• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Cool, so next time they're sick or dying or injured or need help will they just sit there and accept their fate since they "aren't special" and "everyone dies"?

Bunch of tone deaf morons.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they'll change their tune real quick when it is their parent, their sibling, their child, in that hospital bed (if one is even available for them) fighting the virus.

I'll never understand conservatism in this country.
Yup. See all the women who are anti-abortion until suddenly their daughter needs an abortion

I never thought I'd say this but I think that we're discovering that 20-30% of the country, whether naturally or by training, are honest to god sociopaths. Other people outside of their immediate circle just aren't real to them

Oct 28, 2017
White peoples are so desperate to feel oppressed.

I don't know if "white people" is the right category but I get the context of what you are saying and in that respect your are 100% right. It amazes me the lengths that people go to feel like they are oppressed or liberty confined. Oppression is like the hottest fragrance of the year.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Just gross human beings, no empathy at all. I feel for anyone that has a loved one in hospital or has lost someone. Having lost my mother in July and not being able to be by her side as she passed still haunts me. Fuck covid and these no mask ass clowns.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
All of this worldwide (it's not just happening in the US) anti-mask rhetoric is just from a single group / leader in a single country deciding to make it a political item for a single election.

And all of them are falling for it. And it's such a minor item. Even though I don't agree with it in any way, I understand fatigue around lockdown items, but the mask thing - come on.

If Trump wasn't in leadership or trying to become elected again, the anti-mask rhetoric wouldn't really be even close to what it is.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
"That's life," goes for a lot of things besides "people die" you absolute shit magnets. Including dealing with minor inconveniences for the greater good.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
In a just world these people wouldn't be allowed a hospital bed when they eventually catch covid.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wait, this guy is literally wearing an all lives matter mask, am i missing something lmao

is this one of those things where "if everything is special then nothing is"? is that what parts of the ALM movement are turning into lol

i seriously dont understand someone touting all lives matter and then literally saying "everyone dies so who cares", dude clearly just means to be an agitator with that stuff

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
My wife and I were discussing how bizarre the anti-mask thing really is.

Most places will not allow you to enter without a shirt and shoes but wearing a little piece of cloth or paper on your face to slow the spread of a pandemic that has to date killed 300,000 people in this country is a bridge to far.

It's so mind-numbingly stupid as to make the brain hurt.

The greater irony is that if people had all pitched in an done this earlier, we'd probably have this under control which would lead to us not having to wear masks much sooner. As it stands, these asshats are ensuring we're going to be wearing masks for at least another 6-8 months at the minimum.

I hope Biden makes masks a national mandate and pressures local and state authorities to start handing out stiff financial penalties for non-compliance.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
White man oppression strikes again.

There are people out there that get corona, almost die, and still would be out protesting masks the very next day.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I point out that Americans are garbage and can't be relied on to do the right thing they say I'm doomposting.

LOL

I'm gonna just laugh from now on.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
There is something seriously wrong with American covidiots. We have antimaskers here too, but they're not as vile as the ones you guys have.
My god these American idiots take shit to a whole other level, this guys argument was literally who cares if people die. The USA will never truly progress unless the sheer amount of these people is dealt with.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
Most websites: D&D alignments don't apply to real people

Chaotic Neutrals during the pandemic: Hold my beer

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
We're screwed not because people are naturally horrible and selfish, but because they want to be horrible and selfish. I always make sure to let those people know they choose to be divisive and horrible.

It does not fix the situation, unless those people no longer talking to me is fixing the situation.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
These people don't even want to make a point, they just want to make a scene. They're angry, but they're too fucking stupid to know who they're angry with. What do they think harassing members of the public with masks on will achieve? It's not going to win anyone over. It's not going to change anyone's mind. If they believe the virus doesn't exist, then it's not even working as terrorism, because how could you threaten someone with something that doesn't exist?

Pure madness. The world is fucked.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, it's always hard to not to dehumanize such people when you witness the stupidity and insanity. I'll always try to think about my young and ignorant self, ages ago when we were teens, but these people should just know so much better by now. Sometimes I can't even get angry anymore, I'm just deeply disappointed.

Also absolutely can't believe people are still arguing about masks. It's just a fucking piece of cloth. How can it be such a huge deal for so many people. It's nothing. No work, no big deal, no negative effects, no big costs, it's just a tiny little annoyance maybe, for some people. A proper mask doesn't even really effect your breathing. Super easy and smooth.
Fuck, I know people with heavy adhd and asperger, highly sensitive about the tiniest things on their body/skin, and even they have absolutely no problem with it. Never complained a single time about it etc. Come the fuck on.

I even wish people would wear masks if they have a normal cold etc. Like they do in Japan. Always hated it when people came to work, school etc. when they were ill, coughing around and giving people the same shit in the next few days.

Last edited:

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Basically this.

Had he listened to experts, this shit would be buried deep to the Alex Jones shit...

Alas no.

It probably wouldn't have even been Alex Jones shit. Remember, these are same people that were like "You gotta give up your freedoms for security against terrorists" after 9/11 and supporting items like TSA changes and Patriot Act. The muh freedoms argument is a construct that was made for them to create an us vs them mentality.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

Same asshole.

(this whole thread is horrible)

This moron still brought his mask (even though he's not wearing it right)...and it says all lives matter.

maxresdefault.jpg

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
All I get out of this quote is: "Your parent isn't special but I am!"

And yeah, as already said, these are the people that tried to dance in by the police killings of unarmed black people with "All Lives Matter."

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So the police are trying to remove her, while these guys were running around the mall and in stores all over without being removed.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
wait, this guy is literally wearing an all lives matter mask, am i missing something lmao

is this one of those things where "if everything is special then nothing is"? is that what parts of the ALM movement are turning into lol

i seriously dont understand someone touting all lives matter and then literally saying "everyone dies so who cares", dude clearly just means to be an agitator with that stuff
I think that they honestly just don't even value their own lives very much. People who are spending their time in this emotional/mental state on a regular basis are that way because they don't feel very good about themselves deep down. I suspect that is generally a trait shared amongst people who lean conservative - they are very repressed when it comes to vulnerability (could stick other components in here like masculinity). Another part of it is that most of them have lived decades of being passive consumers of identity, white people most of all. They've lived in a world they take for granted and in our contemporary era, information and connectivity is too accelerated and their ways become maladaptive. If we live in a world where discursive flows are spreading out in a multitude of directions in an unprecedented manner, conservatism is like a stick in the mud, desperately being held onto. Often when people live dysfunctionally for periods of time, they can become resentful and bitter and begin to value even themselves less. It's like an emptying out of who they are and have been and they are ill prepared in terms of having the emotional and mental tools to deal with anything. Trying to coax them out of this place can be very challenging because during crises of identity, people can often be unwilling to budge, even from a place that is ultimately self destructive. It takes a lot of psychological treatment shenanigans to work with individuals, I'm not even sure how it could work on a mass scale.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they'll change their tune real quick when it is their parent, their sibling, their child, in that hospital bed (if one is even available for them) fighting the virus.

I'll never understand conservatism in this country.
A relative on my wife's side got COVID and at the time I heard, she had it for NINE DAYS and thought "It's fine it's just a flu", and her husband still doesn't think COVID isn't a real thing (beyond "just a flu"). They are both Trumpers.

For some conservatives, even when it DOES affect them they are still fucking assholes and don't care.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
God, came back to this thread and there's even more videos. All lives matter mask guy deserves a swift ass beating, or just die. Whichever works

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

All Lives Matter never meant anything to these people which is why they can wear it with zero self-awareness. It's not actually an ideal they live by but a refutation of the existence and meaning of Black Lives Matter. It exists only to counter and silence and not actually adhere to. It might as well say "Fuck Black People" because that's what it actually means to them and they're too cowardly to say that in actually.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Definitely higher.

republicans fudging the numbers and all that.

I'd venture to guess that it's at least twice that actually. Lots of deaths not being reported as COVID-19 and others that are being intentionally obfuscated.

True. The order to obfuscate the deaths will no longer be coming from the top so we're going to slowly get closer and closer to the real number.

The real numbers are going to be revealed once Joe Biden's in.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The jackasses were back at it yesterday

Bonus
Cops posing with antimaskers and doing nothing