viruses through, but not all, because its a physical barrier, and viruses of course are physical objects small as they are, some are sure to bounce off or get stuck. the amount of viruses you are exposed to is crucial, determining how sick you get. a few coronavirus particles that a mask surely lets through might not be enough to get you sick, compared to inhaling all of it..

someone correct me if im wrong, with a link to a good study or two.

for what its worth in our hospital zero workers have gotten ill (from what i've heard/seen), and we all just wear surgical masks.. i've seen absolutely no one in the lung ward or infection ward or ER wear N95 masks or anything better than surgical masks (we ran out of N95/FFP3 before the pandemic even reached us lol, or maybe just the ICU has them).

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
and in the end the feeble americans knew he powerlessness of masks. all boiled down to the power of prayer. and what you read on some jackass's facebook

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
and people talk about how "unbelievable" zombie outbreak show/movies are, because it wouldn't spread that quickly, the government would have everything on lock, and peeps would take all sorts of precautions, etc, etc. And then a global pandemic happened, and huge swaths people refuse to wear mask/gloves and not get their hair did or go to da beach... LMAO

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
I would love to see how these people act in a zombie apocalypse.